Teaching and aspects that show it

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi-
Thought I'd share the info about the Mystery chart first. I think it's much more difficult to look at a chart and say *your best suited career path is....* yet it's a question I frequently am asked.
So working with charts where the profession is known, and seeing similarities etc can help us with those types of questions,
So- to the mystery chart:
Tim, you made this general observation and it's a real clue here in the Mystery chart.

I've always associated "teaching" energy with :sagittarius:, :jupiter:, and the 9th house. And I notice in all the charts there is a strong :jupiter: and in some cases the 9th house or :sagittarius:. :virgo: and :mercury: I associate more with routines and analysis/talking.

Mystery man (MM) has Virgo rising,Gemini ruling his tenth, Jupiter in Gemini in h9 approaching MC. Mercury is in his 11that 29 cancer, conjunct Mars (just into Leo)and the moon rules his 11th (groups/organisations). H11 contains the ruler of asc, h10,H9,h12, and h2....so h11 is holding a lot of the clues here.

Nexus, you said
Is itsomething that involves with working with girls or women?

Yes. It is. The college in which he teaches is promoting special projects for women as part of Equality in the workplace policies..Many of his students (but not all) are young women. Some older women too and yes it is involved with Venusian creativity...
Star, you said,

Or someone who teaches children in underdeveloped countries (11th house is strong so it could be someone wanting to educate out of humanistic feelings).

Yes. This is very accurate. This guy is involved in a number of world wide projects arising from humanitarianism-animal rights etc...
This guy practises what he preaches in how he lives his life too.

Claire-you made some excellent observations here too:
OKay now for the mystery teacher. I think that IT would suit this person, technologies and the new age sciences.

IT is certainly a big part of his work, but not specifically what he teaches.He's in a scientific field though.
Neptune, you said:

Mystery teacher I would guess IT, computers or something to do with higher science - Mercury, Uranus, Mars square the Saturn. The Neptune/Saturn conjunction in Libra in the first is interesting, I'm not sure why Sociology came to mind also...

....Okay- He teaches adults at college level. His main subject is Sustainable Agriculture/ Horticulture and is part of a special project to raise the participation of women in that industry...he designs teaching programs too. There's a hands-on component-designing farm/garden layouts.(the Venus/creative side).
He has very high qualifications which you can see from the presence of venus and jupiter there in the house that mercury rules.
He has designed special bush regeneration projects and is involved in more organisations than most people, all dealing with ways of respecting nature and not wrecking the planet.
He is also very well liked by his students and highly respected by his peers.Science is part of his background and training but so also is the *sociology* side of him honoured by this work to which he is wholly committed.
It involves not only creativity but honours his sensitive pisces moon (ruled by Jupiter (again, tim) and he has the moon trine to mercury...he thinks with his head and it comes from the heart. He is a very gentle, well mannered man too. The Mercury/Mars comes into it because so much of his work involves digging in earth and the mars there in Leo, ruled by the sun does suggest planting.
His moon is the apex of a yod..almost as if he had no choice about this humanitarian destiny.
I'll leave it there..others may like to comment on Mystery man.
Cheers
Lilly

Nexus7

His Moon ruler, Neptune, is conjunct Saturn, so it comes to no surprise that he wishes to bring his visions down to earth - literally. From what you say, it is more of a surprise that he has nothing in Taurus - Sun/Mars literally could be very hands-on and suggests that what he works as may involve physical exertion.

The Moon could be linked to horticulture perhaps, though I was wonderig if there was a theme to do with putting inspiration, the intangible, to form.

The thing I was most unsure about was the Venus - the Jupiter (lecturing) was there anayway, but I could not decide if this was about beautification, the cosmetics industry, or (with the Moon, too), life skillsof some kind, thelatter hardly beingparticularly glamorous.

Nexus7

I personally findthis very interesting.

Its all very well o teach, but I am sure it can be possible to be mismatched as far as teaching topic goes. Maybe a fine-tuned understanding of certain chart factors could be helpful in finding the more perfect fit.

Science teaching does givean irresistible association with 'mad scientist' profession and illuminating the secrets of Nature in apretty Promethean sort of a way.

lillyjgc

Nexus,
I agree and the venus seems to come about in his desire to maintain the beauty of the planet. He has an amazing organic garden at his houise too-beautifully landscaped..a lot about aesthetics going on with plants, their propagation etc.And of course the designing of ponds, bridges, stone walls all go along with what he does, and teaches...Sustainable agriculture is also about assisting third world countries to develop proper methods etc..and no doubt some of his students will take his teachings to those places.
Saturn is exalted in Libra in his chart too and in his h2 of income, trine to the venus/jupiter (love of learning, not just teaching). The Saturn/Neptune is part of the yod too...so piscean visions that need adjusting to the reality of what is, compared with *what could be*..perhaps?
The sextile of Saturn to Pluto is probably about his recycling projects, Pluto being in h12, ruled by the sun,(planting) and sun in h11, with concern about the future for all humans, not just the self.
Having the sun/Mars in h11 has given him the energy to be a very long term activist in preserving the planet, and in tandem with world movements..
Another inspiring person.
Cheers
Lilly

Claire19

i have always wanted to teach...is there a possibility for the same? any advice appreciated since i am new and inquisitive
birth date 12th march 1984 born at 9:48 a.m
in new delhi, India

If you take the time to study you could teach astrology and IT and the New Age Sciences is also possible. Venus in Aquarius rules your 6th house of everyday work as well as being posited in the 10th and this is career matters.

THe ruler of your 2nd house of personal income and talents to gain the material things of life is Mercury which is conjunct Sun and again in the 11th is suggestive of science and technologies. With a trine to Pluto in Scorpio in the 6th it is suggestive of psychology or the paranormal, being involved with large corporations and the matters of life and death such as the occult, reincarnation etc. So if you could incorporate the metaphysical sciences this could be a teaching avenue. Venus is again sextile to Neptune in the 8th house to back all this up.

You may have psychic powers that can be developed more and this will aid with any of the abovementioned. You are also a Pisces sun sign, again the psychic influence.

I wish you luck

:biggrin:

lillyjgc

Hi-I posted the English Teachers chart here so we don't have to go back to page one while discussing it...

We see Jupiter ruling the Asc (sag) and Mercury ruling h10-that combination again being very evident.
We see the sun conjoined with Mercury in Taurus on cusp of h6.
House two ruled Saturn...Saturn in Mercury's sign right on the tenth. Mercury trines mars also in the tenth.
So plenty of hints that point to teaching as a profession.Saturn also rules h3 of the intellect and is placed high in the chart here.H9 is ruled by the Sun, conjoined with Mercury in the house of *what you do on a daily basis*..this teacher always saw her work as being of service to humanity, and she too has the compassionate pisces moon. In her chart, the moon rules her h8 and is sextile to her sun/mercury conjunction so the moon is directed via h6 to mars in h10.Mercury is also retrograde and so is Saturn, so literature from the past was very important to this teacher..the Great works.
One of the mostly widely read humans I've ever met actually.

Nexus you mentioned this:
I was going to say much the same thing. I teach. English as a foreign language. Mercury-ruled Midheaven, squaring Mercury, though the nit-picky pedantry of the fine points of English grammar drives me up the wall sometimes.

Saturn and Mars both in Virgo here also really add to the *attention to detail* for which Virgo has a reputation..

The predominance of mercurial involvements here does suggest a lot of activity involving *the written word*, which English teaching is about. Mars in Virgo often expresses an interest in mental activities, like scrabble and crosswords..
Claire,
Now to look at the English teacher. I see again the Virgo on the MC with Mercury conjunct Sun in the 6th.

Yes, we are saying a pattern here..

The second house of income ruler Saturn is in the 10th for authority and teaching what is right and proper. Mars from there trine Mercury adds to the language connection. Emphasis on correct grammar and syntax.

Yourself and Nexus were very astute with this observation..If you ever wanted to know a grammar rule, you'd ring this person as a first choice. She was also very satirical and a member of the local drama club where she acted in a few comedies.

And this important point, that I'd missed:

THe North Node is conjunct the 5th house ruled by Mars in the 10th so once again education is the path for this lifetime.

This woman, in the latter part of her career devoted her life to teaching children with severe physical and intellectual handicaps.She frequently clashed with those in authority, as her intentions were always in support of those missing out.She was also a very active trade unionist, for the same reason..
I have used past tense here, because sadly this woman passed away in recent years.After her death, one thing all her friends remarked on-every detail of her life had been cleared up, prior to her death..her filing system was so organised and nothing out of place..all her bills paid..extraordinary organisational skills and a truly loved and gifted teacher who made a difference in the lives of many underprivileged children.
Cheers
Lilly

starlink

Pis/Cancer, your question deserves a thread of its own. Right now we are in the midst of a thread of Lilly. I will try to move the post to a new place, in Greenhorns.

Starlink

starlink

Claire, I created a new thread for Pis/Can in the Greenhorn lounge, named it: Could I be a teacher?
I copied this answer from you into that thread. Looks a bit strange as my avatar is seen there, but doesn't matter. Would you like to delete this answer of yours in this thread of Lilly or just leave it here?

lillyjgc

2re2lq8.gif

Now- to the sculpture teacher:

Claire,
You said:

I see that with Mercury trine Saturn from Virgo on the MC. That hands and fingers are skillful and dextrous. THe teaching comes in with that also.

Definitely. This guy is also physically very strong-Mars in Aries and ruling his ascendant. He commands attention from a physical point of view too, being tall, and we see his ascendant ruler is sextile to Jupiter and jupiter connects to venus in Libra by a trine...His own work is done in seclusion like a hermit. Teaching brings him out into the world.The sun is in h9-but moving toward h10, ruled by Mercury which is IN h10..
I think physique is also a clue to work.

Claire,

Taurus on the 6th of everyday work with the ruler Venus in LIbra gives balance and harmony, an appreciation of beauty. Venus trine Jupiter gives higher education and teaching perhaps once again. College students for instance.

Totally correct- He's teaching at College level now. Balance and harmony are features of his artworks.

Now with Venus square the Moon in the 2nd the income would be rather up and down and in Capricorn again that shows discipline and acting as authority figure.

Absolutely. He makes his own works, then has to display them and wait till they sell.Some are over 15 feet high. He lives from the profits of his art sales so very up and down-some works are at the higher price end of the spectrum. They are very unique.
Because of the money fluctuations, he's had to stabilise his income by taking up teaching jobs, which he discovered he really enjoyed although he would have preferred to just sculpt full time of course.He is, as Tim also pointed out, highly qualified, with the sun ruling h9 and close to h10 cusp.

Taurus deals with earth so clay for pottery etc. Capricorn again is earth and can be involvement with minerals and stones. Also Virgo rules harvest of the earth so growing herbs and flowers etc and the pots to contain them.

He works in clay, stone, wood and yes, has designed gardens and the sculptures to go with them.Quite a few of his works are in public parks around Australia.

The yod- yes-he too has a yod.
Again, the moon is the focus, this time in capricorn with the sextile end being sat/Uranus (unusual / original work) to Pluto in h9.
There's no water in this chart either.The ascendent is his most watery aspect but its ruler is in a fire sign.
The north node is in h10 in Virgo-so bringing Mercury back into things-Mercury ruling his tenth. Mercury and Jupiter are square to one another here which I think represents the difficulty he has faced financially, as jupiter rules his income.
Having the moon in h2, applying a trine to the sun in h9 does suggest success later in life..which is happening now really.
Curiously, he has fortuna on h4 cusp.Jupiter rules his h4. He has lived in many houses and he doesnt own a house of his own. He has incredible luck finding landlords who don't mind the back shed being turned into a sculpting area, with all the stone, dirt resources involved..And hes lived in some very large houses also-all over the world.!
This guy has his north node in Virgo so teaching was definitely part of his journey.
Mercury is trine to saturn,ruler of his third!
Cheers
Lilly

Claire19

I personally findthis very interesting.

Its all very well o teach, but I am sure it can be possible to be mismatched as far as teaching topic goes. Maybe a fine-tuned understanding of certain chart factors could be helpful in finding the more perfect fit.

Science teaching does givean irresistible association with 'mad scientist' profession and illuminating the secrets of Nature in apretty Promethean sort of a way.
I think it is difficult to pinpoint anyone's profession without some background info....We can be general and may hit the mark in some ways...

I recently put up a mystery celebrity and no one came near what she does for a living. It is so subtle and of course in hindsight one can see the aspects knowing her background story. However it gave me insight into her character than in some ways is almost like an x ray and we can discern things that nobody else even knows about.

However it is very interesting and great practise for us all.

:smile:

lillyjgc

Thanks Claire,
I will get onto it-I wasn't sure if anyone was interested or not.Thanks for the thumbs up!
Lilly

greentwinkle

Hiii, very interesting thread.
I am new to this forum & am not yet good at astrology to be able to read the charts but yes I do understand the general themes explored vis a vis teaching such as the influence of mercury, Jupiter and House 9.
I am a teacher & this topic interests me a lot.
I never thought of becoming a teacher when I was young. I thought I would surely get into a business of some sort. But, I guess it was written in the stars. I do enjoy it much & can't imagine any other vocation.
If anyone would like to take a look at my chart, let me know..
:)

greentwinkle

Hmmm, I was not really challenging you Haizea. :tongue:
In senior secondary school the students have the option of choosing from the science, commerce & arts/humanities stream.
The common subjects that students study here are science, social studies, languages & math.
Btw, what does Jupiter & Sun in house 9 suggest?

greentwinkle

I was carrying out some field research and caught you saying this:

Originally Posted by greentwinkle
The written word is so much easier ...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192037&postcount=1

:andy: :cool:

The T-square involving Saturn, Mercury and Uranus must be related.

But the Sagittarius Neptune Opposite Gemini Jupiter in the 3rd/9th looked also adequate for other Arts like Literature, Philosophy or Music.

:smile:

Yeahhh.
Hmmmm. The written word. Hmmmm. I see.
You are right. I teach literature. Love it. Am also pursuing ph.d in diasporic studies. I guess that should probably account for that sag/ gem axis..if that is what it is called...
Don't get that T-square thing..???
Am I hijacking this thread by asking all such quetions?
Let me know.
:innocent:

Astrodawn

Hi Lillyjc

I am a teacher/lecturer full time, I have attached my chart for you if you have a collection and you want to add it!

Can you guess my subject??

Attachments

• dawn natal.gif
    dawn natal.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 27

lillyjgc

Astrodawn,
I'll have a go. Firstly I notice the Leo asc. and think *kids and creativity*-5th house matters.
Then I see the stellium in Virgo there and think maybe diet and health as these are natual virgo leanings.Detail. The Mercury influence very much does suggest Teaching/Lecturing, as you've told us.
Then I notice Jupiter in h10-ruled by venus.This makes me think food and diet too, but from a philosophical/higher Ed level as Lecturing is.
Having Jupiter connect by trine to most of those Virgo planets in h2-how we earn our money, I am thinking you teach skills to do with wellness and diet.
You have a strong jupiter feel to your chart. Mercury also in a Jupiter sign suggesting to me you either like bushwalking or some similar outdoor activity and maybe that comes into your work. Activities to do with leisure seem to be suggested by Merc's placement.
Leo rules sport too so maybe you are a teacher of sporting skills and healthy diets. Health and Phys Ed.Something along those lines.
Cheers
Lilly

Astrodawn

Well Done Lillyg!!

I work in the sports dept, but I teach all health and fitness qualifications including nutrition, gym instructor, personal trainer, aerobics etc

You were spot on 100%
Including the 'bushwalking' I enjoy endurance mountain walks of about 25 miles, and sometimes take students on short 6 mile walks :)

Dawn :)

Last edited:

Astrodawn

Haizea

Thanks for trying also!

I do actually love as my favourite personal passion, the written word, I'm always writing, and make my students spell everything perfectly...so maybe your right too

Dawn :)