Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 11-22-2010, 06:21 AM

Smile Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?

Hi there,

I am very new to astrology and have just been reading through posts and have downloaded a recommended book for beginners by Frank.

Whilst I understand the natal chart gives me insght to who I am, I have created a relocation chart (based on where I am living at the moment) as I am wanting to move home due to being pregnant. I created the chart on the astro.com site as mentioned in various posts but I was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction to where I can find the explanation to it to help me decipher it whilst I'm learning.

Thanks in advance

Unread 01-05-2011, 08:26 PM

Thumbs up Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?

Interesting information. Can you recommend me books that could explain me with details about the different types of charts. I want to learn more about predictive astrology. You people are so amazing!
Unread 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM View Post
Interesting information. Can you recommend me books that could explain me with details about the different types of charts. I want to learn more about predictive astrology. You people are so amazing!
Try the *Recommendations Forum*
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Amy

I have all my birth data, but suppose if I dont have the exact time of my friends? what does an astrologer do when someone does not have that? how can they interpret the outcome of the relationship? this always bothered me that i dont have his birth time. please advise...
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:16 AM

How can i do this chart? i want to find out about my year ahead. please tell me how to get this, from the astro site? i already have my natal chart posted. should i alter it to reflect some changes? please advise as i would love to do this. thank you again.
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
I have all my birth data, but suppose if I dont have the exact time of my friends? what does an astrologer do when someone does not have that? how can they interpret the outcome of the relationship? this always bothered me that i dont have his birth time. please advise...
without the 'time' of birth you will only get *half the story* quite simply. It's that important. You cannot rely on the moon's aspect as this is the fastest moving planet, espec if it's the end/beginning of a sign.

As for outcomes in synastry, then horary is probably best for asking direct questions.....

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords –initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way. Astrological natal charts cannot explain environmental factors, financial handicaps/ restraints and what position you hold in society, neither can it tell you if you are of ‘Royalty’ or beggar.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.

Good luck with your journey

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM

Thanks for sharing this information.
I really don't understand that, "chart" thing, but thanks to this article I really did.
thanks again.

Oranum Astrology Readings
http://www.mindsignal.com/index.php
Unread 04-23-2011, 08:49 AM

What chart is good to use when looking for number and gender of children?
Unread 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulmother View Post
My opinion = the natal, and ideally the comparison of the natal charts of the potential mother and potential father...
Unread 04-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulmother View Post
relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9
Unread 05-09-2011, 06:59 AM

I keep a complex subject as simple as possible.

The natal chart for the basic person and path in life and from which every other prediction stems. The progressed chart for the current influences operating as well as the current transits. All of which are superimposed on the natal or birth chart. I dont use solar arcs or any other sort of chart. I dont use transitting nodes or stars and take notice of only those planets making aspects in transit that are echoed in the natal chart.
THen I use only major aspects with a smaller orb than used with natal chart aspects. I dont bother with minor aspects at all and no fixed stars. I may use Chiron as a support and sometimes I look at Ceres as it may well be very influential with Virgo. Juno is under scrutiny and I am researching it. I do use composite charts for the potential relationship of any two or even more persons involved. This reveals the real dynamics at play. I dont use synastry as much as it can be confusing and contradictory but can be used as a general guide.

That is it.

Last edited by Claire19; 05-09-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:02 AM

Natal chart and the 5th house of children and the potential and gender can often be discerned. The moon for fertility and the fourth house for general family conditions.

If you are wondering about a potential pregnancy then the transits have to be look at as well as the progressions. Planets through the 5th house have to be indicated or at least some activity with the ruler of that house and also the Moon and what it may be doing.

SOmetimes a birth may be shown in the 4th house of family. The charts of both potential parents need to be looked at as well as the composite chart of the two.
Unread 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Natal chart and the 5th house of children and the potential and gender can often be discerned. The moon for fertility and the fourth house for general family conditions.

If you are wondering about a potential pregnancy then the transits have to be look at as well as the progressions. Planets through the 5th house have to be indicated or at least some activity with the ruler of that house and also the Moon and what it may be doing.

SOmetimes a birth may be shown in the 4th house of family. The charts of both potential parents need to be looked at as well as the composite chart of the two.
when looking back on the birth of my first child 1978 transits and progressions, I really can't find anything significant at all that would indicate a birth.

Ruler of 5th prog Mercury was on sun/venus midpoint, progressed venus in 5th but this would be for many years.
Prog sun was 29' approaching cusp of 5th at 1' Gemini.
TJupiter was approaching sextile to sun in 4th.
T Uranus was retro opp to venus 1' approaching from 10th to 4th. I can say it was sudden, unexpected and unplanned though....
prog moon was squaring venus from 1st to 4th houses
T Node was conj Asc/MC midpoint

So I feel this shows there is *no clear pattern* of alignments to look for, for the birth of children. Unless of course I am missing something obvious, which I doubt
Unread 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM

HOW DO I DO A Synastry Chart?

I have a new friend and he knows he was born at 6pm, his parents will tell him exactly when he calls them, but, i do have the other information.

where are the instructions on how to do a Synastry Chart? or is it better to use the Davidson Chart to show if this relationship will be long term.

please advise as to what chart to use and how to calculate.

thank you so much.
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
HOW DO I DO A Synastry Chart?

I have a new friend and he knows he was born at 6pm, his parents will tell him exactly when he calls them, but, i do have the other information.

where are the instructions on how to do a Synastry Chart? or is it better to use the Davidson Chart to show if this relationship will be long term.

please advise as to what chart to use and how to calculate.

thank you so much.
relationship sticky
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:33 AM

Can anyone help me with this,i am new.I was at the www.astro.com and looking at those different chart,i don't know which one to use? i want to know if my ex will try to contact me in the future.So where do those kind of questions "fall"?
Unread 10-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana_sa View Post
Can anyone help me with this,i am new.I was at the www.astro.com and looking at those different chart,i don't know which one to use? i want to know if my ex will try to contact me in the future.So where do those kind of questions "fall"?
Your question would be suitable for a horary question, IF you follow the basic rules
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards
You could try asking a horary question in that forum, by posting a chart and asking a question with yes or no answer but first you need to learn few basics and at least attempt an interpretation as horary is inundated with silly questions and senior members get very frustrated....

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_kdvalue_e.htm

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2
Unread 10-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Ok horary question,but which chart? hon astro.com there are many different
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana_sa View Post
Ok horary question,but which chart? hon astro.com there are many different
follow the link I gave you above and that will explain matters

every forum has *stickys* in it at the top, these are advices,explanations and resources, so please use them...
plus we have a search feature ,bit like google using keywords
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:14 PM

thanks i will use it
Unread 10-15-2011, 08:16 PM

WHAT ABOUT if you WANT TO KNOW when a significant relationship will come into your life???

i dont know which chart to use.

again, i see all sorts of charts IF YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP..But aside from the Natal, is there one i can use to see when would a relationship most likely occur?

Please advise - i do go on astro.com, but all i know how to do is a Natal. and then, there are so many drop down lists, its hard to decide which one will give me the best and/or most accurate description

please advise and THANK YOU - I will keep searching.
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
WHAT ABOUT if you WANT TO KNOW when a significant relationship will come into your life???

i dont know which chart to use.

again, i see all sorts of charts IF YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP..But aside from the Natal, is there one i can use to see when would a relationship most likely occur?

Please advise - i do go on astro.com, but all i know how to do is a Natal. and then, there are so many drop down lists, its hard to decide which one will give me the best and/or most accurate description

please advise and THANK YOU - I will keep searching.
Quote:
have you read the whole thread?? why don't you post your chart with progressions and transits in RMC forum OR try here

Relationship sticky
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:29 PM

This thread is fantastic! Thank you for providing detailed information on what each chart provides. I have much to learn.

Unread 12-01-2011, 08:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress

wonderful sticky!
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:41 PM

I'll add my grain of sand. Haven't read all the replies, so I may be repeating.

Here's an actual example of how I chose "which chart type to use:"

I had just given a weekend seminar on astrology in a town in Mexico I had never visited before. So after finishing the seminar, I decided to play tourist for a few days. I was standing on a busy sidewalk outside a grocery store waiting to use a pay phone, when a woman's voice called my name....

I turned and saw a woman who I did not know. She immediately asked me, "Como saldra el nino?" (How will the baby come out?) I was a bit confused. Who was this woman, and what baby was she talking about? Then I noticed that she was very pregnant. And I noticed that she was emotionally agitated. I discovered she had attended my seminar.

As I stood there, taking in all these details of the situation, I asked myself which type of chart I should employ to help her. The question was a specific one....and she had a powerful psychological investment in the question, as evidenced by her obiviously anxious emotional state. So I opted for horary.

But I didn't have my watch with me. So I asked a man standing nearby what time he had, and arranged to visit the woman at her home the next morning when I would have access to my ephemeris and tables.

Now out of that specific question (How will the baby come out?), this woman (a Virgo and professional worry-wart) came up with a dozen more questions....but each of those questions hinged on the birth of the baby, and were therefore legitimately (and very accurately) dealt with by that horary chart. The questions included such topics as her employment and the state of her marriage, the state of the baby's health at birth and even the date and time of birth.

The criteria I used (already mentioned) for selecting horary over natal were:

1. The question was very specific.
2. She was emotionally invested in the question. It was not a superficial question, and it had been cooking in her head for some time before asking. I could see, physically, her agitated and concerned psychological state.

I am of the opinion that horary charts are abused...used far too often and superficially. It is just silly to take an exam, rush off to visit your friendly neighborhood astrologer and ask "Will I pass the exam?" when the results will be published in three days and there is nothing you can do now to affect the outcome.

In the case of a natal chart, which is used for general consultations as well as addressing specific problems (situations), the natal chart should always be brought up to the current moment and near future by use of directions, progressions, profections and transits (whatever your preferred methods of actualizing the chart happen to be). And even more important than the type of chart used is How they are used.

I just recently got a late-night call from a friend. He had just had a disastrous argument with his mother and "said things" that probably destroyed the relationship. He was of course emotionally distraught. I told him I'd drop by his place the next evening.

When I began talking with him the next evening, I showed him the transiting Mercury exactly opposing his natal Mars, with the nodal axis right in the middle of the fray. And then I moved to his natal chart, because I thought it more important to discuss the roots of the incident rather than the incident itself. I got him talking.

And he said that he had really messed up, that what he did was "self-destructive." Which gave me the opportunity to help change his perspective. I pointed out that his actions had not been self-destructive, but had instead liberated him from a suffocating relationship with his mother, had empowered him and set him free. After all, life is nothing more than your attitude toward it.

The choice of chart type for an astrologer is very much the same as the choice of tool by a carpenter. He knows what he can do with each tool, and understands his purpose. He selects his tool according to his purpose.

Tags
chart, charts, education