Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 02-01-2009, 12:51 AM

Life, death and the whole big picture.

Life never ceases to amaze me.
My best friends father died last night. When i first met him i instantly fell 'in love' with him. Not in a romantic way but in a father/daughter way. My own father died when i was 14 and my grandfather when i was 21. Both their deaths were sudden with no opportunity to say goodbye, just savagely ripped from my heart. I was left with gaping holes in my heart wondering why death had to be so blunt.
Pop (my best friends dad) epitomised everything i wished i had in a father figure. He was hard working, family orientated warm and loving. One cross word from him could have me in tears just as quickly as a smile had me joyful.
He had been sick for sometime. It was so hard seeing this giant of a man wither away physically but his indominable spirit remained.
As Pop's time came close i was allowed the gift of participating in the process of his death. Death was always something that happened to me, it had never been a process where i got to express my gratitude for being a part of his life, thank him for treating my children like his grandchildren and thank him for raising such a wonderful daughter who would become my very best friend.
I had never seen death as beautiful but last night i was privvy to the most beautiful experience of death.
The room had a warm enveloping comfort. The flicker of candlelight dancing over the faces of loved ones gathered around the tired body of an old man. The subtle music could have easily been the heart songs of those present as their energies blended to give the room a feel of anticipatory readiness. There was no anxiety, no pain, no emotional grabbing. The acceptance of what was coming was palpable.
Through the quiet of the moment something changed. For the first time in days pop opened his eyes. Gazing over at his wife he smiled before turning to the room full of those who loved him, summoning all his strength he raised his arm and waved, one single solitary wave as he departed this life. His chest became still, his eyes closed and the man i knew as pop slipped peacefully into another dimension.
There were no howls of protest, no 'please dont go' . Silent tears of relief, love and joy slipped effortlessly down the faces of those gathered. How beautiful was this scene. My heart broke under the enormity of what i had just experienced. In an instant the universe came to me, reveilling the beauty and purpose in everything that happens. How often do we completely miss these auspicious occassions because we are so wrapped up in our own sense of loss.
I learned something so very very big last night. I have come to realise that i know nothing, i realise that this life i live is part of something so much bigger than i could have ever imagined and for the first time ever i have no regrets whatsoever for anything in my life. Every mistake, every poor decision, every deliberatly negative thing i have done has been woven in to a complex tapestry, taken into account and utilised in the creation of a world that is being born right before my eyes.
I am truley and wonderfully blessed.

Rogue Red

***Im on a journey to Eudaimonia.***
I am writing a lot at the moment.
Read my work here:
http://rogue_red.writing.com/
Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take but by the moments that take our breath away.:53:currently 9hr15min SF
Unread 02-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Re: Life, death and the whole big picture.

What a beautiful description of your experience. Made my cry - not from sadness but because of the loving energy that emenated from your words.

Blessings,
The HerbalGoddess
Unread 02-01-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbalgoddess
What a beautiful description of your experience. Made my cry - not from sadness but because of the loving energy that emenated from your words.

Blessings,
The HerbalGoddess
Thankyou so much. This was something i really wanted to share and im glad you were able to see the beauty in the situation.

Rogue red

Read my work here:
Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take but by the moments that take our breath away.:53:currently 9hr15min SF
Unread 02-03-2009, 12:13 AM

...Ditto, Rogue Red...too many tear drops here. How touching your words of expression.
I am so saddened by your loss...yet what PROSE!
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Banned

I too was moved by this wonderful word-picture of a life well-lived by a loving and much loved man.

It reminded me of my father.....who died many years ago.....but continues to live in my heart.......and left me a legacy of love/self-acceptance which increases in value each day.

EJ

Last edited by EJ53; 02-18-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Unread 02-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53
I too was moved by this wonderful word-picture of a life well-lived by a loving and much loved man.

It reminded me of my father.....who died in 1992.....but continues to live in my heart.......and left me a legacy of love/self-acceptance which increases in value each day.

EJ
Isnt it wonderful when we have someone in our lives who continues to give after they have left our existence.

Rogue red

Read my work here:
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:40 PM

Thank you for this gift. Beautiful, indeed; yet I never thought that death could be beautiful. This is like a revelation.

Living with love is the way to die beautifully...
Unread 02-04-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu
Thank you for this gift. Beautiful, indeed; yet I never thought that death could be beautiful. This is like a revelation.

Living with love is the way to die beautifully...
Thankyou Radu, I attended Pops funeral today. I was asked to share what I had written. It was extremely difficult but I was privileged to share the experience of Pops death with those who knew and loved him. It has truley been a revelation for me too.

Rogue Red

Read my work here: