Grand Cross?

Cary2

Banned
Many astrologers will not allow an angle to be part of a configuration like Grand Cross, Grand Trine and T-square. You have included Ascendant in the Grand Cross.

I don't mind including anything in a configuration that makes aspects to other factors. If we consider an opposition, trine or square to a thing, we ought to consider its inclusion in a configuration, but interpreting the significance of a configuration is not a mystical ritual.

The most important thing about any configuration is what factors comprise the configuration.

Key to your son's chart are the Mars/Saturn conjunction on Descendant and the group Venus/Jupiter/Mercury on IC.

Ordinarily, a Mercury-Uranus opposition will often signal a strange person who spouts far-fetched or harebrained opinions or theories, but in this case, it is Mercury/Jupiter/Venus opposed to Uranus, and Uranus is trine his Sun. I think your son will be very, very intelligent, and he will have vast curiosity.

If we allow Ascendant to be part of a Grand Cross, we must recognize great challenges to your son. He may have severe systemic challenges to his health to which he may add substance abuse. There may be injuries from violence or falls. He may be indecisive and slow to make up his mind. He will be stop-go: he will have bursts of high energy followed by withdrawal of energy.

He has a great sense of aesthetics and will excel at art or literature or other creativity.

Last edited:

El Capricorn

Hi Cary,

Thanks heaps for your great insight. Yes he is ultra intelligent even as a 4yr old! So I can see how that is playing out already. I note Neptune has significance in his chart and I will be very aware as he grows as to how that may influence.

He is heavy 60% mercury dominant, Earth and Mutable dominant which is quite a mix!at this stage I am trying to help him channel his energy, which is exactly as you described! Stop/start and he moves from off/on in big bursts! Each day is different and he soaks up everything like a sponge. His intellect is way beyond whati would expect for his age. And lastly yes his creativektity is beautiful, he draws lots of complex things and he can't even spell his own name yet. Words,language are all his string points. You have helped to articulate where this is all coming from and why his chart is set up the way that it is. Greatly appreciated, thank you!