Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 07-21-2016, 10:03 PM

Smile Re: Spotting the signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Mercury is only communication has nothing to do with deception unless it's in aspect to Neptune or Pluto. Neptune, however, fully embraces deception to the fullest.
Mercury is the Trickster. It's not merely a communication-channel. In combination with the Moon, it enables you to think what you want to think. Are you equating Neptunian effects with the qualities of the 12th House? Kinda sounds like it.

Unread 07-21-2016, 10:25 PM

Re: Spotting the signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Mercury is the Trickster. It's not merely a communication-channel. In combination with the Moon, it enables you to think what you want to think. Are you equating Neptunian effects with the qualities of the 12th House? Kinda sounds like it.
http://prntscr.com/bvv8tc
Unread 07-21-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, a LOT of the conventional interpretations don't work for me. I just happen to know Neptune from the inside out, due to my Chart. Btw, the Traditional-astrologers don't even consider Neptune an Astrological-influence. That amazed me, because I hadn't heard about Traditional-astrology until I joined the Community. I liken Astrology to a tree, with Traditional as the roots, and Modern as the branches. You have your own Modern branch goin' on, and a lot of what you say works for me and agrees with my own branch. We're both independent thinkers. I use [IMO] a lot, but maybe not enough! We each have our own angle of view, based on our Charts, so we each see the Truth differently. [IMO]

Last edited by david starling; 07-21-2016 at 10:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
animatedoodle (07-21-2016)
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, a LOT of the conventional interpretations don't work for me. I just happen to know Neptune from the inside out, due to my Chart.
Conventional interpretations are usually right and are the fundamental basis for all knowledge. Most people's own interpretations never stray very far. I can't understand how you think Neptune is not deceptive. People are delusional because they deceive themselves, which is what Neptune does! Neptune makes us see what we want to see and it is hardly ever rational or makes sense, which is why Neptune is associated to artistic, creative, or intuitive ideas.

What exactly do you believe Neptune is?? If you think Neptune isn't deceptive then what is it??

And with Mercury. You think people with Mercury Moon aspects are more deceptive than people with Neptune Moon or Neptune Sun?? Mercury can only be deceptive with your example of the Moon. Neptune can bring deception no matter what planet it's paired up with.
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:16 PM

Traditionally, Saturn is the father of lies. Mercury can do it, too, especially with Mars involved. Even Mercury-Jupiter in bad aspect.

Photography is the moon.

It's okay to disagree in modern, but I wouldn't discount the traditional readings entirely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-21-2016), david starling (07-21-2016)
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Traditionally, Saturn is the father of lies. Mercury can do it, too, especially with Mars involved. Even Mercury-Jupiter in bad aspect.

Photography is the moon.

It's okay to disagree in modern, but I wouldn't discount the traditional readings entirely.
Photography is the moon?? LOL
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:29 PM

It is. You may not have noticed, but the moon is the biggest reflector of the sun's light.

That's why.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
Bunraku (01-07-2017), JUPITERASC (07-21-2016)
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Conventional interpretations are usually right and are the fundamental basis for all knowledge. Most people's own interpretations never stray very far. I can't understand how you think Neptune is not deceptive. People are delusional because they deceive themselves, which is what Neptune does! Neptune makes us see what we want to see and it is hardly ever rational or makes sense, which is why Neptune is associated to artistic, creative, or intuitive ideas.

What exactly do you believe Neptune is?? If you think Neptune isn't deceptive then what is it??

And with Mercury. You think people with Mercury Moon aspects are more deceptive than people with Neptune Moon or Neptune Sun?? Mercury can only be deceptive with your example of the Moon. Neptune can bring deception no matter what planet it's paired up with.
Since you asked, [IMO] Neptune connects us to the (currently) unseen Spiritual-realm. When Neptune went into Virgo, it's weakest position, we got the Great Depression and WWII. Neptune's stronger position in Libra brought us out of it. (Modern, of course).
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Since you asked, [IMO] Neptune connects us to the (currently) unseen Spiritual-realm. When Neptune went into Virgo, it's weakest position, we got the Great Depression and WWII. Neptune's stronger position in Libra brought us out of it. (Modern, of course).
OKay.......
david starling (07-21-2016)
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
It is. You may not have noticed, but the moon is the biggest reflector of the sun's light.

That's why.
Yes, I know the Moon reflects the Sun. But that's like saying.. because the moon is white it represents purity. And because the Moon has holes in it, it rules over flaws.

The Moon and photography
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue03Red View Post
I see. Slowly, its opening my eyes....

Lol, so in short. Pisces ISN'T related to Photography, yes? Good. Because when i think about it, its just too unbelievable.
So Cancer is related to photography??
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:49 PM

This argument is funny.

And because I'm Mars in Aries I want in!

How bout this spanner.....why do planets have to "rule" tangible things like photographs and the cinema? It doesn't make much sense to me. If feels restrictive once you start putting them in boxes

Not everyone that has a Pisces Midheaven is a photographer or filmmaker. Some of them are spiritual leaders (Dalai Lama) or famous physicist (Albert Einstein)

Are you saying that right now as Neptune is transiting over the Dalai Lama's midheaven he will start to question his journey and think about going into the movie industry?

It's not that simple to look at the Midheaven only. Or to assign a huge list of possible tangible connections.

I'll give you this bone on to WHY I think this way
When I'm reading a chart to someone, I like to be as spiritual as possible, about their own journey and the whole array of possibilities that they can take based on the ENERGY that is manifested in the planets and then expressed through the houses and aspects.
It seems to get a better response rather than me saying "Oh Pisces Midheaven? You should get into art or film school!"

I have a Scorpio Midheaven..... so I *cringe* everytime someone tells me I should be a detective. *cringe*
The Following User Says Thank You to animatedoodle For This Useful Post:
sibylline (07-22-2016)
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:53 PM

I know this is an argument about planets.

Nothing rules photography but the individuals desire to learn it.

Sorry is that rude??
I just think its limiting to give Astrology that much power.

It increases the chances of being wrong.

As a pretty strong Aries girl...I hate. being. wrong. HATE IT.
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedoodle View Post
This argument is funny.

How bout this spanner.....why do planets have to "rule" tangible things like photographs and the cinema? It doesn't make much sense to me. If feels restrictive once you start putting them in boxes

Not everyone that has a Pisces Midheaven is a photographer or filmmaker. Some of them are spiritual leaders (Dalai Lama) or famous physicist (Albert Einstein)

Are you saying that right now as Neptune is transiting over the Dalai Lama's midheaven he will start to question his journey and think about going into the movie industry?

It's not that simple to look at the Midheaven only. Or to assign a huge list of possible tangible connections.

When I'm reading a chart to someone, I like to be as spiritual as possible, about their own journey and the whole array of possibilities that they can take based on the ENERGY that is manifested in the planets and then expressed through the houses and aspects.
It seems to get a better response rather than me saying "Oh Pisces Midheaven? You should get into art or film school!"

I have a Scorpio Midheaven..... so I *cringe* everytime someone tells me I should be a detective. *cringe*
Neptune relates to cameras and photography because Neptune is all about the refinement and perfection of things. I know someone who has started her career and youtube and was successful at it. She has Neptune conjunct her MC and she does youtube videos. When people watch youtube videos, they are only seeing what the youtuber wants them to see. That is deception. Neptune makes us see what we want to see by ignoring the earthy annoying details that are uninteresting.
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Neptune relates to cameras and photography because Neptune is all about the refinement and perfection of things. I know someone who has started her career and youtube and was successful at it. She has Neptune conjunct her MC and she does youtube videos. When people watch youtube videos, they are only seeing what the youtuber wants them to see. That is deception. Neptune makes us see what we want to see by ignoring the earthy annoying details that are uninteresting.
Okay so you are saying that you can make the connection.

I have Uranus conjunct my Midheaven.

What am I going to be when I grow up?
Unread 07-21-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I know this is an argument about planets.

Nothing rules photography but the individuals desire to learn it.

Sorry is that rude??
I just think its limiting to give Astrology that much power.

It increases the chances of being wrong.

As a pretty strong Aries girl...I hate. being. wrong. HATE IT.
No, you're right. Associating cameras with astrology and planets is stupid. Astrology doesn't care about cameras.
Unread 07-22-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Okay so you are saying that you can make the connection.

I have Uranus conjunct my Midheaven.

What am I going to be when I grow up?
I was just giving an example. I don't know what you'll be. You'll probably work with technology, or choose a career that is different from the norm or different from what people expect you to be. You'll create your own career on your own terms. OR, it can mean that you change careers frequently or you're forced to change careers many times from outside circumstances.
Unread 07-22-2016, 12:02 AM
Account Closed

AppLeo. I apologize for ruining your thread. *sighs*
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue03Red For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (07-22-2016)
Unread 07-22-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
This argument is funny.

At least no one has suggested "sex therapist"!
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
animatedoodle (07-22-2016)
Unread 07-22-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue03Red View Post
AppLeo. I apologize for ruining your thread. *sighs*
I don't really mind.
Unread 07-22-2016, 12:22 AM

I've gotten sex therapist too.
Sex Educator? What is that? Thats a new one!

Quote:
You'll probably work with technology, or choose a career that is different from the norm or different from what people expect you to be. You'll create your own career on your own terms. OR, it can mean that you change careers frequently or you're forced to change careers many times from outside circumstances.
Today 08:59 AM

How dare you be accurate!??!!
The Following User Says Thank You to animatedoodle For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (07-22-2016)
Unread 07-22-2016, 01:01 AM

My goodness. I wouldn't think anything is the ruler of photography.
Reading a chart (or tea leaves or chicken entrails or whathaveyou) is a very different act than reading a book. When someone reads a book, the author had a particular intent that the reader is supposed to pick up on. The main message you get from reading stars is "neener neener" because otherwise they would have made themselves easier to read.
Unread 07-22-2016, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
My goodness. I wouldn't think anything is the ruler of photography.
Light rules photography, so the two light-givers, the Moon and Sun, would logically be its Rulers.
Unread 07-22-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Light rules photography, so the two light-givers, the Moon and Sun, would logically be its Rulers.
The Sun and Moon can just blow up then.
animatedoodle (07-22-2016)
Unread 07-22-2016, 05:21 AM

The sites say that Uranus is all about technology
I work with a computer.

Like those kinds of connections are not hard to make

But I don't work knowing about computers.... see thats the grey weird line...

Tags
guess, physical, signs, traits, zodiac