When will i be able to walk for half an hour?

barbh

Account Closed
I've been dealing with some physical back and leg issues since my mom passed away earlier this year. Emotions manifested physically. I'm doing much better emotionally now, and have been working on my physical issues and there is definite progress, but its taking its time, as healing does. I'm asking when will I be able to go for a half hour walk again.?

Walking itself is a 1st house issue, right? Or maybe Mars, as it rules action. I am Mars, ruler of the 1st in Sag, so that makes sense. Scorpio is rising, which is perfect because I am going through a transformation and a healing currently. Mars is at 20 Sag, which is mutable which means unstable, which is true for this moment in time. However, Mars will move into stable Capricorn in 10 degrees, where Mars is much happier, so do we use that as a timer? Or, the moon is in he 3rd house and will trine the sun and then merc retro as a last aspect.
Which aspects do I use a timer?
Moon trines Sun in 3.25 degrees. 3 months sounds about right, altho i would hope it would be sooner,
thanks for your insight
barbh:biggrin:

Attachments

• walking.gif
    walking.gif
    48.4 KB · Views: 29

IleneK

Premium Member
I am sorry for your loss.
I do think this question might better be posed about healing rather than walking. Then we would use the ruler of the 6th, Mars, making you the moon.
Mars healing strongly supports you now since Mars exalts Moon you. There is like a surge of healing going on that may then fall off a bit, that is how I see exaltation. But Moon and Mars do not apply to an aspect at this time. So I do not see sufficient healing/recovery for you to walk that distance in the near term.

For future reference, perhaps it might be best next time to ask something more like "will I be able to walk the distance in a month?" so you include some time period?

barbh

Account Closed
Thank you IleneK, for your insight and analysis. It does make sense, although it is quite a depressing thought too, that I won't be able to go for a half hour walk in the near future. I do hope its not true. :andy: Although, it could be that I can go for a 20 min walk n in the near future, who knows. I miss walks more than anything, so was very specific about being able to go for a lovely walk around the Park, as opposed to just doing something else. I like your advice about being more particular with the timeline, so I will do that with my next horary. Thank you so much for replying. :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you IleneK, for your insight and analysis. It does make sense, although it is quite a depressing thought too, that I won't be able to go for a half hour walk in the near future. I do hope its not true. :andy: Although, it could be that I can go for a 20 min walk n in the near future, who knows. I miss walks more than anything, so was very specific about being able to go for a lovely walk around the Park, as opposed to just doing something else. I like your advice about being more particular with the timeline, so I will do that with my next horary. Thank you so much for replying. :smile:

The unfolding of these kinds of matters, loss of a mother, and the bodymind's response to the period leading up to it and after, sometimes just take a bit of time. Maybe all the chart is telling you is to go a bit more slowly in moving yourself forward physically.

I like your response that you may enjoy more shorter walks in the near term? That seems like a very satisfactory possibility.

I am wishing you the best.

barbh

Account Closed
As I muse more, I don't think the 6th house is the right house to use for this question. 6th is more about illness I think, so i wouldn't want to apply to its ruler. In some cases I've seen people use the 4th from the 6th, which is the 9th, to be the end of the illness. I guess you could say the ruler of the 6th can represent my physical difficulties, so that would be Mars, and Mars is in unstable Sag right now, but will move into stable Cap soon, so that looks good for future walking. Health is also ruled by the 1st, so that is mars too, as well as the moon. Also Mars is in sag, the sign that rules the legs.

Anyone else care to comment?

Sun and merc are both going to square mars, and venus is going to sextile mars, and mars will trine uranus. The moon is going to trine the sun and merc.

Since I originally asked this question, I did have a bit of a setback. I was all gung ho and moving forward, and then I hit a setback which slowed me down somewhat. I still hope to get back to original pace tho. This setback could be that sun and merc retro squaring mars.

The moon separating from Pluto shows the grief process I've been in but coming out of.

However, since i know i will be going for walks again at some point in the near future, I'd like to stick with this original question and see if anyone else can see something positive in it. Moon trine sun and merc must be good, right? The Sun represents vitality in general, and merc retro could be me returning or going back to my beloved walks. And mars going into capricorn is good. But what about timing?

thanks for your help
barbh :p

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
If the proper question was not "when will I be well enough to walk?," well, how about this?

I really don't see walking as the 1st house. Rather, I see walking either as a 3rd house mode of transporting short distances, or as more likely in this case, as a means of recreation [re-creation]. That would suggest the the domain of the 5th. The significators for using the 3rd house do not support a favorable answer, so lets look at the 5th.

So you are Mars and the 5th's ruler is Jupiter.

You mentioned how you had a setback already that we can ascribe to Mars' square to Mercury [symbolizing short journeys]. And we see based on reception that walking/Jupiter appears favorable, as Jup receives you/Mars by dignity.

Following Mars' square to Merc, Mars proceeds to change sign, move into its exaltation, which is good for your strength. And then Mars applies to square Jupiter. The square is a challenge. Additionally, there is mutual reception between Mars and Jup that is adverse.

So what I see with this is that after the obstruction and re-coup from Mercury, then after Mars moves in 10 units to aspect Jup, you will be doing the walk as you would wish. There will have to be some significant changes as reflected with Mars' change in sign and there will be challenges to be reckoned with based on the square and reception between the significators, Mars and Jupiter.

As to the kind of units, I don't see it as 10 days, so perhaps 10 weeks?

Moon's next aspect is a trine to the Sun, which supports the folding of the matter.

Last edited:

tikana

As I muse more, I don't think the 6th house is the right house to use for this question. 6th is more about illness I think, so i wouldn't want to apply to its ruler. In some cases I've seen people use the 4th from the 6th, which is the 9th, to be the end of the illness. I guess you could say the ruler of the 6th can represent my physical difficulties, so that would be Mars, and Mars is in unstable Sag right now, but will move into stable Cap soon, so that looks good for future walking. Health is also ruled by the 1st, so that is mars too, as well as the moon. Also Mars is in sag, the sign that rules the legs.

Anyone else care to comment?

Sun and merc are both going to square mars, and venus is going to sextile mars, and mars will trine uranus. The moon is going to trine the sun and merc.

Since I originally asked this question, I did have a bit of a setback. I was all gung ho and moving forward, and then I hit a setback which slowed me down somewhat. I still hope to get back to original pace tho. This setback could be that sun and merc retro squaring mars.

The moon separating from Pluto shows the grief process I've been in but coming out of.

However, since i know i will be going for walks again at some point in the near future, I'd like to stick with this original question and see if anyone else can see something positive in it. Moon trine sun and merc must be good, right? The Sun represents vitality in general, and merc retro could be me returning or going back to my beloved walks. And mars going into capricorn is good. But what about timing?

thanks for your help
barbh :p

Barb

if you think people who are trying to help you with your chart are wrong, read your own charts then. Ilenek is on the right path.
Health issues are 1st and 6th houses
Treatments are 10th

Good day
T

barbh

Account Closed
Code:
Thank you IleneK. I had thought 3rd house as well, but 5th does fit because its a pleasure thing, plus an exercise thing. I'm glad you agree with the moon trine sun as positive. I will still do another horary one day soon with more specific timing in the question, as per your suggestion. Yes, you're so right, the body mind connection with these intense grief and anxiety situations can be intense, as mine certainly has been. At times I wondered if I was going to get through it. Its still difficult of course, but better than it was. I had Uranus come up and whack me, conjuncting Mercury and Sun and squaring Moon and trining Asc too. Complete shock when my mom died, as she was my main person and best friend. I then had to sell my childhood home. No one left but me now in immediate family, and no mate or kids, so a huge re-orientation is in order as I build a new foundation under my feet. Its been 8 months now, and emotionally better - just waiting for body to catch up. Thanks for the insight. I thought 10 weeks as well, time for mars to enter cap, and moon trine sun looks to be 13 weeks, so I think we're in the ballpark. I will report back with good news I hope! Or a new better phrased horary question :whistling:

thanks
barbh :happy:

Last edited: