Transiting Pluto square with natal Lunar Nodes

AquaT

Hey all,

I’m new here but wanted to invite some opinions about current transits against my natal chart. I’ve had a very tumultuous few years full of a lot of change in regards to my mental health etc. However since the beginning of the year I have begun to explore my spirituality in many ways which has helped so much with my outlook and I finally feel like I’m beginning to touch on my true self which has been tucked away for a long time.

When looking at the current planetary positions I noticed that Pluto is square with my natal lunar nodes (NN is libra/8th leaving SN in Aries/2nd). From my basic understanding I take this as Pluto representing a deep transformation or change and I perhaps need to look towards resolving the lunar node polarity to facilitate this change?

I’d appreciate if someone could help me elaborate further on this and understanding what karmic lesson that the lunar nodes in these signs/houses represent and any other information with specific relation to my own natal chart. Or perhaps any other relevant interpretations from my chart which could point towards some point of change in my life or where I could focus my efforts.

Here is a copy of my natal chart with the current planetary positions on the outside: https://imgur.com/a/GpakFvJ

Looking forward to chatting!

Flapjacks

From first glance, at least, NN speaks to a need for balance concerning resources that is not blinded by egoistic self-interest or over-reliance on others. There might be a misunderstanding about 'give and take' from this dynamic. It's all giving, or all taking - either in reality, or more often by perception. Or to put it another way, there is a need/concern with the sharp division between 'mine' and 'yours' that sometimes becomes extrapolated to an abstract 'ours' and 'theirs', or a desire that no such division should exist at all.

With Mercury square the nodes, you may be constantly working to resolve this tension, but it might be an unconscious process with Neptune conjunct Mercury in the 12th. Transit Pluto conjunct natal Mercury signals (internal or external) changes that will have a strong impact on your thinking, perhaps bringing much of the hidden and uncomfortable patterns of thought to light.

Anyway, that would be my interpretation. I'm not the most experienced. :tongue:

AquaT

Flapjacks,

Thanks for taking a look, you’ve been most helpful! Your interpretation definitely fits my current situation. I would say I have an outwardly giving nature but have always been plagued by an undercurrent of quite selfish thoughts which I’ve been very much unconscious of and didn’t acknowledge and consequently suppressed until relatively recently when I was thrust into major change in my life that left me face to face with these thoughts.

So I suppose that transit Pluto has facilitated a transformative external experience which if I embrace and work though will bring about positive change? Thank you again, your interpretation is spot on when looked at next to my current circumstances!

AquaT

I was just reading a blog post in regards healing from stress and trauma using astrology which talked about how Pluto/Scorpio in our charts can represent resilience and regeneration and point towards areas of focus or types of people to turn for help during this these times. Interestingly, in my natal chart I have Pluto in the 9th house which also has Scorpio on the cusp which in my case would point towards spirituality, higher learning and spiritual teachers, gurus, motivational speakers and such. Over the last year or my intuition has guided me to these areas and I have felt such a sense of comfort when reading and learning about these things. I love when I find that placement line up with my reality! :biggrin: