12th house

I cee

I had a thought.........

I went to the cimema recently and I had a feelin'........maybe this is the 12th house...

On a personal note, I love going to the cinema, the darkness, the BIG screen welcoming you in.........something new, something to awaken the senses, it feels to me comforting, something known and the sharing with others in the same atmosphere, its.......exciting, its like christmas......opening something up, having no idea what it is, what your'e going to discover, a journey......its like going into another world.

I'm thinking this is akin to the 12th?

Tell me what you think/feel

Jus curious............

katydid

YES. Neptune rules cinema, films, theatre, acting. That's why a lot of actors have prominent Neptunes. Which sometimes leads to drugs/alcohol and confusion. :unsure:

Marilyn Monroe, Neptune in the first. Kurt Cobain had a strong Neptune ND PISCES INFLUENCE TOO, IIRC

Last edited:

I cee

Hi Katydid, yes...I agree

If don't mind me asking, what is your'e 12th?......the sign....do you think your'e sign relates to the types of films you are drawn to, or the aspects to your'e 12th house planets or ruler?

......jus curious

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

12th house is the place everyone retreats to in their when they want to escape from the 'real world' - be it in movies, music, art, dance or surrender to drugs or fantasies or ability to cope deceptions. Like Marilyn Monroe and Curt Cobain.

The basement of the chart where things of value are hidden or buried or shared by others in mutual pain. Could be good or bad.

Nosce te ipsum...

If film inspires you to achieve your dreams, it is lovely. If it makes you escape in them - it is not lovely.

Last edited:

I cee

Hi Kitchy....I don't see it that way...its like the womb....somewhere to feel home
If you want to call it escape....well thats up to you, we all need 'down' time.....to recharge, to recall, to recollect, to remember.... To FEEL.
IT recharges me......makes me human.....makes me connect......to something BIGGER........

I am aware when its happening....thats all that matters....no delusions, no illusions.......but to get lost......just for a moment....with others.... along th journey.......no chrime....just human.....JUST REAL

Don't HATE Neptune, she's lovely, soft, inviting............just don't try to pin her down.....and you'll do fine

Kitchy

Banned
I'm smiling at such a thought!

Yes, that is not atypical of one who likes to escape into fantasy.

Enjoy your films - just as they don't negatively affect your performance and achievement in life.

If you find inspiration in them - like "Il Postino" - where the artists influence the protagonists - you will enjoy your fruits.

Otherwise - Travis Bickle in worst cases.

Neptune is like a soft, comfy electric chair for some. Don't be one of them!

Kitchy

Banned
Hi Kitchy....I don't see it that way...its like the womb....somewhere to feel home
If you want to call it escape....well thats up to you, we all need 'down' time.....to recharge, to recall, to recollect, to remember.... To FEEL.
IT recharges me......makes me human.....makes me connect......to something BIGGER........

I am aware when its happening....thats all that matters....no delusions, no illusions.......but to get lost......just for a moment....with others.... along th journey.......no chrime....just human.....JUST REAL

Don't HATE Neptune, she's lovely, soft, inviting............just don't try to pin her down.....and you'll do fine

Most people call that place you speak of, 4th house when they are reality based.

No one is free of wanting to escape - but to write a post about why 12th house escapism in a dark theatre is so much more enticing than 4th house escapism with a movie at home and a bed you can dream in is usually a red flag unless you have cinematic 10th house production desires.

Last edited:

I cee

.....its a collective womb......not personal.....

Anyway my 12th is leo......so my collective womb would be..........

Any creative suggestions??

Whats yours??

Lets open this up.......yippee yihi....gogo

I cee

....hahaahahahhahha

Of course..... I shake my maine and... Stroll down the aisle of the cinema and.....growl at the icecream maiden and I choose my seat/throne and nestle into my kingdom......
....if ya don't wanna see my claws, don't mention my noise on the popcorn...

Or else I WILL MAWL....... To my convenience

Kitchy

Banned
Then why choose to execute such regal ownership & right in a dark movie theatre? Movies in theatres obviously tap a core in you.

Take some acting classes? Work to become everyone's dream you ever wanted to be and if you can't laugh about it all when you take your money to the bank, at least get a good therapist to help you figure out why you choose to be the star in the dark?

Know thyself. If you're asking for Saturn's permission, I am not looking at the chart - inquire there. If your 1st and 5th and 10th support the sun - aces away!

I cee

Hahahaha........
I told you.....don't pin her down.......no core...just.....in the moment....fluid.....movement......neccessary......life......adjust.....change.....tide...........constant......change.......movement.........need......just then.......not now....maybe now..... Maybe not.....just .......next.....movement.......flow......not fixed...... Go with......... Movement...........flow......no core.......ever changing......ever moving.......shamen......evolve.......into.......out of........changing.......movement.....liquid........can't hold.....won't hold........... Movement.........change...........neccessary....she's neccessary........don't judge....movement...........change.........tide.........she's what ever you want her to be.......

Kitchy

Banned
Hahahaha........
I told you.....don't pin her down.......no core...just.....in the moment....fluid.....movement......neccessary......life......adjust.....change.....tide...........constant......change.......movement.........need......just then.......not now....maybe now..... Maybe not.....just .......next.....movement.......flow......not fixed...... Go with......... Movement...........flow......no core.......ever changing......ever moving.......shamen......evolve.......into.......out of........changing.......movement.....liquid........can't hold.....won't hold........... Movement.........change...........neccessary....she's neccessary........don't judge....movement...........change.........tide.........she's what ever you want her to be.......

I agree wholeheartedly. Except that Neptune is not he or she - it is like a frog prince - no gender unless you choose to believe it is what you want to believe it is - beautiful thing Neptune, huh?

Just when you think you have it all sussed out - watch this - the 12th house of Neptune when home is washed away and never to be had again because it's so nice living next to the sea in a basement.

Not even mentioning the nuclear fish...... ...... ..... ...... ..... .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spg62-MrYpQ

Last edited:

I cee

Kitchy.....your'e fine...
But.....no you tube..unless I want....
She is she, no doubt...no doubt.......no doubt.........

Your'e good.....but not that good"

Leadeth me into the jungle......choose ya own path......growl.....mawl.....yawn.....stretch........sleep.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kitchy

Banned
Consider this a sunami warning, grasshopper -

I don't care if I'm good or not good - but I am correct. Usually always.

Peace fingers.

Keep watching the movies that help you escape from reality and one day you'll end up like a boat or a car or a life that covered by something way more powerful.

I don't know why and how I know this - but you are a touchstone in my knowledge of such. Thank you.

May your dreams always ebb and flow and life never destroyed by Neptune or 12th house Sun that laughs when he should be crying.

In the meantime - enjoy the comfortable numbness of the sun in 12th house -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

Last edited:

I cee

Hahahahahahah.........touchstone.......tut....tut.... So OBVIOUS.....NAUGHTY......
LIVIN' it......
Glad u like.....u see....here....to....please....but don't.....ever......assume.....

I cee

.......i raise a glass/goblet to "the numbness of life".........may it floweth over and cover mankind.....cover the corruption and mistakes that can not be rectified, may it numb and dull the masses into "ok, its fine"
Keep goin' and maybe there will be a day when....everything is fine.......cos, life is hard and beautiful.....but hard.
See the beauty where, it is hidden.....seek it out...in the moment.....the smallest moment......something.....anything......to keep you going......
HOPE......thats all we can wish for.....
Something bigger.....that inspires and fills the void........I know SATuRN.....he's there......but we need to climb the ladder......higher......aim.......desire ....truth.....human heart.....xxx

katydid

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 12th house. I have Jupiter in Taurus in my 12th. It is in an exact sextile with Uranus in Cancer in the 3rd. I have always seen that as my penchant for reading charts for clients and helping them explore their unconscious and their 'fate.'

david starling

I'm looking for short but comprehensive meanings for the Houses. Not a hodgepodge of loosely connected (if connected at all) qualities. We've got one for the Houses themselves, that most seem to agree with--Areas of Life. I'm also looking for Pattern. For example, Tropical Signs have a Seasonal motif. But the Houses, even when associated with Signs of the same Tropical number (1 thru 12, beginning with Aries, first Sign of Spring) do not. Suppose we go with Stages of Life. Then we should have H1 as that of Birth and Emergence. H2 would then be about Exploration and Learning. Not Consumership and Credit rating. I'm still absorbing and distilling other peoples opinions, but it's a work in progress. Hey, if there's a house which includes "other peoples money" (which sounds like an invention of an investment banker, not an Area of Life), there should be one for "other people's ideas"! For one's own Ideas, as products of one's own Imagination, I nominate H12. Also H12 as the last Stage of life: Wisdom, and "The Clarity of Aging"-(Chameleon Gubudu). Not dementia and senility, which are about the approach of Death.
The House of Dreams, Imagination, and Clarity, in which Life's Illusions become obvious and Transparent. The acceptance of Sorrow for what has been lost in gaining Wisdom, not Sorrow itself--"Wish I didn't know now
what I didn't know then."-(Bob Seeger)
Obviously, I'm not going to settle for the Conventional Wisdom where the Houses are concerned!

Last edited:

muchacho

Hi Katydid, yes...I agree

If don't mind me asking, what is your'e 12th?......the sign....do you think your'e sign relates to the types of films you are drawn to, or the aspects to your'e 12th house planets or ruler?

......jus curious
Actually, movies/films are a 5th House matter. So you would have to look at your 5th and maybe Venus in order to determine what movies/films someone might prefer.