Second Saturn return advice

Kuntuzangmo

The first one was dramatic in the realm of relationships. As this one approaches, I'm finding myself feeling a bit glum, keeping to myself. I have Saturn conjunct Moon in Capricorn and the whole transit will continue over the next 14 months or so.
If you've had a challenging Saturn return, especially the second one, do you have any advice on how to best handle it?
Thanks.

kimbermoon

I hear you. Both my Saturn returns were very difficult, since I have Saturn/Scorpio in the 1st H. They definitely affected my sense of self-expression in the outer world. If you would share your chart with me, I would be happy to have a personal dialogue with you, via a personal message.

Kuntuzangmo

Here it the chart.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 10.03.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 10.03.38 PM.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 44

waybread

My second Saturn return occurred at a time with a lot of other stressors occurring in my life and horoscope. Pluto hit my angles, Neptune hit my sun, and Neptune was no picnic, either. I decided to retire at this time, as I didn't want to face all this stress during a very demanding job. It actually went just fine.

But here's the secret to a successful transit. By sign, house, planet, and aspects, find empowering interpretations that are consistent with the planet's core meanings. This is called choice-centered astrology. Saturn rules old age, so think about how you would like to live into your senior years. Devise some actions that are consistent with your core Saturn meanings as well as any other transits occurring at the time.

Just for example:

Disciplined emotions.

Re-doing your home (moon) in keeping with a spare, simpler lifestyle.

Learning your family (moon) history (Saturn)

Taking a course in women's history.

Becoming a village elder.

Gardening (Saturn is the traditional ruler of agriculture) around your home (moon.)

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

Thanks Waybread.
All that sounds good and would normally for someone, for instance, interested in retiring which many do at this time. But I'm actually coming out of retirement, slowly....and for the last two years have been overcoming some chronic health stuff. I'm trying to incorporate all the inner supportive activities along with the necessities of going back out into the world after a pretty long hiatus.

waybread

I'm glad you're feeling better.

But please take my post as suggestive, not conclusive. What can you say that is appropriate for your stage of life that is consistent with an empowering interpretation of moon-Saturn in Capricorn?

Kuntuzangmo

Well, the dignified Saturn in Capricorn for me is all the positive traits such as responsibility, loyalty, leadership, action...and using discipline with the emotions and mind via meditation and other activities is the Moon/Saturn. The necessity of all this is amplified. What makes it challenging is that having come out of a very long chronic illness where energy reserves were severely depleted, and while overall things are going in a good direction, I actually just want to stay in, be quiet, rest. I feel like I push myself way too far to compensate for past mistakes perhaps.
While so much better than I was, still feel worn out and need to recharge more