Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 08-30-2016, 01:45 PM

Moon timing question

I have asked a question regarding if I will have a new job by October and have looked to the moon in the chart to determine timing so I have a question, because I know this cannot be right (well, otherwise I will just go jump off a cliff).

The Moon is in Leo in the 11th house - so that would mean that since the moon is in a fixed sign and a succedent house, it will be YEARS before I have a new job? I know this cannot be right, because it seems quite insane! So what am I doing wrong then? I mean, it probably will take a while considering the AC is at 1 degree Libra and Venus is at 0 degrees Libra. There will be no aspect between the Moon and Venus until the moon changes signs to Libra when they conjunct (which is in 4 days).

Am I looking at this really wrong? I can post the chart if necessary, but I guess my question is around timing. Do I take into consideration all the other planets the moon is making contact with as well? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by anjelik; 08-30-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Unread 08-30-2016, 07:46 PM

Re: Moon timing question

Don't jump off a cliff, I like your posts! lol.

No, I also have a chart with moon in a fixed sign and succedent house, and I said I wanted to know within a week. I think it's completely different if you include a time frame. Logically, it means the event will have to happen in that time frame, assuming it will, but I've seen moon do some freaky things. Post the chart.

Here's Frawley's explanation on timing: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/timing.html
Unread 08-30-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced8Ace View Post
Don't jump off a cliff, I like your posts! lol.

No, I also have a chart with moon in a fixed sign and succedent house, and I said I wanted to know within a week. I think it's completely different if you include a time frame. Logically, it means the event will have to happen in that time frame, assuming it will, but I've seen moon do some freaky things. Post the chart.

Here's Frawley's explanation on timing: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/timing.html
Hahaha thanks. Well, if I don't get a job soon I am going to tear my eyeballs out because it has come to the point where I am amusing myself by creating memes and trying to get Instagram likes (life has become quite sad for me lol)! I have been back in the US for 5 weeks now visiting family (took advantage of the lack of employment) and am going back to the UK next week and I really want to get a job by the end of October, realistically. I am really bored, feel pretty useless and need a routine in my life!

So based on the link you sent me, it will take 48 degrees until I have a new job. The issue for me is that the 10th house is also the Moon - so I am looking for the Moon which represents time as well as the potential job to conjunct with me in H1 at 3 degrees Libra on September 3rd. That would mean 45 degrees divided by 1? If that is 45 weeks then I really might need to reconsider the cliff option. 45 days I can handle.
Unread 08-30-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
I have asked a question regarding if I will have a new job by October and have looked to the moon in the chart to determine timing so I have a question, because I know this cannot be right (well, otherwise I will just go jump off a cliff).

The Moon is in Leo in the 11th house - so that would mean that since the moon is in a fixed sign and a succedent house, it will be YEARS before I have a new job? I know this cannot be right, because it seems quite insane! So what am I doing wrong then? I mean, it probably will take a while considering the AC is at 1 degree Libra and Venus is at 0 degrees Libra. There will be no aspect between the Moon and Venus until Venus changes signs to Libra when they conjunct (which is in 4 days).

Am I looking at this really wrong? I can post the chart if necessary, but I guess my question is around timing. Do I take into consideration all the other planets the moon is making contact with as well? Thanks in advance.
Horary doesn't always deliver timing, besides you've got early ASC, so the chart is not to be read literally, early asc means there are things still to happen and outcome is not known. You are still in USA, and when you return to UK you can then put more effort into it by actually visiting places and dropping your resume wherever possible, making contacts. So early ASC is there for a reason and I wouldn't go further into the chart and get disappointed with no aspect between the significators. Things will work out sooner or later, forget the cliff
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
anjelik (08-30-2016), Iced8Ace (09-01-2016)
Unread 08-30-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Horary doesn't always deliver timing, besides you've got early ASC, so the chart is not to be read literally, early asc means there are things still to happen and outcome is not known. You are still in USA, and when you return to UK you can then put more effort into it by actually visiting places and dropping your resume wherever possible, making contacts. So early ASC is there for a reason and I wouldn't go further into the chart and get disappointed with no aspect between the significators. Things will work out sooner or later, forget the cliff
Truuuuuueeeee. I guess I am just getting anxious about it now because I am going home soon and need to face reality again. I won't be able to jump off a cliff in England anyway since I'm landlocked. I would have more luck being stampeded by some farm animals!
Unread 08-31-2016, 01:09 PM

But in all seriousness, did I read the moon counts correctly or will I be unable to determine a time frame at the moment because it is too early and I have no eggs in my basket?
Unread 08-31-2016, 01:28 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post

Umm horary always delivers timing it's not always in the same spot.. Look at ema kurents article on timing
Unread 09-02-2016, 03:51 AM

Last edited by Bunraku; 09-02-2016 at 04:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
Iced8Ace (09-02-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Hahaha thanks. Well, if I don't get a job soon I am going to tear my eyeballs out because it has come to the point where I am amusing myself by creating memes and trying to get Instagram likes (life has become quite sad for me lol)! I have been back in the US for 5 weeks now visiting family (took advantage of the lack of employment) and am going back to the UK next week and I really want to get a job by the end of October, realistically. I am really bored, feel pretty useless and need a routine in my life!

So based on the link you sent me, it will take 48 degrees until I have a new job. The issue for me is that the 10th house is also the Moon - so I am looking for the Moon which represents time as well as the potential job to conjunct with me in H1 at 3 degrees Libra on September 3rd. That would mean 45 degrees divided by 1? If that is 45 weeks then I really might need to reconsider the cliff option. 45 days I can handle.
Lol, I'm job hunting too, though I'm not so impatient right now since I know I'll quickly bore of any job I get. I think with horary, it's easy to get fixated on when an upcoming event will happen and so, we'll let life pass us by (or is that just me?) It's all significant anyways--even the boring parts.

Here's the thing, I linked Frawley because he said to "follow common sense", and that "every question has a time frame" or something along those lines--I'm not directly quoting. I think that's a good starting point, because I'm starting to think there's other time frames he hasn't spoken on. I'll know soon. Which is why I can't say if his thinking is correct just yet. But I agree with Bun--post the chart!
The Following User Says Thank You to Iced8Ace For This Useful Post:
anjelik (09-02-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM

Here is the chart. I think I am going to run away to the circus soon because trying to find a job in the UK as an American is the more challenging than taming a lion. To be fair, I haven't given it a 100% effort because I was laid off in May and have had a busy summer being a lady of leisure. But now, I am going to go back home and will need to focus (hence the very early AC).
Unread 09-02-2016, 05:58 PM

Others more skilled at timing than I may comment, but this looks like a no answer to me.

You/Venus are strong, in your dignity and angular/conjunct the Asc.

But job/Moon is peregrine; there is only the most marginal reception from Moon to Venus, by face. And Moon Venus do not aspect. In fact, Moon does not apply to aspect or meet any planets. If Moon/significators do not apply to meet or aspect, I do not see how timing can be determined, but maybe those more skilled in timing can tell us.

And all the activity in the 12th place...not sure what is going on but I don't see the chart promising a job in the time frame you mention.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 09-02-2016 at 06:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (09-03-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Others more skilled at timing than I may comment, but this looks like a no answer to me.

You/Venus are strong, in your dignity and angular/conjunct the Asc.

But job/Moon is peregrine; there is only the most marginal reception from Moon to Venus, by face. And Moon Venus do not aspect. In fact, Moon does not apply to aspect or meet any planets. If Moon/significators do not apply to meet or aspect, I do not see how timing can be determined, but maybe those more skilled in timing can tell us.

And all the activity in the 12th place...not sure what is going on but I don't see the chart promising a job in the time frame you mention.
I didn't think so either, that's why I wanted to know how to predict based on the moon. I also noticed that I am strong, so was debating whether maybe I should do something else. I just don't know what!
Unread 09-02-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I didn't think so either, that's why I wanted to know how to predict based on the moon. I also noticed that I am strong, so was debating whether maybe I should do something else. I just don't know what!
Well, I had the same feeling from the chart that maybe you would benefit from something else entirely.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (09-03-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Well, I had the same feeling from the chart that maybe you would benefit from something else entirely.
I feel like I'm at a fork in the road. I kind of thought maybe I should do something with writing or language or something. I thought maybe I would get my TEFL certification and teach English as a second language for people in business. I mean, the only reason I have stuck in my career for so long is because I was making well over 6 figures in the US - welllll, in the UK my role pays less than half of what I was making, so it's not like it really makes much sense for me to continue to do something that doesn't make me happy if the pay isn't even there. I'm willing to sell my soul for money, but I'm not a masochist.
Unread 09-02-2016, 09:21 PM

umm Anjelic

i dont think you are staying in UK
i think you guys will move to the US
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (09-03-2016)
Unread 09-02-2016, 09:49 PM

I don't think this chart is radical. Not only the early degree rising, but the moon is VOC.

If you are very mobile, you might consider changing location in the US or Europe: this could make a difference. Are you a US or UK citizen?

If you go to the "free charts" pages at Astrodienst, go to the special (not circular or Pullen) charts option. When you scroll down, you should see a list of continents. If you've already input your birth data, click on Europe, then try North America. You should see a map with lines of planets and chart angles. Theoretically a Venus-MC or Jupiter-MC line should be good for your career-- anywhere along the line or within 100 miles or so.

The maps also have clickable interactive features. For example, if you're interested in Chicago, click on that city and additional astro-info will come up.

This might possibly not work so well for you, because, depending on your birth data, you can find those good MC lines winding up in the South Atlantic or off in Uzbekistan, but it's work a try. (My best concentration of good lines is in lower Mongolia. Seriously. I should visit it some day.) If you are a EU citizen, of course, you currently have additional options. Check out your Europe map, as well.

Oh, and get a sharp eye-ed friend to read your cv and application strategy. Maybe there is more you can do to appear more competitive. Or think up a low-cost business you could develop.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-02-2016 at 09:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
anjelik (09-04-2016)
Unread 09-03-2016, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
umm Anjelic

i dont think you are staying in UK
i think you guys will move to the US
Well, that is the plan, so that is reassuring! But not for another 2 years.
tikana (09-03-2016)
Unread 09-03-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I don't think this chart is radical. Not only the early degree rising, but the moon is VOC.

If you are very mobile, you might consider changing location in the US or Europe: this could make a difference. Are you a US or UK citizen?

If you go to the "free charts" pages at Astrodienst, go to the special (not circular or Pullen) charts option. When you scroll down, you should see a list of continents. If you've already input your birth data, click on Europe, then try North America. You should see a map with lines of planets and chart angles. Theoretically a Venus-MC or Jupiter-MC line should be good for your career-- anywhere along the line or within 100 miles or so.

The maps also have clickable interactive features. For example, if you're interested in Chicago, click on that city and additional astro-info will come up.

This might possibly not work so well for you, because, depending on your birth data, you can find those good MC lines winding up in the South Atlantic or off in Uzbekistan, but it's work a try. (My best concentration of good lines is in lower Mongolia. Seriously. I should visit it some day.) If you are a EU citizen, of course, you currently have additional options. Check out your Europe map, as well.

Oh, and get a sharp eye-ed friend to read your cv and application strategy. Maybe there is more you can do to appear more competitive. Or think up a low-cost business you could develop.
Do you think work for me in the UK is not viable? I am having a challenging time and I never had an issue in NY (where I am from). I am American, but have UK visa through my husband. We won't leave the UK for another 2 years. Where I am living is on the Venus/MC line, which is why I am confused as to why I am having such a difficult time. Venus is basically sitting on my MC in the relocation chart and my sun is in the 11th house. My only downfall is that my moon is sitting on the AC and it's in Gemini, so maybe I can coming off as emotionally erratic.
Unread 09-03-2016, 02:59 AM

Did you check out your planetary lines, as suggested above?

For whatever reason, I don't think the horary chart you posted on this thread is radical.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-03-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Well, that is the plan, so that is reassuring! But not for another 2 years.
u might be moving a lot sooner
Unread 09-03-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
u might be moving a lot sooner
Well I am here now and flying back to the UK on Monday so maybe that is what is causing the confusion?

How do you see that btw?? 9th house ruler conjunct 6th house ruler?
Unread 09-03-2016, 06:30 PM

for one .. venus rules you and 9th house
4th house saturn is your home

venus/saturn you are going home foreign = usa
Unread 09-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Did you check out your planetary lines, as suggested above?

For whatever reason, I don't think the horary chart you posted on this thread is radical.
Yes, I've looked at in the past and my Jupter/MC line would be through like Ohio to parts of the South East - I have no interest in ever living in those parts of the US. NY is my Chiron/IC line and I grew up there. My Venus/MC line is actually in the UK between London and where I live, which is why I have wondered why it has been so challenging to find a job! That is why I'm thinking maybe I meant to do something else.
Unread 09-05-2016, 05:42 AM

anjelik, it's hard for me to respond, because I worked in a profession where people routinely moved long distances for employment, including internationally, whether they were thrilled about these locations or not. The lines aren't so much intended to show places that appeal to you so much as places that would be good or troublesome for the reasons you might think about moving. Also consider the planetary ruler of your career. For example, if you're in an IT or communications field, Mercury-MC might be a better option than Venus-MC. You should be able to get a sense of good career choices for you from your natal chart.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Tags
moon, question, timing