Persephone in the natal chart

Neptune Rising

Hello

My Persephone is square to natal Ascendant and opposed to Ascendant ruler, Jupiter. I'll give a very brief description, in mythology, Persephone was taken from her mother Demeter/Ceres by Hades/Pluto into the Underworld to become his wife and Queen of the Underworld. Her mother mourned the loss of her daughter, causing winter to fall upon the earth. A deal was struck between Demeter and Hades for Persephone to return to her mother for part of the year, but she had to return to live with her husband, Hades for the remaining part of the year.

In my chart, Persephone square ascendant is quite a strong feature and explains alot about my own relationship with my mother and life experience. I am feeling this especially now after spending some time with my mum over Christmas, now feeling as if I've been taken away from her, by distance and circumstance, into the harsh world of Hades. Geographical distance means I cannot see her as much as I would like to, she is the only family I have, at least in this country and I miss her, but I feel fate seperates us. It could be also because my progressed Moon square natal/prog Pluto is taking me on a pretty dark and painful journey at the moment - since its been one degree away from exact, tears everyday. My mum's Sun is opposite my Persephone, and her north node conjuncts my Persephone, so there is a definate hint of the mythological tale with our relationship.

I have also encountered relationships where the other person's Pluto conjuncts my Persephone. They were real eye openers.

Does anyone have Persephone stories to share?

from what little research I seen I can't find any link with astrology except for one site.

I have persephone square Asc in 4th house and definately doesn't fit me...

Fourth House: "We may be afraid to step out from the shadow of our childhood and want to be taken care of throughout our lives as if we were still children"
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1092

anyone wanting to research should put 399 in bottom left on astro in Extended chart selelction...

Neptune Rising

Interesting article, thanks for the link A50.

I think it does apply to me, at least as its also opposed the Jupiter, chart ruler, and sextile 7th house Saturn. I tend to draw relationships with older men who somehow trigger that Persephone. I recognise it now, whereas before, I was quite unconscious of it. But with me and my mum, it definatly features, even my step father notices our bond, also due to my Pisces Moon/Jupiter, her Pisces Sun opposite my Persephone. It is a strong bond we have, but life creates things to keep us apart geographically, I guess so we can learn our individual lessons.

I'm not sure of the descriptions in the website however, the 9th house one definately doesn't apply to me, but my Pluto also border on the 9th cusp, I very much define my own moral code based on my philosohpical studies.

princess valhalla

I love the story of persephone in mythology, one of my favorites.
In my chart it is in the sign of Leo, 4th house.
The aspects it forms in my chart are: square chiron and trine mercury.
Although I have no idea the interpretation of those aspects.

Neptune Rising

Hi princess V

That is interesting. What degree in Leo is it? From another thread, I notice your IC is at 6 degrees Leo. I read that the IC/Nadir is what we inherit, maybe from a past life or from life itself (need to look into that more). Perhaps it plays out in your life in some way, maybe in the home (nadir) or with your father (4th house)...? If it is square your 12th house Chiron, it sounds very karmic in nature, maybe the effects of that square are slightly subconscious, only triggered during major transits...?

princess valhalla

Hello Neptune Rising!

No wonder I always loved the story of Persephone and Demeter when I read it in middle school!

It's on the 13th degree of Leo which is interestingly enough the 'Degree of Literature'! :tongue: I didn't know the degree of my IC so thank you for that info. It says 6th degree of Leo is 'Sight.' And it is square my chiron (9th degree Taurus 'Neurasthenia'?) in the 12th! :smile:
I would agree that it does indeed seem karmic!

I wish I had paid attention to (or known of transits) previously so I could look back and see if anything weird happened during that time.

I am definitely going to look into this more.

Thank you so much! :love:
Sarah

theV

I was looking for this thread for a long time now because I love th myth of Persephone/Proserpine. It is a Scorpio/Virgo archetype.Proserpina
Pluto’s wife. Symbol of go-between status, bridging powerful people/entities.Proserpina was about sexuality as power.taken from website jessicaadams.

Proserpine 26 in my natal chart is in virgo.It parallel my sun/venus and also parallel ceres her mother. Proserpine is parallel to the sun/ceres midpoint also to the venus/ceres midpoint.