What's up with Gemini?

Witchyone

Got to ask this, say if gemini has too sides : where are the two sides? The asc and moon sign? Any other ideas?

The duality of Gemini doesn't depend on other placements. If you have a Gemini sun, the duality is contained within the sun. If you have a Gemini moon, the duality is contained with the moon, and so on.

I've been guilty before of joking around about the two personalities thing, myself, but it's not really accurate. In fact, I say I have several personalities because how I think and behave is so dependent on my mood. :bandit: But the duality of Gemini isn't really about being two people or having an evil twin. It's about the philosophical definition of duality, and specifically, uniting the body and the spirit.

http://www.livingspiritcommunity.net/Education/Archives/FollowtheSun/Sign-Archetypes/Gemini.html

ardentika

The negative traits of Gemini are well established, and sociopathy is not one of them.

They are anxiousness, inability to make decisions, flightiness, fickleness, avoidance of expressing emotions, using words as weapons. The mental illnesses associated with negative Gemini energy are anxiety and ADHD type illnesses.

I think it's bad astrology to base your opinion of a sun sign on a couple people you've met, particularly if you're going to attribute something as serious as tendency to sociopathy.

I don't think it's bad astrology to base opinions on observations based on sun sign. Astrology IS based on observations, and as I said, sun signs tend to be underlooked, when they are quite important. It's not like I'm saying all Gemini are sociopaths, as I said that's ignorant. Also sociopathy isn't all that serious, it's propagandized to be serious but it's not. There are gazillions of sociopaths that lead a normal and decent lives. People that are quite brilliant are sociopaths too. A sociopath is usually a very very smart and intelligent person, which often tilts the scales and logic rules over emotions. I don't know why this is badly labeled, and why people think all sociopaths kill kittens and people :D

Also I gave example of just ONE person who legit fits a sociopath description. The rest have this tendency, a tendency is something mild and light hearted. No reason to get offended or picky here.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
However does that mean Virgo and Gemini get along well? They are pretty similair, since both ruled by Mercury. Both anxious, overthinking, good memory, chatty, knowledgeable. Does Virgo has the sudden change of heart? Virgos CAN be really mean too with their critics. But it's different from Gemini's.

In my experience, not really, on couple of counts:

1. Children don't like to be criticized as it hampers the fun, and criticism deflates their self-esteem. What Virgo calls discernment is quite judgmental for the spontaneous Gemini. Like pouring a cold bucket of water over their fun ideas and playfulness. What happens when you quench a child's enthusiasm and sparkly spirit? They get sad and despondent.

2. Virgos need to serve and Gemini need to be independent. Gemini simply doesn't need Virgo. Appreciation is missing from Gemini and the Virgo's need to serve is unfulfilled. Virgos do better with more utilitarian signs like Cappy and Scorp, who are also thick skinned enough to handle the nagging and critiques.
And Gemini really just want a playmate--not a practical servant or worrywart--which they find in Leo, Libra, Aqua, Aries...

3. Pettiness, pettiness, pettiness. Pure Virgo and Virgo stellium are way into detail. They can become very petty. Gemini can be scattered and moves onto new things extremely fast. With speed and flight tend to make a lot of small 'mistakes', which Virgo can't overlook, and Gemini won't care or even remember. Gemini will think the Virgo too petty, and Virgo will think the Gemini all sorts of flaws. It can become very negative very fast.

Pure energy goes, I don't think they can stand each other.

The only commonality is intelligence and interactions on a superficial, intellectual level. On that front they can share information and appreciate the acquaintance-ship.

Other signs in the chart will counteract it though. Like Moon in Cancer sextile Moon in Virgo, Mercury in Cancer sextile Mercury in Virgo, Mars in Taurus trine Mars in Virgo, etc.

Last edited:

Witchyone

I don't think it's bad astrology to base opinions on observations based on sun sign. Astrology IS based on observations, and as I said, sun signs tend to be underlooked, when they are quite important. It's not like I'm saying all Gemini are sociopaths, as I said that's ignorant. Also sociopathy isn't all that serious, it's propagandized to be serious but it's not. There are gazillions of sociopaths that lead a normal and decent lives. People that are quite brilliant are sociopaths too. A sociopath is usually a very very smart and intelligent person, which often tilts the scales and logic rules over emotions. I don't know why this is badly labeled, and why people think all sociopaths kill kittens and people :D

Also I gave example of just ONE person who legit fits a sociopath description. The rest have this tendency, a tendency is something mild and light hearted. No reason to get offended or picky here.

Astrology is not anecdotal. It's a system built over time and agreed upon in varying degrees by practitioners like any discipline.

There is nothing light-hearted about sociopathy. By definition, it is bad.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/sociopathy

"Sociopathy is an informal term that refers to a pattern of antisocial behavior and attitudes. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), sociopathy is most closely represented by Antisocial Personality Disorder. Outwardly, those described as sociopaths may appear disturbed but can also show signs of caring, sincerity, and trustworthiness. In fact, they are manipulative, often lie, lack empathy, and have a weak conscience that allows them to act recklessly or aggressively, even when they know their behavior is wrong."

Geminis do NOT have a tendency to this, and the argument does offend me. This doesn't mean you didn't meet ONE Gemini who fits the definition, although the fact that you defined psychopathy, not sociopathy, makes me question that you even know what sociopathy is.

One more edit: I am not trying to attack you. I realize I'm being quite forceful with my argument against this, and it is very much not personal about you. I know that people look things up about astrology, casually, and will come across threads like this and use it as their astrology source. Sociopathy is not more typical in one sun sign than another.

Last edited:

Witchyone

\
3. Pettiness, pettiness, pettiness. Pure Virgo and Virgo stellium are way into detail. They can become very petty. Gemini can be scattered and moves onto new things extremely fast. With speed and flight tend to make a lot of small 'mistakes', which Virgo can't overlook, and Gemini won't care or even remember. Gemini will think the Virgo too petty, and Virgo will think the Gemini all sorts of flaws. It can become very negative very fast.

This made me laugh because it describes my childhood relationship with my Virgo sister. :tongue::love: We have learned to appreciate one another in adulthood.

blacksun?

You severely underestimate the sharp edge of Mercury.

No sign is inherently light. All is cosmic pressure.

I have two Geminis in my family, and they are both heavy handed and aggressively dominant. One justifies it with a great sense of justice, the other rather likes to bring people to ruin.

Aldebaran is in Gemini.

blacksun?

It is true that both excel at humouring. But when they don't feel like that, they are hash like a sledgehammer. Indeed they do not seem aware of their violence at all.

This lack of awareness is a precursor to sociopathy.

blacksun?

Gadaffi, who arguably wasn' as bad as the forces that connived to take him down and turned Libya into an open slave market, but still not exactly a completely un-sociopathic guy, has Sun smack in the middle of Gemini.

ZF4jZmc3AKOvAGEEBKD0AmHjZQNjZGNjZQNj.png

I love Gemini. But I find its only redemption from that wishy-washiness is its ability to completely focus on a purpose and not let any arguments interfere. Gemini understands logic so well that it knows yo distrust it where matters of the heart are concerned. And it will often end up using others trust in reason to their advantage, they will keep stalling you in arguments by simply holding to a position even though you just refuted it - just watch...

Witchyone

You severely underestimate the sharp edge of Mercury.

No sign is inherently light. All is cosmic pressure.

I have two Geminis in my family, and they are both heavy handed and aggressively dominant. One justifies it with a great sense of justice, the other rather likes to bring people to ruin.

Aldebaran is in Gemini.

Who said Gemini was all light? I said that we're not prone to sociopathy.

katydid

Being a Scorpio with a Cap Moon, I rarely hung out with, or had close relationships with any Geminis. I had a Gemini cousin and she and I were like Oil and water.

I thought my daughter was going to be born a Taurus, and it would fit well with my husband and my Taurus rising, and our sons Taurus Moon.

But she held on to be born under the sign of Gemini. :innocent:

And she and I have an exact Sun quincunx Sun, to emphasize the point. :sideways:

I LOVE that Gemini energy now. Her teen years, that wasn't so fun for me, but for her, YES. She loved being the energetic social butterfly, questioning authority, learning and growing.

Since her birth 26 yrs ago, I have learned a lot about Gemini energy and it is much different than I had originally thought it was. There is more depth than I realized. She does not always verbalize the depth of her knowledge but it goes much deeper than she lets on at times.

I have been amazed at the way she tackles life's challenges and how she presents herself to the world. She is intelligent, perceptive, a very quick learner, enthusiastic and very talented. She makes a good first impression upon others, and finds herself hired in new jobs, given new opportunities, that she might have been 'unqualified' for. But Her Gemini, Sag rising, Aquarian Moon persona has given her the ability to take those opportunities head on and shine. She surprised me, the way she learned to listen, absorb the knowledge and give them a creative, unique product in return. She has had several recent promotions and job opportunities, possibly because of her natal Jupiter in the 10th--although it is in Virgo in it's fall. :whistling:

Gemini energy has taught me a lot. My Scorpio/Cap self wanted to be a controlling, domineering Mommy. My Gemini/Aquarius girl made that all but impossible. We did have a very close relationship though because my Venus is EXACTLY on top of her Sag Ascendant. That saved us from the Sun/Sun quincunx, I believe. lol:happy:

Even though we argued and weren't always on the same page, she always knew I had her best interests at heart, even if I was 'dead wrong' as she liked to say. lol

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Since her birth 26 yrs ago, I have learned a lot about Gemini energy and it is much different than I had originally thought it was. There is more depth than I realized. She does not always verbalize the depth of her knowledge but it goes much deeper than she lets on at times.

I have been amazed at the way she tackles life's challenges and how she presents herself to the world. She is intelligent, perceptive, a very quick learner, enthusiastic and very talented. She makes a good first impression upon others, and finds herself hired in new jobs, given new opportunities, that she might have been 'unqualified' for. But Her Gemini, Sag rising, Aquarian Moon persona has given her the ability to take those opportunities head on and shine. She surprised me...

Gemini energy has taught me a lot. My Scorpio/Cap self wanted to be a controlling, domineering Mommy. My Gemini/Aquarius girl made that all but impossible. We did have a very close relationship though because my Venus is EXACTLY on top of her Sag Ascendant. That saved us from the Sun/Sun quincunx, I believe. lol:happy:

That sounds so sweet. Gemini's are born to surprise, kinda like a dark horse depending on what other signs supports that quick mercurial nature. But I do think a lot of the creativity and fixity here are derived from the Aquarian moon. Gemini (and to an extent Sag) needs some fixed signs to anchor their ever changing natures. Otherwise they never finish anything :lol:

blacksun?

"Gadaffi, who arguably wasn' as bad as the forces that connived to take him down and turned Libya into an open slave market, but still not exactly a completely un-sociopathic guy, has Sun smack in the middle of Gemini."

" they will keep stalling you in arguments by simply holding to a position even though you just refuted it - just watch..."

Who said Gemini was all light? I said that we're not prone to sociopathy.

:tongue::tongue:

Witchyone

"Gadaffi, who arguably wasn' as bad as the forces that connived to take him down and turned Libya into an open slave market, but still not exactly a completely un-sociopathic guy, has Sun smack in the middle of Gemini."

" they will keep stalling you in arguments by simply holding to a position even though you just refuted it - just watch..."

:tongue::tongue:

Being argumentative isn't being sociopathic. Words mean things. They have definitions.

For example, do you understand what the word "prone" means? I never said there was never a sociopathic Gemini. I said that Geminis are not prone to sociopathy. It's ridiculous that we're even having this discussion.

Here's an example of a "psycho" (don't know the strict definition they're using, but it fits with your
Gadaffi example of one from each sun sign). Any sign can be a sociopath.
https://www.thetalko.com/12-famous-psychos-based-on-their-zodiac-signs/

Also, tell me how I'm stalling. I'm directly addressing the arguments, including yours.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Sociopathy has absolutely nothing to do with Sun Signs. The signs are just a lens where the personality structure shines through.

If we were to use Sun Signs as mere symbolism for sociopathy, the spot would no doubt go to Scorpio, not Gemini. The sign Scorpio, by its very nature, are born a certain way and have much personal challenges (jealousy, power-seeking, secretiveness, paranoia, manipulation) to control and overcome. The closer you get, the more evident the personal challenges are. But then, I would never say all Scorpios are Sociopathic or all Scorpios are evil. That would just be silly. Same goes to Gemini.

Sociopathy is a lack of empathy and conscience. You would need the whole chart and aspects to determine that.

Last edited:

ardentika

Astrology is not anecdotal. It's a system built over time and agreed upon in varying degrees by practitioners like any discipline.

There is nothing light-hearted about sociopathy. By definition, it is bad.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/sociopathy

"Sociopathy is an informal term that refers to a pattern of antisocial behavior and attitudes. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), sociopathy is most closely represented by Antisocial Personality Disorder. Outwardly, those described as sociopaths may appear disturbed but can also show signs of caring, sincerity, and trustworthiness. In fact, they are manipulative, often lie, lack empathy, and have a weak conscience that allows them to act recklessly or aggressively, even when they know their behavior is wrong."

Geminis do NOT have a tendency to this, and the argument does offend me. This doesn't mean you didn't meet ONE Gemini who fits the definition, although the fact that you defined psychopathy, not sociopathy, makes me question that you even know what sociopathy is.

One more edit: I am not trying to attack you. I realize I'm being quite forceful with my argument against this, and it is very much not personal about you. I know that people look things up about astrology, casually, and will come across threads like this and use it as their astrology source. Sociopathy is not more typical in one sun sign than another.

It looks to me you are not familiar with sociopathy. Anti social behavior is reffered for a behavior that's outside the humanly accepted norm for a "social" behavior. Also sociopathy has many sub categories, narcissism is also sometimes misjudged for sociopathy. But that's a personality trait basically of someone being an *******.

Gemini itself is an energy that has highs and lows. Just like Capricorn and Scorpio are connected with darkness, they too exhibit light. Same goes for all signs.

You shouldn't be consirned of what people are gonna read because people will always understand as much as their mind allows them to. No one here is actually saying "All Geminis are sociopaths. Period." and yet you make it seem like that.

All I was saying is that Gemini, the sign itself is eqquiped with the tools, which used unwisely, can lead to anti social behavior. Gemini is an air sign and is not the most feeling or emotional energy. A Scorpio might do a social "crime" based on revenge and manipulation. Revenge speaks of emotions, nasty, but emotions. Scorpio would do it to actually hurt someone and get satisfaction from that. Gemini is more prone to do that social "crime" in order to get what they want and meet their desired goals regardless of who gets hurt in the way. That happens when logic overpowers emotions. Gemini is all about balance and choices. If they let the logic overpower common sense and empathy, their actions and methods can be seen as sociopathic or even narcissistic. Also it's been long argued if psychopathy and sociopathy are the same thing or distinct disorders. Some say they are the same others beg the differ.

Witchyone

It looks to me you are not familiar with sociopathy. Anti social behavior is reffered for a behavior that's outside the humanly accepted norm for a "social" behavior. Also sociopathy has many sub categories, narcissism is also sometimes misjudged for sociopathy. But that's a personality trait basically of someone being an *******.

Gemini itself is an energy that has highs and lows. Just like Capricorn and Scorpio are connected with darkness, they too exhibit light. Same goes for all signs.

You shouldn't be consirned of what people are gonna read because people will always understand as much as their mind allows them to. No one here is actually saying "All Geminis are sociopaths. Period." and yet you make it seem like that.

All I was saying is that Gemini, the sign itself is eqquiped with the tools, which used unwisely, can lead to anti social behavior. Gemini is an air sign and is not the most feeling or emotional energy. A Scorpio might do a social "crime" based on revenge and manipulation. Revenge speaks of emotions, nasty, but emotions. Scorpio would do it to actually hurt someone and get satisfaction from that. Gemini is more prone to do that social "crime" in order to get what they want and meet their desired goals regardless of who gets hurt in the way. That happens when logic overpowers emotions. Gemini is all about balance and choices. If they let the logic overpower common sense and empathy, their actions and methods can be seen as sociopathic or even narcissistic. Also it's been long argued if psychopathy and sociopathy are the same thing or distinct disorders. Some say they are the same others beg the differ.

As long as you aren't suggesting that Geminis are more likely to be sociopaths (or psychopaths) than any other sun sign, we have no disagreement. I took that to be the main point of your thread, but maybe I misinterpreted. If you are arguing that, well, that's your prerogative, but I strongly disagree and think there is a lack of evidence for that idea.

It's true that experts aren't in total agreement about the definitions, but they have been coalescing around definitions the past 10 or so years based on research. Until further research suggests otherwise, I use definitions similar to the ones summed up in this blog:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Here's an older Time article that uses pretty much the same definitions: http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/14/understanding-the-psychopathic-mind/

As an aside, I think it's funny that Gemini is traditionally associated with being unemotional. While it's true that we tend to like logic and spend a lot of time in our heads, every Gemini I know is emotional. I reacted emotionally to this thread, even. :lol:

AquaMoonChild

Hmm..That's interesting. I've always loved Gemini's but I never get too close with them. I know they have another side that can be very cruel and intoxicated. But I've not been victim to it. I usually find they're fun and bubbly and really lift the energy in the room. Although I recently met one that is very cruel and tries to get help through guilt trips. She's extremely self distructive and beats on her boyfriend's son. I've never met a Gemini so angry. She was a first.

ardentika

Multiple times I mentioned Gemini as a sign, energy. I'm not focusing on the position.
Venus Geminis in low vibration/manifestation can be that in their relationships.

My dad is Gemini Moon and he can be cruel at times and self-absorbed. It's just the negative side of Gemini imo just as every sign has a dark side.

Of course I'd never say all Gemini suns are sociopaths. God no.

All I tried to explain that thr dark side of Gemini looks a lot similair as sociopathy. Just how Pisces is claimed to be depressive and suicidal. Same thing.

StelliumNoise

I'm Sun Moon Jupiter and Venus in Gemini and what I can tell you is that Gemini is not a serious energy, but it is a light energy...not dark or soulless. We are not like scorpios, scorpios embrace the true darker more serious side. So keep that in mind you may have a Gemini with prominent/personal Scorpio placements

We can be mean but on a feeling level it isn't that deep so even though some people see it as a "switch", nothing actually turned off in us. We still feel the same way about you that we felt when you loved us, we're just not in the mood. Its not much deeper than that and I have a hard time understanding why people still have this issue with Gemini.

Gemini energy is actually spiritually superior by nature. For those who are interested in actual spiritual knowledge and teachings, you'll see Gemini perspective everywhere you look. I know this is going to sound obnoxious, that's why I said it. lol..but it is true :whistling:

People attach and equate their whole being/the essence of self, to states of being and project these standards on Gemini. And we just don't bind ourselves to that logic.