A Glimmer of Recognition - Ancient Egypt

Arian Maverick

I suppose this is not so much a horary question as an astrological recording of a sudden, unexpected glimmer of recognition with Ancient Egypt whilst reading through The Art and Science of Reflexology. The description of the Ankh as "the ancient symbol of life and joy" stirred something deep within me, activating a dormant memory of a shopping exursion at Wal-mart in which I was inexplicably drawn to a necklace, vaguely recognizing the symbol and staring in fascination and awe...

Jupiter forms a tight conjunction with the chart's Scorpio Ascendant and the moon in located in the first house, forming a Grand Trine with fourth house Uranus in Pisces and ninth house Sun in Cancer. I believe there is also a Mystic Rectangle consisting of a wide opposition between second house Pluto in Scorpio and eighth house Venus in Gemini as well as fourth house Neptune in Aquarius (conjunct the Nadir) opposite tenth house Mars in Leo (conjunct the Midheaven)...

Arian Maverick

Solastro

Ah syncronicity.. how it makes me wonder.. 'twinkle twinkle little star.. how I wonder what you are':)

Yes I see.. *Mars(the 'ancient' ruler of Scorpio) leaving Saturn/MC.. moving to trine Pluto(the 'modern' ruler) yes indeed.. what rises out of the depths of Scorpio to do with this ancient Venus symbol.. & just what is Venus all about really.. since this chart has Venus square Uranus(trined by Cancer Sun)..

'Venus is all about love. Or is it? Venus is all about peace & harmony. Or is it? This seminar we will explore the complexities of Venus in hte natal chart, & why it is relevant to relationship but not to feelings; why it may be a brilliant mathematician but an insensitive lover, why the goddess in myth could never be faithful, what the relationship is between cosmetics, music & political leaders; & why the goddess was worshiped in Sparta in a full suit of armour. We will look at Venus from mythic, philosophical, astronomical & psychological persepctives, as well as considering the meaning of major transits & progressed aspects to natal Venus during the course of a life'.. taken from CPA seminar series in London 2005..

This is very interesting to me as I have natal Venus in Gemini(conj Jupiter/Nth Node/2nd) the ruler of my Taurus Sun.. in a mutable T-square involving Mars/Pluto/Uranus in Virgo(5th).. opp Saturn/Chiron in Pisces(11th).. so I have was definitely born to learn about Venus.. as apparently I needed to.. It's been a real test to individuate from out of my family entanglement(Sun rules Leo-IC) Oh maybe that's whay I have a Cap Moon(9th) Anyway my prog Jupiter in Gemini aligns in the same degree with Venus in your chart above.. so here I am talking about Venus.. so Uranus is alos squ my pr/Jup.. anyway the Moon in Scorpio in 'your' chart is also conj my natal Neptune(Yes my real individuation class has begun- 'the midlife stage' Nep squ etc) Also I have been arguing a lot with my father a lot over the last few years, yes he's a multiple Scorpio(his Mars/Nept in Virgo sits on a major leg of my T-square- my Mars/Pluto/Uranus-5th)

Anyway I feel that in 'this chart' with the Sun in Cancer trine Uranus in Pisces.. with the ancient symbol(meaning) of Venus in mind.. perhaps it has something to do with *'the Anima Mundi' -'the World Soul'.. since I was just reading Charles Harvey's book on this subject of the problem of 'the individual & the Collective' earlier today.. perhaps I am just asserting my Venus.. by being myself(my Venus squ Uranus).. by strongly disagreeing with my father.. when it seems like Mars.. yes these two are strongly linked together aren't they.. so some sort of coming to terms with my own inner conflicts.. including *'the Super-ego'(*Saturn in this chart of which Mars is seperating from). Meanwhile I look at the chart as I type this now to see Sagitarius rising(3deg58) ruled by non other than the same Jupiter(dr) in Scorpio(12th) which is co-incidentally transiting my 7th house.. almost exact trine(only 7min sep) my prog Cancer Sun(3rd).. hmm how interesting... All thanks to that Scorpio Moon now.. that I was reading about earlier from www.stariq.com...

'Ive heard that two rutting elk can lock horns for over a day. Of course, humans in a power strggle can easliy exceed that, escpecially during Scorpio's Moon. Power issues are raised. But what's like;ly hidden is the truth about where that power lies. One opponent overthrows another, hoping to capture power. But is it really there? That's the contemplation of this Moontime. Here's a clue; there's a treasurehouse full of good stuff just like the fairytales always said. And you don't have to steal or envy the ones who have it. All you need to do is find your PERSONAL KEY. This Moon says, "let your intuition lead." If you're stuck on something imagine holding onto it 80 years from now. Impermanence seems scary. But like an old snakeskin, after a loss comes something vibrant & new. Celebrate yourself as a passionate evolving being.' OK then:eek:

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the interpretation, Solastro!

I thought it would be relevant to post the answer I received from the Sabian Symbols' Oracle to the question: Why was I drawn so strongly to the Ankh?

Two lovers strolling through a secluded walk.
4º Aries

4__(4°)
TWO LOVERS ARE STROLLING THROUGH A SECLUDED PARK LANE Fullness of conscious participation in life without responsibility. Closing of a cycle of activity, implying satiation.

___*When positive, the degree is an utterly naive assimilation of self into its world and a complete flow of all effort towards some proper end, and when negative, the indiscriminate loss of the self's real assets in pure self-indulgence.

This is only one degree away from my natal Moon...:)

Arian Maverick

Solastro

Yes thanks for that.. you certainly triggered off a lot of stuff for me.. got me thinking(Merc in Taurs.. so I'll have to let it 'marinate' for while) Bearing in mind all that 'stuff' I brought up...

Cheers..