6th From Moon - Dislike, Disgust, Aversion, Hatred

dr. farr

Do you think this is accurate from your long years of study? I assume ancient peoples regarded either the MOON or SUN as the most important parts of a person's chart.

Regarding the mainstream Vedic practice of determining all transits ffrom the chandra lagna (sign of the natal Moon) I must state that personally I do not favor this approach, for me it has not yielded indications comparable to counting the house of the transiting planet from the natal ascendant (ie our Western model)

Moog

No need to get defensive, Moog.

I was answering your inquiries :smile:

I am only saying that the 6th house as well as the 6th house from the moon can be favourable for many people. I agree that the 5th can be difficult for some people. My point about it was that it was considered a fortunate house in traditional astrology.

I know.

For that matter, "disgust, aversion, and hatred" are not big motivat0rs for many people, regardless of their 6th house or the 6th house from their moon.

I don't recall saying that it was. But a lot of people do have things in life they particularly dislike. Most people like to remove the sources of things that cause feelings like that from their lives, or remove themselves from them.

The first house does deal with your body, but there is a lot of information on the 6th as the house of health, as well as work and service.

Sure. There's lots of stuff out there that says a lot of things.

But I don't agree that it refers to health in a general way. I think the 6th refers to the introduction of disease, conflict, servitude etc. into life. Which I suppose a lot of people consider to be bad things, whether they have a habit of overcoming or succumbing to them. Which is why it's considered a bad house. People generally prefer to have a life of peace, freedom, and freedom from sickness and debt

Similiarly, the 5th is considered good even though one can have bad experiences with it, because people generally think that kids, romance, creative expression, theatre etc. are nice things.

However, you will always find some people who don't like those things.

Moog, have you got any planets opposite your moon, asc, or sun?

Nope. My chart is in the original post, if you want to look at it.

Last edited:

Rajarshi

The 6th house is a place with several negative connotations.

This piece is essentially a condensation and resynthesis of information from this page and other sources.

Not in agreement with the statement.

9th of any house denotes the reason/source of that house as 5th house from any house denotes it's result.

6th house is the 9th of 10th house and is very important for work-life. 6th also denotes work place. Successful employment will depend heavily on strong 6th house.

Regards

Moog

Not in agreement with the statement.

9th of any house denotes the reason/source of that house as 5th house from any house denotes it's result.

6th house is the 9th of 10th house and is very important for work-life. 6th also denotes work place. Successful employment will depend heavily on strong 6th house.

Regards

That may well be true, but those are not really the fundamental or central meanings of what the 6th house or 6th angle is about. You're introducing meanings that come about through derivations, and 5th and 9th angles at that, which are generally are thought of as 'good' (the trine).