Uranus and Pluto in the 10th House, anyone?

Waki

Okay, I have them both in the 10th and find that... very tricky to say the least.

I am interested in your experience, as a native with this configuration or as an astrologer who has seen natives with this.

So, I am born in the 1960s when these two slow planets were conjunct in Virgo. I guess anyone with them conjunct in the same house, unless a ghost from a distant century, has them in Virgo. :smile:

For me, the orb was a bit wide, 6 degrees. And they were both Retrograde.

The end result is that I do feel they make my career and vocation challenging, changing, unstable, and uncommon. That may be Uranus influence, since I am an Aquarius Sun, but that would be my main highlight.

I have had many different jobs, often worked with passion, interested in service in various forms, and never sustained one job for more than 2 years. Sometimes I lost trust in my boss and could not stand it. Sometimes I found it too hard to be the boss myself. I left many positions, sometimes forced by circumstances of being taken too much advantage of, or sort if bullied. I guess Pluto Rx doesn't make me the power monster Pluto could be. I am wary of power, though I love being empowered in the jobs I had, and think and do things the powerful way (Pluto), the right way, the most effective and efficient way (Virgo) for the benefit of who ever was meant to benefit. And I could be creative and innovative (Uranus).

So it has never been boring, rather intense --Sco rising-- but I am getting tired of it though I still very much wish to develop a meaningful career.

I am in my late 40s and still considering a new vocation! No idea which one though. I am puzzled, thinking a lot and contemplative... Very unsure and not willing to enter another bumpy ride...

Currently Jupiter is transiting my 10th, so a lot of opportunities did come up, but the square from Saturn in Sag was cooling if not freezing it all --maybe Neptune in Pisces does it too. Let's see how things turn by the end of the Jup transit...

Attachments

• Waki chart.jpg
    Waki chart.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 44

kelle

I was born in southern hemisphere in 1967 so if one reverses the signs to suit the southern hemisphere seasons this means my uranus and pluto are in pisces!! So yes there may be ghosts from other centuries who have uranus and pluto conjunct in other signs apart from VIrgo or it may be someone a little closer in time---someone from southern hemisphere. This may be an easier placement to have for these signs although I do have lots of challenges

Waki

No way, they were in Virgo in 1967. Changing hemisphere does not mean you leave planet earth!:biggrin:

Have you ever had a look at your chart? You can go to astro.com and get one. Then come back to this thread if Uranus and Pluto appear in the 10th house, considered the house of career, social impact, etc.

Well, let us know wherever they are --but definitely in Virgo, they stayed there for many years, and probably in 1967 the conjunction was quite close.

Osamenor

Staff member
So, I am born in the 1960s when these two slow planets were conjunct in Virgo. I guess anyone with them conjunct in the same house, unless a ghost from a distant century, has them in Virgo. :smile:
Or Libra, although it's a wide orb or out of orb there. From October 1971 to July 1972, Pluto was moving back and forth over the Virgo/Libra cusp, after Uranus had settled into Libra. Pluto left Virgo behind for good (this cycle, anyway) in July 1972. From November 1974 to September 1975, Uranus did the same dance over the Libra/Scorpio cusp, while Pluto remained solidly in Libra until 1983. Consequently, the majority of people born between 1971 and 1975 have both Pluto and Uranus in Libra.

The Pluto and Uranus in Libra cohort may not have such a tight conjunction, but we were born with the energy of the conjunction still reverberating. So, I think there's lots of similarity.

I'm one of the youngest of that bunch, born in August 1975, just weeks before Uranus settled into Scorpio. I have Pluto at 7 degrees Libra, H9, and Uranus at 29 degrees Libra, right past my MC. So, they're not in the same house for me, except in whole sign, but they are in the same sign, and I see lots of similarities between you and me.

The end result is that I do feel they make my career and vocation challenging, changing, unstable, and uncommon. That may be Uranus influence, since I am an Aquarius Sun, but that would be my main highlight.

I have had many different jobs, often worked with passion, interested in service in various forms, and never sustained one job for more than 2 years. Sometimes I lost trust in my boss and could not stand it. Sometimes I found it too hard to be the boss myself. I left many positions, sometimes forced by circumstances of being taken too much advantage of, or sort if bullied. I guess Pluto Rx doesn't make me the power monster Pluto could be. I am wary of power, though I love being empowered in the jobs I had, and think and do things the powerful way (Pluto), the right way, the most effective and efficient way (Virgo) for the benefit of who ever was meant to benefit. And I could be creative and innovative (Uranus).
You could just as easily be describing me. I think it's a Uranus on the MC thing, more than anything else. I don't have Pluto right there, my Uranus/MC is in Libra instead of Virgo, and I'm a solar Leo with nothing in Aquarius.

I am in my late 40s and still considering a new vocation! No idea which one though. I am puzzled, thinking a lot and contemplative... Very unsure and not willing to enter another bumpy ride...

I've decided for myself that the only way I'm ever going to have steady employment is to be self employed, but, since I don't have every trait an entrepreneur needs, I want to be self employed as part of a collective. That's taking shape right now: I'm in my final year of training as an herbalist, in the pilot class--the school was formed the year I entered. We're all about doing things differently in this group, and one thing we're planning on is having a collective, where we can pool skills and resources and work as herbalists together. And, I'm the astrologer of the bunch, so I can branch out into astrology, too.

Waki

So you are speaking about the 1970s... on this planet ... :joyful:

Definitely you should be marked by Uranus on your MC, this is no small affair! I guess that's where our charts and journeys can relate.

Good luck as a herbalist, a very nice activity that the Virgo in me appreciates very much (Virgo being fond of health service and my Uranus there endorsing the non main stream approach :smile:).

I am not sure about the Uranus Pluto conjunction though, since it is completely out of orb. Being in the same sign is a significant connection between the two, but this cannot compare with the actual conjunction of those two "monsters" --that was very violent, and they were additionnally sextile to Scorpio Neptune and opposing Chiron. Heavy, demanding, profound...

Now the key for your Libra planets would be Venus, who is the ruler of Libra, and Saturn, who is exalted in Libra. They can make the journey less hectic if well used. If they are connected to Pluto, that would strengthen what you regard as a loose conjunction that affects your career. Saturn rules the MC if one ascribeds rulership to houses.

The collective working context would suit Uranus MC in Libra very well.

Mox001

Hello, I'm Aquarius sun with Scorpio rising and Uranus-Pluto in the 10th House. Your description of your life experiences makes me feel weirdly like I'm reading something I wrote. I'm just starting to face the Pluto-Uranus issue and looking for keys to make interactions with humans just a teensy bit less painful. My astrologer friend says it's time to embrace the positive aspects of Plutonian power and quit trying to mitigate the damage through impersonal Uranus and Aquarius, because that just makes it worse. She says keeping Plutonian energy under wraps just exacerbates tensions, so acknowledging the power inherent in this aspect is the key.
I'm a bit nervous to explore this but what she says makes sense. "Everyone knows you are a Queen of the Underworld from the minute you walk into the room, whether it's conscious or not," she says. "Pretending you are not that, pretending you don't innately wield tremendous power, puts people's backs up and they don't trust you," she says. Being the powerful one in the room and admitting it or accepting it is something I've never heard before but it weirdly makes sense. I'm not an astrologer but I dabble and have infinite curiosity about this work.

I got the Pluto-Uranus talk yesterday and am still reeling. Did a search for Pluto Uranus 10th House on Google and found your post. Couldn't believe it! Even the same rising sign! So I joined the forum, and I hope to hear back from you!

Have you found a key for being... you?? :) I'm very interested to hear of your experiences and anything that has brought relief in your public and social life!

Okay, I have them both in the 10th and find that... very tricky to say the least.

I am interested in your experience, as a native with this configuration or as an astrologer who has seen natives with this.

For me, the orb was a bit wide, 6 degrees. And they were both Retrograde.

So it has never been boring, rather intense --Sco rising-- but I am getting tired of it though I still very much wish to develop a meaningful career.

Currently Jupiter is transiting my 10th, so a lot of opportunities did come up, but the square from Saturn in Sag was cooling if not freezing it all --maybe Neptune in Pisces does it too. Let's see how things turn by the end of the Jup transit...

waybread

The plain meaning would be for you to expect a lot of profound, ongoing change in your career and public image (the principal 10th house matters.)

But you've also got that opposition from Mars and a grand cross in your horoscope! I'm curious as to how you handle stress.

I think the best solution career wise is to identify one that requires the skill set of handling profound change. Also some careers are inherently Uranian or Plutonian in nature, so things may go better if you focus on a couple of them. Uranus rules aviation, space travel, modern astrology, science, and psychology.

Pluto rules mining (minerals from Pluto's realm of under the earth) and things dealing generally with death, decay, and destruction. But Pluto also has the quality of old-into-new, rebirth, and the phoenix. More practically something to do with rehabilitation, like restoring/renovating.

Another option might come from one of the fine or performing arts, where you can transmute your powerful mix of planets through a creative process.