Questions about Nessus and Dejanira

GeminiGrrl

As a result of learning about the asteroids Nessus and Dejanira (considered to be the abuser's and victim's asteroids), I decided to take a look at where Dejanira is in my chart -- and WHOA! I have Dejanira in close conjunction with Ceres (1 degree) and in a slightly wider conjunction with Juno (4 degrees) and in opposition with my Saturn in close orb (1 degree). At a guess, I would imagine that the conjunction with Ceres suggests someone who's prone to nurture others to her own detriment and/or someone who does not feel that other people nurture her enough. The conjunction with Juno is suggestive of someone who often feels or actually is taken for granted in romantic relationships.

The question that I have about Nessus pertains to synastry. When I took a look at the overlay between my chart and that of someone I find very attractive, I saw that my Nessus is in fairly close conjunction with three of his personal planets -- Sun, Mercury, and Venus. Most of what I've read about Nessus focuses on the aspects between Nessus and Dejanira, which is evidently associated with abusive situations -- however, based on at least one source I've read, any aspects with Nessus in synastry can be a problem even if Nessus is not prominent in the natal chart (thankfully, it is not in my case although I do notice that I have Nessus in my seventh house). The overlay between this man's chart and my own seems to suggest the possibility that I might hurt or abuse him without intending to or that I might become attached to him in an unhealthy way -- especially since we have mutual Mars-Saturn in hard aspect (square one way, opposition the other way). I definitely don't want to go there especially since I think I also have several personal planets in his 12th house and he has one of his personal planets in my 12th. I don't know his rising sign but have extrapolated it from what I know of him and I feel fairly certain that I've come close -- if so, we both have Mars in the other person's twelfth house (which is not an easy placement and suggests that we might be inclined to "take each others' inventory', as they say in Twelve Steps). We also have a double whammy in terms of a Moon-Chiron trine -- and we also have Mars conjunct Pluto in composite. We have a number of really good aspects both in overlay and composite as well -- Mars trine Venus and Moon conjunct Jupiter in overlay, Sun trine Moon and Moon trine Venus in composite -- but a lot of this new stuff with Nessus bothers me, especially since Nessus forms aspects in the composite chart as well. Oddly enough, I notice that the man in question has Nessus conjunct Ceres which seems as if it might be suggestive of someone who would be inclined to expect or demand more nurturing from a partner than is really fair or reasonable to receive from one person or that his nurturing has a controlling aspect to it.

I also took a look at the overlay chart for a relationship I was in briefly last year -- I'm still friends with this person and spend time with him about once a week but the romantic aspect seemed to fizzle out after the first few months. The odd thing is that his Dejanira is activated in conjunction by three of my personal planets and my Nessus activates two of his personal planets (his Sun by conjunction, his Mars in trine) but this has not been what I would have regarded an abusive relationship. If he does feel taken for granted or abused by me, he has never said anything -- he's usually the one who asks me to spend time with him rather than vice versa.

How would other people read this? Am I reading too much into it?

Last edited: