2019 Solar Return

sandyv63

I just don't know what to make of this chart. It's just so...busy. The Saturn Pluto conjunction coming in January is going to occur right on my MC. In the solar return chart, it falls in the 3rd house. I was hoping to get another job this year but it's been difficult. I applied for another position in another department where I work but there are 19 qualified applicants, so I don't know.

I'm loving Jupiter and the Moon in Sag in the 2nd house but I'm hating all those squares. (Jupiter in the 2nd house - possible lottery win???) The trines to the Saturn Pluto conjunction from the Virgo stellium are nice and the grand trines (thanks to Uranus) are great, but those squares from the Moon Jupiter conjunction in the 2nd house still have me concerned. Is this going to (finally) be a good year financially and career wise, or just another disappointing year in the same job with ever increasing bills? The Virgo stellium in the 11th house makes me want to believe I'll actually achieve something I want this year. I've worked long and hard to improve my life, but so far, the reward has fallen very short of the effort.

I had a flood recently and I am going to be getting some insurance money. However, all of it will go to making repairs. I hope to have that done in the next 4 to 6 weeks. If there is any money left over, and that's a big IF, I plan to maybe start a home based business. I am a creative person and I need an outlet. If I can swing it, I will purchase a knitting machine and make knits and sell them. I also make soap (such a Virgo thing to do...) I doubt I could make enough to leave my job but I think I could make some extra money.

I am attaching my solar return as well as my natal chart just because the natal also has a 4 planet stellium in Virgo, and I have to believe this year will be memorable (in a very good way, I hope.)

Attachments

• solar return.jpg
    solar return.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Natal.jpg
    Natal.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 30

sandyv63

Hi Moondancing, thank you for responding. I’m not sure why your post isn’t showing up here but I was able to read it in the email that auto generated. You made my day and gave me a real shot of hope, which is something I haven’t had in a long time. I’m feeling much better about the upcoming year. Thanks again!

Moondancing

Premium Member
This year looks very promising. Natally the majority of your planets are on the western side of your chart and this year they are easterly. Optimism is strong as noted in how you ended your post. You may start your day early with energy and renewed enthusiasm rather than feeling like you just want to come home and put your feet up with a glass of wine. With strong 11th house emphasis there may be a push for freedom and changes are likely.

Earth is strong showing all kinds of work and employment being emphasized. SR Asc. is Scorpio showing your N. 7th house coming into focus and this theme is being repeated with N. Mars in conj with SR. Asc. SR Sun in trine with Saturn/Pluto conj may show you connecting with powerful people who can help and empower you. This may be the year you reap what you have sewn.

Mercury is the strongest planet in your 11th house and the square from Moon/Jupiter shows success in business endeavors or success in achieving what you value. Natal 5th house doesn't show a promise of winning lottery but Jupiter/Moon in SR. 2nd may help you achieve something much richer. Realizing what you value most in life. Another significant aspect is your Venus return in the 11th. Natally Venus rules your Asc. and 6th house. Working hard to realize your dreams?

Hope this helps. Looks like a memorable year ahead indeed.

MD

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hi Moondancing, thank you for responding. I’m not sure why your post isn’t showing up here but I was able to read it in the email that auto generated. You made my day and gave me a real shot of hope, which is something I haven’t had in a long time. I’m feeling much better about the upcoming year. Thanks again!

Reposted it, my fault.

Mary Fortier Shea said in her book on solar returns that "it is a better predictor of psychological changes and inner growth than it is of actual events. Events are secondary influences and mere vehicles for the expression of feelings already present and needing to be experienced."

I like that thought.

DM

sandyv63

I like that thought too. No doubt progress can't be made without an attitude adjustment.

I was thinking about some of the things you wrote, and that push for independence has been on my mind for a long time. One of the things that I value is my time, which leads back to wanting to be independent. I deeply resent being "owned" by someone else for 8+ hours of my day. What's made it worse is the recent attitude of my supervisor, who believes she has the right to tell me how I can spend my off hours. She truly believes she has the right to tell me I MUST stay late and I MUST come in on the weekend (at the last minute she tries to tell me this) to finish up a project that she will take all the credit for, but I'll do all the work for. This is why I want out of here, and if possible, I want my own business where I'm the boss of me. I am so tired of working for crazy.

I'm hoping a new job comes sooner rather than later because I'm not sure how much more of her idiocy I can handle.

Moondancing

Premium Member
I like that thought too. No doubt progress can't be made without an attitude adjustment.

I was thinking about some of the things you wrote, and that push for independence has been on my mind for a long time. One of the things that I value is my time, which leads back to wanting to be independent. I deeply resent being "owned" by someone else for 8+ hours of my day. What's made it worse is the recent attitude of my supervisor, who believes she has the right to tell me how I can spend my off hours. She truly believes she has the right to tell me I MUST stay late and I MUST come in on the weekend (at the last minute she tries to tell me this) to finish up a project that she will take all the credit for, but I'll do all the work for. This is why I want out of here, and if possible, I want my own business where I'm the boss of me. I am so tired of working for crazy.

I'm hoping a new job comes sooner rather than later because I'm not sure how much more of her idiocy I can handle.

You bring alive the imagery of Sun/Mercury/Mars conj with what you write. Your 10th house Sun, job/supervisor suck all the light/recognition from Mars (you) or your work (Mercury). She's gonna be the one to shine. Sun rules your natal 5th house of pleasure showing her causing problems in this area of your life.

Mercury rules your 2nd house natally and being in SR 11th can have you using your communication skills to gain a better position. Sometimes we need someone to push us too far, to break us out of our comfort zone, not stand for the status quo. Your SR Mars trines Saturn and shows you have what it takes to prevail under these stressful circumstances and may take on a major project.

This 2nd/11th connection is quite good I believe. Have a great one!

MD

Last edited:

sandyv63

Thanks, Moondancer. She's obnoxious to everyone, not just me. She has a staff of three and we all want out because she's an awful supervisor. She just dumped another huge project on me (the previous one is done, and of course, she got the credit) but I am not going to do it because I do not have the credentials. I am not qualified. It is way beyond my pay grade and honestly, I have no business writing about Mental Health as I am a Budget Analyst. Of course she took the day off (apparently only she is allowed to take time off) so I can't discuss it with her today. I am sure it will get ugly, but I am not going to work on something that I am absolutely not qualified to do. She can write me up, and then I can file a grievance, which I will win. I know she will back down once I stand up for myself but I am just so frustrated with all the never-ending nonsense of this very erratic micro-managing diva.

It also looks like I won't even get called for an interview for the job I applied for with the other department. They have scheduled the interviews and I was not included. Truly, I don't know what I have to do to get out of here. I am more than qualified for this job, but these jobs rarely go to the most qualified person. I feel very punished and I am just so angry and frustrated because it seems like all I can do is eat ****. I have no other prospects right now so I am not feeling optimistic. This has been going on for a long time and in spite of this SR chart, I do not feel like anything is going to improve for me. Are you sure there's no lottery win for me this year?

Anyway, I realize I am venting, but I am quickly approaching my breaking point. The problem with me is that I tolerate **** for a long time, and then I go nuclear. I am so sick of seeing undeserving people prosper while I work my tail off and get nothing (well, I get plenty of aggravation...) I wish I could retire. I really do appreciate all your kind words though.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Mars conj your SR Asc. will give rise to your anger but also gives you the courage and drive that makes success more likely now than at other times. Keep focus on your goals!

MD

sandyv63

I think Mars is sextile (widely) the SR Ascendant. Oh wait, you mean my natal Mars. Usually that Libra energy makes me avoid conflict, especially in the workplace as I like a peaceful atmosphere. However, I also don't like being abused and she's pushing my buttons big time. I definitely feel more combative than I've felt in a long while. I'm also fed up so that will definitely add fuel to the fire. :devil: I am trying to be very mindful because I don't want to come off as the flake. She has a low emotional IQ and doesn't have people skills so it isn't hard for her to look like the awful tyrant she can be. What is really sad is that I'm not the one she treats the worst. Hard to believe she could be more obnoxious, but she makes inappropriate comments to my coworker. I would have filed a grievance by now but this poor girl just takes it.

My last hope is a coworker who just got a huge raise & promotion, thanks in part to me. She was very overqualified for the job she had in this department and I saw a posting for a much better position in another department. I knew she'd be a good fit but she didn't think she would get it. I encouraged her to apply anyway. She got an interview and after the interview she told me she knew she didn't get it. Two weeks later she came to my desk with a stunned look on her face and said they offered her the job. It paid over $20K more than what she was making here, and she was so grateful to me that she promised to try to bring me over to that department as soon as something opened up. It's at a location closer to home, so that would be great. However, jobs don't open up too often in any department. She knows and hates my supervisor and she knows I could do so much better so hopefully she comes through for me. I hope I last that long. Must. Not. Go. Nuclear....

Moondancing

Premium Member
Sandy: Was curious how you are doing? Noticed natally you have Saturn and Jupiter in sextile and right now T. Jupiter is making a sextile to N. Saturn and trine to N. Jupiter, with T. Venus also making a trine to N. Saturn and opp to N. Jupiter. Have you seen any activity due to these transits in regards to your work?

MD

Last edited:

sandyv63

Yes! I was called for an interview on Thursday for the job I mentioned with another department. Actually, it is a newly created department within the district and I was one of 19 qualified applicants. The interview went very well and if there were fewer candidates, I’d feel like I’d be getting the job. However, with so many qualified applicants, I hesitate to assume anything. I was able to convey that I was very qualified for the position when I answered the 5 questions the panel asked me. No doubt I will be one of the top contenders. Whether or not I get the job, I just don’t know. I feel like the Chief of the department really liked me, and he is the decision maker.

Besides this interview, I purchased some Lotto tickets and a $5 scratch off the day before the interview. I won $25 from Lotto and $200 from the scratch off. I’m saving the $200 to buy two new toilets for my condo. Romantic, I know. But the contractor will soon start repairing the damage to my condo from a flood that occurred in June, and I wanted to replace the toilets as they are original to the condo and not very efficient. I won a couple of Lotto tickets besides the $25 so maybe I’ll hit again and not have to worry about another job or new toilets, hahaha. But I’m not counting on it.

Thanks for checking on me. I will post again once I find out about this job. Or if I hit the lottery. :biggrin:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Well, I didn’t get the job. I’m heartbroken. I couldn’t have been more qualified.

Ugh... so sorry to hear that. I checked your progressions to see what might be going on and found progressed Moon squaring Saturn putting up blocks and delays. It will pass beginning Nov. All is not lost, you may find an opportunity that will come due to your interview. Sometimes there are processes working unbeknownst to you that will bear fruit.

Keep your spirits up. That transit can mess with your self-esteem and get you feeling down about yourself. Thank you for the update, Sandy.

MD

sandyv63

Thanks for the ray of hope. I created a horary chart about a week before that interview and I asked if a new job was coming soon. I got a pretty strong yes, which I assumed was this job since the interview went so well. Guess I misread that chart!

I just don’t know how much longer I can hold out at this job. I am SO TIRED of the abuse and double standard. I was very qualified for this job and I thought the Chief really liked me. I sent a thank you email to him afterwards, and he actually responded, thanking me for interviewing for the position, and telling me my interview went very well. I have to admit, I felt like he was implying that I got the job. Who responds to a thank you email? Misread that as well, I suppose.

I just don’t understand why I am always being punished, and punished rather severely at that. So yeah, feeling rather persecuted at the moment as this is not a one time thing, but rather an ongoing (for a good 10+ years) streak of working twice as hard and not even getting half as much. I had long ago convinced myself never to get my hopes up for anything because the disappointment just wasn’t worth it. I let this interview fool me into thinking something good was coming, that hard work actually does pay off. Won’t make that mistake again.

Moondancing

Premium Member
If you feel like looking at that horary chart again, post it here and let's see what happened. It could explain things more than aspects to the natal chart.

MD

sandyv63

After getting constant "internal server error" messages, it looks like something uploaded. If you can see it, I attached the horary chart.

Attachments

• new job horary.pdf
    321.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Sandy: The Moon (ruler of 10th house) aspecting the Sun (11th house ruler) is the only aspect before the Moon changes signs. I believe the Sun represents the 'Chief' who you emailed. The Sun is weak and of little help. Then the Moon changes signs. So yeah, I don't see a job from this chart.

Your ruler Venus is strong but being in the 12th house shows your exhaustion with your circumstances. Rebuild your emotional and mental resources until this progressed Moon is passed and then rethink how you want to proceed.

MD

sandyv63

Thanks for the interpretation. The NN is also conjunct the MC, making me think I had a real chance. The question wasn’t specifically about this job, as I didn’t have the interview yet when I asked the question. I just wanted to know if something was coming soon. I agree about the 12th house placement, except to add that I think it shows how invisible I am at my current job (me and everyone else.) In retrospect, I think the conjunction of Mercury & Venus perhaps shows I did well at the interview but I still remain invisible. This Chief is anything but weak; he was the decision maker. He just didn’t decide on me. If I remember correctly, in horary, the sun can be considered a co-significator so if you see the sun as weak, it probably represents me as being too weak. This doesn’t really make sense to me as I did well in the interview and my qualifications were very strong. Maybe it’s more accurate to say someone else was stronger. Regardless, I doubt I’ll ever find out. As you stated, now I have to figure out how to tolerate an abusive situation for probably a long time to come yet.

Thanks for looking at the horary.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Sandy: The Sun rules the 11th house of your friends, groups, or community so it's a person, not you. The aspect the Moon makes after the chart is drawn signifies the one who gets the job. My first thought was the job went to the lesser candidate, Sun is perigrine in 12th and conj the malefic Mars. Mars rules 7th house of others possibly opposing you and in support of Sun? Venus is in Sun's and Mar's fall. This debility (fall) leaves one feeling they are not being listened to. Does this make sense to you? Not sure if I'm reading this right but putting it out there.

Best wishes,

MD

Last edited: