two of the worlds oldest people died on the same day.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...-ray-oldest-person-in-us-dies-at-114/19387988

And I am at work so I can't imput their natal charts right now but give me an hour (or thereabouts) and I will if somebody hasn't beat me to it. And I half wondered if this should go under mundane astrology but it has to do with the transits that it got two people on the same day. Anyway feel free to move the thread if necessary.

First person: Mary Josephine Ray died early Sunday (March 7, 2010) at a nursing home in Westmoreland, N.H. She was 114 years and 294 days old. She was certified as the oldest living person in the USA. Ray was born in Canada's Prince Edward Island on May 17, 1895.

Second person: Daisey Bailey. Born March 30, 1896, in Tennessee. Died Sunday (March 7, 2010) at 10:03 pm in Detroit, Michigan. She was 113 years and 342 days old.

Do you wonder if it has anything to do with Pluto in Capricorn?

Here's the article in full.

Two of the World's Oldest People Die on Same Day

Updated: 13 minutes ago

Print
textresize
Text Size
E-mail http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...y, Die on Same Day - AOL News&content=&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...y, Die on Same Day - AOL News&content=&lng=enhttp://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...y, Die on Same Day - AOL News&content=&lng=enMore

Lisa Flam Contributor
AOL News
(March 8) -- Sunday was a sad day for supercentenarians: Two of the 10 oldest people in the world died within a 24-hour span.

"March 7, 2010, will go down in history as the first time two top-10 supercentenarians died on the same day," said Robert Young, of the Gerontology Research Group. "This is a very elite group, the very top of the population pyramid."

Mary Josephine Ray, certified by the research group as the oldest person living in the U.S. and the second oldest in the world, died early Sunday at a nursing home in Westmoreland, N.H. She was 114 years and 294 days old.
1268071006994.JPEG
Steve Hooper, Keene Sentinel / AP
Mary Josephine Ray celebrates her 111th birthday on May 17, 2006, in Westmoreland, N.H. She died Sunday at 114.

Hours later, Daisey Bailey, the oldest living black person in the world and the fifth oldest person in the world, died at 10:03 p.m. in Detroit, Young said. Born March 30, 1896, in Tennessee, she was 113 years and 342 days old, Young said. The gerontology group certified her age using two Censuses, but her family believes she was born on the same day one year earlier, he added.

"It's sad." Young said. "Mary Josephine was looking forward to 115," and Bailey had a 114th birthday party coming up.

Bailey, who suffered from dementia for the last 10 years, liked to garden and spend time with friends and family, said her granddaughter and caretaker Helen Arnold.

"She was a sweet person," Arnold said. "She just enjoyed life and people."

Growing up on a farm in Tennessee, Bailey helped heat the house the old-fashioned way. "She used to carry the wood on her shoulders," Arnold said. She also ironed and washed clothes to earn money for the family.

Bailey had four children and outlived them all. "She was like a mother to me," said Arnold, 73.

Although Mary Josephine hadn't been feeling well in recent weeks, she recently got dressed and got into her wheelchair to give an interview to a reporter. "She loved all the attention," her daughter-in-law, Barbara Ray, told the New Hampshire Union Leader.

"She just enjoyed life," her granddaughter, Katherine Ray, told The Associated Press. "She never thought of dying at all. She was planning for her birthday party."

"I think we're going to miss her; she was a big part of our day," Trisha Moore, a licensed nursing assistant at the Maplewood County Nursing Home, told the Union Leader.

Moore said Ray was pleased when a girl wrote her to ask for her autograph. "When she got mail from fans, she got really excited," Moore told the newspaper.

Ray was born in Canada's Prince Edward Island on May 17, 1895. She moved to the U.S. at age 3 and lived for 60 years in Maine. She moved to Westmoreland in 2002 to be near her children.

With Ray's death, the oldest living American is Neva Morris of Ames, Iowa, at 114 years, 216 days. The world's oldest person is Japan's Kama Chinen. She is 114 years, 301 days, a week older than Ray was.

The gerontology group, which studies why the oldest people live as long as they do, now has 75 validated supercentenarians worldwide -- those age 110 or older. Seventy-two are women.

OK I'm heading to the grocery store and then home so I'll post those charts soon.

Here's the first one. Mary Josephine Ray. I just took the easy way out and put transiting Mars right on her rising. I did not employ any rectification techniques. I DO note that transiting Saturn is right on her chiron.

mary_josephine_ray_83221_24866.gif

And here is Daisey's chart. This time it didn't appear to (at a quick 2 sec glance) be Leo rising so I just put the sun on the rising....again no rectification done. Daisey died at 10:03 pm in Detroit, Michigan USA so I just put March 8, 2010 for transits knowing it'd use a midnight time so it can't be off my much. That puts Pluto on the midheaven and hey she made the news because of her death. I know....just grasping at straws. lol. But NOW I want to see what you knowledgeable astrologers have to say so I can learn from ya!

daisey_bailey_84021_21765.gif

Last edited:

Mr stellium

Here's the first one. Mary Josephine Ray. I just took the easy way out and put transiting Mars right on her rising. I did not employ any rectification techniques. I DO note that transiting Saturn is right on her chiron.

mary_josephine_ray_83221_24866.gif
The only workout that comes close to her actual longevity is if Saturn were the giver of years, which seems right because Saturn is the Bound ruler of the Sun which is probably the hyleg. Saturn gives 57y, + 25y 69.5m (Trine Moon) + 12y 45m (Trine Jupiter) + 8y 48m (trine Venus) = approximately 115 years - Very close!

Mr stellium

And here is Daisey's chart. This time it didn't appear to (at a quick 2 sec glance) be Leo rising so I just put the sun on the rising....again no rectification done. Daisey died at 10:03 pm in Detroit, Michigan USA so I just put March 8, 2010 for transits knowing it'd use a midnight time so it can't be off my much. That puts Pluto on the midheaven and hey she made the news because of her death. I know....just grasping at straws. lol. But NOW I want to see what you knowledgeable astrologers have to say so I can learn from ya!

daisey_bailey_84021_21765.gif
Maybe Sun is the hyleg and giver of years here as Sun is exalted in Aries - Sun gives 120 years, no additions or subtractions.

Bir Singh Khari

As per Vedic astrology , in the natal chart of Daisy Bailey some combinations are there which
explains the astrological reasons behind her longevity.
1. It is AQUARIUS rising in her ascendant and the lord of ascendant SATURN is situated in 9th ( house of fortune ) , it is in the sign of it’s exaltation . House tenanted by lord of ascendant is the house of his best friendly planet (VENUS) which is a good combination causing planet of her natal chart too .
2. VENUS being 9th lord and planet of causing good combinations in natal chart is situated in Ascendant ( house of his best friendly planet) . Thus there is an exchange of signs between the lord of ascendant and 9th lord .
3. SATURN is a natural indicator of death too. Saturn and Venus both are situated in the
Constellation of Jupiter .This is the conjunction of 1st and 9th lords.
4. In D/9 too the lord of fortune and natural indicator of death is Saturn which is in ascendant & in the sign of it’s friendly planet VENUS. IN D/9 chart SATURN is a planet causing good combination too.
5.IN D/9 MOON is giving its exaltation aspect on ascendant.
6.From MOON the lord of ascendant and 8th (house of death ) is VENUS. If lord of ascendant becomes the lord of 8th too then he gets free from the afflictions of 8th house.

ALL ABOVE EXPLAINED COMBINATIONS SHOWS THAT “ DEATH “ IS WEAK AND LIFE IS VERY MUCH STRONG &POWERFUL IN THIS NATAL CHART.