Am I Supposed to Meet this Mysterious Person?

bittermoon

Background: I go for a long walk every day. Most of the time right on the beach behind my house. It's usually very quiet. Just the occasional person walking their dog or some fishermen. I keep on seeing this one man there and I'm getting strange vibes off of him. Not bad ones, but as if he has something to say to me, but when I make eye contact with him, he looks at me very briefly and then looks away.

I put up this horary chart a few weeks ago and tried to read it. I got stuck and left it and also, I had discovered another area to walk in so I skipped my regular beach and did not see him. However, the last few days I've been back and I see him every day there again, and not always at the same time, either. I've also seen him at the train station and at the grocery store. His clothes indicate to me that he's not a local, but a traveler.

My question is, am I supposed to meet/talk to this person?

I am completely new to horary and in the very early stages of learning. I understand that I am Jupiter, but who is he? He is 'another person' so could be the 7th house, but he's not a romantic or business partner, he's a stranger. Should he then be represented by the 12th house and therefore Venus?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• horary1.jpg
    horary1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 33

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary delineation and uses whole sign house format)

-you = 1st house = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-he = (I follow Al-Biruni here and take the 7th to signify "the other", regardless) = 7th house = Gemini = Mercury
-he #2: but one might rather want to take the House of the Unknown (old time name for the 12th) which-in whole sign format-is under Scorpio which = Mars
-he (as 7th) posits the South Node, which is a definite "no" to your question (if we do in fact take the 7th to signify him) = - testimony
-he #2 (12th) as Mars: Mars flows toward Jupiter (an interest of some kind by him in you?) however Mars/Jupiter make no (hermetic) aspect: one is + testimony, the other - testimony, so here we have a net neutral indication
-Moon (your co-significator) flows away from Mars, Mercury (and Jupiter) = - testimony
-Moon makes no aspect to Mercury (that's him IF we take the 7th as significator), which = - testimony
-however, Moon applies to a sextile with Mars (he #2 as signified by the 12th house) which is + testimony
-Mercury (if we take the 7th as signifying him) makes no aspect to Jupiter (you) = - testimony

Adding up the indications
a) if we take him as being signified by the 7th house (this is what I would do) we get all - testimonies, so a "no" answer to the question
b) if we take him as being signified by the 12th house (Mars significator) then we get a net 0 (neutral) result of the testimonies, which comes down to saying "maybe"

(Note: using the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball astro-divination method, taking either the 7th to signify him or the 12th to signify him results in a "no" answer:
-Scorpio on the 12th whole sign house = Mars = no, by the 8 Ball rules
-Gemini on the 7th whole sign house posits the South Node, which is also a no answer according to the 8 Ball technique)

bittermoon

You are quick, dr. Farr. Thanks so much for your reading. I will continue to do my walks and listen to my music and just be like I have been doing instead of wondering about this person.

Thanks again, your quick response is much appreciated.

dr. farr

The initiator of action makes all the difference: I took the implication from your question being if you (as the active individual in the matter) were supposed to talk/meet him (he as the receiver of your action)-of course that is the way I understood the implication of the question; regardless the delineation of the chart would remain the same: however, since I don't believe in "fate" (ie, that you are not "fated" to ever meet him), and since horaries only apply to a circumscribed period of time, it is entirely possible that, some time in the future, the indications of such a meeting could (might) change.

bittermoon

Aha, okay, I see what you mean. It does give the original question a slightly different angle, but as the answer remains the same, it is not relevant at this time.

I posted the chart because I was quite surprised to see him again. The place where I live at the moment is not a place regular 'backpackers' would hang around. There really is no reason to be on that beach, unless you live here but I'm pretty sure he's not from here and quite possibly not Australian, either.

If he's still around in a few weeks and I'm still getting those strange vibes, I'll ask the question if he's supposed to approach me.

Thanks again.

bittermoon

Update: he actually did approach me, which surprised me as he's very shy (Pisces Sun, Cancer Rising). As it turns out, back home we're 'neighbours' and he has now gone back home (he was in Australia to take a course, I work here temporarily). I might be able to help him when he comes back later this year, even though I will most probably be gone by then.

dr. farr

Thanks for the update: I did get a vague indication that it was to be up to him to approach you, rather than the other way around. Glad it turned out well for both of you!

RayAustin

I think this question is problematic. I don't think questions using "supposed" are good for horary--that involves things like fate/destiny/karma which don't work in horary. The chart is going to show you what's going to happen/would happen, whether it's "supposed" to or not. In short there's no technique to tell if something is "supposed" to happen.

Last edited: