Mars Interpretation

david starling

You did it right. If Placidus fits your current life-path best, use it. Whole-sign fits mine much better than Placidus. I believe it's possible to change paths later in life, regardless of the best House system for your childhood, though.

david starling

Mars in Leo gives you catalytic ability in the field of alternative energy. But Saturn is interfering. The yod plus Leo being ruled by the Sun looks like it's about solar power, since the Sun is where it's pointing.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

To make a long story longer, can anyone

give me a breakdown of my mars placement
The short answer is that your natal chart is a Day Chart
because sun is above horizon
and
Sun is the sect leader of this chart
Saturn and Jupiter are of the diurnal sect
Saturn and Jupiter are the Sun’s co-sectarians.
"It's a good thing" for any planet that is of the sect in favor :smile:

If a planet is not of the sect in favor
then
it is the wrong time of day for the planet.
and it's the wrong time of day for your natal MARS
because
Venus and Mars are not of the sect in favor in DAY charts.
FURTHERMORE

The diurnal planets are happier
if they are above the horizon in a day chart
and below it in a night chart.
Likewise, the nocturnal planets are happier
if they are above the horizon in a night chart
and below it in a day chart.
This is not really a condition of sect
—it does not define sect in any way.
This is only a way to further determine the strength
or mood of any particular planet.
And it’s only adding or subtracting mildly from the planet.
thus
with reference to this particular natal chart
your natal MARS being not of the sect in favor
as well as being above the horizon in a Day chart
is not happy

Last edited:

david starling

Planets have moods? Or is it about the mood of the native in the area of life ruled by a particular Planet? Well, at least the Sun can't be above the horizon in a Night-chart! :biggrin:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Planets have moods?

Or is it about the mood of the native in the area of life
ruled by a particular Planet?
Planets have multiple significations
those significations include people :smile:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121676

Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.

Mars is burning and drying,
malefic, masculine and nocturnal.
Pyroeis makes those born under him red and white in complexion, tall, robust, gray-eyed, with thick hair, somewhat curly, having excess of hot and dry when morning rising, and red, of middle height, with small eyes, not much hair on the body, straight yellow hair, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, natural, grim, resourceful,

passionate, drinking, turbulent, relentless
challenging and confident.
Mars controls force, wars, robbery, screams, violence, the loss of property, whoring, banishment, exile, alienation from parents, captivity, corruption of women, abortions, sexual intercourse, the loss of good things, lies, vain hopes,

violent theft, banditry, plundering, disputes between friends, wrath, fighting,
verbal abuse, hatred, lawsuits, shouting, violent murder, slashing and bloodshed,

attacks of fever, boils, burns, imprisonment, torture, courage, false oaths, wandering, decoration of clothing, excelling at villainy, those who work with fire and iron, artisans, masons, leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers, supremacists, hunting, wine, falling from heights and four-footed animals, poor vision, apoplexy and falling on the back, the muscular system, the urinary system, the lower gastrointestinal tract, weapons, iron, reddish colours and acid tastes. It is chronocrator over late adulthood up to the 56th year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

So in H12, Saturn's in a good mood.

Unless it's a Night-chart. :sad:
Day AND Night Saturn is happiest when fear, misery and sorrows abound :smile:
hence Saturn "happy" in the 12th - a house of fear and sorrow
For a Night chart since not of sect in favor Saturn malevolence increased

Saturn completes 2 sidereal cycles and 57 synodic cycles with 59 years.
It has retreating arcs of 7 degrees for 140 days.

Saturn is cooling and moderately drying,malefic, masculine and diurnal.

Phainon makes those born under him dark-skinned, robust, black-haired, curly-haired, hairy-chested, and with eyes of moderate size, middling stature, having excess of cold and moist when morning rising, and dark, slender, small, straight-haired, with little bodily hair, rather graceful, black-eyed, having excess of cold and dry when evening rising, and in general, annoying, concealing, avaricious, ignorant,

consistent, reserved, petty, malicious, having many anxieties, throwing themselves down, fond of solitude, deceitful, downcast, hypocritical, squalid, clothed in black, deviant, importunate, sullen and miserable.

Saturn controls depressions and sluggishness, obstacles in business, interminable lawsuits, subversion of action, secrets, restraints, imprisonment, grief, accusations, tears, being orphaned, captivity, haunting, farmers, gardeners, workers of property, managers, seafaring and waterside trades, tax collectors, the elders, violent action, guardianship, great reputation, notable ranks, lands, administration of that which belongs to others, fathership of the children of others, bachelors, widows, childlessness, violent deaths by water, strangulation, dysentery, falling on the face, injuries and lower respiratory infections, the skeletal system, the lymphatic system and the immune system, building materials like wood and stone, lead, dark colours and astringent tastes. It chronocrator over late old age up to death.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

JUPITERASC

But, a Day-sect planet is unhappy
when above the horizon in a Night-chart.
And H12 is always above the horizon, both night and day.
malefic Saturn increases malefic effects in a Night-chart - but is ok with that
malefic Saturn joys both Night and Day in 12th House of sorrows and fears :smile:

JUPITERASC

Well, that explains why this tropical Age of Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, is
tragically mired in sorrow and fear.
While the March equinox occurs in Pisces
the Age of Pisces is the current age
and remains so for approximately another 600 years :smile:
meanwhile the op topic of THIS thread is MARS

kshantaram

Premium Member
mars-mer lords 4/9 over leo 8th, prosperity through war/military admin- research,
accident prone, chronic heart-stomach-skin inflammations aspected by sat,,
able to cope with challenges;
jup aspect leo protective from major dangers, supportive of project management;

sun lord 9th over critical virgo 9th,
managerial-audit aptitudes, quality management etc;

mars aspect own scorpio-sat 11th, protective of income-gains,
supportive of research-occult-technical-metallurgical-oil and gas aptitudes;
but not good for health of friendships;

mer lord 7th over 8th, sickness for spouse;
mer lord 9th negating to 8th, negating luck-support from father, etc

do promptly ack, share how true-untrue-insightful,

wishing well, kshantaram

david starling

While the March equinox occurs in Pisces
the Age of Pisces is the current age
and remains so for approximately another 600 years :smile:
meanwhile the op topic of THIS thread is MARS

Mars is in a strong position in a Sign of the same Element as its Domicile, whereas Saturn is not. Also, in this Age of TROPICAL Capricorn (NOT sidereal), best to have Mars and Saturn out of sync with each other.

You did it right. If Placidus fits your current life-path best, use it. Whole-sign fits mine much better than Placidus. I believe it's possible to change paths later in life, regardless of the best House system for your childhood, though.

I agree that things can change about a person in relation to their natal chart. This was actually going to be one of the things I brought up in this thread. Can a person grow into their natal placements? Is it possible for a person to not relate to their mars when younger but then display more of their mars traits as they age?

Mars in Leo gives you catalytic ability in the field of alternative energy. But Saturn is interfering. The yod plus Leo being ruled by the Sun looks like it's about solar power, since the Sun is where it's pointing.

So im supposed to be good with solar technology but Saturn is keeping me away from that field?

The short answer is that your natal chart is a Day Chart
because sun is above horizon
and
Sun is the sect leader of this chart
Saturn and Jupiter are of the diurnal sect
Saturn and Jupiter are the Sun’s co-sectarians.
"It's a good thing" for any planet that is of the sect in favor :smile:

If a planet is not of the sect in favor
then
it is the wrong time of day for the planet.
and it's the wrong time of day for your natal MARS
because
Venus and Mars are not of the sect in favor in DAY charts.
FURTHERMORE

The diurnal planets are happier
if they are above the horizon in a day chart
and below it in a night chart.
Likewise, the nocturnal planets are happier
if they are above the horizon in a night chart
and below it in a day chart.
This is not really a condition of sect
—it does not define sect in any way.
This is only a way to further determine the strength
or mood of any particular planet.
And it’s only adding or subtracting mildly from the planet.
thus
with reference to this particular natal chart
your natal MARS being not of the sect in favor
as well as being above the horizon in a Day chart
is not happy

So with my mars being unhappy, does that mean it is weaker in my chart? Is there a way to strengthen it? With the way my mars appears in the chart, is it severly limited in any way? Can it be seen whether or not I have violent or aggressive tendencies?

mars-mer lords 4/9 over leo 8th, prosperity through war/military admin- research,
accident prone, chronic heart-stomach-skin inflammations aspected by sat,,
able to cope with challenges;
jup aspect leo protective from major dangers, supportive of project management;

sun lord 9th over critical virgo 9th,
managerial-audit aptitudes, quality management etc;

mars aspect own scorpio-sat 11th, protective of income-gains,
supportive of research-occult-technical-metallurgical-oil and gas aptitudes;
but not good for health of friendships;

mer lord 7th over 8th, sickness for spouse;
mer lord 9th negating to 8th, negating luck-support from father, etc

do promptly ack, share how true-untrue-insightful,

wishing well, kshantaram

I don’t believe im accident prone overall but I will say that there have been times in my life where I would have one accident right after another no matter how careful I was. Most of my professional position have involved research and information checking so I can see where the quality management would come in to play… I am extremely protective about my income, but isn’t everyone? I actually don’t have any support from any father figures so that part is true as well. some of these things I haven’t experienced yet so I cant comment on them but some of these have been true. Is there any more incite you can provide?

JUPITERASC

Mars is in a strong position
in a Sign of the same Element as its Domicile, whereas

Saturn is not.

Also, in this Age of TROPICAL Capricorn

(NOT sidereal), best to have Mars and Saturn

out of sync with each other.
Stonehenge is scientifically dated to the same time-frame as the pyramids in Giza.
That would be in the last Decant of the sidereal Age of Taurus, and
the first Decant of the tropical Age of Scorpio, around 2500 B.C.E.
So, a combination of both types of Ages inspired them.
The evidence at Giza just keeps stacking up.
The dynastic Egyptian most likely didn't build the pyramids
and they most definitely did not build the sphinx
which has suffered severe water erosion.
How old are the pyramids?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRjQxoXi7tY

The water erosion evident

is estimated by experienced geologists
to have taken several thousands of years of rain
thereby placing the sphinx
somewhere in the last tropical age of Egypt
or possibly further back than that :smile:
The sphinx is insanely ancient and that can be proven.
I agree with this JupiterAsc. ��

This is an exploration of the complex and fascinating origin
of the regularized 12 sign zodiac.
The 12 sign zodiac that we know and love
arose at a time when
the distinctions between tropical and sidereal were blurred :smile:

We see in Early Babylonian Astrology
a preoccupation with mapping the tropical cycle with its seasons, fluctuating length of day
and variation in solar declination to the phases of the fixed stars
and
to the ideal 360-day calendar of 12 equal 30-day months.

In Late Babylonian Astrology, an attempt at synthesizing the 17 constellations
in the path of the Moon with the 12-month 360-day calendar
yielded a new means of measuring longitude
as well as new astrological significations.

Some omens were inherited from the older stellar and calendar omen traditions
while many significations were new
and
motivated by tropical, sidereal, and other considerations.

The process of associating constellations with calendar months,
and eventually arriving at consistent constellation-based names
for the regular signs
shows a movement from 12 regular signs to 12 constellations spanning the ecliptic
rather than the other way around.

We see in the zodiac a fusion of a "lunar" sidereal tradition
of observation relative to the stars
with a "solar" tropical tradition of using the stars as sign posts
for measuring the solar year
with its variations in length of day related to declination.
http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/...2Hvva-0ApqVgvEe9wXy3NUNmzP9lFL0Z34d5BwE_tin60
Okay, I'm going with modern archeologists and their hard evidence.
The one thing modern science is good for is studying the material world.
Siriusly :smile:
New research shows, that
some estimates based on carbon may have erred by thousands of years.
Since the rate of depletion has been accurately determined
half of any given amount of carbon 14 decays in 5,730 years
scientists can calculate the time elapsed since something died from its residual carbon 14.

ERRORS ARE FEARED IN CARBON DATING https://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/errors-are-feared-in-carbon-dating.html

david you have several faults in your logic.
first off carbon dating can not used on stone past a few thousand years.
there is artifact called narmers palette that shows the unification of the two Egypt's by the first king of both lower and upper Egypt . this artifact is on one side a geological representation of Egypt. this artifact predates the age of pyramids by many centuries. on the back side there is a pyramid on the geological representation at near the delta and giza. so how could there be a pyramid noted when pyramids were not existent then?

the ancient Egyptians did not know how to make a pyramids with a slope of 51 degrees. all Egyptian pyramids have a slope of 43.5 degrees, except the Giza pyramids.
The bent pyramid was created at the same time as the collapsed pyramid of King Sneferu .
These pyramids had a slope of over 51 degrees. After the collapsed pyramid collapsed….. the bent pyramid ‘s slope was changed to 43.5 degree slope. The bent pyramid had sated with a slope of over 50 degrees but when the first pyramid collapsed the bent pyramids slope was change from over 50 degrees to 43.5 degrees.
There are no hieroglyphs in the giza pyramids so there no evidence that the Egyptians built the pyramids. These are the only Egyptian pyramids that have no hieroglyphs.
No sarcophagus was found in any of the pyramids, but there was fraud involved in the identification of the kings with the pyramids.
The only reference to Cheops is a stela in front of the sphinx in which he acknowledges that he cleared the sand away from the sphinx in return he was made king.
the geological fact is that on the sphinx there is evidence of a great amount of water erosion.
water erosion tends downward and wind erosion gives stratified levels of erosion./ the water erosion is severe.. thousands of years. but there has not been enough precipitation in the nile valley to cause this much erosions for over 10,000 years when the Sahara desert was an vast inland sea.

these are geological facts. the sphinx has to be over 10,000 at the very least.
of course 300 gallons of kerosene brought down a 100 story building so.....so any fraud can be pasted off.

and of course, there is the small problem that using modern technology, the pyramids could not have been built except maybe within the last 50 years of modern technology.,
rahu
Good evidence the pyramids at Giza were built using concrete, poured into plywood forms.

No modern technology needed.
you totally off line, the material is the least of the problem.

the orientation of the axis, the nearly exact orientation of the sides of the pyramid. these are all archeological standards that could not have been built in modern times until the advent of laser's. the sides which extended over 400 yards were nearly perfectly aligned to a fraction of a inch. this is simply impossible to achieve with or without modern technology.

the mathematics of the pyramid are as much an enigma as the actual construction.

modern concrete has a life of just a little over 100 years before it decays. the romans that a better concrete that we do in modern times. the roman coliseum is nearly 2 thousand years old, some aqueducts are that age and still are functional. I have read the theory that the "Egyptians"used concrete but the quarries that match the rock used in the pyramids are known.

rahu