Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-29-2016, 04:03 PM

Re: whats the Big deal about physical beauty in the astrolgical community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayla2055 View Post
I have gemini venus too and it's not that just talking you know it's something deeper inside you *pokes forehead with finger*
Lol, right. I just realised Gemini is considered superficial But we prefer getting to know people, so I think.
Makes me think... I don't understand why some people catcall.

Nice, another Gem venus. Have you posted your chart somewhere?

Unread 08-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidee View Post
Lol, right. I just realised Gemini is considered superficial But we prefer getting to know people, so I think.
Makes me think... I don't understand why some people catcall.

Nice, another Gem venus. Have you posted your chart somewhere?
Yes, indeed
Unread 08-30-2016, 06:22 AM

Someone can make a horary asking if they are beautiful or not
Unread 08-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Someone can make a horary asking if they are beautiful or not
Now i'm talking in general. Tell me this why do they even need to ask someone if their "beautiful or not" honestly. When people ask me to answer that question for them it's shows that they don't truly love themselves. It shows that they are a slave to these strangers opinions. Well you know what I have to say, **** the strangers opinions if it's not helping you to better yourself than **** them honestly.
Unread 08-30-2016, 06:56 AM

rayla, I think a lot of people are very insecure about themselves. Especially young women are susceptible to constant media and peer pressure to be gorgeous. There's often a big double standard, about telling women to look sexy, but slut-shaming them if they do. Most women of any age are dissatisfied with their bodies.

Generally you can pick up emotional insecurity in a chart. This effects young men, as well, where a guy might like a girl but doesn't want to be seen with her if his friends might razz him about it. Venus ruling the first house, or particularly in the first house, is supposedly an indicator of attractiveness. But if you look at the charts of famously beautiful women, this doesn't always hold up.

When I was younger, I seldom felt attractive, and decided I better work on my brain, instead of my looks. I also realized that attractiveness for a woman is not a lifelong occupation-- she doesn't get to keep it. But now that I am in my 60s, when I look at photos of the younger me, I think I wasn't half-bad looking. Too bad I couldn't find a happy medium then, of enjoying the appearance that I had.

Now I think people can enjoy looking their best at any age or shape, but it's best not to obsess about it.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
anjelik (08-31-2016)
Unread 08-30-2016, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
rayla, I think a lot of people are very insecure about themselves. Especially young women are susceptible to constant media and peer pressure to be gorgeous. There's often a big double standard, about telling women to look sexy, but slut-shaming them if they do. Most women of any age are dissatisfied with their bodies.

Generally you can pick up emotional insecurity in a chart. This effects young men, as well, where a guy might like a girl but doesn't want to be seen with her if his friends might razz him about it. Venus ruling the first house, or particularly in the first house, is supposedly an indicator of attractiveness. But if you look at the charts of famously beautiful women, this doesn't always hold up.

When I was younger, I seldom felt attractive, and decided I better work on my brain, instead of my looks. I also realized that attractiveness for a woman is not a lifelong occupation-- she doesn't get to keep it. But now that I am in my 60s, when I look at photos of the younger me, I think I wasn't half-bad looking. Too bad I couldn't find a happy medium then, of enjoying the appearance that I had.

Now I think people can enjoy looking their best at any age or shape, but it's best not to obsess about it.
You're right actually, it just gets me so irritated to the point where I want to pull my own hair out. Beauty this, Beauty that, everything is about apperance nowadays and it really is stupid. I'm not saying you don't have to take care of your appearance just don't let it rule your whole life. I'm sorry society made you go through that experience in your youth just be glad that your eyes and mind is open now to what's being play out nowadays which no can see for some odd reason.
Unread 08-30-2016, 07:39 AM

Thanks, rayla. After I studied astrology, I realized that with Uranus square my ascendant, there was no way I could look put together. When I was young, girls were expected to be married by their early 20s at the latest, with gender discrimination in better paying jobs and professional schools being perfectly legal. So the pressures to look attractive-- and to attract-- were serious.

Thankfully young women in many countries today have a lot more options. Like looking either beautiful or plain and doing what they want with their lives.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 08-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Thanks, rayla. After I studied astrology, I realized that with Uranus square my ascendant, there was no way I could look put together. When I was young, girls were expected to be married by their early 20s at the latest, with gender discrimination in better paying jobs and professional schools being perfectly legal. So the pressures to look attractive-- and to attract-- were serious.

Thankfully young women in many countries today have a lot more options. Like looking either beautiful or plain and doing what they want with their lives.
You know what's crazy I have uranus trine ascendant
Unread 08-31-2016, 01:20 AM

Location: fully tired of dry facts. Also, I live in a cupboard

Some might find it interesting as a material manifestation of an astrological aspect. At least that's pretty much what i think about aminly when ti comes to these, like... isn't your chart there to, you know, search for answers that aren't there at the exterior mainly? lol

Last edited by Andrea_; 08-31-2016 at 01:26 AM.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:10 AM

Ugly people are just jealous of the beautiful people who have it easier in life.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:16 AM

After a certain age, you grow out of it. It’s fun to dress up and look pretty once in a while, but in this day and age, where practically everyone has cameras, it would sure be convenient to be attractive.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Ugly people are just jealous of the beautiful people who have it easier in life.
Stop being a troll, you can't be serious right. If that's how you think then wow your very smart. Do you consider yourself beautiful or butt **** ugly?
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
After a certain age, you grow out of it. It’s fun to dress up and look pretty once in a while, but in this day and age, where practically everyone has cameras, it would sure be convenient to be attractive.
I'm not saying you don't have to look presentable, I'm saying that there is too much of a emphasis on beauty. You know what I'm ******* done with this forum, society is always gonna be the same you can't say **** to change it.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:23 AM

I was talking to Leo.

Also did you come on this obscure forum on internet with the expectation to change the entirety of American society?
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
I was talking to Leo.

Also did you come on this obscure forum on internet with the expectation to change the entirety of American society?
Hey, I can try but it obviously doesn't work everyone is different. I came on this forum to ask questions actually and learn how to read charts more in depth.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Stop being a troll, you can't be serious right. If that's how you think then wow your very smart. Do you consider yourself beautiful or butt **** ugly?
To be honest, I really don't care how beautiful I am. I look great, in my opinion and that's all that matters. Some people think I'm beautiful, other people think I'm ugly... It's whatever. I try to dress and present myself in a way that makes me happy and is achievable for my essence. I don't compare myself to a model in a magazine and then cry when I can't get it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder like what people have said. I look beautiful in my eyes regardless of what happens.

People that care so much about their looks are playing an endless mind game that they will always lose and lose a HUGE amount of self-esteem in the process. There will always be someone more beautiful than them no matter what. Any person that would logically think about this would accept their appearance, move on, and try to do their best by competing and comparing themselves to themselves and themselves only.

BTW, I could argue that you're a troll for spamming me in my inbox literally 20-30 times and then finding some silly excuse like, "I didn't know if the message was actually sent."

And it's "you're" not "your." (that's being a troll)
Oddity (08-31-2016)
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:40 AM

She sends you 20 messages????
AWWW THAT IS SO ADORABLE OMG < 3

Leo x Rayla
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
To be honest, I really don't care how beautiful I am. I look great, in my opinion and that's all that matters. Some people think I'm beautiful, other people think I'm ugly... It's whatever. I try to dress and present myself in a way that makes me happy and is achievable for my essence. I don't compare myself to a model in a magazine and then cry when I can't get it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder like what people have said. I look beautiful in my eyes regardless of what happens.

People that care so much about their looks are playing an endless mind game that they will always lose and lose a HUGE amount of self-esteem in the process. There will always be someone more beautiful than them no matter what. Any person that would logically think about this would accept their appearance, move on, and try to do their best by competing and comparing themselves to themselves and themselves only.

BTW, I could argue that you're a troll for spamming me in my inbox literally 20-30 times and then finding some silly excuse like, "I didn't know if the message was actually sent."

And it's "you're" not "your." (that's being a troll)
I didn't mean to get anyone angry I was just sharing my opinion. I really hate arguing it does something to my nervous system. I think I need to take a break from this thread. Sorry for causing your hostility towards me.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I don't compare myself to a model in a magazine
I can, because I have PHOTOSHOP

Ugh I love that software.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (08-31-2016)
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
So many people ask if they look beautiful or if they look good enough for attention. Why do people care so much honestly, it's just ridiculous.
Like just love yourself for who you are "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Some people may think so called gingers aren't beautiful but I'm going to still rock my red hair. Love yourself people, truly
Thank goodness Kick a Ginger Day is not a real thing!

Quote:
Nah, lets call people out
Wait for me while I go dig some threads
Please share when you do. I love a bit of drama.
Unread 08-31-2016, 03:59 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunraku View Post
she sends you 20 messages????
Awww that is so adorable omg < 3

leo x rayla
otp. <3 <3
Unread 08-31-2016, 04:06 AM

Quote:
She sends you 20 messages????
AWWW THAT IS SO ADORABLE OMG < 3

Leo x Rayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi95 View Post
otp. <3 <3
I don't understand what's so adorable and "<3" about it.

Quote:
I didn't mean to get anyone angry I was just sharing my opinion. I really hate arguing it does something to my nervous system. I think I need to take a break from this thread. Sorry for causing your hostility towards me.
Yeah, you should be sorry–calling me dumb...
Unread 08-31-2016, 04:09 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleo View Post
i don't understand what's so adorable and "<3" about it.

Yeah, you should be sorry–calling me dumb...
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Unread 08-31-2016, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi95 View Post
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
3> 3> 3> 3>
Unread 08-31-2016, 04:17 AM
Account Closed

Quote: