Can a 4th house Chiron ever find a secure home?

Neptune Rising

Sefarin, wow you sound as mixed as I am. My mums side of family is mixed and father is. I was considering what a 'tribe' is, or a place of belonging. For some, it just seems to naturally fall into place. I think for me, I have tried to find this place in my extended family, but didn't find it in them. I am starting to realise, I need to be my own family and my own place of refuge. I have my mum and she is the only family I have, close to me, that understands me.

I've also felt a real loneliness, which may also be due to my Pisces Moon trine Saturn, quincunx Pluto and square Neptune. But the primary wound I think contributes a great deal to it. Feeling rejected from the father and being insecure in one's roots. For me, this lead to a lack of self belief. It still does, but I am more conscious of it now and can see more clearly when I am projecting this out. Its apparent when I am promoting myself in my teaching. But I was also reading today, the other side of loneliness is isolation, where, if I sum up I find the experience of creating an inner place of refuge. I'm working on that!

serafin5

I really feel your pain Neptune! My son just turned 18 and we have just realized the same thing that we have to be our own family from now on. We are so tired of being thrown away after giving and giving and giving! What is left of my family is basically an empty well. Like you, my planets also support these issues:,a stellium of planets in the 4th Hse in Aquarius and Pisces.

Have you ever posted your chart Neptune? My heart goes out to you. Remember "strength in this life; happiness in the next".

God bless,
Serafin5

Osamenor

Staff member
Chiron in 4th house or Cancer, indeed its a wond made by our parents, specially the father. It is always some kind of absence, could be physical, could be emotional.
No, not always. That doesn't apply to me at all, and I have Chiron in the fourth house, conjunct the IC, in Aries. Both my parents were physically and emotionally present throughout my childhood. There was never even the remotest hint of them splitting up. And we never even moved. My parents bought a house a year or two before I was born, and until I moved out at 18, I never lived anywhere else.

However... I have the exact same pattern of all the other fourth house Chirons on here of never having a stable home of my own. I've moved a lot. I was a student off and on for an extended period, finally got my bachelors degree in my mid twenties, and by that time, I was in a relationship with an archaeologist, and we moved around a lot. I worked in seasonal jobs myself for several years, and even when I've had a "permanent" job, I've managed to make it not that permanent!

So not much stability for me in the way of housing and finances. And a driving need for freedom. After learning a bit of astrology, I thought it was my moon in Sag. Someone on another thread here told me the moon equals need for security, but in Sagittarius, freedom is perceived as security. Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but on an emotional level, it feels like that's true.

And I have Chiron in conjunction with not only the IC, but also with Jupiter, which is just on the other IC in the third house, and the whole thing apparently forms a grand trine with my sun and moon. At least, the IC definitely does, and I've seen conflicting information on my different computerized birth charts as to whether or not Chiron, Jupiter, or both is included in the grand trine.

Love2Know

No, not always. That doesn't apply to me at all, and I have Chiron in the fourth house, conjunct the IC, in Aries. Both my parents were physically and emotionally present throughout my childhood. There was never even the remotest hint of them splitting up. And we never even moved. My parents bought a house a year or two before I was born, and until I moved out at 18, I never lived anywhere else.

However... I have the exact same pattern of all the other fourth house Chirons on here of never having a stable home of my own. I've moved a lot. I was a student off and on for an extended period, finally got my bachelors degree in my mid twenties, and by that time, I was in a relationship with an archaeologist, and we moved around a lot. I worked in seasonal jobs myself for several years, and even when I've had a "permanent" job, I've managed to make it not that permanent!

So not much stability for me in the way of housing and finances. And a driving need for freedom. After learning a bit of astrology, I thought it was my moon in Sag. Someone on another thread here told me the moon equals need for security, but in Sagittarius, freedom is perceived as security. Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but on an emotional level, it feels like that's true.

And I have Chiron in conjunction with not only the IC, but also with Jupiter, which is just on the other IC in the third house, and the whole thing apparently forms a grand trine with my sun and moon. At least, the IC definitely does, and I've seen conflicting information on my different computerized birth charts as to whether or not Chiron, Jupiter, or both is included in the grand trine.
Thank you! My son has chrion 4th pisces which mirrors his moon placement... so i felt like ill ***** him up... butttt i dont think i will lol well not more than any other parent. He does have a leo 9 th stellium...
And ceres 12th scorp..
He might just be a doctor without borders♡ or whatever he wants is fine as long as he is happy... i mean i am very laid back im worried he might see me as flaky but his saturn trine moon gives me hope. I hate how people unload their emotional baggage onto one aspect. It is like a witch hunt yet i do it as well... anyways i have a tense chrion 10th or 11 whole sign. I was always blessed with getting jobs easily. 11 would make more sense.. my biggest heart breaks were from friends or friends turning on me after i tried to protect them or be honest.

Senator

Hello Neptune Rising.

I feel you... We are almost the same generation and I am too will take my third hit of Pluto square my Pluto experience at 11.35'38'' ... I am a Scorpio AC with Neptune in first and Mars will be at the same degree 11.35'.38'' with transiting pluto exact... which worries me a little this hit... Anyway.

Chiron works yes in a chart... The presence of Chiron tells a lot about where will you take your wound ... which I guess... there is no heal to it (As chiron didn't heal in the myth.)

It can... But can you defeat the negative side of the Moon (Subconscious mind) in Pisces with Neptune rising?
is Neptune on the Exact degree of the AC?

Where is your Mars and its condition matters...

Love2Know

Hello Neptune Rising.

I feel you... We are almost the same generation and I am too will take my third hit of Pluto square my Pluto experience at 11.35'38'' ... I am a Scorpio AC with Neptune in first and Mars will be at the same degree 11.35'.38'' with transiting pluto exact... which worries me a little this hit... Anyway.

Chiron works yes in a chart... The presence of Chiron tells a lot about where will you take your wound ... which I guess... there is no heal to it (As chiron didn't heal in the myth.)

It can... But can you defeat the negative side of the Moon (Subconscious mind) in Pisces with Neptune rising?

I think maybe chrion should be where you fully heal .. we arnt him we have his help

Neptune Rising

Hello Neptune Rising.

Hi Senator
I've finished with Pluto square Pluto, it really changed my whole vocational outlook (Pluto on 10th cusp). With my Chiron in Aries in 4th house, I recognise my family history being one of arguments and fights, which up until these last few years, I've been pretty unconscious about. I've read that Chiron in Aries can thwart the persons will, 'fire', or self assertion. Chiron is also trine Mars in my chart from 4th house. I guess that would make it unconscious for the early part of my life because its so innate.

I tended to avoid all confrontations, so I had within me a power imbalance, either projecting it out or internalising it, just for the fear of facing my fear of arguments or fearing my own assertion of will. This last year though I've had to spend alot more time with my family due to my mum being unwell. Facing her partner who sees me as competition and me standing up to him, especially when I see things that are not in her best interests has brought all that stuff to the surface inside me. I still get the inner fear when I face him when he is angry, which is pretty often, but I'm getting better at just observing and not reacting.

I feel it relates to my insecurity which relates to my dodgy housing situation is I've had a fear of establishing myself in will, which would filter into all aspects of my life but especially for me in my roots or where I choose to put my roots. I could not stand up for myself in a balanced way in the past, so I could not therefore put down balanced roots, 'stand my ground'. I think that Pisces unconscous is becoming conscious.

I also wonder if that is due to the Neptune conjunct to natal Moon transit. It can be thought initially to be delusionsional, but at an astrological meeting I heard a speaker say, each planet goes through its own 12 houses transit. Eg, Mars in Aries will be in Mars' first house, and Mars in Pisces will be in its 12th house. Same as Saturn in Cap is in its first house, Saturn in Aqua is in its 12th house. So Nep in Pisces is in Nepune's first house, so my own lunar unconscious is becoming conscious.

Neptune Rising

So, for me, Chiron can be a positive when the wound, the deeply buried conscious becomes conscious. The wound will always be there, that is the wisdom it imparts. The positive comes from learning from the wound rather than denying its presence. I've found it takes a catalyst for it to be made conscious, or several catalysts over a number of years. I would also describe it as a process. Planets like Pluto I've found to be 'events', whereas, Chiron tends to be 'processes', to me.

CapEclipse

Hi Neptune Rising:

What an interesting post. I'm curious, since your post was written in 2008, how's it going now with feeling stable and in one place? I'm asking for you, and for me.

Only today I had an astrologer talk to me about Chiron in Aries in my 4th house, both natal and currently transiting :w00t: so I'm researching. :cool: How's it going with you?

Audrey

It's nice CapEclipse resurrected this thread. I also have Chiron in the 4th in Gemini.

I have moved around a lot. I ended up immigrating and settling in a different country far away from my family and friends. I'm usually on the move. I think the longest I've stayed put in a place is about three years and I'm currently planning my next move.

I think this is one of the most painful placements in my chart. Sorry to add another negative story to the Chiron in the 4th thread. I had a rather unstable upbringing. I don't remember my childhood too fondly.

It's interesting to think about the dual nature of Gemini and how this has manifested in my life. I have always felt like I'm caught between two cultures and two languages. I sometimes find it very hard to express my ideas because I'm not confident in my language abilities.

Astrologersanz

My brother have chiron transiting through his 4th.. natal mars conjuncted the transit Chiron at some point.

He moved out from his apt to a mortgage home.. His house took a while to be built, had plumbing issues, his credit was an major issue in getting the right loans, everything seem forced and stressful. Haven't witnessed any family problems.. He seems to get along with my dad as per now. I'll keep updating...

Love2Know

It's nice CapEclipse resurrected this thread. I also have Chiron in the 4th in Gemini.

I have moved around a lot. I ended up immigrating and settling in a different country far away from my family and friends. I'm usually on the move. I think the longest I've stayed put in a place is about three years and I'm currently planning my next move.

I think this is one of the most painful placements in my chart. Sorry to add another negative story to the Chiron in the 4th thread. I had a rather unstable upbringing. I don't remember my childhood too fondly.

It's interesting to think about the dual nature of Gemini and how this has manifested in my life. I have always felt like I'm caught between two cultures and two languages. I sometimes find it very hard to express my ideas because I'm not confident in my language abilities.

Hmm interesting how never moving bothered me as a child. My chrion is 10. I felt there were opportunities my parents missed. It caused me stress as a child.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have something interesting to add to this. I was at an astrology event yesterday, and a fellow amateur astrologer looked at my chart and told me it looks like I could do healing and teaching work from my home. With both Jupiter and Chiron on my IC, it makes perfect sense--and even more sense because I'm now studying herbalism, and it's extremely common for herbalists to work from home. He pointed out that astrologers often do, too.

To have the right space for that, though, I would have to change my living situation from my current one. However, I've committed to staying put at least until I finish my herbalism course (unless an opportunity to move within the same area comes along, I just can't leave the area where I'm studying). Since I committed to doing the herbalism program, I've felt committed to staying where I am for the first time in years, even though I have, in fact, stayed put for going on 8 years now.

KiloHoku

I have a 4th house Aries Chiron.

I seem to differ from others of us in that I grew up in a family in which every member loved me dearly. True, my father was absent, but I never missed him because my mom, grandma and grandpa all gave me everything I needed emotionally and mentally. The few occasions that I did see my dad, he was kind to me and I liked him. But I still never wondered why they weren't together or thought it was wrong somehow.

But I AM the same as the rest of us in that my mom, though I loved her and she loved me, was not at all stable in her living arrangements. We did a lot of moving, went through an eviction, lived in cars, hotels and at my grandparents house. My grandparents showed me real stability. They always lived in the same house, that I still love to this day (though they're both dead and the house long sold). I went to grandma and grandpas house after school everyday until my mom came to get me after work. Even at her most stable, I don't think my mom and I lived the same place for much longer than one year.

As far as my wound NOW, a home has been my greatest longing my entire life. But the home that I mourn above all is the Earth, itself. The Earth is very healing to me and all I've ever wanted is to have a plot of earth on which I can grow gardens, make creative pools and landscaping, build fires, see the stars and live in tipi's, yurts, tree-houses, or whatever kind of thing I fancy building at any time.

Not only have money and credit issues kept me from this, but also, the land I want would necessarily be far from society. But because I have the drive to be a teacher and healer in the world, I hesitate for the isolation that my land would entail. It's, therefore, a sacrifice that I make for the sake of what I want to offer the world.

I'm very serious about a home. I want it, and I think I deserve it. I cry for it. Is this heal-able? I honestly don't know. My grandpa never healed his (10th house). I'm not sure I can think of anyone who HAS. But that isn't stopping me from hoping and doing whatever I can, whenever the time seems right or opportunity presents itself.