Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Relocation Astrology

Relocation Astrology For discussions on relocation astrology techniques: astro*carto*graphy, relocated charts, local space directions etc.

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:42 AM

Re: Relocation vs Natal chart?

and here for sydney,some people say the ideal place is where sun is rising,that would be canada, dakota and arizona and southern california
Attached Images
File Type: gif syd.gif (49.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by socrates; 12-28-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Banned

Why are you moving to Cologne ? I could better answer your questions if I could understand why you want to move there (or anywhere ?)

In my opinion, you should ONLY relocate to another part of the world if you have a plan...

If you don't have good reasons to move, then why move at all ?

Socrates, beware of the 'grass is greener' syndrome... You could very well end up being deceived, as symbolized by transiting Neptune conjoining your natal Moon at 0 Pisces?

The Moon in Pisces is looking for the PERFECT place to live, but there really is no such address... Every country has its flaws, good points and bad points...

Also, people with Moon and Uranus natally, in their charts, are difficult people to satisfy in my experience, since they have a constant craving for change and variety..

That is often the aspect of Ulyssis...like a ship going from port to port without any REAL life ambition or plan...

Beware of that !

good luck to you,

R.J. Smith

Last edited by R.J.; 12-29-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. View Post
Why are you moving to Cologne ? I could better answer your questions if I could understand why you want to move there (or anywhere ?)

In my opinion, you should ONLY relocate to another part of the world if you have a plan...

If you don't have good reasons to move, then why move at all ?

Socrates, beware of the 'grass is greener' syndrome... You could very well end up being deceived, as symbolized by transiting Neptune conjoining your natal Moon at 0 Pisces?

The Moon in Pisces is looking for the PERFECT place to live, but there really is no such address... Every country has its flaws, good points and bad points...

Also, people with Moon and Uranus natally, in their charts, are difficult people to satisfy in my experience, since they have a constant craving for change and variety..

That is often the aspect of Ulyssis...like a ship going from port to port without any REAL life ambition or plan...

Beware of that !

good luck to you,

R.J. Smith
well,i like the lifestyle, orderly without being boring,the gals, and the fact that is rightin the middle of europe close to any major european city, also the landscape, as im not too keen on heat and sea.My first choice was Australia but its almost impossible
in my case theres no green grass syndrome as ive been there lots of times
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
well,i like the lifestyle, orderly without being boring,the gals, and the fact that is rightin the middle of europe close to any major european city, also the landscape, as im not too keen on heat and sea.My first choice was Australia but its almost impossible
in my case theres no green grass syndrome as ive been there lots of times
LOL In most cases, the 'devil' you know... is better than the devil that you do not know !

all the best...

R.J.
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:20 AM

Talking Re: Relocation vs Natal chart?

Quote:
and here for sydney,some people say the ideal place is where sun is rising,that would be canada, dakota and arizona and southern california
Then go for it, southern California, here you come. You are destined to live in North America, but Canada and the Dakotas are ideal places to live in the summer months though. Arizona hasn't recovered from the real estate bubble burst and most of Cal. is still in depths of the great (est?) recession we ever had in state history.

Nice weather we're having in the Palm Springs area (right now, clear and warm about 65 F long after the sun sets) and the desert resort towns of Palm Desert, Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage and La Quinta, with parts of (west) Indio and Cathedral City, are economically affluent and prosperous places, unless you can afford to live here and a large percentage may be seasonal, but we have lots more year round locals (hot summers, triple-digits from early May to late Sept).
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM

I am resurrecting this thread mainly because this particular question was not addressed so I am curious about other's thoughts.

I understand your birth chart is who you are and the main natal chart, however, has anyone considered the angles and planetary placement moving to different houses and degrees as BOTH charts being sensitive? In other words, both my rising and mc degrees move forward 7 degrees for the ASC and 5 Degrees for the MC in my relocated natal chart. My original natal chart angles are always sensitive degrees and have created events, however it seems the relocated angle degrees are also sensitive to events. Do you consider both charts(natal and r. natal) having the ability to create an event? Also, I have one planet moving to another house, again, it seems to play a role in both the natal chart and the relocated chart as far as being sensitive to planetary activity.
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Nacho Send a message via Yahoo to Nacho

This is too difficult a subject too study, because there are too many possibilities of relocated charts versus natal charts. And a lot of subjective third party opinion would be involved. And people don't relocate all that often.
Unread 02-12-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:

For those who follow ashtakavarga (in Vedic astrology-or eclectics like me, who apply this technique to Western charts) one finds that sign in the natal chart which has the highest number of "energy points" (called sarva bindus)-then one looks for those places (locations) which have that same sign as the ascendant: this is a simple method, as long as you have a good source of reliable locational charts (the series of books with extensive mundane-ie locational-astrological charts, is the several volumes data collection by Marc Penfield, available at various internet vendors such as astroamerica.com) Figuring out the sarva bindu totals for each sign of the natal is easy-even if using Tropical-by applying the table given in chapter 3 of Aditya's "Dots of Destiny", to the natal chart.
Unread 09-02-2017, 05:45 AM

Hello Sandstone,
You are so accurate and to the point when you describe how relocation charts work. Unfortunately not many people understand this, unless they have travelled away from their place of birth, as this is the only way to realize that it works.

Saturn transits in particular have impressed me, as the afflicted houses clearly correspond to the new ascendant.

How do you read your own chart, especially transits and progressions?
Do you totally rely on your relocated ascendant and house cusp or do you also see the natal chart houses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstone View Post
hi saturnian,

great question! i recommend you continue to watch and study this for yourself to come up with a more solid answer on your own.. i have asked this question and aside from reading books on astrocartography and etc - jim lewis's work in particular, to find the answer, i have to conclude that the relocation chart is very central to it all.. i don't want to throw away what i know of my natal chart, but the relocation chart speaks volumes as i see it..

my family moved from where i was born in my teens.. i have been on the westcoast most of my adult life.. i've had a long time to ponder and watch this.

if you change a birth time what happens? the angles and placement of the planets change, among other things.. if you change the place, the same thing happens.. it is a relatively new and unexplored approach to doing astrology and one that deserves a lot more attention as i see it.. good luck figuring it all out.. reading the work of those who pioneered and have studied it aggressively will help.. finding friends who live in a different place then they were born with and watching things unfold for them is another way to see relocated charts in action..
The Following User Says Thank You to Oceanis For This Useful Post:
HoldOrFold (09-04-2017)

Tags
chart, natal, relocation