Sedna Consciousness, the Path of Destiny

Alan Clay

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a book on the new outermost planet of the solar system, Sedna, and I've just put up a site at www.sednaconsciousness.com and would love feedback.

On the orbital meaning page I draw the connection with Pholus, because they both have a 'space weathering' process that turns the surface of each red, so in my mind they both have to do with growth. And I draw the connection with Ceres, because they both likely have internal oceans, so they both speak of a nurturing process. And with Saturn, because their daily rate of spin is the same, so they have the same day to day practical perspective and both speak of limits. Sedna is of course the esoteric new outer limit of the solar system.

I'm proposing that Sedna is in fact the higher octave of Ceres, where the spiritual security and sense of place on Planet Earth with Ceres, is transmuted into a transpersonal nurturing of our spirituality and sense of place in the evolutionary cycle with Sedna. I also push back a little on all the victimisation interpretations of the planet and look a little at Sedna and illness.

On the discovery events page I’m including an early draft of the blockbuster discovery event, the proof that Dark Energy and Dark Matter make up 95% of our reality. That’s right, Sedna teaches us that we’ve only discovered 5% of what is actually around us... But isn't that what spiritual people have been telling us for eons?

I'm using all 18 inner planets, 3 asteroids and 4 centaurs in my analysis as well as the MC, ASC, Part of Fortune and North Node. And I'm basing most of my interpretation on 26 case studies, with at least two from each house, plus around 50 other charts and you can find all this info on the site.

I also want to include a detailed aspect analysis and I'm still looking for examples of some aspects. What do you think? If you work with Sedna, or use it in your personal chart, please share your experience.

AtlanticPacific

Congrats Alan, this is really interesting! I've been intrigued by Sedna for a while now, as I have it conjunct Chiron in my natal (in the 3rd, Placidus) and there's limited info out there on it. Thanks for sharing!

Kuntuzangmo

Just looked it up on my chart for the first time and found the Sabian Symbol for it (27 Aries, in 9th house, ruled by Aries):

https://sabiansymbols.com/symbol-lookup/

THROUGH IMAGINATION, A LOST OPPORTUNITY IS REGAINED

Interesting because the sense of lost opportunity is very strong, and indeed the imagination I'm using to recreate positive visions. Whether they manifest is unknown, but good to ponder and do anyway.

I also just read a report I bought some time ago on the asteroids and I'm astonished how accurate it is.

Today it is also conjunct Algol, by transit.

Last edited:

Alan Clay

Congrats Alan, this is really interesting! I've been intrigued by Sedna for a while now, as I have it conjunct Chiron in my natal (in the 3rd, Placidus) and there's limited info out there on it. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for responding. I'm still working on the delineation of both Sedna conjunct Chiron and Sedna in the third, so I suggest you drop your email address in the list on my site and get a free copy of the book on its release, so you can get that info.

Here's a few quick thoughts. Gandhi also had the conjunction and you can see in his life the merging of the all embracing evolutionary spiritual energy of Sedna, with the cathartic wounding and healing process of Chiron, particularly in his hunger strikes to achieve social change.

With Sedna in the third, your 'path of destiny' will involve teaching, learning, writing, talking and connecting. Charles Darwin, Warren Buffett, Herman Hesse and Ronald Reagan have Sedna in the third.

Kuntuzangmo

I have Sedna opposing Venus? Sedna is in the 9th, Venus in the 3rd; and Sedna semisquare Jupiter in the 5th sag.

Last edited:

Alan Clay

I have Sedna opposing Venus? Sedna is in the 9th, Venus in the 3rd; and Sedna semisquare Jupiter in the 5th sag.
Good to get your input. The asteroids are fantastic, however Sedna is actually a candidate dwarf planet, so not part of the asteroid belt, but is actually way out beyond all the other planets. I break down the 'new solar system in a nutshell' on the orbital meaning page on my site.

http://www.sednaconsciousness.com/Sedna/Orbital_Meaning.html

With Sedna in the ninth your 'path of destiny' will involve new horizons, travel, beliefs, spirituality &/or higher education. Donald Trump and Pope Francis are contrasting examples of ninth house Sedna placement.

Here's an early draft of my take on Sedna opposite Venus, I use Woody Allen as an example. Let me know if you can relate to any of it:

We look to Venus in the natal chart to see how we approach relationships of the heart, as well as what gives us pleasure. Venus rules attachments to others. It rules attractiveness, both the ability to attract and attraction to others and things.

With the opposition between Sedna and Venus the all encompassing spiritual energy of Sedna challenges us to explore personal relationships and values from a larger and yet uniquely personal perspective. This might bring us into conflict with others and even the authorities, who feel threatened by our behaviour.

Film director, Woody Allen, has this aspect. Woody is the most prolific filmmaker alive today and all of his films explore the intricacies of relationships and attachment and allow us to laugh and release tension in these areas. The best of his films leave the audience with a warm feeling about being alive, giving them a little peek into Sedna consciousness.

In the meantime Woody’s personal relationships are notorious for being outside the norm. Allen and his long time partner, Mia Farrow, adopted two children and have one biological child together. They even worked together non-stop as Allen put the actress in more than a dozen of his films. They never married and never even lived together.

Allen did not adopt any of Farrow's other family, including Soon-Yi Farrow Previn, the adopted daughter of Farrow and André Previn. So, although it was a huge scandal when he fell in love with Soon-Yi and left Mia to start a family with her daughter, it was all technically legal because he wasn’t Soon-Yi’s actual, or adopted father.

In a 2005 Vanity Fair interview, Allen told the magazine that, despite the scandal's damage to his reputation, Farrow's discovery of Allen's attraction to Soon-Yi Previn by finding nude photographs of her was "just one of the fortuitous events, one of the great pieces of luck in my life. . . It was a turning point for the better.”

In 2011, Reuters quoted Allen as saying, "What was the scandal? I fell in love with this girl, married her. We have been married for almost 15 years now. There was no scandal, but people refer to it all the time as a scandal and I kind of like that in a way because when I go I would like to say I had one real juicy scandal in my life."

blackbery

The energy this past week has been just awful. Just one bad news event after another. And heard this morning that a good friend's friend died suddenly on the weekend and he's only in his 40s. HOpe it moves from Algol very shortly.

Today it is also conjunct Algol, by transit.

blackbery

Hi Alan,
I will read your link later this week. Don't know anything about Sedna (#90377) but just checked my chart and it's conjunct my Moon h2 sq Jupter/Saturn h12.

I have had such agony and despair over my fluctuating pay cheques. Been cheated, have had to move over 2000 miles to find work. Something always strange happens like a company will go bankrupt or taken over and laid off. Been so stressful. Then I'll get a
very good government contract and make good money but then it's over and I'm unemployed again. Never knew that Sedna was involved in this so will have to do
some research about this.

Thank you and look forward to reading your research.

BB

Alan Clay

Hi BB,

So interesting. Very definitely Sedna in the second conjunct the Moon. The second house is material resources and, where the moon is always trying to have enough to be comfortable, Sedna places that process in a much bigger context that has no sympathy for the Moon's attempts at crafting a safe house.

The squares to Jupiter and Saturn in the twelfth indicate structural and expansion problems caused by institutions. The mother of the environmental movement, Rachel Carson, the sleeping prophet, Edgar Caye, Apple's Steve Jobs and Barack Obama all have squares to Jupiter. And Donald Trump, Rupert Murdoch, indian guru, Bhagwan shree Rajneesh and Barack Obama have squares to Saturn.

Barack actually has the same house placement of Sedna as you, and so he also has it square his jupiter conjunct Saturn in the twelfth. You can see how he has worked through the institutions to change them, rather than become a victim of the ineptitude or criminality of 'the system'. You might want to read some of his books to see how it manifested in his life.

You have it conjunct the moon, which makes you particularly sensitive to it. I don't have the conjunction delineated yet, so I can't include it here, but when you check out the site, drop your email in the list to get a free promotional copy of the book on it's release and I'll email it to you.

The key with Sedna is to realise that it is working in the best interests of your destiny and everyone else's destiny, in the long run. Even when it disrupts our work, or our physical health, I believe it is channelling our energy into the most appropriate path of destiny at each point in our lives. Although the immediate pain of loosing a job, or getting sick is a huge crisis, Sedna is actually about the transcendence of that crisis and where that takes us.

Let me know what you think.

Kuntuzangmo

Good to get your input. The asteroids are fantastic, however Sedna is actually a candidate dwarf planet, so not part of the asteroid belt, but is actually way out beyond all the other planets. I break down the 'new solar system in a nutshell' on the orbital meaning page on my site.

http://www.sednaconsciousness.com/Sedna/Orbital_Meaning.html

With Sedna in the ninth your 'path of destiny' will involve new horizons, travel, beliefs, spirituality &/or higher education. Donald Trump and Pope Francis are contrasting examples of ninth house Sedna placement.

Here's an early draft of my take on Sedna opposite Venus, I use Woody Allen as an example. Let me know if you can relate to any of it:

We look to Venus in the natal chart to see how we approach relationships of the heart, as well as what gives us pleasure. Venus rules attachments to others. It rules attractiveness, both the ability to attract and attraction to others and things.

With the opposition between Sedna and Venus the all encompassing spiritual energy of Sedna challenges us to explore personal relationships and values from a larger and yet uniquely personal perspective. This might bring us into conflict with others and even the authorities, who feel threatened by our behaviour.

Film director, Woody Allen, has this aspect. Woody is the most prolific filmmaker alive today and all of his films explore the intricacies of relationships and attachment and allow us to laugh and release tension in these areas. The best of his films leave the audience with a warm feeling about being alive, giving them a little peek into Sedna consciousness.

In the meantime Woody’s personal relationships are notorious for being outside the norm. Allen and his long time partner, Mia Farrow, adopted two children and have one biological child together. They even worked together non-stop as Allen put the actress in more than a dozen of his films. They never married and never even lived together.

Allen did not adopt any of Farrow's other family, including Soon-Yi Farrow Previn, the adopted daughter of Farrow and André Previn. So, although it was a huge scandal when he fell in love with Soon-Yi and left Mia to start a family with her daughter, it was all technically legal because he wasn’t Soon-Yi’s actual, or adopted father.

In a 2005 Vanity Fair interview, Allen told the magazine that, despite the scandal's damage to his reputation, Farrow's discovery of Allen's attraction to Soon-Yi Previn by finding nude photographs of her was "just one of the fortuitous events, one of the great pieces of luck in my life. . . It was a turning point for the better.”

In 2011, Reuters quoted Allen as saying, "What was the scandal? I fell in love with this girl, married her. We have been married for almost 15 years now. There was no scandal, but people refer to it all the time as a scandal and I kind of like that in a way because when I go I would like to say I had one real juicy scandal in my life."

Thanks Alan. I will respond to you in pm.

AtlanticPacific

Thanks for responding. I'm still working on the delineation of both Sedna conjunct Chiron and Sedna in the third, so I suggest you drop your email address in the list on my site and get a free copy of the book on its release, so you can get that info.

Here's a few quick thoughts. Gandhi also had the conjunction and you can see in his life the merging of the all embracing evolutionary spiritual energy of Sedna, with the cathartic wounding and healing process of Chiron, particularly in his hunger strikes to achieve social change.

With Sedna in the third, your 'path of destiny' will involve teaching, learning, writing, talking and connecting. Charles Darwin, Warren Buffett, Herman Hesse and Ronald Reagan have Sedna in the third.

What illustrious company I'm in! :biggrin: What you wrote about Sedna in the 3rd pairs well with the stellium I have in the 9th it seems. Although I just realized too that the Sedna/Chiron conjunction also squares my DC/Jupiter conjunction, so apparently there's an amplification of focus on healing through relationships as well (?).

Thanks for your input, I'll most definitely sign up for your book. :)

sadge

Thank you for sharing your project. I have never taken the time to learn about Sedna, so regardless of the parallels that can be found between it's characteristics and other planets (orbit, physical matter, etc), I still don't understand what it fully means. Help, please?

For example, what exactly does Sedna represent in a natal chart?

Thank you,
Sadge

Alan Clay

Hi Sadge, Thanks for your question.

In a nutshell I believe Sedna represents our soul's path of destiny in this life. She seems to always be encouraging us, or forcing us to deal with with certain issues, which will be defined by the house position and the aspects, with the goal of transcending these and finding a richer personal spirituality.

theV

Sedna considers to be like Pluto and Eris a dark energy. Karma plays an important with this planet. Sedna like the myth would offer the seamen food if the fishing rules are respected. If not, there is anger demonstrated in flood and tsunami. Therefore, good deeds in this lifetime must be carried on to receive rewards. Like ceres indeed, she offers wealth and can take it whenever she feels obliged to. She is an underworld figure living in the depth of the ocean.

Sedna speaks about the collective subconscious. She is able to voice the emotion of people that seems to be hard to be expressed. Therefore, these people are the light of the subconscious and the depth of psyche. They light the suffering of the individual and the collective as whole because they have been through the dark. She has an impact on the crowd. Global influence.

Margaret Thatcher Sun opposite Sedna.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
sedan is more tha just a symbolic planet of destiny.it has concrete affects in the political plane as can e seen from looking at the times when sedan was conjunct the node.

»
the node/sedna conjunction seems to have a cultural regulatory aspect.

the sedna/node in june 1949 brought the first big case of espionage to the budding cold war.alger hiss was protected seemingly protected from the rabid prosecuetors during sednas transit of the node.

the node/sedna conjunction in fall of 1985 brought the arrest of the the israeli spy, jonathan pollard.

pollards chart shows sedna square to uranus and chiron and opposed to neptune.
he was arrested on nov.21.sedna and the node were in i degree orb from sept. 22/85 til dec 29 /85

this long period was full of espionage arrest and trials.
indictments against jerry whitworth .

the morison espionage trial with a conviction on oct 9 /85.
randy miles on espionage on cecember 20/85

there were internation examples also.

dec.8/85 it is reported that two life sentances are handed out to junta rulers associated with9000 disappeared people in the 70s
also on dec8, secret tsetimony in bonn germany reveals Hans Joachim Tiedge,senior intelligence officer,who had dfected in august, nhad betrayed the western agenst in east germany who had infiltrated the communist establishment.

a great quote by an interior spokesman:" this is why we didn't want a inquiry in the first place" somethings never change

astro_2gw_961_sedna.69630.17520.gif

sedna was conjunct the node on jan 21 2004. the conjunction was in 1 degree orb from jan8 to feb1

more espionage...
reported on jan 21, a former intelligence agent in peru indicted for arms trading thru jordan to brazil.vladmir monesino was a ally of clinton

it was reported on jan ss that 10 former intelligence officers and 2 former cia station cheifs want aninquiry into the "unforgivalbel breech of security" that occurred when the white house circle outed CIA agent valerie plame.white hose retaliated as her husband was agiant the war in the middle east
but notyhing came of this but a slap onthe hand.

astro_2gw_965_1_22_04.5700.21589.gif

Last edited:

sadge

Hi Sadge, Thanks for your question.

In a nutshell I believe Sedna represents our soul's path of destiny in this life. She seems to always be encouraging us, or forcing us to deal with with certain issues, which will be defined by the house position and the aspects, with the goal of transcending these and finding a richer personal spirituality.

Thank you all for your responses.

So in terms of feedback, Alan, I would recommend that you include a more direct and clear explanation of what Sedna represents in astrology, particularly in regards to it's influence in astrological interpretation. In order to connect with your audience, one idea is to start at the individual level (natal), national/global level, and then reach for the esoteric cosmos.....and of course, every step of the way, offer evidence to connect your conclusions back to your overriding theory. You need to hit the nail on the head in outling why Sedna should matter to us.

I'm new to this whole Sedna thing so my intent is not to be critical at all here, but only offer insight on how I was still left scratching my head in confusion after looking over your website. It was good and I could sense your enthusiasm in it. But I was still lost in it's astrological application. In general, I'm looking for grounded theory that can be explained/proven through examples via natals and other charts, but also a clear explanation of how Sedna functions astrologically within the context of everything else we already know. Pluto is a good example here. Most astrologers can offer a quick summation of how to read pluto influences, whether in natal, transit, or metaphorical interpretations. Anyone who has lived with, or through, plutonic energies can assert to it as well. The goal is to have your readers walk away with this same depth of understanding. It's like trying to link heaven and earth in our explanations.

I see some supporting claims offered in this thread about Sedna on global/political realms. But what can be political can also be personal, right? That's the gap I'm still trying to close. How does Sedna interact with other planets? Again, we can speak along these lines with Pluto. But I'm still lost in understanding what Sedna can/will/has done, and how to apply it's energy in an interpretation.

All of you Sedna experts may already know this knowledge. I'm still trying to grasp it's meaning. So any insight, or referrals to other sources, would be helpful for me.

Was my feedback helpful for you? I never know. Sometimes people get offended by feedback. But I always want to hear from those who did not understand something I tried to communicate because it allows me insight on how to strengthen my work by closing such gaps.

Sadge

sadge

Can any of you offer another explanation of what Sedna means in a natal or synastry? You say it is "dark" like Pluto, but that doesn't tell me much. It's still different from Pluto, so how is it different?

I can see how Pluto might be defined as "dark" by someone, but I don't see it that way. I see it as power, which can go either way depending on a litany of other conditions. But I suppose that's a separate conversation.

For example, how would you explain Sedna conjunct someone's sun, moon, an angle, or Chiron?....etc. Are there any sedna-dominant charts or people that you've observed? I think it was V (above) who stated that Sedna is a collective energy..... that it represents the collective unconscious. Okay, got it. But we can say the same about all of the outers, which in turn emerges in a very personal way within natal charts. So how does Sedna influence one on a personal level?

Thanks -- sadge

Last edited:

Alan Clay

H Sadge

Each of the planets energies gets more esoteric as we get further away from the sun, so in your example of Pluto, that energy is harder to understand than that of Saturn. Astrologers have had 90 years to understand Pluto, so I suggest an open minded attitude about what Sedna could mean will help us embrace the evolving sense of the planet. We're all still working out what it means.

If you want to give me your Sedna house position and aspects, or your birth data, I'll try and particularise the Sedna influence in your life for you.

Alan