Which planet should i keep responsible - Pluto or Saturn?

mia2020

Hi,
I am curious about what makes these things happen in my life? What would be your opinion?
The situation is following:
Pluto transit approaching Moon conjunction (but still 5!!! degrees apart)
Saturn seperating Moon conjunction(1 degree orb)
Pluto separating Mercury square (1 degree orb)
The events:
Very deep, sad, strssfull and painful emotions
My dad passed away. My mum stayed alone and we decided to move (my current family) to live with her.
I cant accept and bond with one of my kids for years (adoptive child). My brother got really angry about it (that my attitude is not the same for all kids and the child is suffering and started literally follow me in every room and talking talking talking(i dont know what his purpose was but he saw that he is driving me crazy but didnt stop. I asked him to leave but he didnt close the door. It was late night but i was so desperate i asked all my three kids to dress up as we are leaving that house. All kids and my mother started crying and begging to stay but i was not capable of staying. When brother saw our mother suffering he promissed he will not follow and not talk constantly about it. He didnt next day.
Please dont judge me. I feel very lonely, my marriage is not well, i am not a good mother not to adoptive and not to bological children and i cant change it! My kids love me but they never want to play games or have fun with me because i am so saturnian.

[please attach a transit chart or a link to a transit chart from a link site - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49000

Almutem Figuris is an old doctrine where one planet according to certain calculations applied, receives the honors to be the Ruler or Lord of the Chart.

Robert Zoler had applied the therm AlmuteM instead of AlmuteN in order to differentiate the Lord of the Chart from the Lord of certain house or place in the natal chart such as Almuten Domus (Ruler of a House).

The word Almutes is an Arabian word which means 'Winner'.
Because, the planet is the Winner of all the 'life giving' places. Or the places which are most sensible and important in the natal figure.

The method which we'll use here I call Ezra/Zoller method.
Arabian Astrologer Ibn Ezra (1089 — 1164) was the first (as far as we at this moment are aware) to explicitely wrote about calculating the Almutem Figuris.

In his writings Zoller trace the beginnings of this Almutem Figuris and he found it in the writings of Iambichus (c. 245–c. 325) who was Syrian neo-platonic philosopher who wrote also about Astrology in his writings.
Iambicus in his work "Theurgy or on the mysteries of Egypt" speaks about the thing how one can change his fate. He speaks that he can do that through Theurgy and through personal relationship with the Lord of the Geniture of which he (Iambichus) only says that can be known through Astrology, but he didn't explained the method.
Zoller, tracing back the Ibn Ezra's ancestry, through the Sabaeans and his teachers (Mashallah and other) all the way to the first centuries where this doctrine was thought. Because of that line Zoller thinks that the Lord of the Geniture of which Iambichus speaks in his writings is in fact the Almutem Figuris of the Ibn Ezra.

Iambichus speaks (through the name of Porphyry) about the Peculiar Daimon, that is some kind of an Guardian Angel and it is conected to the personal soul but its not the same
Here's what Iambichus says in his Theurgy:
This [daimon] therefore is present as an exemplar before the souls descend into the realm of generated existence. As soon as the soul chooses him for leader the [daimon] immediately comes into charge of completing of its vital endowments and when it descends into the body it unites with the body and becomes the guardian of it common living principle. He likewise directs the the private life of the soul and
whatever the conclusions we may arrive at by inference and reasoning he himself imparts to us the principles."

Zoller about the Almutem Figuris says that it is equally as powerful as all the other planets taken together."

Benjamin Dykes (great student of Zoller) says about Almutem Figuris:
"Almutem Figuris, a powerful planet in the natal figure whose spirit or angel acts as the native's special link to the Divine. The Almutem Figuris is a spiritual astrological delineation, similar to but not the same as Lilly's the "Lord of the Geniture." But like Lilly (and Plato), the Almutem Figuris was taken to affect the native's thoughts, beliefs and character. Spiritual enlightenment can demand that we open our eyes to this particular planet and use it to access the Divine. Significantly, this is a function that many modern astrologers now attribute to the sun sign." (In his article on Happiness).

The method of calculation

1. Find the Essential Dignities (the 5 dignities, apply 3 points to all 3 triplicity rulers), in the Degree of the:
- Sun
- Moon
- Ascendant
- Part of Fortune
- Syzygy (the prenatal lunation, the one that came last, i.e. after which the birth follows - New or Full Moon).

2. Add 7 points for the Day ruler and 6 points to the Hour ruler.

3. Add accidental dignities scores.

For the planet in 1st house you add 12 points.
10th house = 11 points
7th house = 10
4th house = 9
11th = 8
5th = 7
2nd = 6
9th = 5
8th = 4
3rd = 3
12th = 2
6th = 1

The planet which has most points in the aforesaid places is the Almutem Figuris of the chart!

Don't forget to apply the 5 degrees ruler for the planet near the cusp of the houses. For example, if Saturn is at 15 Scorpio in 4th, but the 5th house cusp is at 19 Scorpio, you will calculate that Saturn already in the 5th, and you will give him 7 points instead of 9 as he would took if he was in 4th house. This can make big difference.

The free traditional astrology software - Morinus (google it), calcualte the Almutem Figuris. You can find this option by typing F3. But I should warn you that in that calculation is included some adding of points according to the planets phases. Zoller did not mention any kind of phases calculation so at this moment I'm not aware why the author of the software did included that.

But the best way and more enjoyable is to calculate it with your own hand. You will be familiar with the chart more deeply if you do this calculations with your own hand as the older astrologers did.
And if you must use the Morinus software than subtract the phases scores and you will get the Almutem Figuris right. All else is the same calculation as the Ezra/Zoller method.

Zoller gives short discriptions for every planet being Almutem Figuris:

Sun:
"If the Almuten figuris is the Sun, the native will want to lead, express his creative power and be recognized."

Moon:
"If the Moon, s/he will want to care for, be cared for, eat and make love, dream"

Mercury:
"If it is Mercury, s/he will be diligent in the sciences, business and communications"

Venus:
"Id it is Venus s/he will be a lover of beauty, of music, of men and women etc."

Mars:
"If it is Mars, s/he will fight in order to dominate"

Jupiter:
"If it is Jupiter, s/he will philosophize and teach"

Saturn:
"If it is Saturn he will retire from society, investigate hidden things and suffer adversity.""

Hi,
I am curious about what makes these things happen in my life?

What would be your opinion?
The situation is following:
Pluto transit approaching Moon conjunction (but still 5!!! degrees apart)
Saturn seperating Moon conjunction(1 degree orb)
Pluto separating Mercury square (1 degree orb)
The events:
Very deep, sad, strssfull and painful emotions
My dad passed away. My mum stayed alone and we decided to move (my current family) to live with her.
I cant accept and bond with one of my kids for years (adoptive child). My brother got really angry about it (that my attitude is not the same for all kids and the child is suffering and started literally follow me in every room and talking talking talking(i dont know what his purpose was but he saw that he is driving me crazy but didnt stop. I asked him to leave but he didnt close the door. It was late night but i was so desperate i asked all my three kids to dress up as we are leaving that house. All kids and my mother started crying and begging to stay but i was not capable of staying. When brother saw our mother suffering he promissed he will not follow and not talk constantly about it. He didnt next day.
Please dont judge me. I feel very lonely, my marriage is not well, i am not a good mother not to adoptive and not to bological children and i cant change it! My kids love me but they never want to play games or have fun with me because i am so saturnian.

waybread

Please post your chart. It could easily be either or both planets at work here-- or something else entirely.

Please realize that you do not have to bond emotionally with a child to give him a good upbringing-- but you need to make sure he's not being neglected.

mia2020

Here is the chart with transits

Attachments

• astro_24gw_baibi_s_20201230.68367.4088.jpg
    astro_24gw_baibi_s_20201230.68367.4088.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

waybread

Mia, planets are not responsible for the types of choices we make.

Your adoptive child seems to be showing a real fear of abandonment. I don't know how old he was when he "lost" his real parents, or whether this is your husband's son. But it would seem that two caring mothers are essentially missing from this child's life. He would benefit from meeting with a child psychologist. Otherwise he may really start acting out as a teenager. Or simply feel unlovable most of his life.

Is your mother able to take on more of a nurturing care-giving role for your adopted son? What about your husband? Or is there another family member who could provide the emotional support and stability needed?

I don't see you as Saturnian, but as Plutonian. The sun gives your identity and a planet conjunct the sun is apt to be experienced as part of your essential self. An afflicted Pluto is apt to see interpersonal relationships as dominate-or-be-dominated. It can be extremely controlling; and where control isn't possible, it can be manipulative or even revenge-seeking. With Mars-Uranus, you may use studden anger as a means of control.

This just makes me wonder whether you received enough emotional support and nurturing as a child.

A heavy planet hitting your moon will bring a lot of mother-type issues to the forefront. But because the moon deals with emotions, it's hard to reason your way through them. Looking after 4 children is a lot. But the focus is always on what is best for them.

The pandemic is currently bringing all kinds of stress into people's lives. If counseling is an option for you, I highly recommend it. There are parenting skills to be learned, beyond whether you do or do not feel bonded.

mia2020

I am still interested in reason of the events regarding planetary transits. What would be your opinion:
Mercury squaring Pluto - conflicts with younger brother? (even if we are adults).
Death of father - (I can't believe it's Pluto approaching Moon (still 5 degrees apart)) but father was one who tried to create a 'family feeling' - so, he could be Moon(family).
On the days approaching his last hours, Saturn was in very close conjunction my Moon (but I regard it more as my mothers grief and changes in family structure).
My grief and mothers grief is definitely Saturn conj Moon.
But what about fathers death? Even if we had a very bad relationship, he had/has very strong influence on my life, so it definitely should show up somehow in transits.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

mia2020

Thanks JUPITERASC but it doesn't work somehow - my Almutem Figuris is Venus and I am for sure not Venus person!

Last edited:

dhundhun

Transit of Saturn over Natal Moon is usually hard. Specially if she (Moon) is weak in chart. This transit in Vedic Astrology is central part of Sade-Sati.