My son is facing major life issues

Lxward

My son is 23 and has already been married, divorced, and had a child. He is addicted to herion, and has a warrant for felony drug charges. His ex is trying to talk him into giving up his parental rights so her new husband can adopt the baby. He has considered suicide as an alternative to facing these issues. I am at a complete loss here as what advice to give him, or how to help him. These are all brought on by his choices. I've told him just to turn himself in. That it will be better in the long run, and he can move on from it. But he thinks he's looking at a 20 yr plus prison sentence.
I'm new to reading charts. My interpretation is that he has a very karmic chart. The sun in 12th house kind of explains some things to me. But what I can't get from it is what he needs to work on within himself so he can move past this. Any advise or interpretation of his chart would greatly appreciated.
image.jpg

Kitchy

Banned
LX-

First, as a parent of a son, my heart goes out to you. I imagine the anguish you must be experiencing and I'm sending you thoughts of encouragement and hope.

The first thing that stands out is the bulk of planetary placements on the left of the chart. This is a good indicator that your son has not found other people 'helpful' or 'useful' in helping him solve his issues.

The addiction/self destruction/criminality is shown by 12th's ruler Mars in 8th house, and opposing Venus at the end of his 1st house. Transiting Pluto is approaching conjunct to Venus and Venus rules his 5th of children. He has to decide if his indulgent negative behaviors are worth losing his child over.

Jupiter transiting his 9th house right now, but within the next year or so, will move into his 10th - conjoining his natal Jupiter - and trining his natal Moon-Saturn conjunction. ENCOURAGE HIM TO HOLD ON TO HOPE - because it is likely that at that jupiter return - he will come to a 'talk with god' with himself, his values, his use of resources and things / people in his life that he'll want to preserve with that moon-saturn benefitting greatly from it and providing strength even when he doesn't think he has any of his own.

Saturn transiting conjunction to natal Asc. shows that he is being forced to have a cold hard look at himself and how he has been expressing himself in the world thus far, and requiring him to make adjustments to correct that expression.

When Saturn crosses 1st house - often people have that 'come to jesus' moment when they have to accept responsibility to repair their personal damage - whether it's physically or externally - and how they will deal with their world from hereon in.

When Jupiter hit's his 12th by transit - he could get serious jail time unless he starts making reparations NOW while it's in his 9th - it's a good time to work a deal out with legal matters.

I see good in Jupiter, ruler of his 1st natally- being elevated in chart right now and moving upward to the hopeful sky. And, again - relatively near a hopeful return and trine to his natal jupiter and moon-saturn.

His natal sun in 12th is what likely led him into his addictions as well - somewhere losing his light when he needed it most. Jupiter will come up on that in 12th, too -conjuncting Sun - which may end up sealing a deal with incarceration or worse.

Encourage him in coming year's good fortune transit to turn around and put himself back together. Moon Saturn natal can be doubting, discouraging to self - feelings of being alone and isolated. But it can also be the greatest regulator of 'solid' that one could hope for.

Bottom line - and please do not be offended if this is not your way - but your beautiful little boy needs to find GOD develop a relationship with GOD in the way that Jupiter will help him if he's open to it. He doesn't feel any humans can help him with hardly no planets on the right side of chart - so he needs to know he has something bigger on his side. Which can be realized when Jupiter hits that Sun in 12th - otherwise it's the warden or grim reaper most times.

Victory Outreach Ministry programs across the U.S. have helped many recovered and formerly incarcerated humans get a new lease on their life.

In matters of suicidal thoughts - it wouldn't hurt to ask him "is it that you want to be dead, not live life, or do you want to live a different life?"

I offer up prayer to you and your son that a better day for all of you and your loved ones is awaiting.

http://victoryoutreach.org/vision/our-history/

Last edited:

waybread

Mama, I can't say whether someone has a "karmic" chart or not. We have no actual evidence of any past lives that lead to some heavy-duty karma in this one. The chart-- and present life-- give us plenty to work with, as is.

On a practical level, I suggest you get a lawyer for your son who can advise him both on the adoption issue and his drug charges. If you feel you cannot afford the fees, see if there is a Legal Aid society or a law firm that does some pro bono (charity) work where you live. If you are still in Oklahoma it looks like there are several Legal Aid Services in the state http://www.legalaidok.org/

Your son shouldn't have to deal with this stuff without legal counsel.