mars trine pluto aspect and abuse

Sweet Pea

Also the synastry with the abuser makes a difference. That's the way that his chart connects with yours. That is why, for instance, one child might be abused and the other child not abused.

waybread

serpent, posting "an actual circular chart" would be helpful to the rest of us.
Ideally, from Astrodienst, www.astro.com as their charts are a lot more legible than the other ones out there.

For one thing, if your 4th house seems "normal" but your childhood was troubled, you'd want to look at the condition of the planet/s ruling your 4th house cusp.

serpent

serpent, posting "an actual circular chart" would be helpful to the rest of us.
Ideally, from Astrodienst, www.astro.com as their charts are a lot more legible than the other ones out there.

For one thing, if your 4th house seems "normal" but your childhood was troubled, you'd want to look at the condition of the planet/s ruling your 4th house cusp.

DELETED

Is this okay? Thank you. I know I'm probably annoying at this point, I really appreciate you guys helping me out with this.

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks. I'm not convinced Mars trine Pluto is really the issue. Your 4th house rules your early childhood conditioning. It is ruled by the moon. The moon conjuncts Chiron, the little planetoid that shows us "where it hurts." The moon also shows your experience of your mother. Either she was hurting, she was a source of pain for you, or both?

Mars in the 4th house rules physical violence. It opposes Uranus, which could mean "sudden violence."

See if you can learn to incorporate more of these energies into your life in a constructive way. At its best, Uranus is the liberator and Mars gives you energy and courage.

Incidentally, I'm assuming your birth time is correct. With such a late degree rising, your ascendant could be Taurus if the time is a few minutes off. See which one most feels like your body, outward personality, and how other people perceive you.

serpent

Thanks. I'm not convinced Mars trine Pluto is really the issue. Your 4th house rules your early childhood conditioning. It is ruled by the moon. The moon conjuncts Chiron, the little planetoid that shows us "where it hurts." The moon also shows your experience of your mother. Either she was hurting, she was a source of pain for you, or both?

Mars in the 4th house rules physical violence. It opposes Uranus, which could mean "sudden violence."

See if you can learn to incorporate more of these energies into your life in a constructive way. At its best, Uranus is the liberator and Mars gives you energy and courage.

Incidentally, I'm assuming your birth time is correct. With such a late degree rising, your ascendant could be Taurus if the time is a few minutes off. See which one most feels like your body, outward personality, and how other people perceive you.

I've wondered a lot about my ascendant being at an anaretic degree, but my birth time is definitely accurate and I relate a lot to my aries rising but I flip flop between taurus/aries sometimes, but if anything - I feel more like a worn-out aries rising, if that makes sense. Even my mars is at an anaretic degree, which I read causes a lot of anger issues, which I do struggle with a lot (also my tightest aspect is mars square ascendant, I think).

My mother wasn't at all the source of my abuse, she was the only person in my family who was kind to me. I was wondering if moon could also refer to grandmother? She did take on the maternal role whenever I lived with her. My father and uncle were also very physically abusive. But I don't know which planet would signify uncle.

waybread

If your father was abusive, was Mom living in her own world of hurt? This would be one meaning consistent with your moon conjunct Chiron.

Basically with extended family members, you look at:

1. The house representing your parent. Traditionally Dad is #4 and Mom is #10, but modern astrology reverses them.

2. Is the relative on Dad's or Mom's side? An uncle on Dad's side (traditionally) would be the third house from the 4th house, as the third house rules siblings. You start counting 3 houses, with the house indicated in #1 as the turned first house. So a paternal uncle is your radix (root chart) house #6.

3. Look for the planet ruling this turned house cusp, and any planets in the house to find out something about your uncle.

In the chart you posted, this would put a different spin on your 6th house moon-Chiron conjunction-- something about the uncle is hurtful (Chiron) to your emotions (moon.) With the 6th house ruler Mercury in Scorpio square Mars, we can get a feeling of someone verbally (Mercury) abusive, or even violent (Mars.)

If you know your uncle's birth place and date, you can view his chart. Just post the birth time as "unknown." You won't get houses, but at least you won't get bogus houses. You will get a default noon birth time, so the moon could move 6 degrees either way.

serpent

If your father was abusive, was Mom living in her own world of hurt? This would be one meaning consistent with your moon conjunct Chiron.

Basically with extended family members, you look at:

1. The house representing your parent. Traditionally Dad is #4 and Mom is #10, but modern astrology reverses them.

2. Is the relative on Dad's or Mom's side? An uncle on Dad's side (traditionally) would be the third house from the 4th house, as the third house rules siblings. You start counting 3 houses, with the house indicated in #1 as the turned first house. So a paternal uncle is your radix (root chart) house #6.

3. Look for the planet ruling this turned house cusp, and any planets in the house to find out something about your uncle.

In the chart you posted, this would put a different spin on your 6th house moon-Chiron conjunction-- something about the uncle is hurtful (Chiron) to your emotions (moon.) With the 6th house ruler Mercury in Scorpio square Mars, we can get a feeling of someone verbally (Mercury) abusive, or even violent (Mars.)

If you know your uncle's birth place and date, you can view his chart. Just post the birth time as "unknown." You won't get houses, but at least you won't get bogus houses. You will get a default noon birth time, so the moon could move 6 degrees either way.

Both people (besides my father) who abused me were from my mother's side. In terms of my father, whenever he hurt me, my mother would just allow it to happen. She never allowed me to feel any anger or resentment toward my father despite how he treated me.

I wish I knew my uncle's birth details. I am too afraid to ask my parents about it though and my uncle's on even on social media, which *****.

Sometimes when I read my chart, I feel like someone's been playing a trick on me and that this isn't my chart at all. It scares me sometimes, because it makes me feel like I imagined most of my childhood and most of the pain I went through wasn't real. With the amount of trines and sextiles I have.

Therese

hi Serpent,

Looking at the rulerships in your chart, there is a closed circuit between Mars, Moon and Mercury: your Mars is ruled by the Moon who is ruled by Mercury who is ruled by Mars (according to traditional rulerships). To emphasize this Mars-Moon-Mercury complex further, Moon is at the midpoint of the Mars-Mercury square, which is the trigger (the tightest applying square) in your chart. Both Mars and Mercury are angular (Mars on the IC, Mercury on the Dsc). Also, these two planets dispose all the planets in your chart between themselves but they are not in mutual reception: they have the Moon as a go-between.

Personally, I don't write off aspects that are wide, especially if the Sun or the Moon is involved. I also allow wider orbs for angular planets or planets that are powerful in the chart in some way (ruler of the ascendant, final dispositor, etc).

And when an aspect is separating, it does not mean that it is not powerful. And I definitely wouldn't say that a separating aspect is "easier". They are challenging in different ways. Imagine a hostage situation. The applying aspect is what leads to the event, the bank robbery, for example. The moment when the robbers show their guns and maybe start shooting around at random. People are shocked, scared, confused, etc. The separating aspect is when the hostage situation has been going on for hours or days. Let's say the bank is surrounded by the police and it's a stalemate. Nobody knows how long it will take and how it will end. I wouldn't say the latter is "easier". It's different.

As far as your hard aspects go, as I see it, you have a tight Venus-Jupiter conjunction (with Venus in her detriment), another tight Uranus-Neptune conjunction, a Uranus/Neptune-Mars opposition (with Mars in his fall), a Mercury-Mars square and a Neptune-Sun square (Sun in his fall). All your inner planets that participate in a hard aspect are either in their fall or in their detriment except Mercury.