What are the best transits for taking a test?

student4life

What kinds of transits are most beneficial for taking a board exam? Would it be something involving mercury or jupiter? Or will it focus more on the house or sign it is in?

I would be curious, too. I know I was awarded a gigantic scholarship (which involved testing and interviews) as Jupiter was conjunct my M.C. That seemed to be a "can-do-no-wrong" kinda time.

dr. farr

In my opinion, it varies depending upon each individual nativity:
-find the strongest (and therefore most positive) planet in your nativity
-take the test (always when Moon is waxing and Mercury is NOT retrograde)

a) when a benefic is transiting that planet (by conjunction or Parallel or semisextile or sextile or trine; never by opposition or square)
or
b) when that planet (your strongest) is transiting a benefic (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter) by the same aspects as mentioned above
or
c) when that planet is Cazimi the Sun (but never when that planet is within 5 degrees of the Sun-"combust"-either before or after the Sun)
or
d) when that planet is opposite the Sun (the ancients thought a planet is said to be very strong in expressing its own pure nature, when reflecting the Sun's rays, ie, when opposite to the Sun)

,,,if none of the above considerations can be applied, then choose when the waxing Moon is posited in the sign ruled by your strongest planet, or the sign in which your planet is exalted (but never when the Moon is passing through the Fiery Road, ie, the area between 15 Libra and 15 Scorpio)

NEVER TAKE YOUR EXAM DURING THE HOURS WHEN THE MOON IS VOID OF COURSE OR DURING ANY DAY UP TO THE PERFECTION OF A MOON/MERCURY OPPOSITION!

Love2Know

Yeah you seem pretty Jupiter from what I understand(little) but I stand by my sentence! Yeah taurus mc =^-^= meow I think mine is the sun moon venus jupiture and mars can I pick them all? :O

Last edited:
Yeah you seem pretty Jupiter from what I understand(little) but I stand by my sentence! Yeah taurus mc =^-^= meow I think mine is the sun moon venus jupiture and mars can I pick them all? :O

Opps, not to derail, but I think there's a strong case for your jupiter. I am not qualified to say!

student4life

Thank you so much for the information! That's a huge help.
I do have a question about the retrograde mercury. My friend who is about to take this test has a retrograde mercury, but it is also involved in a grand trine. I did not know if it made any difference for a native to have a retrograde, could it possibly have the opposite effect for that person? Maybe a retrograde period would be beneficial to that person because of the original placement?

dr. farr

In my post I was referring only to a current Mercury rx situation, not if the person had Mercury rx in their nativity. However, maybe your thought has some merit: the current Mercury rx being cancelled out by the natal Mercury rx!