What is your most elevated planet and how has it manifested itself?

wan

Hello. I was reading about the most elevated planet and most sources seem to say that it is very important and can predict one's career and public image. So what is your most elevated planet and what aspect does it form to your midheaven? Further, how satisfied are you on the career front and does your line of work align with this planet?

My most elevated planet is Neptune (see chart below). It conjuncts my midheaven by very small degrees. I have been drifting aimlessly through life, in a manner that is quite consistent with the qualifies associated with Neptune. I have changed jobs for umpteen times but could never seem to find my true calling. Sometimes I almost wish I didn't have Neptune on my midheaven.

What has your experience been?

Attachments

• birthchart.gif
    birthchart.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 53

GeminiGrrl

Hello. I was reading about the most elevated planet and most sources seem to say that it is very important and can predict one's career and public image. So what is your most elevated planet and what aspect does it form to your midheaven? Further, how satisfied are you on the career front and does your line of work align with this planet?

My most elevated planet is Neptune (see chart below). It conjuncts my midheaven by very small degrees. I have been drifting aimlessly through life, in a manner that is quite consistent with the qualifies associated with Neptune. I have changed jobs for umpteen times but could never seem to find my true calling. Sometimes I almost wish I didn't have Neptune on my midheaven.

What has your experience been?

My Midheaven is in Virgo, and my most elevated planet is Pluto because that's the one closest to my Midheaven. Actually, according to my natal chart, Pluto is conjunct my Midheaven (although at six degrees of orb, which seems a bit too wide to qualify as an aspect when you're talking about an outer planet). According to the usual interpretations, someone with Pluto conjunct the Midheaven wants to be in a position of power over other people and is willing to do very nearly anything to get there...but nothing could be further from the truth in my case. The very last thing I want to do is manage other people, and I certainly can't claim to have much success in my professional life. I do prefer to work independently rather than as part of a team, and I cannot abide being micromanaged (no doubt in part because my Pluto is also conjunct my Uranus at an orb of five degrees). Unfortunately, Pluto is thought by some to be in its fall in Virgo -- and my natal Pluto is also afflicted by a stellium of almost all my inner planets (Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars) although at a very wide orb of nine degrees. According to all the natal charts I've ever had drawn up, that still counts.

wan

I think Pluto conjunct midheaven can also be taken to mean that you have the power to effect tremendous change in whatever field you choose.

AtomsInPlace

I think my most elevated planet is the Moon (in Aries 8th H) it makes a semi-square to the MC (Gemini) and I would say that my emotional sensitivity and (at times) impulsiveness has definately not done me any favours with helping find and/or stick to a particular path with regards to a career.

I also have Neptune opposite the MC so I can relate with WAN's feeling of drifting aimlessly with regards to jobs/career.

I have had so many different kinds of jobs, in 3 different countries, but alas, I just end up quitting and moving on to the next thing, hoping that I'll finally find something that "fits". Also ruler of MC is tightly conjunct my ascendant, so it seems that it's really important for me to find some job/career that fits with me as a whole person?

Attachments

• My Chart.gif
    My Chart.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

and I would say that my emotional sensitivity
and (at times) impulsiveness has definately not done me any favours with helping find
and/or stick to a particular path with regards to a career.

I also have Neptune opposite the MC
so I can relate with WAN's feeling of drifting aimlessly with regards to jobs/career.

I have had so many different kinds of jobs,
in 3 different countries, but alas,
I just end up quitting and moving on to the next thing,
hoping that I'll finally find something that "fits".
Also ruler of MC is tightly conjunct my ascendant,
so it seems that it's really important for me
to find some job/career that fits with me as a whole person?
Your ascendant ruler is MERCURY
so your continual change of jobs reflects Mercurys changeable influence

Think of the word MERCURIAL
= characterized by rapid and unpredictable changeableness of mood
for example a mercurial temper

Your Mercury ruled VIRGO ascendant with Mercury conjunct
means you may 'be mercurial' by nature :smile:
i.e.
restles, changeable

Aries Moon may aspect MC
however Mercury is the main influence as ruler of your MC

AtomsInPlace

Your ascendant ruler is MERCURY
so your continual change of jobs reflects Mercurys changeable influence

Think of the word MERCURIAL
= characterized by rapid and unpredictable changeableness of mood
for example a mercurial temper

Your Mercury ruled VIRGO ascendant with Mercury conjunct
means you may 'be mercurial' by nature :smile:
i.e.
restles, changeable

Aries Moon may aspect MC
however Mercury is the main influence as ruler of your MC

That makes alot of sense :w00t:

I would definately describe myself as restless...Sometimes it's hard to sit still, just need to flutter around...

Also in work situations...After some time I feel I need to move on and do something else...

Thank you JUPITERASC for helping me see with more clarity...

2jKMHc.jpg

JUPITERASC

That makes alot of sense :w00t:

I would definately describe myself as restless...Sometimes it's hard to sit still, just need to flutter around...

Also in work situations...After some time I feel I need to move on and do something else...

Thank you JUPITERASC for helping me see with more clarity...
That's ok :smile:
Once you are aware of your restless, changeable nature
then find work that chimes with your nature
work where the environment is constantly changing
or somehow incorporate travelling as part of your work

wan

I also have Neptune opposite the MC so I can relate with WAN's feeling of drifting aimlessly with regards to jobs/career.

I have had so many different kinds of jobs, in 3 different countries, but alas, I just end up quitting and moving on to the next thing, hoping that I'll finally find something that "fits".

I think all this might have to do with the fact you have mutable signs on your angles. Mutable signs are very changeable and restless.

AtomsInPlace

I think all this might have to do with the fact you have mutable signs on your angles. Mutable signs are very changeable and restless.

Yes everything does seem to be pointing at strong Mercurial energy at play. I guess the Moon just amplifies this?

Perhaps I was so preoccupied with the moon because of the intense depth of feeling it inspires within me?

Sometimes we lose sight of ourselves when being carried away with the ebb and flow of inner feelings, even if one doesn't outwardly manifest them, which Virgo's can be quite adept at.

AppLeo

chartbag.jpg

So the most elevated planet in your chart is what?...

The planet closest to your midheaven or most vertical?

Pluto is closest to my midheaven; isn't that just great! :w00t:

I wonder what an elevated Pluto means? I guess I would be right in choosing a career in psychiatry or psychology. I've always thought about being a detective as well, but meh I don't know. Whatever career I choose I'll probably have a negative reputation because that's what pluto does. Plus, I have Scorpio MC to top it off. Looks like I'll never be great in the public eye. And there's chiron! Jesus. :lol:

AtomsInPlace

View attachment 65966

I wonder what an elevated Pluto means? I guess I would be right in choosing a career in psychiatry or psychology. I've always thought about being a detective as well, but meh I don't know. Whatever career I choose I'll probably have a negative reputation because that's what pluto does. Plus, I have Scorpio MC to top it off. Looks like I'll never be great in the public eye. And there's chiron! Jesus. :lol:

I imagine you could do well as a Clinical Sexologist. All that Plutonian/Scorpio energy around the MC, a Virgoan moon in the 8th, with Mercury and NN.

Your Earthy Capricorn ascendant making a trine to Saturn in sensual Taurus, in the house of communication, might back back this up? And nurturing Venus in Cancer in the 6th house of service and health? A grand trine between Pluto, Sun and Jupiter too.

Much healing can be accomplished in humanity and nature if people became aware of how they often play out many wounds through their sexual expression/energy (like very dark sexuality for example) or lack thereof.

Or it could be manifested as counselling people through the process of death perhaps? Or perhaps a relationship coach of some kind, helping people to transform and heal their relationships?

Either job requires some amount of detective work..

Last edited:

AtomsInPlace

I imagine you could do well as a Clinical Sexologist. All that Plutonian/Scorpio energy around the MC, a Virgoan moon in the 8th, with Mercury and NN.

Your Earthy Capricorn ascendant making a trine to Saturn in sensual Taurus, in the house of communication, might back back this up? And nurturing Venus in Cancer in the 6th house of service and health? A grand trine between Pluto, Sun and Jupiter too.

Much healing can be accomplished in humanity and nature if people became aware of how they often play out many wounds through their sexual expression/energy (like very dark sexuality for example) or lack thereof.

Or it could be manifested as counselling people through the process of death perhaps? Or perhaps a relationship coach of some kind, helping people to transform and heal their relationships?

Either job requires some amount of detective work...

Another thing I noticed is that your 8th and 2nd houses are intercepted
fVxDYj.gif

Last edited:

Fz hb

View attachment 65966

So is Pluto the most elevated or moon? They seem to be equally high above the horizon

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Pluto conj my midheaven and my experience has been to have my thinking about my work transformed to a much higher level. When I moved to another state I started a cleaning business but hoped another job would soon be around the corner. I hated the work mostly because I thought it beneath me and my skills. No other job was in sight, I was miserable and I still remember the day my attitude changed.

At the time I was studying Buddhism and one day while cleaning a home my mind started flashing all my thoughts about my job and I could see a direct link to the Four Noble Truths about suffering and what I needed to do to change. Instead of hurrying though a house I became Mindful of what I was doing. From that day my job was full of purpose and pride. I've been at it for over 25 years and still have the drive and attention to clean some great houses and have some wonderful clients.

Moondance

AppLeo

Clinical sexologist :lol: Honestly, I think I would enjoy a career like that.

Either job requires some amount of detective work..

True. I've always been interested in psychology and healing. Maybe even a physical therapist or something... JupiterASC said I wouldn't be a good therapist because I'm not compassionate :lol:

Another thing I noticed is that your 8th and 2nd houses are intercepted
fVxDYj.gif

I wonder what that means.. All I know is that interceptions have issues in balance.

So is Pluto the most elevated or moon? They seem to be equally high above the horizon

I don't know! You tell me.

Either way, I think both the Moon and Pluto should be taken into consideration because of the square between them.

ynnest

Pluto conj my midheaven and my experience has been to have my thinking about my work transformed to a much higher level. When I moved to another state I started a cleaning business but hoped another job would soon be around the corner. I hated the work mostly because I thought it beneath me and my skills. No other job was in sight, I was miserable and I still remember the day my attitude changed.

At the time I was studying Buddhism and one day while cleaning a home my mind started flashing all my thoughts about my job and I could see a direct link to the Four Noble Truths about suffering and what I needed to do to change. Instead of hurrying though a house I became Mindful of what I was doing. From that day my job was full of purpose and pride. I've been at it for over 25 years and still have the drive and attention to clean some great houses and have some wonderful clients.

Moondance

With all respect, are you sure your chart is correct? What is the degree of separation between pluto and midheaven?

Y

ynnest

6 degrees. What do you see?

It is a wide conjunction and since I don't know if its in the tenth or ninth house it is hard to make conclusions based on what I know.

However, a pluto conjunct midheaven aspect would generally manifest it self in a different manner when it comes to ones position in life from what I have studied, therefore my question.

Y

AtomsInPlace

Clinical sexologist :lol: Honestly, I think I would enjoy a career like that.

:happy:
You seem to have the tools at your disposal to be very good at it

0zJqib.gif

True. I've always been interested in psychology and healing. Maybe even a physical therapist or something... JupiterASC said I wouldn't be a good therapist because I'm not compassionate :lol:

I'm not so sure that you're not compassionate....

I think alot of it might be hidden behind the stern and somewhat cynical Capricorn rising.

It's also possible that your 8th house Moon in Virgo can go through periods of feeling quite bitter (?) and unappreciated (?), therefore coming across as someone who doesn't care, perhaps because of a tendency towards hypercritisism and cynicism when feeling frustrated?

However,

You also have Jupiter in Pisces, a very compassionate sign that is being amplified by Jupiter, albeit, Jupiter is in the intercepted 2nd house, so perhaps it is your task to find a practical way to harness that compassion to catalyze transformation within others, through therapy?

Both your Venus and Mars are in Cancer, a sign who cares deeply for others and the fact that Mars is in the 7th house of "other" and Venus is in the house of everyday work, service and health (including mental health) makes it more interesting.