Why is my sister emotionally cold?

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
Hi guys, today is my sister's birthday (April 10th) so I thought it's a special day to post a thread about her.

I looooooove my sister to death, but I just CAN'T for the life of me stand how emotionally cold she is. I mean, most big sisters are usually loving and affectionate towards their little brothers, but my sister on the other hand is basically a robot 90% of the time. Also, she doesn't even say hi to me anymore when she sees me, and sometimes when I do say hi to her first, she gives me a bad attitude and responds back in a sort of cranky way. Honestly, it kinda hurts my feelings but I learn to shrug it off and understand that she's just having a bad day.

Anyways, she shows very little if any emotion, with the exception of ANGER when she's arguing with her Cancer boyfriend who she barely gets along with. They argue at least 5-8 times a week and sometimes it's so bad to the point where I have to plug my ears due to the constant shouting and screaming.

I mean, she wasn't always THIS cold. I remember the good old times when she used to be super bubbly, goofy, and playful. But as of lately I been noticing how she's been acting colder and angrier than usual. There's just this "serious" tone about her whenever I see her. I mean, I understand that everyone has those days where they just don't feel fabulous, but its been a couple months now that she has been like this and I don't understand why!

I really really want my "goofy" sister back. I miss the old her so much. She means the whole world to me. And sadly...she doesn't realize how much I love her, since I BARELY show any emotions towards her either. I bet if she's reading this right now, she would at least be a little touched by it.

Is my sister a naturally cold, angry person? Or are there transits currently "coloring" her mood and in turn making her cold and angry??? I noticed how Jupiter is getting close to her Moon, so I'm HOPING **fingers crossed** she'll be more optimistic these upcoming months!

Below is her natal chart and the current transits:

aw2ibo.gif

Last edited:

katydid

I am not sure that she will be very optimistic or 'goofy' for now----she is having her Saturn Return in her 5th. And her Saturn has a few challenges. The applying but wide square to her Virgo Moon might be a source of some of her crankiness. That can be very worrisome and produce internal anxiety.

I am not sure she is as cold as you think. I see it as more of a free floating anxiety and fears concerning her future. She feels that she is behind schedule in terms of adulthood perhaps? She wants to grow up and wants her boyfriend to be more responsible too?

Uranus rules her 7th, and it is transiting right on top of her Sun right now. She feels pressure, urgency, ---she is edgy. You are getting frozen out because she is overwhelmed.

Not saying hello to you is not really about her not caring about you, in my opinion. It feels more like she is unhappy and cannot see past her own nose right now. She has Saturn conjunct Saturn and Uranus conjunct Sun by transit. Heavy duty pressure cooker.

Last edited:

muchacho

Hi guys, today is my sister's birthday (April 10th) so I thought it's a special day to post a thread about her.

I looooooove my sister to death, but I just CAN'T for the life of me stand how emotionally cold she is. I mean, most big sisters are usually loving and affectionate towards their little brothers, but my sister on the other hand is basically a robot 90% of the time. Also, she doesn't even say hi to me anymore when she sees me, and sometimes when I do say hi to her first, she gives me a bad attitude and responds back in a sort of cranky way. Honestly, it kinda hurts my feelings but I learn to shrug it off and understand that she's just having a bad day.

Anyways, she shows very little if any emotion, with the exception of ANGER when she's arguing with her Cancer boyfriend who she barely gets along with. They argue at least 5-8 times a week and sometimes it's so bad to the point where I have to plug my ears due to the constant shouting and screaming.

I mean, she wasn't always THIS cold. I remember the good old times when she used to be super bubbly, goofy, and playful. But as of lately I been noticing how she's been acting colder and angrier than usual. There's just this "serious" tone about her whenever I see her. I mean, I understand that everyone has those days where they just don't feel fabulous, but its been a couple months now that she has been like this and I don't understand why!

I really really want my "goofy" sister back. I miss the old her so much. She means the whole world to me. And sadly...she doesn't realize how much I love her, since I BARELY show any emotions towards her either. I bet if she's reading this right now, she would at least be a little touched by it.

Is my sister a naturally cold, angry person? Or are there transits currently "coloring" her mood and in turn making her cold and angry??? I noticed how Jupiter is getting close to her Moon, so I'm HOPING **fingers crossed** she'll be more optimistic these upcoming months!

Below is her natal chart and the current transits:
Well, if you like generalizations, then the Virgo Moon would fit the emotionally cold robot image and the Sun in Aries the cranky anger outbursts. However, since you are talking about your relationship with your sister, it's very likely that the reason for that extreme behavior is has something to do with you. She may behave very differently with other people. Maybe you should post a synastry chart.

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
I am not sure that she will be very optimistic or 'goofy' for now----she is having her Saturn Return in her 5th. And her Saturn has a few challenges. The applying but wide square to her Virgo Moon might be a source of some of her crankiness. That can be very worrisome and produce internal anxiety.

I am not sure she is as cold as you think. I see it as more of a free floating anxiety and fears concerning her future. She feels that she is behind schedule in terms of adulthood perhaps? She wants to grow up and wants her boyfriend to be more responsible too?

Uranus rules her 7th, and it is transiting right on top of her Sun right now. She feels pressure, urgency, ---she is edgy. You are getting frozen out because she is overwhelmed.

Not saying hello to you is not really about her not caring about you, in my opinion. It feels more like she is unhappy and cannot see past her own nose right now. She has Saturn conjunct Saturn and Uranus conjunct Sun by transit. Heavy duty pressure cooker.

Everything you said was quite spot on.

She's currently a mom with 2 kids and she recently gave birth a couple months ago, so naturally she's very busy taking care of her newborn. If it doesn't already sound bad enough she has to work 3-5 times a week at the hospital as well. As a matter of fact, she's a nurse for childbirth which according to her could be stressful during her patient's delivery.

Apparently, my sister is currently taking anti-anxiety meds since she claims to feel stressed at the moment. Hopefully she feels better soon...because the current transits don't seem too great. But luckily with transit Jupiter approaching closer to her Moon, this should definitely ease everything up and make things run more smoothly.

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
Well, if you like generalizations, then the Virgo Moon would fit the emotionally cold robot image and the Sun in Aries the cranky anger outbursts. However, since you are talking about your relationship with your sister, it's very likely that the reason for that extreme behavior is has something to do with you. She may behave very differently with other people. Maybe you should post a synastry chart.

I doubt it's the synastry between my sister and I, since she pretty much acts cold to everyone including her boyfriend, so I know for a fact it's her.

Btw, our synastry is quite good. Not much negative aspects from Saturn, Mars, and Pluto whatsoever. And plus, my sun is conjunct her ASC and my Moon is conjunct her Jupiter, as well as several other positive aspects between our planets, so it's promising to say that we get along with each other quite well.

The only bad aspect is Mercury opposite Mars, but surprisingly we HARDLY ever ever argue. And even when we do, it's NEVER to the point of screaming. Perhaps, something else in the synastry counteracts this one bad aspect?

It's funny how Astrology is either a hit or a miss, especially when you noticed how some aspects don't manifest.

sibylline

She's a Leo ASC with ruler Sun in Aries and Virgo Moon caught in a T-square with Saturn in the 5th. Warm self-expression isn't easy despite the fire; there is a lot going on inside. Dispositor of the Moon is Mercury in Pisces in the 8th with squares from Uranus and Saturn. Hardly an unburdened mind, so stress is probably a part of it. Basically, the chart isn't exactly giving off warm fuzzies. However, she just gave birth, has two other children, and is already working again in a hectic field...give her a break.

muchacho

I doubt it's the synastry between my sister and I, since she pretty much acts cold to everyone including her boyfriend, so I know for a fact it's her.

Btw, our synastry is quite good. Not much negative aspects from Saturn, Mars, and Pluto whatsoever. And plus, my sun is conjunct her ASC and my Moon is conjunct her Jupiter, as well as several other positive aspects between our planets, so it's promising to say that we get along with each other quite well.

The only bad aspect is Mercury opposite Mars, but surprisingly we HARDLY ever ever argue. And even when we do, it's NEVER to the point of screaming. Perhaps, something else in the synastry counteracts this one bad aspect?

It's funny how Astrology is either a hit or a miss, especially when you noticed how some aspects don't manifest.
Aspects are not as important in synastry as you might think. What's more important is the houses that are activated because the topics those houses cover will dominate the relationship. If, let's say you activate her 6th (enemies) then you'll have a potentially very rocky relationship because topics/feelings of competition, rivalry and struggle will be the main thing you have to deal with, similar potential trouble could arise if any of the water houses is triggered (4th, 8th, 12th).

Sometimes a synastry looks really nice in terms of aspects, but awful in terms of houses. That's why it's often a hit and miss if you only look at aspects.