Frustrated with my job - boredom + stress :(

anjelik

I was hoping someone could give me some advice or at least tell me what would be best suited for me. I am very frustrated with my current career - I work in Human Resources (recruiting / talent acquisition) and I find it beyond boring, monotonous and just plain stressful. I feel like a glorified Customer Service Rep and it's exhausting. This job is completely under-appreciated in almost every organization and I'm just over it. It's not mentally stimulating in the slightest. Based on my chart, what should I be doing? I don't want to take a huge risk or a giant pay cut but I am really not happy and think I need to make a change... or am I just being moody today? Here is my chart and thanks for your input!

I know I have Uranus in my 10th house, which I definitely often feel weighing on me. I need variety and when things get monotonous I become un-motivated.. which is bad because then my performance suffers. I also have MC in Scorpio so maybe I should get into something more investigative / research focused? I really enjoy digging and finding information. I just don't know how I would go about making a transition into such a field. Or maybe some sort of counselor? I have been told by many people that I give great advice and am a good listener. It seems like everyone is constantly coming to me with their problems and it doesn't bother me.

picture.php

Last edited:

anjelik

anjelik, I dont think you would find counseling a satisfying career option. How about PR?

Hmmmmmmm you might be right. I might become frustrated by people continuously following the same pattern and then complaining about the situation. Haha :)

PR? Hmmm that might be something I should look into. My boyfriend calls me "The Social Media Queen." What made you suggest that? Is it my Gemini Moon? Orrrrrr Mercury trine Mars?

Last edited:

kimbermoon

For a true analysis there is much to consider...looking at your 10th H indications alone, indeed we can see the restlessness and desire for something more exciting, with Uranus therein. Uranus has much to do with computers and technology on the one hand, yet is also about 'spreading knowledge to the world, in humanitarian terms'. The problematic area is the opposition between Uranus and Moon in the chart; that can be a tough nut to crack; you are likely to be very moody and changeable, due to the over-stimulation of your emotions in a general sense. In essence that can stand in your way of choosing the most appropriate career due to the need for stabilizing your emotions; that can prove to be your Achilles heel in career matters. Uranus also relates to freedom of thought, independence, innovation and progress. With Scorpio dominating your MC, investigation and research are indeed strong potentials for you. This can also relate to studies of human behavior, psychology or criminality. We then find Pluto, as ruler of the MC at the cusp of the 9th indicating connections with education, the law or religion; with Pluto in the sign of Libra this brings in matters connected with relationships or the law once again. This house also relates to travel and I'm thinking of the airline industry or cultural exchanges. Your chart does not indicate a specific career, due to the changeable nature of Uranus and of course you have to consider the things you are actually interested in, and are capable of doing, and what sort of skills you have already acquired, and perhaps more importantly, what are you willing to do. Contact me if you would like further discussion about this.

Anjelik, I would love to see this chart in say Koch, or Regio and the chart style like the first one on astro.com that it is set on, as it's easier to read for some of us.

With Sco on the MC you are at odds with the status quo anyhow, Uranus just compounds this.

With Mars on the 9H cusp cjt Saturn in Libra, the libra influence shows this public relations ability with your diplomacy. Mars in his house, the 8H shows you would be a great investigator or researcher as it's in the house that is interrogating. Incidently the 8th is the house of latent occult ability and the 8th corresponds to scorpio, so with Uranus in the 10th and the lord of the 10H in the actual 8th, on the 9H cusp, it's possible other things being considered you may be a latent astrologer along the lines of Linda Goodman who is a great researcher more than an actual delineation reader. In other words you would write books or consult much like a college student does research papers on subjects.

Would love to know how you post your horoscopes so easily also as I'm ignorant at the moment of how to properly post the maps.

anjelik

For a true analysis there is much to consider...looking at your 10th H indications alone, indeed we can see the restlessness and desire for something more exciting, with Uranus therein. Uranus has much to do with computers and technology on the one hand, yet is also about 'spreading knowledge to the world, in humanitarian terms'. The problematic area is the opposition between Uranus and Moon in the chart; that can be a tough nut to crack; you are likely to be very moody and changeable, due to the over-stimulation of your emotions in a general sense. In essence that can stand in your way of choosing the most appropriate career due to the need for stabilizing your emotions; that can prove to be your Achilles heel in career matters. Uranus also relates to freedom of thought, independence, innovation and progress. With Scorpio dominating your MC, investigation and research are indeed strong potentials for you. This can also relate to studies of human behavior, psychology or criminality. We then find Pluto, as ruler of the MC at the cusp of the 9th indicating connections with education, the law or religion; with Pluto in the sign of Libra this brings in matters connected with relationships or the law once again. This house also relates to travel and I'm thinking of the airline industry or cultural exchanges. Your chart does not indicate a specific career, due to the changeable nature of Uranus and of course you have to consider the things you are actually interested in, and are capable of doing, and what sort of skills you have already acquired, and perhaps more importantly, what are you willing to do. Contact me if you would like further discussion about this.

I am definitely very moody and my environment and surroundings can definitely make or break my mood. I am kind of unpredictable in that capacity. But, the good news is that my moods don't last very long and I am usually over something as quickly as one blinks. But it does affect me very much so.

What am I interested in?

Well, I went to school for English, but that was only because I originally went to school for animation and found the Photoshop work to be too tedious and time consuming. I got bored of that very quickly. I majored in English because I really do not like Math or Science, because it doesn't come easy to me and I definitely struggled with Math and Chemistry in High School (did fine with Biology type classes). I've always excelled in anything having to do with writing and I did have a blog in my early 20s recapping my funny dating stories. I ended up deleting it because of a jealous (now ex) boyfriend who found it online. As a creative outlet I write Yelp reviews and find that kind of fun, though after nearly 900 reviews I am growing bored of it (typical).

I am OBSESSED with watching crime shows. I have seen every Law and Order (SVU and Criminal Intent), Criminal Minds, Bones, etc etc etc show at least twice. I really love that kind of stuff but I do realize it is completely glamorized on TV and I know what civil attorneys make so I had no interest in making $60K a year after spending my life savings on law school.

I do love to travel and I love experiencing new cultures. I worked for a publishing company my first job out of college in Production, which I enjoyed but felt that the career progression was way too slow and I felt that I could be doing more. Ideally I would have loved to get involved in the Frommer's line, but positions in that group rarely ever opened up. I fell into this industry accidentally by meeting a woman in a bar that found me lively and wanted me to help her grow her business. I enjoyed the change and the opportunity to grow something from scratch, but after 4 years I decided to transition to working in-house at a financial services firm and I am not sure that this is really for me. I would not be fulfilled or happy doing this for another 20 years and to be honest if the pay wasn't good I definitely would not be doing this.

I often find myself being told people's deepest darkest secrets and them coming to me for advice. I apparently give very good advice - I am very direct and I never beat around the bush or sugar coat things. Some people do not like this trait in me (and we are not friends anymore because of it), but others thank me for pointing them in the right direction. I must admit that I grow very frustrated with people complaining about the same thing over and over and over and not taking my advice. I always tell people to take emotion out of it and think of the situation as if I was coming to them with the same question / problem and what would their reaction be?

I've thought about being a life coach or career coach. Just someone that can motivate people to see their true potential. I like to help people see how awesome they really are and that they deserve the best in life.

I am confused.

Anjelik, I would love to see this chart in say Koch, or Regio and the chart style like the first one on astro.com that it is set on, as it's easier to read for some of us.

With Sco on the MC you are at odds with the status quo anyhow, Uranus just compounds this.

With Mars on the 9H cusp cjt Saturn in Libra, the libra influence shows this public relations ability with your diplomacy. Mars in his house, the 8H shows you would be a great investigator or researcher as it's in the house that is interrogating. Incidently the 8th is the house of latent occult ability and the 8th corresponds to scorpio, so with Uranus in the 10th and the lord of the 10H in the actual 8th, on the 9H cusp, it's possible other things being considered you may be a latent astrologer along the lines of Linda Goodman who is a great researcher more than an actual delineation reader. In other words you would write books or consult much like a college student does research papers on subjects.

Would love to know how you post your horoscopes so easily also as I'm ignorant at the moment of how to properly post the maps.

Re: pasting the chart, I have it in my profile and it gives you an HTML link to paste. Kind of handy!

As far as researching or any type of writing, that is something I definitely enjoy. I clearly enjoy astrology and find it fascinating, but I think I lack the focus and aptitude to really put it all together. Not that I am not bright, I am just very visual and when there is an information overload my mind gets confused. That is why I do not enjoy math - it's just too much stuff going on for me. I am much better with words than numbers.

Here is a copy of my chart in Koch, hope this is better!

Attachments

• JJ_KochSystem.jpg
    JJ_KochSystem.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 32

Mandy

Hmmmmmmm you might be right. I might become frustrated by people continuously following the same pattern and then complaining about the situation. Haha :)
I think it is fair to say that one of the primary reasons people go into counseling, as individuals, is related to some kind of abuse from the past or bereavement. Counseling is a long drawn out process and the deeper you get into it with a client, the more pain you reveal. Your professional role would entail finding a way to heal wounds at every level as you go along. Whilst at face value, listening to people sounds engaging, and there is variety insofar as each individual has a unique perspective, the enterprise is monotonously straight forward in that it is not about advising but facilitating change through very deep understanding, great patience, continuously.

I think there is a strong chance that it would make your HR life look very glitzy again. Not to mention that you would need to go and study counseling for a number of years, including doing a lot of unpaid work shadowing in order to gain experience with different approaches and different patient groups.

PR? Hmmm that might be something I should look into. My boyfriend calls me "The Social Media Queen." What made you suggest that? Is it my Gemini Moon? Orrrrrr Mercury trine Mars?

By comparison, PR is great because you can use your experience in HR to get your foot easily in the door, and learn on the job. Your whole chart supports it, from your emotional needs to your communicational ability to your underlying Uranian propensity, which you can channel profitably for the innovative quality it bestows. This, coupled with a stir-crazy motivation, will help you to stand out and PR love that. It is a good marriage.

The 9th house focus, incluing Jupiter on your MC, could point toward long distance travel, something you enjoy. Further, landing a job in HR in London is a very long shot because London is full of HR. Not so with PR. And, frankly, your American accent (in London), your personal presentation skills, your ambition, your connection to transatlantic regions, etc., make you an attractive candidate and, possibly, a natural. PR is an industry that is recruited by businesses. Businesses, including PR, owned by millionaires (sponsorship).

Angelik,

Heindel wrote over 100 years ago and his generation of astrologers were either too hard or too soft; so like everything you read take it with a grain of salt but don't develop hypertention from too much salt in your diet!:lol:

Natal Uranus in 10th House

(Max Heindel)
Uranus in the Tenth Houseindicates an original, eccentric character, with a contempt for conventions, who follows his own ideas regardless of what other people say or think, hence such people are often looked upon as black sheep and estranged from their kindred, but this they do not seem to regard as a misfortune; they are ready to offer up all, even life itself, for absolute freedom. These characteristics also bring them into public discredit and disfavor. The life is full of sudden changes for better or worse according to the other planetary aspects prevailing. If Uranus is much afflicted these people never make a success in life, but meet with continual sorrow, trouble, disappointment and reverses. When Uranus is well-aspected genius will come to the fore and is likely to find recognition in some measure at least, probably by pioneer work of some kind.

And Mars in the 8th:

(Robert Pelletier)

You are demanding in your relationships, and you feel bitter if rejected. You may bide your time when your wishes are not granted immediately, as long as you know that eventually you will get what you want. You want to become self-sufficient, because you dislike being obligated to anyone, which limits your plans and ambitions. You aren't afraid to work hard to get what you want out of life, and you know that any investment of time and energy will be rewarded when you start getting results from your efforts. You are important to those for whom you provide necessary services, and you consider this part of your social obligation. When your efforts are appreciated, you are stimulated to take more responsibility and to make even greater achievements.

Pelletier continued, mars in the 8th, lord of your 10th:

Probably you will choose a career that gives you an opportunity to grow and develop, because you are reasonably sure of yourself and of what you can accomplish with your talents. You believe you can demonstrate greater competence in your chosen field, so you don't hesitate to promote your skills whenever possible. People are convinced that you can serve them better than your competitors, so they turn to you and demand your services.

If maintaining a high income is your main motivation, your success may be limited and you may suffer some setbacks. It would be better to develop your skills to the highest level of competence and know that you give the best value for what you earn. This will gain you the patronage you need and assure you of consistently high earnings. Working with the public will allow you to serve a large number of people and be recognized for your efforts. The main stumblic block to success in your career will come from your inability to resist indulging in personal pleasures. You must determine your priorities and accept the need to make some sacrifices as an investment in your career and the status you hope to achieve in realizing your ambitions. Family obligaions may temporarily frustrate your desires, or romantic entanglements may distract you from your main objectives. You will have to develop self-control and learn to manage your personal affairs more prudently.
Meditate upon that in relationship to your 10th or career!

Pelletier part III

Your wealth of ideas means little unless you act on them or cultivate them so they can be of some value to you. The best way to get people to notice your competence is to work at promoting your ideas and skills. Such an investment of time and energy is essential if you are to derive the most from your potentials. You owe it to yourself and to the public to make your skills available. Dedicating at least some of your talents to serve important needs of the public will enrich your later years with contentment in the knowledge that you were willing to get involved.

Your partner probably admires your driving ambition to succeed and to do whatever is required to sustain the relationship for the benefit of you both. What you accomplish is important, but even more significant is how you do it and the moral responsibility you take for your actions. If you are motivated by a desire to help people in need, then there is no problem. but if you take liberties with what is considered ethical behavior, then you will have to expect major losses in earnings and prestige. This is a decision you have to make; and the outcome is yours to determine.

From what I read Linda Goodman in the beginning was Not a true astrologer in that she was a great researcher and not a great delienationist; but people can change and grow out of many of the swamps they have began their untaking in!:surprised:

anjelik

I think it is fair to say that one of the primary reasons people go into counseling, as individuals, is related to some kind of abuse from the past or bereavement. Counseling is a long drawn out process and the deeper you get into it with a client, the more pain you reveal. Your professional role would entail finding a way to heal wounds at every level as you go along. Whilst at face value, listening to people sounds engaging, and there is variety insofar as each individual has a unique perspective, the enterprise is monotonously straight forward in that it is not about advising but facilitating change through very deep understanding, great patience, continuously.

I think there is a strong chance that it would make your HR life look very glitzy again. Not to mention that you would need to go and study counseling for a number of years, including doing a lot of unpaid work shadowing in order to gain experience with different approaches and different patient groups.

By comparison, PR is great because you can use your experience in HR to get your foot easily in the door, and learn on the job. Your whole chart supports it, from your emotional needs to your communicational ability to your underlying Uranian propensity, which you can channel profitably for the innovative quality it bestows. This, coupled with a stir-crazy motivation, will help you to stand out and PR love that. It is a good marriage.

The 9th house focus, incluing Jupiter on your MC, could point toward long distance travel, something you enjoy. Further, landing a job in HR in London is a very long shot because London is full of HR. Not so with PR. And, frankly, your American accent (in London), your personal presentation skills, your ambition, your connection to transatlantic regions, etc., make you an attractive candidate and, possibly, a natural. PR is an industry that is recruited by businesses. Businesses, including PR, owned by millionaires (sponsorship).

I don't disagree with you at all. However, I do work in recruiting and I do know that the only way I would ever be able to make the transition is by knowing someone that wanted to give me a shot. The unfortunate part about life is that the path we choose early on in terms of career usually ends up being something we are stuck with, unless you are willing to take a financial risk.. which I cannot afford to do since I live on my own and support myself. If my rent was cheaper and I could break my lease I would consider it. Unfortunately in NYC when you break a lease you have to pay the remainder of the term in a lump sum (at least that is what all of my leases have stated).

PR is something I was interested in when working in Publishing as well. The PR team sat right by me, but the team was small and opportunities never really came up. I was very bored in my role being the Assistant to the whole Production team. They let me work on my own books towards the end, but it still wasn't enough and I was bored. That is how I ended up in recruiting. The woman told me that sitting in a cubicle copyediting manuscripts all day seemed like a wrong fit for me (she was correct) and asked me if I wanted to make $100K. I was sold. I did that business for 4 years - they fired her after 3 months of me being there and let a 25 yr old build out a whole new recruiting function. So, I know that I can be innovative and I know that I thrive best when I am given freedom of expression. Uranus in my 10th house does rub certain people the wrong way - especially more structured / anal people. Thank you for your input, I do think you are on to something and I should probably make a change some time soon because I do not feel happy and I feel like the life is literally being sucked out of me with all of the bureaucracy and nonsense that does not bode well with my personality.

anjelik

Angelik,

Heindel wrote over 100 years ago and his generation of astrologers were either too hard or too soft; so like everything you read take it with a grain of salt but don't develop hypertention from too much salt in your diet!:lol:

And Mars in the 8th:

Hi Clinton. All of what you have pasted is pretty accurate for me. I am a little out there and eccentric in terms of what I believe and how I approach things. I definitely do not get along with people that always follow the rules and check every box. I like to march to the beat of my own drum, which had paid off in life for me as much as it has worked against me. In school I was either the teacher's favorite or worst nightmare. I guess I am acquired taste. I can be very charming, so I have noticed that I do much better in male dominated industries or teams rather than female. I end up rubbing many females (especially alpha females) the wrong way and they end up plotting against me to take me down, thus making my work environment miserable where I am constantly on the defense trying to cover my own ***. Some people like that kind of competitive / catty environment, but I do not. It makes me want to retreat - I am more of a lover than a fighter by nature, but if you **** me off I will go out with a bang. I am dealing with this now and she is succeeding with my new manager. That is kind of what prompted this whole thread. It made me realize that I do not want to live my entire life trying to defend myself against people like her (it's happened in every single position I've held except the one where I was able to build and grow my own business). I am not sure how the female thing ties into my chart, but it is definitely a common theme I've noticed. I wonder what it is about my personality that makes certain women hate me (is it noticeable in my chart?).

1st job out of college = Publishing. I had two women that I was subordinate to that definitely did not like me. One even told my manager that I yelled at the interns, which was not even true. At that point I was 23 and the interns were a few years younger than me. If anything we were friends.

Job at the recruiting firm. Was cool, it was a very entrepreneurial environment and when I joined there were only 10 people in the company and I was one of two females (which then they fired the woman I reported to and I was the only one for a while until I hired a friend of mine to work with me). I really loved the company until my boss decided to change the direction of the company and structure it in a more corporate fashion. I managed a team of four guys all in their mid to early 20s and things went pretty well until one of the guys I was managing wanted my position. He would constantly undermine me and overall felt he was superior to me (He was a Leo Sun, but I forget the rest of his chart) because he went to an Ivy League school and we were just complete opposites in terms of how we worked. He was very regimented and meticulous and I was always all over the place. I think it really annoyed him that I worked half as hard as him and still was more successful. I ended up leaving just because I felt like I out-grew the environment (picture nerf balls flying at your face, guys doing drugs at work and drinking in the bathroom and music blasting). It was fun in the mid-20s but I felt I was ready for something more mature approaching 30. I actually had a solid team there. Pisces, two Leos, a Cancer and an Aries. We all worked quite well together..except Leos don't like when Pisces are in charge? :)

Next job was an in-house recruiting position. It was definitely a culture shock and the team was not very unified. A lot of Virgos on my team, actually! My arch nemesis was this Taurus girl that always tried to look better than me in meetings. She was evil and apparently recently fired. I was a consultant there so when the work load got low I was laid off. I wasn't too surprised, I was miserable anyway.

Annnnnnnd now this job. I was unemployed for 4 months because I didn't want to settle on just anything. I stumbled upon this position because my friend worked for the company hiring all of the contingent workers. I gave her my resume, I interviewd the next day and the manager offered me the job right on the spot. I really loved my manager and her energy, etc. and was excited to work for her. I also really liked her boss - he was innovative and quirky and just a big ball of energy. This was basically the anti-corporate corporate recruiting environment and I thought I hit the jackpot. I ended up being converted to a permanent employee because my boss loved me that much and I had an offer from another company (which was $20K more, but I decided to stay here because I loved the team). Well, Hurricane Sandy happened so our offices were shut down for a while, which caused some chaos, not to mentioned they stupidly decided to roll out a new process in the midst of this because it was schedule (AND without testing.. IDIOTS). My manager's boss ended up passing away due to a heart attack (which was shocking and very sad) and I must say that as soon as he was gone the entire energy and dynamic of the team changed. My manager was actually pushed out of her position and no longer with us, so I have two new managers, who I do not know if I like very much because like every corporate environment they "manage up" and don't really care about the people beneath them. It's always every man for themselves and I just don't like that kind of environment. You never really feel safe or relaxed. I have a woman that I deal with (my HR Business Partner) who has been trying to make my life miserable for the last 9 months and now my new boss is finally taking her side. My former manager always had my back and knows she is manipulative and evil.

Annnnnnnnnnd that brings me to here! :) Sorry for babble!

Last edited:

Mandy

Angelik,

You know that it certainly is possible to get things accomplished, even career change, if there is passion and drive behind it. Although I agree that many people do not change a path they are already on, I know that the ones who succeed in doing so do it because they are pursuing a life calling. They have a unique product and will beat down doors to make it work. Why do I say this? Because having read all of what you write, and I sympathise, it does not sound as though you are pursuing a dream. It sounds more like you just want this nightmare to end. But the future seems uncertain to you. You know you are an "acquired" taste, 50% of time people like you, 50% people do not. You should not be satisfied with this, as it does not explain anything about what exactly is standing in the way of your progress. People do not get annoyed with others for no reason. You say women trying to eliminate you is a recurring theme. Do you want to be someone that people want to eliminate? Whilst you are still on the ladder and not quite at the top, putting yourself in a position where you can be knocked off is not a good idea. What are you doing to give off that vibe?

You say: " I can be very charming, so I have noticed that I do much better in male dominated industries or teams rather than female. I end up rubbing many females (especially alpha females) the wrong way and they end up plotting against me to take me down..." If you are very charming, why is this oriented only toward men, and not to those whose support you need? There is a saying "you can catch more bees with honey than with vinager." If the issue is alpha females, I take it these women demand an overt power. You should not be phased by this. They have an emotional need to be noticed, meaning that is their weak spot and if you endanger it, they will get "survival mode" on you. But the most potent power happens covertly, amongst other things because nobody thinks to be against you. Talent opens doors, character keeps them open. It pays to be nice. Even if not explicitly stated, it is always part of your job role.

Work is a big part of our lives and it can become unhealthy if it becomes a source of stress. It is stressing you and it is probably stressing those who are opposed to you. However, getting out of this situation is not going to make it end. More than likely, the universe will present you with the same situation until you are able to learn it.

If you are open to sharing your past experiences, could you share the following:

1. What is it about the behaviour of other females that make you think they "hate" you?

Hate is a strong word and it is a generalisation of them, that dissolves your responsibility in the situation. Do they find you abrasive? Do they find you unfriendly? Do they find you stroppy? Uncooporative? If you do not know, I would sit one of them aside or take her to lunch and ask plainly "What is your problem with me?" You need to know this information and consider yourself lucky if someone takes the time to break it down for you. Even if you do not stay at this company, you will need it for your next one.

2. What is the reason for the current dispute? Are you aware of what you are supposed to have done (wrong)?

*DISCLAIMER*

My post is not by any means an attack and there is no ill intention behind it. I think that it is a shame that you are experiencing this consistently, because you have power to do something about it. The first step is to find out why. However, please do not feel pressured to discuss if you do not care to.

Last edited:

anjelik

Angelik,

You know that it certainly is possible to get things accomplished, even career change, if there is passion and drive behind it. Although I agree that many people do not change a path they are already on, I know that the ones who succeed in doing so do it because they are pursuing a life calling. They have a unique product and will beat down doors to make it work. Why do I say this? Because having read all of what you write, and I sympathise, it does not sound as though you are pursuing a dream. It sounds more like you just want this nightmare to end. But the future seems uncertain to you. You know you are an "acquired" taste, 50% of time people like you, 50% people do not. You should not be satisfied with this, as it does not explain anything about what exactly is standing in the way of your progress. People do not get annoyed with others for no reason. You say women trying to eliminate you is a recurring theme. Do you want to be someone that people want to eliminate? Whilst you are still on the ladder and not quite at the top, putting yourself in a position where you can be knocked off is not a good idea. What are you doing to give off that vibe?

You say: " I can be very charming, so I have noticed that I do much better in male dominated industries or teams rather than female. I end up rubbing many females (especially alpha females) the wrong way and they end up plotting against me to take me down..." If you are very charming, why is this oriented only toward men, and not to those whose support you need? There is a saying "you can catch more bees with honey than with vinager." If the issue is alpha females, I take it these women demand an overt power. You should not be phased by this. They have an emotional need to be noticed, meaning that is their weak spot and if you endanger it, they will get "survival mode" on you. But the most potent power happens covertly, amongst other things because nobody thinks to be against you. Talent opens doors, character keeps them open. It pays to be nice. Even if not explicitly stated, it is always part of your job role.

Work is a big part of our lives and it can become unhealthy if it becomes a source of stress. It is stressing you and it is probably stressing those who are opposed to you. However, getting out of this situation is not going to make it end. More than likely, the universe will present you with the same situation until you are able to learn it.

If you are open to sharing your past experiences, could you share the following:

1. What is it about the behaviour of other females that make you think they "hate" you?

Hate is a strong word and it is a generalisation of them, that dissolves your responsibility in the situation. Do they find you abrasive? Do they find you unfriendly? Do they find you stroppy? Uncooporative? If you do not know, I would sit one of them aside or take her to lunch and ask plainly "What is your problem with me?" You need to know this information and consider yourself lucky if someone takes the time to break it down for you. Even if you do not stay at this company, you will need it for your next one.

2. What is the reason for the current dispute? Are you aware of what you are supposed to have done (wrong)?

*DISCLAIMER*

My post is not by any means an attack and there is no ill intention behind it. I think that it is a shame that you are experiencing this consistently, because you have power to do something about it. The first step is to find out why. However, please do not feel pressured to discuss if you do not care to.

No offense taken. I am not an easily offended person. I am a very friendly person and it appears that the women that embrace me are women that do not feel threatened by me in some capacity. There have been various theories behind this thrown around by my peers and even my superiors. Without sounding arrogant, I am an attractive female. I am typically less favored by women that are less attractive in the work place (usually older, heavier and frumpy women). My manager even pointed this out to me a few months ago and have heard this several times from my peers. Aren't women usually most threatened by a woman that is more attractive than them? They say women dress for other women and not men, which I think is partially true. Also, I have a strong personality and despite looking pretty I am no pushover and will stand my ground. Coupling those two things together usually equates to pissing some women off. Not to mention that males generally enjoy my company because I am funny and have a very laid back attitude so I can definitely be "one of the boys." I am not a flirtatious woman by nature so I have been able to work with all men and be seen as a peer. I like who I am and being "one of the boys." It's fun and I don't really care to talk about The Bachelor or cupcake recipes on Pinterest - that kind of stuff doesn't hold interest to me. You are more likely to hear me bantering back and forth and talking about what was on Tosh.0 or The League. So perhaps those sort of personality differences make me conflict with the stereotypical interests of majority of the female population. Also, not sure if race has anything to do with it, but most of the women that have had issues with me were Hispanic (Puerto Rican or Dominican) or Black. I know it's not me because two of my good friends at work are Hispanic as well (Venezuelan and Puerto Rican).. but also subordinate to me in the Org chart. The women that have issues with me have been superior to me or at the peer level. 99% of my female friends are opinionated and funny. Think Chelsea Handler or Sarah Silverman kind of girls. If I had to choose who I wanted to be I would be Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aniston. If that gives you perspective.

I agree, it does suck feeling like I am being pushed off the ladder all the time. Although I am pretty high given my years of experience and the average person on my team in the same pay grade has 15+ years experience and I only have 7. This may also annoy some people. And like I said, I am not a fighter by nature and my biggest issue is that I try to keep the peace and I end up letting people make me look bad by being silent and trying not to make a big deal out of things. Perhaps I should learn to make some more noise when someone is being a ridiculous evil b_tch?

You are right - I don't have a clear goal or vision at the moment so I find everything very confusing. I just know that I am not happy doing what I am doing and am unsure what will actually make me feel happy inside in terms of work. I have a friend that is a zookeeper and she LOVES her job. I think it is great that she does and wish I could find something that I love too. Part of my problem is that I want money + status + emotional fulfillment from job.. which is very rare. Currently I am earning a very nice income but not happy inside.

Last edited:

Mandy

Thank you for sharing, anjelik. You note that the probable reason for the tension of which you speak is, in theory, that other women feel threatened because of your good looks and because you are not a pushover. Starting with the latter, you say:

Also, I have a strong personality and despite looking pretty I am no pushover and will stand my ground.

You then say:

I am not a fighter by nature and my biggest issue is that I try to keep the peace and I end up letting people make me look bad by being silent and trying not to make a big deal out of things. Perhaps I should learn to make some more noise when someone is being a ridiculous evil b_tch?

Are you someone who stands their ground or someone who is silent? Someone who is a pushover or someone who is not one? There is contradiction in your writing and I am wondering whether you are unclear about which you are. If we go with the first thing you said:

Also, I have a strong personality and despite looking pretty I am no pushover and will stand my ground.
and you still feel like
... make[ing] some more noise when someone is being a ridiculous evil b_tch?
I will let you judge whether making noise is a mature solution to professional dispute. Note also that here you speak about outcome of dispute and not about causality. When there is a dispute, aggression is inevitable. But is there something that you can do to not be involved in a dispute in the first place? Which is why I asked: Are you aware of what it is you are doing?

You have said that, in theory, it is because of your good looks and professional standing. I am aware that friends will always say "she jelaous of you." But the fact of the matter is that the people who say that say it because they have no knowledge of the real reason and neither do you. If there is a real problem, as there is, why are you more content to believe in something that is pulled out of thin air than something substantial that could come from the horses mouth?

319132_10150340134580895_316145083_n.jpg

A second fact is that there are attractive women who are successful and respected by their peers. I have seen it time and again. The girl on the left is my old boss (I am not in the picture). She is a good looking girl. I am younger than her by a year, but the majority of our team were much older and, in many ways, more experienced than her. Yet, we all got along and helped each other. Nobody older, frumpier, or more experienced gave her a hard time. And there are several other examples. I am not disputing that sometimes it is the case that people feel threatened, period, but to suggest that is the reason every time since your first job is a unrealistic. Putting existing problems down to unfounded speculation instead of seeking the truth is not going to help you. You need the truth and these women, with who you work, have it.

I am typically less favored by women that are less attractive in the work place (usually older, heavier and frumpy women).
How do you know that the reason they favour you less is not related to something other than your appearance? They may dislike your laugh. Or, that you show up late. What is the profit of speculation?

Aren't women usually most threatened by a woman that is more attractive than them? They say women dress for other women and not men, which I think is partially true.
I can honestly say that I have to date not felt any threat from a woman who I perceive to be attractive. What is there to feel threatened about? Realistically? We are all aware that there are more attractive people than us in society.

Not to mention that males generally enjoy my company because I am funny and have a very laid back attitude
Women enjoy this too!

I don't really care to talk about The Bachelor or cupcake recipes on Pinterest - that kind of stuff doesn't hold interest to me...those sort of personality differences make me conflict with the stereotypical interests of majority of the female population.
Anjelik, you are aware that the majority of the female population do not use or discuss Pinterest? And actually most women are able to get on board with most things another person, irrespective of gender, speaks about? Why do you stereotype women in this way, that is so old fashioned and reduces conceptually their intellectual ability to matters of the kitchen?

To sum up, the hypothesis that women do not like you because of your looks is a completed unfounded speculation. Anjelik, I say this in all kindness, if you are a woman of intellect and a woman with guts, you will want the actual truth. How much longer are you going to keep yourself in the dark? Of course it is up to you.

Last edited:

anjelik

Thank you for sharing, anjelik. You note that the probable reason for the tension of which you speak is, in theory, that other women feel threatened because of your good looks and because you are not a pushover. Starting with the latter, you say:

You then say:

Are you someone who stands their ground or someone who is silent? Someone who is a pushover or someone who is not one? There is contradiction in your writing and I am wondering whether you are unclear about which you are. If we go with the first thing you said:

and you still feel like
I will let you judge whether making noise is a mature solution to professional dispute. Note also that here you speak about outcome of dispute and not about causality. When there is a dispute, aggression is inevitable. But is there something that you can do to not be involved in a dispute in the first place? Which is why I asked: Are you aware of what it is you are doing?

You have said that, in theory, it is because of your good looks and professional standing. I am aware that friends will always say "she jelaous of you." But the fact of the matter is that the people who say that say it because they have no knowledge of the real reason and neither do you. If there is a real problem, as there is, why are you more content to believe in something that is pulled out of thin air than something substantial that could come from the horses mouth?

319132_10150340134580895_316145083_n.jpg

A second fact is that there are attractive women who are successful and respected by their peers. I have seen it time and again. The girl on the left is my old boss (I am not in the picture). She is a good looking girl. I am younger than her by a year, but the majority of our team were much older and, in many ways, more experienced than her. Yet, we all got along and helped each other. Nobody older, frumpier, or more experienced gave her a hard time. And there are several other examples. I am not disputing that sometimes it is the case that people feel threatened, period, but to suggest that is the reason every time since your first job is a unrealistic. Putting existing problems down to unfounded speculation instead of seeking the truth is not going to help you. You need the truth and these women, with who you work, have it.

How do you know that the reason they favour you less is not related to something other than your appearance? They may dislike your laugh. Or, that you show up late. What is the profit of speculation?

I can honestly say that I have to date not felt any threat from a woman who I perceive to be attractive. What is there to feel threatened about? Realistically? We are all aware that there are more attractive people than us in society.

Women enjoy this too!

Anjelik, you are aware that the majority of the female population do not use or discuss Pinterest? And actually most women are able to get on board with most things another person, irrespective of gender, speaks about? Why do you stereotype women in this way, that is so old fashioned and reduces conceptually their intellectual ability to matters of the kitchen?

To sum up, the hypothesis that women do not like you because of your looks is a completed unfounded speculation. Anjelik, I say this in all kindness, if you are a woman of intellect and a woman with guts, you will want the actual truth. How much longer are you going to keep yourself in the dark? Of course it is up to you.

I never once said a woman could not be attractive and successful. In fact, I have had female bosses that were both. I also am not saying that all females are jealous of me, however, there is a common theme between the woman that give me a hard time at work and the women that do not. I work in HR, which is a female dominated field and there are a lot of attractive women that I interact with on a daily basis. Some are superior to me and some are subordinate. I am unsure where you came to conclusion that I was insisting that all females are jealous of me and that only unattractive females are successful.

Additionally, I stated that those types of female interests are "stereotypical." Did I say "I am the only female that doesn't like Pinterest and The Bachelor!"? No, no I did not. I said that on a whole, I am not interested in the stereotypical things that females are, thus lack a connection with a large mass of the population. I never once said everyone is the same and if you read what I said, I said that my friends are opinionated and "funny women." I am not going to get into a nitty gritty debate with you regarding what is stereotypical and what is not. Regardless of what you believe or enjoy, things are marketed to certain groups for a reason. I think you would be a thousand times more likely to find a woman watching a show about weddings than a man and there is probably some sort of data to back that up.

As far as not being a push over, I do see your point and I was not very clear in what I wanted to convey. I suppose what I mean is that I pick and choose my battles. I don't see the need to "cc" everyone under the sun in order to throw someone under the bus and I like to resolve issues in a rational way. I find that many people have knee jerk reactions and like to make a lot of noise over petty and stupid things. For instance, this woman just copied 5 people on an issue attempting to show where I made an error, but the reality of the situation is that it is a system error that is outside of my control and something that is completed by someone else. What is the end result here? People think that it is my fault and I have to go and defend myself and things just end up looking like a petty email exchange. So what do I do? I cut out the people who do not need to be included on the email because it really is not something they should even be seeing. So, what I mean is that I will stand up for myself and I will correct someone when they are wrong and will not hesitate to do so. However, I see no need to make a giant ruckus out of everything and perhaps I should just act like everyone else to cover my own behind.

Last edited:
Anjelik:

Hi Clinton. All of what you have pasted is pretty accurate for me. I am a little out there and eccentric in terms of what I believe and how I approach things. I definitely do not get along with people that always follow the rules and check every box. I like to march to the beat of my own drum, which had paid off in life for me as much as it has worked against me.

Well the jury amongst astrologers is still out on which house sysem works best:

http://www.karmicrhythms.com/pe18.htm

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/houprob_print.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30034

I put forth Mars in the 8th based upon your placidus chart; I hadn't looked as the Koch chart till after I posted.

So I was apprehensive about leaving the data as Mars by the Koch system has more influence in the 9th being mars is at 16 degrees and the 9th cusp according to Koch is at 12 degrees.

It's like a train coming down the track and you can hear and see it from your car in the next county you are in. The influence is strongest when the train is right there in front of your car accross the RR barricade but you have the influence before and after it gets to you.

So somewhere between 10-25% of Mars influence is felt in the 8th, as William F. Lilly had a rule of 5 degrees orb for planets to any cusp.

I was hoping you'd say the Mars 8th data was completely off as that would give more credibility ot Koch system...but you said it was you.

You still haven't explained how you so successfully post horoscope; I and others fail many times via this site!

Anjelik, you have the Lesser Malefic, Mars Rx, cjt the Greater Malefic Saturn Rx; not a great attribute but that's the deal you made with God before you landed this time around:

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif](Betty Lundsted)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The 'I act' principle is affected by the influence of the individual's father. Mars indicates the ability to act out the energy of the Sun. The conjunction indicates that the actions may be limited or restricted because of something the father does while the individual's personality is forming (age 0-3). This influence inhibits the person's ability to react constructively and to feel confident about the action he takes. The conjunction usually has some effect on the sex drive.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]Saturn says 'I take seriously', and conjunct Mars means 'I take my actions seriously'. This can serve to inhibit or restrict any action taken; it can indicate harsh action, for Saturn symbolizes the concept of law in each individual, causing this person to act out (Mars) the law (Saturn). This energy is sometimes used for law enforcement and can indicate a person who will enjoy a career that involves enforcing the law. This energy can create a sure-footed, slow-moving individual who moves cautiously in life; or an extremely hard individual who becomes an enforcer of the law regardless of the circumstances. It is wise to consider the other aspects to this conjunction for it will give a broader picture of how the personality will operate.[/FONT]

Now Mars in the 8th, was that all you or most of it, truly?

Last edited:
Mars cjt Saturn continued:

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]In a personal sense, the conjunction can indicate a serious outlook regarding sexual expression. it can limit sexuality, cause one to avoid sexuality, indicate symptoms of frigidity in both the male and female, make one afraid of sexual expression, or cause one to attempt to force sexual standards on others. The Mars-Saturn conjunction indicates that the father inhibited the individual's sexual concepts or perhaps his early sexual expression in some manner. What he did is an unknown factor, but he did something. Other aspects to the conjunction may tell more about what happened.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]It seems that this type of individual is rarely chemically attracted to another. The sexual difficulties cause guilt, and then the conscious mind decides to have a sexual relationship because the prospective lover will be 'good for me'. Or, because the individual is so rarely physically attracted to another, when the chemistry does happen he jumps into bed without going through the normal courtship period. Then the guilt begins because he feels he responded too quickly. This individual can respond sexually to the right person but he finds few people appealing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif]The father may have had his own guilt about his sex drive; the father may have had a harsh attitude as the small child explored his body as all small children do. The rest of the chart will help tell the story. The pressure of the aspect can be relieved when this person investigates the relationship between sexual expression and universal law. Sex is not unhealthy; only people are.[/FONT]

That should hit your career and reputation hard!:sad:

By the way when it come to horary I try to stay Traditional but I'm for whatever works best and I find that natal, transits, progressions, etc., work well with some Moderne insights!

Last edited:

anjelik

Anjelik:

Well the jury amongst astrologers is still out on which house sysem works best:

http://www.karmicrhythms.com/pe18.htm

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/houprob_print.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30034

I put forth Mars in the 8th based upon your placidus chart; I hadn't looked as the Koch chart till after I posted.

So I was apprehensive about leaving the data as Mars by the Koch system has more influence in the 9th being mars is at 16 degrees and the 9th cusp according to Koch is at 12 degrees.

It's like a train coming down the track and you can hear and see it from your car in the next county you are in. The influence is strongest when the train is right there in front of your car accross the RR barricade but you have the influence before and after it gets to you.

So somewhere between 10-25% of Mars influence is felt in the 8th, as William F. Lilly had a rule of 5 degrees orb for planets to any cusp.

I was hoping you'd say the Mars 8th data was completely off as that would give more credibility ot Koch system...but you said it was you.

You still haven't explained how you so successfully post horoscope; I and others fail many times via this site!

Anjelik, you have the Lesser Malefic, Mars Rx, cjt the Greater Malefic Saturn Rx; not a great attribute but that's the deal you made with God before you landed this time around:

Now Mars in the 8th, was that all you or most of it, truly?

I can identify with much of what it said about Mars in the 8th house, but not all of it. I don't think I become bitter if rejected. If anything, I am afraid of rejection, which causes me to be unsure of myself. I don't like being obligated to anyone, but I wouldn't say that I can identify with any sort of Scorpion kind of traits in terms of getting what I want. From what I've read about Mars in the 9th I can also relate to some (didn't look up Koch system though). I like to travel. I express my ideas easily and am pretty open minded - I often find myself as "Switzerland" in terms of taking a side in something unless I think someone or something is completely wrong.. then there is no swaying my vote.

Do you mean how I posted the image into my text box? I uploaded an image of my chart into an album on my profile and when you click on the image it gives you a copy of a link to the image or HTML to post the image on the message board. Try it out!

Mars cjt Saturn continued:

That should hit your career and reputation hard!:sad:

By the way when it come to horary I try to stay Traditional but I'm for whatever works best and I find that natal, transits, progressions, etc., work well with some Moderne insights!

I do not relate to any of the Mars conjunct Saturn outside of feeling restricted. I have a very strong sexual appetite and am not very inhibited whatsoever. I also do not have any real "daddy issues." My father is a good man and has never really let me down - he just isn't very emotional (Aqua Sun and Aqua Moon) so we don't have a very deep emotional connection but I love him very much and I know he loves me.

kimbermoon

it appears to me that what is happening now is in keeping with the current transit of Saturn to your Jupiter in the 9th H...as such this is a good time for in-depth self-analysis. The recent passing of your Saturn return was all about redefinition of the Identity and re-structuring the life: now as it contacts natal Jupiter the urge to expand and progress further is being withheld by the limiting nature of Saturn. Perhaps this is really the face of your overall frustration. Having Saturn conjunct Mars natally can often feel like having one foot on the gas, and one on the brakes at the same time...as such desires and motivations are frequently thwarted.
We can observe the disruptive power of Uranus affecting your career, yet perhaps there is more going on through this period of your life, having to do with Identity issues taking place on the level of the mind. Note that Neptune is currently applying to your Sun, while also in square aspect to natal Moon...indeed this can translate as a phase of personal Identification and the search for validation...do you feel that others might be causing confusion with regards to your sense of Identity, or is it about the way you project your personality? Note that natal Uranus is involved in a significant t-square involving your Sun and Moon, thus Neptune is also afflicting your Moon. Natal Venus square Pluto is strongly indicative of problems in relationships, especially with women. Your statement “I end up rubbing many females (especially alpha females) the wrong way and they end up plotting against me to take me down”...very much a Scorpio trait. You are in the beginning stage of a new Saturn cycle, and very often frustration and impatience accompany this evolutionary phase. Consider the statement: 'in order to change your world, you first have to change yourself' and since Uranus is all about change, thus what counts now is what can you change from within, in order to gain more satisfaction? I doubt that changing your occupation alone, will be enough to resolve the inner complexities arising from within the psyche, which in turn create problems or conflicts in the external world of circumstance. There is in fact more going on than what your conscious mind can perceive at this time. Having addressed your personal experience and capabilities, are you getting any closer to determining what other careers might suit you best?