Do mercury and Pluto belong in the 7th house?

Bloop

Hello:

https://m.imgur.com/nXq3dxt

Are mercury and Pluto considered to be 6th house or 7th house placements, as they are also conjunct the descendent and Venus in 7th? How does this affect house rulership of the 2nd, 5th, and 7th house?

Thanks for the help :)

I would consider Pluto to be moving into the 7th. Still I'd interpret it in both 6th in 7th. It's 2 degrees away from a true conjunction to your dsc. I would not consider it angular. Personally.

I am reading your Mercury to be in the 6th house. I'd consider it too wide an orb to be a conjunction to your dsc.

It's in my opinion too far from your seventh to be read in the 7th house.

All my best.

Bloop

I would consider Pluto to be moving into the 7th. Still I'd interpret it in both 6th in 7th. It's 2 degrees away from a true conjunction to your dsc. I would not consider it angular. Personally.

I am reading your Mercury to be in the 6th house. I'd consider it too wide an orb to be a conjunction to your dsc.

It's in my opinion too far from your seventh to be read in the 7th house.

All my best.

Hello,

Very interesting! Thank you again. Out of curiosity, do you mind telling me your general perspective on orbs? I know there’s various opinions on that topic, and depends on the planet involved. I heard generally that most planets get up to 8 degree difference for orbs involving personal planets, and anything with the sun and moon get up to 10 degrees.

Last edited:
Hello,

Very interesting! Thank you again. Out of curiosity, do you mind telling me your general perspective on orbs? I know there’s various opinions on that topic, and depends on the planet involved. I heard generally that most planets get up to 8 degree difference for orbs involving personal planets, and anything with the sun and moon get up to 10 degrees.

I personally when reading a chart will tend to allow an orb of 3 degrees for all planets. I used to participate on a board where the majority of the time the widest orb a few astrologers there would use was a 5 degree orb. I used a 5 degree orb when starting to read.

These days I try to keep to an orb of 3 degrees or less.

ElenaJ

Pluto is close enough to be considered conjunct the descendent.
Three degrees, not more, from a cusp can be considered on the cusp.
2nd and 5th are ruled by mercury, who is in the 6th house.
Descendent is co-ruled by mars and Pluto.

Bloop

I personally when reading a chart will tend to allow an orb of 3 degrees for all planets. I used to participate on a board where the majority of the time the widest orb a few astrologers there would use was a 5 degree orb. I used a 5 degree orb when starting to read.

These days I try to keep to an orb of 3 degrees or less.
Interesting! That DEFINITELY changes how I see my chart. I’ll definitely keep this in mind moving forward :) thanks again!

Bloop

Pluto is close enough to be considered conjunct the descendent.
Three degrees, not more, from a cusp can be considered on the cusp.
2nd and 5th are ruled by mercury, who is in the 6th house.
Descendent is co-ruled by mars and Pluto.
Makes sense! In that case, some of my aspects probably wouldn’t count in your opinion, e.g. my moon is trine Jupiter but with an orb of 5– correct?

ElenaJ

Makes sense! In that case, some of my aspects probably wouldn’t count in your opinion, e.g. my moon is trine Jupiter but with an orb of 5– correct?

No.
The orb to a cusp is one thing, the orb between planets is different, and is larger. 5 degrees is still in aspect between planets.