Temporary Yod?

EJ53

Banned
...Would I have a temporary yod ..... formed between natal Mercury (26° Libra), natal Venus (2° Virgo) and tr Uranus (27° Pisces - currently conjuncts DC)?
This depends on how astrologically sensitive you are, 07.Re......I'd allow a maximum orb of 2 degrees for the qcx...so, the orb of the sextile would need to be less than 4 degrees for Uranus to form two qcxs at the same time...and your natal Mercury/Venus sextile has an orb of 6 degrees...

...However this 2 degree qcx orb is based on "cold" readings, and can therefore be increased if you experience/feel planetary influences at wider orbs, which most astrology students probably do...Then, there is a temporary yod that will be effective whilst Turanus makes a simultaneous within-orb qcx to both sextiling planets.

[Note : For sure though, Turanus will activate your natal "shield" configuration...consisting of Venus/Mars+Pluto/Neptune/Jupiter...whilst passing through 0-4 degrees Aries......So, you might find yourself skilfully "keeping others at arms length" during that time.]

-

Last edited:

07.Re

...and your natal Mercury/Uranus sextile has an orb of 6 degrees...-

EJ, do you mean the 'conjunction' (not sextile) between natal Mercury / Uranus?

...[Note : For sure though, Turanus will activate your natal "shield" configuration...consisting of Venus/Mars+Pluto/Neptune/Jupiter...whilst passing through 0-4 degrees Aries......So, you might find yourself skilfully "keeping others at arms length" during that time.]
-

Could you please explain this in more detail?

:smile:

EJ53

Banned
EJ, do you mean the 'conjunction' (not sextile) between natal Mercury / Uranus?
No, 07.Re...I meant the natal chart sextile between Mercury and Venus......Sorry...I have corrected my comment in post #2.

Could you please explain the Shield in more detail?
The Shield is one of around 45 configurations discussed in Aspect Pattern Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber, Michael Alexander Huber......It consists of a sextile+2 semi-sextiles+ a trine, as in the case of your natal Venus/Pluto+Mars/Neptune/Jupiter.

The configuration is aptly named, as the native uses it to shield themself from attacks by others...by giving-off a "don't mess with me 'cos I'm as tough as teak" vibration, and not hesitating to complain loudly to (or about) anyone who treads on their toes.

Turanus will be activating this configuration from your Pisces/7th house...which I'd guess means either that you will be using it on your partner during Piscean upsets, or to keep others at arms length whilst you are dealing with a Piscean upset by your partner.

-

Last edited:

07.Re

Aha, thanks EJ. I haven't heard of that before ... I'll make sure to do some more research on The Shield.

Is it more significant considering the shield spans the Asc and includes the Mars - Pluto conjunction to the Asc as opposed to it being found elsewhere in the chart?

Also could the tr Sun give off this kind of energy? I've been feeling argumentative of late, and put this down to tr Sun conjunct tr Uranus (before the two separated) even though the conjunction happened at around 27° Pisces.

Tr Uranus is already in a sensitive position opposing the Asc and squaring MC.

EJ53

Banned
...Is it more significant considering the shield spans the Asc and includes the Mars - Pluto conjunction to the Asc as opposed to it being found elsewhere in the chart?
Not more significant, 07.Re......but it tells us how you use the shield.......Here, it's used to protect you......On the IC, to protect the family...and so on.

...Also could the tr Sun give off this kind of energy? I've been feeling argumentative of late, and put this down to tr Sun conjunct tr Uranus (before the two separated) even though the conjunction happened at around 27° Pisces.
Yes...but only during the 5 days when the Sun passed through 0-4 degrees Aries (unless you respond to wider than 1 degree orb transits).

Tr Uranus is already in a sensitive position opposing the Asc and squaring MC.
Yes, but...(unless you respond to wider orb transits) it will activate the shield only from 0-4 degrees of each zodiac sign.

EJ:)

07.Re

Disappointingly, I haven't found much on the internet re the shield aspect.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll be waving my olive branch soon :tongue:

:)