How to read love for animals in a chart?

AppLeo

my experience has shown that neptune aspects to consicous planets give a rapport with animals and babies.

even if the indivdual is ambivalent ,animals and babies seem to be drawn to neptune's influence with conscious planets.

rahu

What's a conscious planet?? The inner planets?? Neptune aspects my Sun.

HighlyEvolved

Hi, my 6th house is empty, but it is in sign of Cancer. Our family has always had atleast one dog (sometimes two, sometimes even animals like birds and hamsters, I even had two rats throughout my growing up). Since my dad died, I have a dog of which I take care witth my BF. It is time consuming and limiting (I need to find new job, but I can't be there for 12 hours because of the dog), we got kicked out of our previous apartment, becacuse of his barking (he needed some time to relax in new environment, but noone gave a ****) but it would be very hard for me to give him to someone else. I wasn't able to take our 14 years old dog to the vet to have her put down, somebody else had to do it. I love all animals, even spiders and snakes... it is not their fault that they are scary, lol :D :) So there is definitely something to your theory.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

For small pets you have to see sixth house, connections - exchange of aspect, conjunction of aspect, placement (house wise) and their significations (signification of planes in sixth house and the house where sixth house lord has moved).

aniani

I have Venus in 6th too. I'm always told it means I love animals. I like them, but wouldn't say love them. I've never owned one in my life and don't plan to either...

Traditionally the sixth house has been associated with small animals, and this is still used a lot today. This makes sense to me because their care needs to be integrated into our daily routine. You can try to train them to be more integrated with your needs and their captivity too, which also sounds 6th house. Communication is not present and there isn't equality either, so the air houses wouldn't seem relevant. The fire and water houses don't seem to fit either because they are more symbolic in their manifestations. The animal isn't generally kept as a valuable asset (2nd) (unless you're a collector or breeder) and the animal is unlikely to play a part in your calling in life (10th).

So something like Venus or Moon well aspected in the 6th, especially in a 'loving' sign like Cancer, Pisces or Leo, would seem to fit.

But obviously the whole chart had to be considered as well. What do you think about it?

Venus Pisces in the 6th - been a vegetarian since I was 9. Currently have 3 pedigree cats, but I would have dogs and rabbits and horses and all sorts if I could.

Animals shouldn't be bred and slaughtered in factories they way they are. They have a right to life and a right to not die screaming. The innocent spirit of love that animals have, and the lesson this can teach us, is enough of an indicator that animals should be worshipped, not slaughtered.

rahu

Banned
Hi AW members:

How to read love for animals in a chart? what aspects indicates that a native loves animals???

a strong Neptune in a chart usually shows a affinity for animals and babies, even if the native is not overly fond of animals or babies.
any harmonious moon or venus aspect to Neptune usually shows a love of animals and babies in general
rahu

AppLeo

a strong Neptune in a chart usually shows a affinity for animals and babies, even if the native is not overly fond of animals or babies.
any harmonious moon or venus aspect to Neptune usually shows a love of animals and babies in general
rahu

What's a conscious planet??

airy

I've heard that earth moons are linked to loving nature. Mine is in Taurus and I simply adore my pets, I own two cats, two dogs three birds and two horses.

I love animals and I have taken part in animal activism. I have the same sun, moon and asc (libra/gem/sag) as Brigitte Bardot who is an animal activist. :lol: We both have sun in 9th house conjunct MC in Libra.

Andrea_

I will use myself as an example, maybe it helps figure out your own chat indicators as I feel like many cookbook definitions don't apply to me.

I have had a love for animals and nature ever since little; but also drive to learn about them in multiple ways, among which scientifically.
My photography concentrates on wildlife, landscapes, symbolic and macro though any interesting scene catches my eye, naturally, even if urban.
In the drawings/sculptures that I do I always chose animal forms as I do not like the humans ones too much. I always took a protective stance towards the concept of 'animal rights' (which in many countries including my own had none up until like 2006-2008 and I have come across many unsightly things done by people to animals or trees)
My current degree/job are linked to that.

But the most important of these is, animals have always approached or felt calm in my presence without food involved. From plenty of stray dogs and cats to birds and what were considered to be 'crazy' horses; and wild snakes and lizards. I can somehow inspire the idea that I'm not going to eat them when handling them or letting them pass by very close.

Some people claim to feel that my presence in calming as well; I have good affinity towards young people/kids and worked with them in various settings/camps.

I would absolutely love to interact first-hand with animals considered highly intelligent such as elephants, dolphins and monkeys. However, it comes to that only: INTERACTION and learning, not owning, I highly value freedom myself and I would feel the urge to give it to them as well if the space I have is limiting in any way.

My chart is what is called a Bundle type with most planets in one place (Western part of the chart), but could be called Bucket due to my interesting Lilith position; though it is not a planet in itself so it's on another level. Lilith opposes Sun from the Eastern hemisphere 6th House in Cancer and inconjuncts Pluto, Moon, Uranus and Venus.

My Jupiter is well placed in what is called 'hayz', residing in the 12th House of Sagittarius above the horizon in a daylight chart and near the galactic center, conjunct Sun (also in the 12th but in Capricorn) and possibly Ascendant (unsure about minute of birth).

My 1st House is packed full with 6 planets that span across 2 signs (Capricorn and Aquarius) in conjunction/parallelism to each other, Pars Fortunae and an asteroid.

Neptune in Capricorn is sexile and thus in mutual reception with Saturn in Psices. Since Neptune and Saturn only mainly have sextiles and conjunctions to my personal planets and asc/midhaven/nn then maybe this energy projects the sense of stability/clarity of thought that I have myself which calms others. I can also efficiently communicate through body language and interpret sound/posture/state of mind hints which is pretty huge when dealing with animals or closed-up people in general. Most of all, the 'secret' is your position towards them; as long as you're not there to seek to gain advantage from them and only, they will naturally open up and help you when you need it, thus enabling you to learn amazing lessons. We are talking about interaction/appreciation vs. desire to OWN. I see giving independence and love as one of the greatest things, as opposed o taking something away to make it dependant on you for profit; monetary, ego, status, however it might be. It's all in your heart and mind. And I'm not talking about annoying 'awww smoochie oochie' sounds and all-day-round human pampering, that's human BS concept of 'proper care' and it annoys me like hell because it has nothing to do with real care or noticing if something is wrong or correcting bad behaviour.

Neptune is in both my Mars Merc Uranus Neptune stellium (at a 5 degrees orb) and also in my Neptune Uranus Moon Venus stellium (but at an 8 degrees orb).

My Moon and Venus in the 1st in Aquarius are sextiled by Pluto in the 11th.

So both my 12th and 6th Houses have some representatives in them, however everything is focused by the energy of my 1st, 2nd and 10th houses; though even more accurately would be to involve my NN in he 9th as trips both close and overseas have always been present brought by chance (not just random holidays because awwww look i have money to throw) and I absolutely love learning about the world and interacting with various people (and speaking more than 2 languages -natal and English-). There we go, a more complete picture.

Do tell if your chart has anything similar :) Sorry, I don't like attaching my chart.

Coming from what I have noticed in other people, luminaries (sun, moon) in mutable signs (Sagittarius, Virgo, Pisces) display good affinity with animals and children (as long as they don't develop phobias), and care for them.

Last edited:

LushBomb

Hi there,

I can describe most of the same experiences. I've always worked with troubled animals from horses and cattle to the tiniest rodents and reptiles & birds galore. I tend to find that that's a bit of a misnomer- it's normally the people associated in a given situation who are in need of "retraining". While fish tend not to be 'troubled', they are given to me quite frequently by others. I've been given fishtank by a customer in the middle of a shift before. I've been asked if I'm properly licensed to adopt a hawk completely out of the blue. "Why me?" Always gets kind of a shrug, people dont seem to know why they've asked me. The list goes on.

Beyond this, I can't go months without finding some form of creature that is sick or injured and in need of help. Workers from our local agencies will often flatly tell you that the animal is likely to get better attention with you than at their kennel (especially when it is a wild animal that's deemed 'undesireable' by folks, such as rats or possums). The resignation is unsettling.

Stray animals wander up to me frequently as well (often stray dogs, which terrifies my husband who is still getting used to all of it), they'll come up for a pet and stay a moment before moving on about their day usually.

My own dog has a strikingly good command of the English language and can understand nuances that weren't laboriously trained. She knows the difference between a ball, bone, or toy (items that dont fit the previous two categories like ropes, tires, etc.) I speak to her in full sentences & she is able to execute complex, multi-phase instructions. I could keep going on about her forever, I find her absolutely incredible :) As we all should feel about our pals.
Anyway. I tend to think this is mostly a reflection of Rocha's intelligence. And it's not so much that she can do these things as much as that I never "trained" her to. Other people insist that my communications are better understood not just by Rocha, but their animals too and that is why she has been able to learn these things passively.

Aside from this others will tell you that I'm great with children as well. I've spent much of my life teaching and working with children, sometimes children and animals together. I've spent years working with disabled children through a therapeutic riding program. I tend to be at ease with kids that bother others (chatterbox, hyperactive, day-dreamy, distracted). I find these traits natural (even for adults) and I dont understand how society can impose rather rigorous standards of behavior on someone who is in the early stages of understanding their environment.

Anyway, all of the above is simply first-hand anecdotal experience and a collection of comments that are unusally frequent from others. What really interested me to post was the fact that I have searched for information about relative positions re: love for animals for a very long time. People don't seem to have paid much attention to this. Perhaps because animals were more functional than friend during the medieval and ancient times in which traditional techniques were founded?

TLDR;
Ditto the experiences. Lol

Chart is attached, but feel free to read the following in summary.

I have no luminaries in mutable signs. In fact, my sun and moon are conjunct in Aquarius, a fixed human sign.
The only body that falls into Saggitarius is Vertex.
Saggitarius (ruler of hooved animals) rules my 6th house, though 6th house rules animals typically smaller tha goat. I did have a pig as a house pet. I would find 6hSag describes my work habits mainly and the fact that I have a fairly robust resistance to disease.
Jupiter is in my 4th house. That tends to expand the home itself & provides many moveable vehicles.
Venus in Aquarius
Neptune in Capricorn & Saturn in Pisces but they share no aspect. I dont think Neptune in Cap can carry weight in this personal of a matter. Neptune describes a generation. Aspects to Neptune, sure. But I don't think placement in Cap describes anything personal.
Asc= Cancer with an empty 1h.
Part of Fortune H12

Ceres 10h Taurus * Have any of you a prominently placed Ceres (by house)? I didn't see her mentioned here.
10h Ceres can describe professions with a nurturing or feeding aspect. Ive also read that it can cause others to come to you for nurturing while out in public; boss may come for nurturing at work - regardless of whether the native is into it or not.
For me that position explains a lot. I have a direct quintile between Sun & Ceres which describes that responding to being approached for nuturing tends to be an intrinsic part of my ego. I derive pleasure from feeding and caring for others. Perhaps without that position others approaches would be seen as more of a burden?

I'd be interested to know about your Ceres placement/aspects.

Attachments

• astro_2ata_anonymous_hp.79890.17044.jpg
    astro_2ata_anonymous_hp.79890.17044.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 24

Cary2

Banned
Hi there,

I can describe most of the same experiences. I've always worked with troubled animals from horses and cattle to the tiniest rodents and reptiles & birds galore. I tend to find that that's a bit of a misnomer- it's normally the people associated in a given situation who are in need of "retraining". While fish tend not to be 'troubled', they are given to me quite frequently by others. I've been given fishtank by a customer in the middle of a shift before. I've been asked if I'm properly licensed to adopt a hawk completely out of the blue. "Why me?" Always gets kind of a shrug, people dont seem to know why they've asked me. The list goes on.

Beyond this, I can't go months without finding some form of creature that is sick or injured and in need of help. Workers from our local agencies will often flatly tell you that the animal is likely to get better attention with you than at their kennel (especially when it is a wild animal that's deemed 'undesireable' by folks, such as rats or possums). The resignation is unsettling.

Stray animals wander up to me frequently as well (often stray dogs, which terrifies my husband who is still getting used to all of it), they'll come up for a pet and stay a moment before moving on about their day usually.

My own dog has a strikingly good command of the English language and can understand nuances that weren't laboriously trained. She knows the difference between a ball, bone, or toy (items that dont fit the previous two categories like ropes, tires, etc.) I speak to her in full sentences & she is able to execute complex, multi-phase instructions. I could keep going on about her forever, I find her absolutely incredible :) As we all should feel about our pals.
Anyway. I tend to think this is mostly a reflection of Rocha's intelligence. And it's not so much that she can do these things as much as that I never "trained" her to. Other people insist that my communications are better understood not just by Rocha, but their animals too and that is why she has been able to learn these things passively.

Aside from this others will tell you that I'm great with children as well. I've spent much of my life teaching and working with children, sometimes children and animals together. I've spent years working with disabled children through a therapeutic riding program. I tend to be at ease with kids that bother others (chatterbox, hyperactive, day-dreamy, distracted). I find these traits natural (even for adults) and I dont understand how society can impose rather rigorous standards of behavior on someone who is in the early stages of understanding their environment.

Anyway, all of the above is simply first-hand anecdotal experience and a collection of comments that are unusally frequent from others. What really interested me to post was the fact that I have searched for information about relative positions re: love for animals for a very long time. People don't seem to have paid much attention to this. Perhaps because animals were more functional than friend during the medieval and ancient times in which traditional techniques were founded?

TLDR;
Ditto the experiences. Lol

Chart is attached, but feel free to read the following in summary.

I have no luminaries in mutable signs. In fact, my sun and moon are conjunct in Aquarius, a fixed human sign.
The only body that falls into Saggitarius is Vertex.
Saggitarius (ruler of hooved animals) rules my 6th house, though 6th house rules animals typically smaller tha goat. I did have a pig as a house pet. I would find 6hSag describes my work habits mainly and the fact that I have a fairly robust resistance to disease.
Jupiter is in my 4th house. That tends to expand the home itself & provides many moveable vehicles.
Venus in Aquarius
Neptune in Capricorn & Saturn in Pisces but they share no aspect. I dont think Neptune in Cap can carry weight in this personal of a matter. Neptune describes a generation. Aspects to Neptune, sure. But I don't think placement in Cap describes anything personal.
Asc= Cancer with an empty 1h.
Part of Fortune H12

Ceres 10h Taurus * Have any of you a prominently placed Ceres (by house)? I didn't see her mentioned here.
10h Ceres can describe professions with a nurturing or feeding aspect. Ive also read that it can cause others to come to you for nurturing while out in public; boss may come for nurturing at work - regardless of whether the native is into it or not.
For me that position explains a lot. I have a direct quintile between Sun & Ceres which describes that responding to being approached for nuturing tends to be an intrinsic part of my ego. I derive pleasure from feeding and caring for others. Perhaps without that position others approaches would be seen as more of a burden?

I'd be interested to know about your Ceres placement/aspects.

I think that Neptune conjunct Desc and Uranus together is not generational. It qualifies as angular.

Humanitarian

Neptune in Libra-->Venus in Aquarius-->Uranus in Gemini-->Mercury in Pisces--->Neptune in Libra
They're drawn to me because they feel the love
I'm not an obedience-trainer! :lol:
I like your Mercury-Neptune mutual reception, and I think that you can communicate telepathically with animals, since you have a Neptune in Libra in 9th, and the 9th house is the turned 4th house of the 6th house, so animals are drawn to your Neptunian presence as it sounds like home to them. Your Neptune is dominant also (Sun, ASC, Mercury, Mars ALL in Pisces, and Moon, Venus ALL in Aquarius, the sign that Neptune is exalted in according to AstroSeek's dominance calculayor). Were you an environmentalist by any chance, David?