intercepted signs

Mxhelle

Ok so i was wondering how yould you read intercepted signs?
correct me if im wrong but the intercepted sign would be the qualities that are dormant in a person ( because of their childhood) and basically the karmic lessons one must learn in this lifetime ?

For example this persons 1st house is ruled by leo but virgo is also in it and it occupies a larger portion so although this persons leo is their ascendant they have way more Virgo qualities
their Leo nature was probably shunned as a child their creativity ETC ..
also their sun sits in the intercepted leo so they have a confusion of who they are jupiter also sits in the leo so maybe through their creativity then can reconnect with that inner leo ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 39

Mxhelle

this would be an example of an intercepted sign instead
Libra rules over the 2nd and 3rd house completely skipping scorpio and therefore completely skipping taurus as well in the 9th house

[this is also not an interception - Moderator]

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

Mxhelle

I’m curious about this, too. Can anyone break it down in simple terms?

So I found some information on this and the second sign would be referred so as a co-ascendent sign , and the person in question would be leave more like that sign so in this example the person behaves more like a Virgo but still got some leo qualities

NC.png

In this example Aries and Libra are intercepted in 4th (Libra) and 10th (Aries) house. 2nd and 3rd house are connected by Leo, and 8th and 9th by Aquarius.

According to astrologers Marion March and Joan McEvers (their book "The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Vol. 2: Math & Interpretation Techniques") the houses in which the signs are intercepted are the most active houses of the chart. Intercepted planets are planets that are in intercepted signs. Their energies are limited and will remain like that until you learn how to use those energies. Resolution of this problem can be found through house which is ruled by intercepted planet (in my example I have intercepted Jupiter in Aries and Jupiter is the ruler of my 6th house in Sagittarius, so problems can be resolved through 6th house). Aspects should also be considered. Things get complicated when Sun, Moon, ruler of the ascendant or ruler of the intercepted sign are intercepted planets. On the other side, if there are intercepted signs, there must be two pairs of houses connected by one sign. These houses and things that they represent will be somehow connected.

They also give interpretations for each planet and connected houses, if you have a specific question.

Hope this helps! :smile:

greybeard

Look up the word "intercept" in your dictionary. Think of "interception" in American football. Think of Spitfires in the Battle of Britain...they were "interceptors". Think of an "intercepted message". It means "being cut off from reaching its intended destination". We might change the idea slightly and say "unable to fully develop".

The old astrologers who selected these terms were very careful in their choice of words. Use the dictionary to learn astrology.

Now, we have looked up "intercept", so let's just look at that chart and see what we can say about what we see. We could say the intercepted sign is "out of touch", which sort of echoes the idea of "cut off". How about "shut in"? In the right context that could be a useful meaning for interception. Isolated, yeah. Confined. ...have fun. There are lots of ideas here, and you select the one that best fits your interpretive needs.

We can say "enclosed", "hidden or secret".

In horary art intercepted signs or planets may indicate a murky atmosphere surrounding the question itself and recommend care in understanding all factors involved in the question. An intercepted significator may show that the person represented is set in his ways, fixed in his ideas and unlikely to change.

Last edited:

greybeard

I don't like discussing my own chart in public, but it may be useful here.

I have Moon, lord of the Ascendant, intercepted in Libra in the 4th. A visiting astrologer, on seeing this feature, asked if I had a private room in my home. As a child, my mother would retire to her bedroom and write poetry. I have a deep need for an inner sanctum. It may be physical or simply psychological.

Moon is chart ruler and angular, so the implications and ramifications of the interception spread wide and deep throughout the chart (life) in many forms.

You can see how the ideas of isolation, enclosure, being cut off, etc. fit the reality.

Last edited: