How do they feel about her?

quattlestrologyy

A friend of mine is curious as to how a man she's been dealing with for sometime feels about her. She drew the chart herself, making her the querent. It's evident to me there's some sort of emotional connection between them and that he does care for her on some level, but he struggles so much with expressing himself that she's lost. She's not asking if they're going to get married and live happily ever after, just really wants to know where his head/heart is.

She's Venus, he's Mars. They're both in their own 12th houses, which makes sense because there's a very private, secret nature to their relationship. They're in an applying opposition, not too sure how that is going to play out. Any help would be very appreciated!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_horary.35507.45767.jpg
    astro_2gw_horary.35507.45767.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 45

ElenaJ

One consideration is the void of course moon. It needs just 6 minutes to change signs.
So, is the chart valid? As it is it looks as though nothing exists about this situation.
The significators as you wrote are approaching an opposition, each from their own sign, with no reception whatsoever. There is no connection between them.
Is there actually a relationship going on? Because it doesn't seem that either one of them really cares about the other.
There is also an ascendent in via combust.
Check the validity of the chart, it may be that it just isn't valid for reading.

scahm

One consideration is the void of course moon. It needs just 6 minutes to change signs.
So, is the chart valid? As it is it looks as though nothing exists about this situation.
The significators as you wrote are approaching an opposition, each from their own sign, with no reception whatsoever. There is no connection between them.
Is there actually a relationship going on? Because it doesn't seem that either one of them really cares about the other.
There is also an ascendent in via combust.
Check the validity of the chart, it may be that it just isn't valid for reading.

I know Venus and Mars are in adverse reception, but is there anything worth noting about Mars being in the terms of Venus?

Also Elena, please could you explain what ascendent in via combust means?

ElenaJ

Adverse reception?
There is no reception between the two. Each is in its own sign.
Mars is not in the terms of Venus. It is in the terms of mercury.
Are you seeing some way in which mars is receiving or favourable to Venus?

Please remember to check out the validity of the chart. If it isn't valid, then your friend could wait until the question comes to her spontaneously and make a new chart.

Via combusta is an area, The Burned Way, which weakens the moon or planets or points located there.
Here is an explanation from Horary Astrology Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 17.44.46.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 17.44.46.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21

scahm

Adverse reception?
There is no reception between the two. Each is in its own sign.
Mars is not in the terms of Venus. It is in the terms of mercury.
Are you seeing some way in which mars is receiving or favourable to Venus?

Please remember to check out the validity of the chart. If it isn't valid, then your friend could wait until the question comes to her spontaneously and make a new chart.

Via combusta is an area, The Burned Way, which weakens the moon or planets or points located there.
Here is an explanation from Horary Astrology Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis.

Ah my apologies, I mis-read 16 degrees Aries as 13 degrees for some reason. I blame Mercury retrograde! Wouldn't both Mars and Venus being in planets of the other's detriment equate to adverse/negative reception?

Thanks for posting that excerpt, it's very helpful.

ElenaJ

So what does negative reception do for you?
I wouldn't call it adverse reception, I don't see it as reception.

scahm

I'm not stating that it does anything - all I'm suggesting is that it shows that both parties are unfavourable to one another.

ElenaJ

So basically, nothing there.

Check the validity

Sorry, just to add that it isn't that they are unfavourable. It's just that there is no link. It's a subtle difference. They are two different planets

Last edited:

quattlestrologyy

They aren't in a committed relationship, they're both seeing other people but they're aware of that, neither of them are good with commitment. Interestingly enough she told me that earlier yesterday he randomly told her he loves her. She was just curious about how he feels about her cuz they both struggle with acknowledging and verbalizing they're feelings (they both have moon square saturn :annoyed: ) Hopefully this chart is more valid. Thank you guys so far.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_horary.24645.15544.jpg
    astro_2gw_horary.24645.15544.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 23