signs you aren't meant to get married

sofia

I'd like to know what aspects in a chart may have a tendency to never get married? Or someone who never felt the need to settle down? Personally i don't see myself ever getting married. I know i'm still young and haven't met the right guy. But i wouldn't say that is the case. The idea never been appealing to me.

Rawiri

For generalized aspects in a chart...Moon conjunct the Sun along with Venus squared tightly by Saturn (especially backwards square).

You can't really say well from any one aspect or thing though...it's when you see things piling up on top of each other all confirming the same thing.

For example of marriage, things like 7th lord in 8th, 7th lord in 6th, 8th lord in 7th etc will show troubles in relationship. The dignity of 7th lord being bad will also add to trouble. For women particularly look towards Jupiter as well...and for guys Venus. (I have not tested it enough to be sure whether this still applies for gay women etc, though still seems to hold well IME)

Certain conjunctions, such as Sun with Venus and Moon with Saturn also will tend to cause troubles in a person's relationships for their own particular reasons. But I would never predict "no marriage" from any one of these alone.

For not settling down, the above conjunctions also apply, especially Saturn/Moon. Also 1st lord in 1st, 7th lord in 1st, 11th lord in 12th, interchange between 5th and 7th. As well as destroyed 7th/9th houses through their lords etc.

There's more things to look at too...part of love/marriage, upapada, planet with least degrees in its sign, 7th and 9th divisions relating to relationships/marriage (those last three are from Jyotish astrology) if one really wants to look more finely.

But the above would be a place to start, when you get a whole lot piling on top of each other.

Any one alone isn't really going to do it, they'll just create break ups or issues when they activate.

But when you have a whole bunch of different planets all causing problems is when you will have life-long issues since the person is likely to always be in a period of a planet that's causing some kind of problem in that case.

sadge

For generalized aspects in a chart...Moon conjunct the Sun along with Venus squared tightly by Saturn (especially backwards square).

You can't really say well from any one aspect or thing though...it's when you see things piling up on top of each other all confirming the same thing.

For example of marriage, things like 7th lord in 8th, 7th lord in 6th, 8th lord in 7th etc will show troubles in relationship. The dignity of 7th lord being bad will also add to trouble. For women particularly look towards Jupiter as well...and for guys Venus. (I have not tested it enough to be sure whether this still applies for gay women etc, though still seems to hold well IME)

Certain conjunctions, such as Sun with Venus and Moon with Saturn also will tend to cause troubles in a person's relationships for their own particular reasons. But I would never predict "no marriage" from any one of these alone.

For not settling down, the above conjunctions also apply, especially Saturn/Moon. Also 1st lord in 1st, 7th lord in 1st, 11th lord in 12th, interchange between 5th and 7th. As well as destroyed 7th/9th houses through their lords etc.

There's more things to look at too...part of love/marriage, upapada, planet with least degrees in its sign, 7th and 9th divisions relating to relationships/marriage (those last three are from Jyotish astrology) if one really wants to look more finely.

But the above would be a place to start, when you get a whole lot piling on top of each other.

Any one alone isn't really going to do it, they'll just create break ups or issues when they activate.

But when you have a whole bunch of different planets all causing problems is when you will have life-long issues since the person is likely to always be in a period of a planet that's causing some kind of problem in that case.

^^^ This is well done, Rawiri. Nice job.

It's important to take a qualitative approach too. We always want to uncover the overall spirit of a native and the life purpose of his soul, such as where he needs/wants to go in life. A different calling exists for each individual. Each person has his own set of hurdles to overcome in his lifetime. Marriage may or may not play a part in this story.

For some people, marriage is part of that story. For other people, marriage is not a priority, or it is saved for later in life. Some people have really high standards and until that standard hits, they're busy diving into a world rich with other opportunities and experiences. Some people are deeply afraid of intimacy and they would rather stay single than risk having their hearts broken. Some people will get married 5-10 times over in one lifetime, hoping each time that strike on the slot machine will hit something good. Some people cling to their marriages because it's their entire sense of self worth. Some people have to take on bigger battles in their lives other than trying to find a marriage partner. It's different for everyone. All of these are generic examples, but my point is that we can't assume that any aspect of life (such as marriage, children, an executive career, traveling, writing, or whatever) is something that MUST be achieved or desired by everyone. Each person is on his/her own journey. Through astrology, our goal should be to understand that unique journey for each individual.... not to apply any preconceived judgments of how things "ought to be" upon a native when interpreting his/her chart.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Rawiri. Interesting stuff. :)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Interesting post, Rawiri.

I am curious about the bit about the "interchange between 5th and 7th lords".

So, my approach is the following. To determine something as serious as marriage or no marriage, look for at least three constellations that make marriage tough to happen.

Rawiri's post does a good job of giving some pointers. However, don't go and jump if you have a Saturn - Moon aspect. Firstly, that is just one aspect and canNOT alone determine marriage or no marriage. A LOT depends on the condition of both those planets and which houses they rule. I know someone who has a Capricorn Moon (so debilitated) and Saturn in Cancer (so in detriment). Saturn rules the 7th house, so is a key planet, but the individual is married. There are other constellations like a strong Venus that made up for the other two planets.

Sofia, would you care to post your chart? You can always take the birth details out. Astro.com charts are free and clear enough to read. Thanks.

Rawiri

@aquarius7000

The 5th and 7th interchange is something I actually consider to be a good thing, in many respects (since it involves nice houses), but it does seem to cause issues settling down (but not with relationships perse).

I believe this is because the 5th is a trine and a more "emotional love" house and when interchanged with the 7th, that ease (due to the trine) and emotional intensity is focused on the 7th. It's also the 11th from the 7th, a house of gain. Depending on other things, the person's character etc that can make it harder to "settle down."

But it is good for dealing with people, the public etc.

All you said is true (IMO, of course).

As well as what sadge said, such as needing to consider the path in life overall etc.

Lin

This is a lot of speculation but might not apply to Sofia's life. We really need to see YOUR chart Sofia to see if your feeling now is temporary or not.
Transits can make one believe something is permanent and authentic when it really is just a long transit that turns you off to the thought of marriage; or...makes singleness seem attractive.
So...please try to post your chart if you are really interested in this.
LIN