On the subject of relationships

ramsye

Someone was talking to me yesterday and said something which really struck me. He said that it was ok to be with someone who was poor, who was hot tempered, who had health problems...but the worse thing was to be with someone who was emotionally unavailable....I find these words very very true!
Any comments from your own experiences?
R

2rainbows

emotional imbalance is very difficult. victims of are hard to reach. they use some form of escapism; drugs, work, shopping, all things that do nothing and can even enhance their imbalance. plutonian/breaking down work may help the imbalance a bit. but i think it is imperative for emotionally imbalanced to hook up with balanced for assistance in healing. the balanced has what is needed to deal with the situation.
2rainbows

Francesca

Yes, emotional unavailability is the pits, and I'm not sure that having an emotionally "balanced" partner is the answer. Why would someone emotionally balanced want to be with someone like that? More likely, the so-called balanced person is content to be the nurturer, without feedback or reward.

2rainbows

well it certainly is not going to help either party if emotionally detached attracts the same. whether conscious or not, we are always seeking balance. if one is sufficiently balanced, they are strong enough to carry unbalanced, and balanced assisting unbalanced reinforces balanced.
much of this all occurs subconsciously.
in my case, i was quite young, in my first LTR and it took a very traumatic life experience during our relationship causing my ex-boyfriend to completely detach from emotions. it was the only way he was able to cope. our relationship maintained, around his emotional breakdown, until he could climb back up to his emotions which will likely always be scarred.
before and after this traumatic time, i think both his strength and curse is his independence and i find the same to be true of me. relationships are surely meant to give you clear glimpses of yourself.

2rainbows

2rainbows

Hey Mike,
it is always hardest to see truth in self. your relationships should indicate if you are or not. things to think about, how many relationships have you been in? was there a common reason for their ending or common complaint from the people you've been in relationships with? besides looks, think about what it is that truly attracted and/or attracts you to other people.
happy internalizing!,
2rainbows

lilllybelle

Quote " Speaking of emotional imbalance, my sign says I'm emotionally imbalanced, but I don't really think I am." Quote

Mike, don't listen to that junk people talk about libras.....What?...You, didn't say anything about libra?....Oh, my mistake. :D L.

Belgianmoonguy

2rainbows said:
well it certainly is not going to help either party if emotionally detached attracts the same. whether conscious or not, we are always seeking balance. if one is sufficiently balanced, they are strong enough to carry unbalanced, and balanced assisting unbalanced reinforces balanced.
much of this all occurs subconsciously.
in my case, i was quite young, in my first LTR and it took a very traumatic life experience during our relationship causing my ex-boyfriend to completely detach from emotions. it was the only way he was able to cope. our relationship maintained, around his emotional breakdown, until he could climb back up to his emotions which will likely always be scarred.
before and after this traumatic time, i think both his strength and curse is his independence and i find the same to be true of me. relationships are surely meant to give you clear glimpses of yourself.

2rainbows

7th house are serious relationships, marriages or like these days, living together (although with these relationships, i also think 4th house)
7th house opposes or 'mirrors' the 1st house... so indeed, you could catch glimpses of yourself...

And to be completely honest
I was emotional unavailable through some relationships, but it backfired in 2005... Where i was confronted with someone who acted like me in my previous relations...
Still, it got me more cautious and i don't know if i ever will feel like i want to love someone again... But we'll see...

Last edited: