Endometrial/Uterine Cancer Diagnosis

Frisiangal

Smilingsteph: As an RN, taking my final classes in Oncology/Chemotherapy next month...
I have to say a few things...

Please, please, pretty please, could you one day combine all your medical/physiological/ anatomical knowledge with the symbolism within medical astrology :kissing::kissing::kissing: ? It is people like yourself, with a working knowledge of both, that would make such a world of difference to the subject.

Frisiangal

Caro

Ok - I will check out the neptune book - get it out of a library or something.(cos I have heard it more than 3 times now) I have actually focused on saturn(trining neptune) a lot - maybe I need to move my gaze elsewhere in my chart.:happy: probably need help with it. there is a lot of hidden emotion I need to release - creatively.

Shadowflash - you have lots of wonderful support here. Any advice on the practical side please let me know. I found it particularly helpful to talk to survivors but with the warning of boundaries as above.

so sorry to hear of the rape - did you ever get help for this. now is the time to resolve this. :sad:

I did not have a hysterectomy so still have my uterus!!! although this is the standard treatment for this type of cancer and the stage I was at and is a very successful treatment. :happy: I like you have a tendency to get sucked in - lots of pisces planets. take care of you alone now and dont take on board anyone's issues.

wear lots of orange!!! the sacral chakra! I did and I think it helped too!:happy:

write a journal is another good idea and get all the support you need.

again Im just not skilled enough to comment on astrology side.

Good luck

best wishes.

smilingsteph

Please, please, pretty please, could you one day combine all your medical/physiological/ anatomical knowledge with the symbolism within medical astrology :kissing::kissing::kissing: ? It is people like yourself, with a working knowledge of both, that would make such a world of difference to the subject.

Frisiangal

Honestly, I am enamored by your knowledge in this area and I would love to do this!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when I was responding!!!

What type of texts can I get that would help me a bit...because with the medical knowledge behind myself if I had a bit of astrology to help I can put it all together and really help some people here!

Any ideas?

Thanks for putting that out there, because I may not have gone down this route...I think that this would suite me better than Horary....

Frisiangal

Honestly, I am enamored by your knowledge in this area and I would love to do this!!!!

I'm blushing!
I am not medically trained as you are. Any knowledge I have accumulated is the result of being fortunate enough to first train 2+ of a 4-year course at the only medical astrology school of its kind in the world at the time. When the real 'medical' lessons began one evening a week in the 3rd year, as well as the 9a.m-5p.m Saturday medical astro. lessons themselves, I couldn't take it all in. It was theoretically 'dissecting' the kidneys and their system that did it! It all became too much to learn. I've continued learning through practical examples at my own slow pace since then (Mercury retrograde in Taurus?)

My desire was to become a health astrologer, not a doctor-astrologer.
I thought it would be enough to know which sign/planet does what and has rulership over which part of the body, and the psychosomatic connection between body, mind and emotions as per chart aspects; e.g. kidneys=Libra=Venus, Jupiter=growths=idealism, etc.. In the years since I have realised it goes further and deeper than that, and the more medically-trained a person like yourself is, the better in a position (s)he is to nip any predisposition to a physical order, as shown by the chart, in its proverbial bud.
Some while back, I mentioned the system through which physical disorders develop that we were taught. If you are able to find 'The Reckeweg System' in old posts, this will give you an idea of its teaching.

I was thinking the same thing when I was responding!!!

What type of texts can I get that would help me a bit...because with the medical knowledge behind myself if I had a bit of astrology to help I can put it all together and really help some people here!

Any ideas?

My study books are in Dutch and none have been translated, which is a great pity. One is written by a doctor of medicine and is a gem.
Thank goodness for internet, which enables one to look at the physical causes of a complaint and attempt to put the astrological signature to it.
There are numerous medical astrology sites that provide information for studying purposes, that enables one to put two and two together and hopefully come up with four:smile:.
Eileen Naumann and Diane Cramer are very instructive and their sites worth looking into.
The authors of the book 'The Astrology of Healing' left their lives work available on the web and it is a particularly good site, even if it is early 20th century thought.
My own inspiration arose from Ingrid Naiman who gave two weekend seminars, Endocrinology and Research into Cancer, at the school I attended. She's a marvel. Her site is 'Astroheal'.
Ebertin's 'Anatomical Correspondences to Zodiacal Degrees' is available on the web and hits more than the average number of nails on the head.

Thanks for putting that out there, because I may not have gone down this route...I think that this would suite me better than Horary....

You could always combine "When will I get sick?" with both.:wink:

Regards,
Frisiangal

Shadowflash

Hello Again Finally!

*whew* Between personal issues/feelings processing and some computer issues, I haven't been able to return to this discussion... My apologies! But I am so happy to see that similingsteph has been inspired to study medical astrology, and thank you again to all who responded to my question...and yes, frisiangal's input was especially gobsmackingly helpful, and I'll always be grateful for it!

And for whoever's interested..........after some seriously nerve-barbecueing days and events, I am finally scheduled for hysterectomy/lymph-node-biopsy surgery a week from today, Thursday October 29th... Would very much appreciate prayers/healing thoughts and wishes from anyone feeling to offer them! And if anyone has any thoughts/hits on prognosis or that surgery date, that would be fabulous...

Much love to everyone, and thank you again!

Love, Shadow

Kerrie

God luck Shadowflash, sorry I couldnt help you with astrology but I wish you the best of luck for everything to turn out safe.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Well I lit a candle for you Shadowflash, and all my hopes are with you for a speedy recovery.
Many blessings
Lillyjgc

kazman32

I wish you the best ! My live in girlfriend is being tested for the same situation as we speak...I pray for both of you to be alright!

Attachments

• astro_w2at_02_donna_hp.11957.23020.gif
    astro_w2at_02_donna_hp.11957.23020.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 23

Frisiangal

Hello Shadowflash,
Have just returned from a family visit overseas and seen your last posting.
Do hope the surgery went well and you will give yourself time to completely recover emotionally as well as physically from the trying ordeal.
All the very best to you.

Frisiangal

Shadowflash

{{{Frisiangal, SmilingSteph, lillyjgc, caro, kerrie}}} and whoever else replied to this thread when it was current, who I may have missed here...and anyone else who might feel inclined to offer comment...

Thank you again for all your input back when I first posted! At this point I'm once again asking for input/help interpreting, because whereas my endometrial cancer was said to be Stage One at the time of surgery -- just based on how far the cancer had grown through the uterine wall -- due to some delays in getting to Phoenix on my part, I've only just now gotten the pathology report on my pelvic lymph nodes, that surrounded my uterus, three months later. And that report is not good at all: Apparently out of seven lymph nodes on each side of my uterus that were tested, cancer cells were found in four on the left and in one on the right, which puts it at Stage 3C instead -- which is dramatically worse.

So I now have a very intense decision ahead of me. This cancer doctor told me that if I do both chemo and radiation, it will give me a 60%-80% chance of being alive after five years. If I don't do both, he says there's a nearly 100% chance the cancer will recur between a year and a half to two years from now and, at that point, it will be much tougher to beat. I'm still working with my dear subtle-energyworker friend, to smooth out the energy flows at deeper levels and address the psychoemotional issues the cancer outpictured from...and I'm working with diet and nutrition...but whether this will be enough to *cure* me before the cancer takes over is an enormous question, obviously... Doctor looked at me as if I'd grown another nose, when he caught wind that I'm even considering foregoing chemo and radiation; pretty obvious that he feels quite certain I'll die if I don't do them.

To add more surreality, there exists *no test* that can ascertain how those lymph-node cancer cells are doing now, at this point. The biopsy was done three months ago, so they could have been transmuted, or they could be the same, or...they could be already spreading like crazy. The CA125 blood test only works for certain cancers, like ovarian, that are tumor-producing as tumors throw off a certain protein that's measurable, and that's that test. But endometrial doesn't create tumors; it just turns good tissue cancerous. So the ONLY way to ever know if my cancer is spreading is when something hurts enough to call attention, and is then visible by CT because it's way enlarged..........! Where's our progressive medicine when I need it!? I need a Star Trek tricoder that can pick up the energy of cancer even at microscopic levels! LOL :crying:

So I'm afraid the best I can do, looking at this astrologically...I don't have dear Frisiangal's skill at reading progressions, or solar arcs, or even much skill at reading medical astrology in a natal...!...is recognizing that I currently have transiting Neptune (and New Moon tonight!) squaring my 24 Scorpio Sun, which is my Leo-rising chart ruler...and will soon make the same square to Mercury, N. Node and Saturn as time goes on) which to me wouldn't bode well for enduring something like chemo well, with great vitality... And at the same time, transiting Uranus is trining that same Sun and, subsequently, the other planets. This would seem to imply that I might have a better chance with sticking to progressive/alternative medicine approaches, as they're clearly Uranian...

If anyone feels to offer me any feedback on this choice, for me, I would appreciate it more than I can say! I know I'm not a frequent poster here, so am not much *one of the clan,* but I'm pretty terrified and feeling to reach out anywhere I can! Thank you in advance, and love to everyone!

Shadowflash

vanila

Shadowflash,

I can't help you with astrological reading but I'll pray for your healing....everything that you said is very serious.....I'm with you....I wish I could help you ....I just wanted you to know that I'm on your side... .....let us know what is going on with you....
God Bless you...

smilingsteph

Shadowflash-
I dont remember if I wrote to you that I work in Oncology and I was giving patients chemotherapy.

It is such a hard thing to deal with.

I cannot even imagine how you feel right now.

I would love to explain chemo and radiation. You may have heard this before, but I like to explain it a bit different to my patients.

I do know that this cancer is hard to treat in that the cells can move into the pelvic cavity and into the abdominal cavity. The abdomen is bathed by a small amount of liquid and sometimes chemo medication is inserted in this cavity (where the organs all reside) to get any rogue cancer cells that are floating around in there.

I think cancer is both dumb and smart.

Cancer is very smart in that it grows and grows fast, because it dosent know how to turn itself off. Cancer dosent have a switch for cellular death, like normal cells and they keep multiplying and multiplying. For example a red blood cell normally lives about 120 days and then when the cell gets weak it is programmed for cellular death.

Cancer is dumb, very dumb in that it also is a very weak cell! As it grows and grows it also becomes very weak! It cannot sustain life as easily as normal cells.

We give chemotherapy to kill these dumb, rapidly growing cancer cells because they are so weak. Every time they multiply they are fragile, like glass.
Chemotherapy goes into the body and attacks the entire system. Now chemo is much smarter than cancer!!! Chemotherapy goes in and kills all of those pesky cells that are weaklings=cancer!

At the same time as the superhero=chemo goes in and bathes the cancer cells in its toxic death, it can also kill rapidly dividing cells, like hair cells and baby blood cells (that later turn into white blood cells, lymphocytes- the bodies ability to fight infection).

This is where I think your energy work will highly come into play. If you can work in a positive way to clear the bad energy out and keep the good in, you can remain strong and allow the chemo to power out the cancer cells, while providing safety to your normal/healthy cells!

Now radiation is a great tool as well! As radiation goes in and shrinks the tumors to rasins!!! It goes in and directly to the source of where the cancer is coming from, it attacks!!!!
Radiation makes chemotherapy work better, because it makes the area it needs to attack smaller.

So both radiation and cheotherapy are great as a pair, together, like Sonny and Cher.

If you choose to go with one over the other your chances of survival do decrease.

Your chances for survival are as good as mine. It could be that anyone of us can walk out and get ran over by a car, allowing you to live longer.
I hate it when they talk about how long you will live, because none of us know how long any of us has to live!

However, with that said, you also do have an illness. Breast cancer has made a survivor of my Grandmother. She had double breast cancer and was told she had a few months to live. She was a fighter and lived a good 10 long years! She died a year and a half ago due to her heart, and not the cancer!

Cancer can make a survivor out of you! The treatments these days are amazing and wonderful, but they do come with side effects. Allow the MD's to tell you what therapy you need that will be the best for you, but please dont let them dictate time of how long you will survive to you. Time is just time, we never know how much we have.

Do your research. Again, it is your choice, however if it were me (and I have no idea how you feel) based on what I know for research I would do both.
Then again, I am not in your shoes.

Whatever you decide is your choice and I will be here if you need any advice or a friend to lean on.

May the heavens bless you with health and vitality!

franklin taylor

So Sorry to read about the setbacks in what was expected from your biopsies ShadowFlash. I would hope that there has been improvements in the medical fields concerning oncology since my sister's situation in 1996-98 as I had written earlier. Have you considered a place like Cancer Treatment Centers of America for treatment? They do all the spiritual, alternative, nutrition, and of course oncology regimens. People supposedly have made great recoveries through them. Has it spread to other parts of the body, lungs, diaphram, stomach, kidney regions? If not, and only your lymph nodes have been affected beyond your uterus, maybe you have a better shot at it. The medical profession literally over-radiated my sister for it had reached out to too many places before they even found out she had it. Yes I am not suprised in your doctors response to alternative choices. Maybe a full incorporation of some of all of those things would help.

I do not want to ever negate any momentum of your Spiritual Journey, but I'd say that maybe it is time to end looking for transiting changes or fate in astrology particularly if a bad transit is about, and focus on your spiritual and medical prospects. Focus on nothing negative at all and don't worry in a search for good signs from around you ..dig into the very soul of your very self and your Spirituallity. It is truly up to you even more than you may even fathom for doctors really only can work on the physical plane. That will be your job to go deeper. Bad transits are challenges (nothing more) not death sentences, but things to learn and transform from. Not to say that if we do not learn or transform from them we could not pay serious consequences in the visible plane. While its your own decision to do so or not, I find when I have problems with people or my health I do not look for indicators, relievers from outside of me anymore. For it takes the focus off my desire..the desire to be at peace with others or better healthwise. Looking for a saving grace or a harbinger of disaster from outside of me is a waste of my psychic energy. Energy I could have used in healing myself. The answer is so often within us. Your chart shows great inner focus and that could very well describe your ability to sustain yourself.

Often enough, we triumph in those times of "bad transist". I truly believe diseases can be transformed and negated within us. Though I have never had cancer, I have had an illness that was labeled a terminal condition that elevated my odds of liver cancer to a very likely condition in my future but instead, all that was resolved, and the medical establishment said that was not normal outcomes. The will to live is so powerful. I have use it. Your Scorpio Sun "Fixedness" and the Fixed emphasis in your chart can testify to that as my Leo Sun fixedness can attest to mine. Fixed Signs have strong willpowers (Sun) when they so choose to use it. They can literally use it as something visible as if it were a physical thing in their hands. As with me..that "will" can also make us sick ..a powerful will to never let go of the bad feelings and hurts in our lives. A weapon for good or ill. Our freewill.

In addition to your Spiritualism, taking things one day at a time. Staying honest with ourselves about how things are as we have percieved them, and how they really are. So often it is out of focus. Deep loving graditute "attitude" for every little thing in your life good or not so good helps. Taking good care of yourself. Heavy amounts of good quality antioxidants are very good too. I still take heavy amounts and other problems are fading away as well. Not worrying about the uncontrollable is a great relief. Focusing on what can be controlled in your live...most of that only includes your own personal concerns and no one else's. You will recieve peace and your energies will find a good working flow within you and could right the dysfunctions in your body. Not much more a person can say.... but that I am cheering for you and focus my healing, loving, and merciful energy your way.
May the God of your understanding work a marvelous healing through You and in your life!!
Franklin

smilingsteph

Franklin Taylor

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Cancer is an awful beast, even though it is such a stupid disease (stupid cells) it sure can be just as smart and take over.
You seem to be a wonderful person and I bet that was very hard.

I think there have been great improvements, but just not enough.
I do see many that succomb to its effects, but I have also seen miracles.

Shadowflash-
I agree what FT says about the spiritual work. I did some reasearch on Cancer Centers of America and they are really great. My friend works there and she loves it. She loves that they allow the spiritual side of health to come into play.
If your MD dosent allow, or negates your spiritual work as a adjuvant therapy then find a new MD!

Caro

Hey
sorry to hear the news. try everything modern and the complementary and yes get someone who will work with you in a positive way.

Do much to boost your immune system which also means keep a level on your stress. Dont allow anything to drain you.

I agree with some other replies dwelling too much on the difficulties in your chart may not be helpful right now.

sending lots of healing vibes - I can put you on some healing registers if you like.

not an astro reply - so apologies for that but wanted to send words of support.

very best wishes to you.

Caro

franklin taylor

Smilingsteph,
Thanks for your kindness. It was gut wrenching. I do know that she is gone to a better place and flew away from the suffering in this life. I wasn't there, but my Mom and sister says that she came back to the home place one night shortly after her passing. She probably never left since that is where she passed on. My family is somewhat sensitive to that being comprised of mostly women. Not being sexist, but women are naturally more receptive to such as most men brush such things off as not signifcant often enough. My brother has also had some visions, none of us use drugs LOL. I recently dwelled deeply (and shortly) on the possibility of my Nephew and his wife having a child since my niece had a child in December. The next day my sister told me that the couple found out they were expecting in September for an example of my openess.

As for me, my great challenges have molded me. You have only seen a more evolved part of me for certain. If they never had came about, I would just be another lackadaisical workaloholic ignoring my other side of life, bent on proving myself in this life. Often enough, challenges are meant to transform us to the real purposes in our lives. I do what I call "sleepthinking". It told me on the question of... why am I here?.."You are here to help people, not to martyr yourself, but to help. Martyring yourself is not always saving them from pain in this life. Martyring is not a will for anyone's spirit", is what a strong emotionally charged voice said to me. Mostly like it was yelling it to me in a deep rooted concern for me. It was such a freeing thing for me! The martyr issue is a deep issue to me and I was not suprised my numerology said that it was a strong issue for me as well. These revelations are very emotionally charged.. I have a headache as if I had been crying for sorrow and joy for days after these experiences. I believe it is a higher chakra being energized. Maybe the heart or crown chakra even. The intent is pure benevolence and love for everyone and everything despite who or what they are. I am still a little untrained in chakras. I feel high and very emotionally sensitive as a crying drunk for several days after the revelations. I am more loving to everyone I come in contact with. I sense some see it as a little strange, LOL, but I am not ashamed of it. Those are also some of the energies I have and want to send your way, Shadowflash, Universal Love and Benevolence!! I feel it is a higher expression of my Sun square Neptune aspect as well. Just as much as a tendency for martyring oneself is a negative one for these natives. I tend to have flashes of thinking on 4 or 5 tangents at once and they are like a circuit of voltage that I can visibly see flashing sometimes as they take my mind here and there in fractions of a second, and most of time end up on the same circuit of an idea... I am sorry. LOL. My Leo Mercury makes it easier to get it down on paper than vocalizing it.
Though I am what I am at birth, and circumstances have been painful, but they have been for my ultimate good I know these days. Our challenges, not our gifts, define us in this life. As I had said, Shadowflash, in an earlier post, the darkest night of our lives can be a required forebearer of our greatest day to follow in the dawning light

Spirituality is our greatest foundation if we work with, and not against it's will in our lives. I knew, yet resisted, for a long time my "gut" urges because I was not comfortable with them before my challenges (another negative aspect of Sun squaring Neptune, not always trusting our inner visions). I resisted and railed against the dark a long time after the challenges came. Never looking to my spiritual side or the light I do have within myself. More importantly, to an outer source that I can plug this light into. However, because of my introverted ( my numerous Cancer personal planets maybe, and the water heaviness...period in my chart) tendencies, I feel much like a "light under a bushel". All this said, I know this may make me look like a nut, but it is how I feel often enough. However, I do not care anymore.
Take care
Franklin

Frisiangal

Shadowflash said:
So I'm afraid the best I can do, looking at this astrologically...............
is recognizing that I currently have transiting Neptune (and New Moon tonight!) squaring my 24 Scorpio Sun, which is my Leo-rising chart ruler...and will soon make the same square to Mercury, N. Node and Saturn as time goes on) which to me wouldn't bode well for enduring something like chemo well, with great vitality... And at the same time, transiting Uranus is trining that same Sun and, subsequently, the other planets. This would seem to imply that I might have a better chance with sticking to progressive/alternative medicine approaches, as they're clearly Uranian...

Hello again Shadowflash,
I can understand your concern when looking at your chart and seeing those aspects that appear to be 'harsh' of nature. I have yet to see anyone take a driving test, get married, or go to the dentist, without some form of 'harsh' aspect affecting their chart, which simply implies taking up the challenge presented.

Astrology holds no built in guarantees one way or the other, that a Moon in Taurus might require to feel settled and at ease. Planetary alignment and configurations are impartial in showing how and where choices can be approached. An Uranus aspect can refer to arising stress because of unwanted change, OR mentally approaching something in an alternate fashion as a result of past experience. A Neptune aspect may refer to hidden fears because there is no clear sign ahead, just as easily as allowing faith and clarity to prevail to show the way.

It might give you some peace of mind to know that radiation treatment is considered as ruled under Uranus, and chemotherapy falls under Neptune. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Neptune is also said to rule the lymphatic system as a whole. Both transits are still activating/making harsh aspects but this doesn't need to be taken detrimentally. It's a process to be gone through that will be followed by positive aspects. Did you also notice that tr. Pluto in your 5th house is trine its natal position, tr. Saturn is sextile itself, and both transiting Saturn and Pluto wil soon positively aspect natal Uranus? Your progressed Sun in 6th will positively activate the natal water trine afterwards. That's good to know and weighs just as much as challenging aspects.

What is they say? Our greatest fear is facing fear itself? Yet Scorpio is the one sign that dares to walk where others fear to tread. Let that be your guiding strength.

The very best to you.

Frisiangal