Arab Tale: The Wise Interpreter

Summery Joy

Hello everyone,

Here's an Arab tale that I'd like to share with you;

Once upon a time there was a great sultan. One night, the sultan had a strange dream. He dreamt that he had lost all of his teeth except one. Alarmed, he called for a dream interpreter as soon as he woke up. When the interpreter arrived, the sultan told him the dream and almost begged him for an explanation. "Your majesty", said the interpreter; "the dream means that all of your family will die except you". The sultan was so disturbed by this interpretation that he called the guards and sent the interpreter to his death.

Refusing to accept such explanation, the sultan called for another interpreter, and one was brought. The new interpreter had heard about what happened to his predecessor because of his explanation and was very scared as he stood before the sultan. He became even more frightened when he heard the dream and discovered that the first interpretation was correct. He couldn't utter a word.

The sultan become impatient and said in an angry voice, "speak up". The interpreter thought for a while then said, "Your majesty, your dream means that you will be the longest living among your dynasty". The sultan was so pleased with this response that he granted the interpreter a gracious gift and made him the official court dream interpreter.

Moral of the story: It not what you say, it's how you say it!

Personally, I think the first interpreter had his natal Mercury in Aquarius while the second had his in Gemini. The sultan was probably an Aries :D

Howl

Wow, that second interpreter was pretty sharp :D something to think about when you're reading people's charts huh :p

freedomlover

Sultan????? Hello!!!???? He was a Leo! (winks)

(I had an ex-husband who was a Leo who acted just like that.)

(I'm not kidding, either.)

Arian Maverick

How about if the sultan had an Aries Sun in the Leo decanate (like me! :D ) or a Leo Sun in the Aries decanate?

Aries Characteristics:

• Alarmed, he called for a dream interpreter as soon as he woke up.
  • The sultan was so disturbed by this interpretation that he called the guards and sent the interpreter to his death. (Although I am inclined to believe a true Aries would have killed the interpreter himself...)
  • The sultan become impatient and said in an angry voice, "speak up".

Leo Characteristics:

• Refusing to accept such explanation, the sultan called for another interpreter, and one was brought.
  • The sultan was so pleased with this response that he granted the interpreter a gracious gift and made him the official court dream interpreter.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Humanitarian

The sultan mustn't have a DSC sign of either Aries, Scorpio, Capricorn or Aquarius, as these 4 signs are ruled by malefics, that rules harshness (Mars is more potent and aggressive, and Saturn is more controlling and secretive). Speech of other people are ruled by 9th house (3rd house from 7th house), so it must be either 9th house Leo (Sagittarius rising) or 9th house Sagittarius (Aries rising) as Leo wants positive messages and not negative messages, and Sagittarius does this, too