Revenge, getting even, and master at destroying someone's life.

The19thLaw

I have been reading some history and it seems like Libra is one sign which is never given any credit for delivering revenge and punishment. Genghis Khan was one famous example that had a Libra Mars, where it is debilitated, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Libra is balancing the scale meaning that a wrong has to be righted but given the signs exaltation in Saturn, it also means that it will wait and have the discipline to go in for the kill.

Astrologers say Scorpio but in my opinion, the sign itself is more bark than bite and a lot of that stuff is written by modern astrologers, usually Scorpios, desperately wanting to be seen as strong. Most of the times I have found that this sign sabotages itself more than it does others, making itself look like an idiot in order to get revenge.

I think it makes sense because Mars is the ancient ruler of the sign and Mars is brash, not really that tactical, and acts on impulse. It is too emotional and doesn't think strategically.

The other signs? I'd say Venus ruled signs are actually the ones with the worst bad side. Mars is punch you in the face and tear apart your tires, Venus is ruin your reputation so bad that you cannot find a job and have to live in poverty due to the damage strategically being done.

It seems like Taurus and Libra are the signs that once angered, cannot be stopped.

So what aspects would make someone good at this?

I think Squares and oppositions for one.

Any bad aspect to Saturn or even Saturn aspects in general will give someone the strategic mind needed to do revenge right.

Cary2

Banned
Scorpio does not need to be defended by you, but your defense of Scorpio is crumbling because you are ignoring key wisdom in the practice of astrology. You are on a vendetta against some imagined slight against you personally, and you think you must malign the character of many other signs to extract your revenge. It has become a fanatical obsession.

JUPITERASC

I have been reading some history and it seems like Libra is one sign which is never given any credit for delivering revenge and punishment. Genghis Khan was one famous example that had a Libra Mars, where it is debilitated, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Libra is balancing the scale meaning that a wrong has to be righted but given the signs exaltation in Saturn, it also means that it will wait and have the discipline to go in for the kill.

Astrologers say Scorpio but in my opinion, the sign itself is more bark than bite and a lot of that stuff is written by modern astrologers, usually Scorpios, desperately wanting to be seen as strong. Most of the times I have found that this sign sabotages itself more than it does others, making itself look like an idiot in order to get revenge.

I think it makes sense because Mars is the ancient ruler of the sign and Mars is brash, not really that tactical, and acts on impulse. It is too emotional and doesn't think strategically.

The other signs? I'd say Venus ruled signs are actually the ones with the worst bad side. Mars is punch you in the face and tear apart your tires, Venus is ruin your reputation so bad that you cannot find a job and have to live in poverty due to the damage strategically being done.

It seems like Taurus and Libra are the signs that once angered, cannot be stopped.

Any bad aspect to Saturn or even Saturn aspects in general will give someone the strategic mind needed to do revenge right.
Generalisation is fun but unreliable :smile:

and keep in mind also that
and I quote:

Scorpio does not need to be defended by you, but
your defense of Scorpio is crumbling
because you are ignoring key wisdom in the practice of astrology.
You are on a vendetta against some imagined slight against you personally, and
you think you must malign the character of many other signs
to extract your revenge.
It has become a fanatical obsession.

ElenaJ

" written by modern astrologers, usually Scorpios, desperately wanting to be seen as strong"
Where are you getting these things?
You research the charts of astrology writers?

RisingSag

I dated a libra who seeeeeemed like a nice soft spoken person. I did his chart and this person had nearly all their personal planets in scorpio, while their sun and mercury was in polished and charming Libra. This person had a side that I decided I didn't want to get to know better. Maybe Genghis Kahn is similar.
'I'd like to add they had some of these scorpio planets squared by another planet, I cant remeber. So their scorpio energy was afflicted.

Last edited:

The19thLaw

Libra is sandwiched between Virgo and Scorpio, could be likely that a lot of Libras had a Scorpio Mars but with Genghis I did not notice it. I noticed that but Rockefeller and Genghis Khan had a debilitated Libra Mars which could make sense. They did not fight directly or fiercely like Mars domiciled signs would, they fought sneakily.

conspiracy theorist

There was a thread a while back that looked at political and military success and leadership. Libra was heavily represented in the natives that were brought to attention.

ElenaJ

Libra is sandwiched between Virgo and Scorpio, could be likely that a lot of Libras had a Scorpio Mars
Libra being sandwiched between virgo and scorpio means that mercury and Venus are probably in one of these three signs, but mars can be anywhere.

JUPITERASC

There was a thread a while back
that looked at political and military success and leadership.
Libra was heavily represented
in the natives that were brought to attention.
I recall that thread
Tropical Scorpio Sun/Moon representation
outnumbered that of Tropical Libra
Cancer Sun example was GW Bush :smile:

quote:
The image of the Scales is masculine, diurnal, changeable, human,
truthful, economical, judicial, common, eloquent,
semi-fertile, handsome, sitting and of the east wind.
It indicates disputes, affairs, crafts, trade and changes.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Libra
are well-proportioned and graceful, notable, noble, supervisors, artisans,
encountering many vicissitudes because of the tipping of the Scales,
covetous, average, youthful, with fine face, fine figure, beautiful eyes,
poetical, thick lips, beautiful hair, white, merchants, judges, lawyers,
supervisors of crops, vineyards, olive groves, aromatics, homesteads,
measures, posts, crafts and grain supplies.

quote:
The image of the Scorpion is feminine, nocturnal, solid, terrestrial, creeping,

servile, silent, fertile, poisonous, unchangeable, fierce, thievish,
with many limbs, lying and of the west wind.
It indicates inquiries, deception, lawsuits, fights and mysticism.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Scorpio
are disproportioned and awkward, tricky, turbulent, base, covetous, lying,
bitter because the Scorpion stings, competitive,
powerful, with short head, delicate voice, round light green eyes, sharp nose, lower lip bent,
coarse hair, dark, military commanders, generals, destroyers of property,
thieves, murderers, traitors, burglars and haters of their own families.

Opal

Premium Member
Every sign has the capacity........

I am Libra Sun, Scorpio Asc, debilitated Mars in Cancer(I have grown to admire it, I did not used to) that is square my sun 1 degree.......I am very patient, and very giving......but, if you cross me bad enough, most things don't bother me, but if you do get me to that point......you will regret it........

The19thLaw

Every sign has the capacity........

I am Libra Sun, Scorpio Asc, debilitated Mars in Cancer(I have grown to admire it, I did not used to) that is square my sun 1 degree.......I am very patient, and very giving......but, if you cross me bad enough, most things don't bother me, but if you do get me to that point......you will regret it........

Unless you listen to modern astrology, then Leos can never be angry lol.

Opal

Premium Member
I have never been accused of being a traditionalist.....but.....Leo......never angry.......I have known two Leo Leo couples.....cat fight.....:biggrin:

ElenaJ

This comment is not personally about you, Oceans, but much of the idea of anger and revenge also depends on the emotional maturity of the individual, regardless of the difficult natal aspects. We are not really ships without a rudder in the midst of high seas, we have the possibility of choosing, improving, overcoming, through reason and individual will. Those who harbour bad feelings and anger, or look for revenge, are really doing a disservice first of all to themselves. So many astral configurations can stir anger within us, but we don't necessarily have to act on them. The idea of "when I get angered I really let it out" simply means losing control of ones self, it isn't a positive trait, and brings nothing positive in the long run to our souls, just a momentary satisfaction of striking out.

conspiracy theorist

Could it have to do with the exaltation in Saturn?

I think there is a lot of things about the sign Libra that gives it an edge, an edge that I think is really underrated. Saturn's connection to Libra is certainly underestimated. Traditionally speaking, Libra was one of the "violent signs" due to being Saturn's exaltation. (all violent signs were either ruled by Mars or Saturn through domicile or exaltation). It's also a cardinal signs which makes it prone to action and leadership - cardinal signs are politically oriented. Add to that it is also a "human" sign which gears it toward the use of the intellect, as opposed to the more emotive, intuitional or instinctive signs of the zodiac.

When you add the fact that it is Venusian ruled, then you have the recipe of a sign that knows the art of social dynamics and getting what they want through skillful maneuvering in the social sphere, is intellect-based and motivated toward leadership. Saturn gives pragmatism, a long-term and strategic outlook and organizational ability to the sign. As well as it's more malefic tendencies which may not be so apparent because of the sign's primarily Venusian face.

Based on memory, I remember the thread showcased the charts of Margaret Thatcher, Vladimir Putin, Dwight Eisenhower, Adolf Hitler and the speculative of Genghis Khan as examples of well-known and undisputed political and military leaders. The Libra prominence might also have to do with a broader pattern of Saturnine dominance since in that thread there was a lot of Capricorn/Saturn emphasis, too.

Libra is not a straightforward sign and I don't think it should be underestimated.

Gemini888

I'm curious about your personal experience with Libra. Was you seriously hurt by a Libra? If I had to conclude using my personal experience alone, I would say Libra is one of the sweetest and most generous signs out there, just because my experience with Libra was all sunshine.

Granted, Libra is a sign frequently seen in politicians and is also capable of manipulation, but to say he was a violent individual just because he had Libra Mars is just too far-fetched. What about his Sun, Moon, Asc, Merc...? What about the house his Mars was in? What about the aspects? What about people who were born the same day as him but didn't become a vengeful dictator? Not to mention Khan's birth data isn't 100% accurate. What if it turns out that his birth date was different from the one we know currently and he didn't have Mars in Libra?

There is a reason why birth charts exist in the first place. Planets don't exist in a vacuum, they work together to form a complete personality. If it's that easy to isolate each planet to draw conclusion for someone's behavior, then we wouldn't even need a birth chart in the first place, just a list of days when which planet lands on which sign, like the "pop astrology" has been doing with the Sun sign.

david starling

I think there is a lot of things about the sign Libra that gives it an edge, an edge that I think is really underrated. Saturn's connection to Libra is certainly underestimated. Traditionally speaking, Libra was one of the "violent signs" due to being Saturn's exaltation. (all violent signs were either ruled by Mars or Saturn through domicile or exaltation). It's also a cardinal signs which makes it prone to action and leadership - cardinal signs are politically oriented. Add to that it is also a "human" sign which gears it toward the use of the intellect, as opposed to the more emotive, intuitional or instinctive signs of the zodiac.

When you add the fact that it is Venusian ruled, then you have the recipe of a sign that knows the art of social dynamics and getting what they want through skillful maneuvering in the social sphere, is intellect-based and motivated toward leadership. Saturn gives pragmatism, a long-term and strategic outlook and organizational ability to the sign. As well as it's more malefic tendencies which may not be so apparent because of the sign's primarily Venusian face.

Based on memory, I remember the thread showcased the charts of Margaret Thatcher, Vladimir Putin, Dwight Eisenhower, Adolf Hitler and the speculative of Genghis Khan as examples of well-known and undisputed political and military leaders. The Libra prominence might also have to do with a broader pattern of Saturnine dominance since in that thread there was a lot of Capricorn/Saturn emphasis, too.

Libra is not a straightforward sign and I don't think it should be underestimated.

For revenge potential, I'd go with Scorpio Asc. Ruthlessness and ambition could be a Venus/Saturn/Mars combination. But, taken by itself, I have Mars in :cancer: by itself as "Emotionally Self-directed"--going your own way, on your own terms, but avoiding confrontation whenever possible.

Opal

Premium Member
I'm curious about your personal experience with Libra. Was you seriously hurt by a Libra? If I had to conclude using my personal experience alone, I would say Libra is one of the sweetest and most generous signs out there, just because my experience with Libra was all sunshine.

Granted, Libra is a sign frequently seen in politicians and is also capable of manipulation, but to say he was a violent individual just because he had Libra Mars is just too far-fetched. What about his Sun, Moon, Asc, Merc...? What about the house his Mars was in? What about the aspects? What about people who were born the same day as him but didn't become a vengeful dictator? Not to mention Khan's birth data isn't 100% accurate. What if it turns out that his birth date was different from the one we know currently and he didn't have Mars in Libra?

There is a reason why birth charts exist in the first place. Planets don't exist in a vacuum, they work together to form a complete personality. If it's that easy to isolate each planet to draw conclusion for someone's behavior, then we wouldn't even need a birth chart in the first place, just a list of days when which planet lands on which sign, like the "pop astrology" has been doing with the Sun sign.

I am a Libra, and I know many Libra’s most of whom I am on excellent terms with.....my husband is a loving Libran.......but yes I do have an enemy, that is a Libra too.......

The19thLaw

A lot of this ties into the works of Robert Greene, especially 33 Strategies Of War. The Ancient Athenians looked to Athena as a true god compared to Ares, we can think of the two as Venus vs Mars respectively. Ares was masculinity, raw and pure, but also instinctual and ruled through fear and intimidation. Ares is Mars, fight for the battle.

Athena can be seen as Venus, thinking of the long-term picture in mind, thinking 10 moves ahead and fighting the war instead of the battle. In other words, the Scorpio or Aries might win the battle but the Taurus and Libra will always win the war. Now I will note that Mars is not even at its strongest peak in either Aries or Scorpio, it is in its height power in Capricorn which is a Saturn ruled sign.

It is amazing once you go through a war in life or compete in a sport how much long-term thinking helps compared to the short-term mindset. It is no mystery to me that the very sign exalted in Saturn and ruled by Venus is so powerful yet it understands the true rule of power, to hide it instead of showcasing it.

Similarly, I think signs like Gemini, Leo, and Virgo are good at this power-game. Compare that to an Aries or Scorpio who will always fall on their own sword.