Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Relocation Astrology

Relocation Astrology For discussions on relocation astrology techniques: astro*carto*graphy, relocated charts, local space directions etc.

Unread 01-21-2011, 11:36 PM

Re: What is your Ascendant in your relocated chart and how does it influence you?

Interestingly enough, my relocation ascendant is the same as my birth ascendant, just different degrees.

Caguas, PR: 29 Pisces
Toronto, On: 5 Pisces

So I'm still pretty much ruled by Neptune.

Unread 01-22-2011, 02:55 AM

Re: What is your Ascendant in your relocated chart and how does it influence you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noideaaboutastro View Post
Secretly seating here hoping somebody can suggest something to me. This place and I just ain't gellin'. Still. It's not looking for change any time soon either...
Well... you are asking a relocation question, but you are saying that you are not willing to move. How can anyone help you?

Here you do not have any strong aspects with your natal axes. If you do not consider your Virgo Moon inconjunct your relocated ascendant. But your natal axes are all in the "correct" signs and the planets are positioned fairly well.

If you move about 250 miles west, then your Pluto will move out of your 7th house and into your 8th house, which will be better for relationships.

If you move 1000 miles west (if that is at all possible), then your Saturn will be on the MC and Venus on the IC, which will activate your work life and home life even more.

Your issues with relationships may have nothing to do with the relocation. Your natal and also relocated DC are ruled by Venus, which is afflicted by Saturn and Uranus. You should read up on what you can do about this.

If you move about 2000 miles west, and your Moon will be on the DC. Then you will really want relationships. You will not be able to function well without them. It doesn't mean thought that you will have more luck, simply you will be needing relationships more than now.

Unread 01-22-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0rnholio View Post
Well... you are asking a relocation question, but you are saying that you are not willing to move. How can anyone help you?

Here you do not have any strong aspects with your natal axes. If you do not consider your Virgo Moon inconjunct your relocated ascendant. But your natal axes are all in the "correct" signs and the planets are positioned fairly well.

If you move about 250 miles west, then your Pluto will move out of your 7th house and into your 8th house, which will be better for relationships.

If you move 1000 miles west (if that is at all possible), then your Saturn will be on the MC and Venus on the IC, which will activate your work life and home life even more.

Your issues with relationships may have nothing to do with the relocation. Your natal and also relocated DC are ruled by Venus, which is afflicted by Saturn and Uranus. You should read up on what you can do about this.

If you move about 2000 miles west, and your Moon will be on the DC. Then you will really want relationships. You will not be able to function well without them. It doesn't mean thought that you will have more luck, simply you will be needing relationships more than now.
Thanks C0rnholio!

Hmmm...where did I say I wasn't willing to move? I am more than willing to move, it is just that it would be hard to relocate, logistically speaking. I do not see where you have gotten the idea that you just voiced .

There is the possibility of moving to those areas that you mentioned, although I did not think that a Saturn MC could bring much luck - as far as I know Saturn isn't much of a joy bringer. Could you please tell me a bit more about what those relocations would mean? This is where I'm really struggling to grasp relocation astrology, I can't seem to get a "feel" about what sort of differences certain relocations would make.

I was actually thinking of moving somewhere that will change my Venus into 8th house, but one of those areas (the most likely) also puts Neptune on my MC, which I assume shall not be good for my career?
Unread 01-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
This place and I just ain't gellin'. Still. It's not looking for change any time soon either...
Go to astro.com, resister if you haven't done so already, go to Free Horoscopes, AstroClick Travel. Click on the map and read:

Saturn/MC Line

With the position of Saturn in Midheaven you are required to deal with your professional and social ambitions. Your personal goals undergo a critical test. You may face difficulties if you have unrealistic expectations or if you have had a tendency in the past to omit and neglect certain parts of your duties.

You may be required to assume greater responsibility and increased performance. Here you are confronted with the situation to either fight completely for a cause or to yield under the pressure of your duties.

Your pride and strong ambition can attract powerful opponents but you meet such opposition with stoic serenity and unflinching firmness. Trusting in your own abilities, you make patience and time a prerequisite to all your endeavours, and this turns out in your favour.

In these regions, there is a good chance of coming closer to finding your true destiny. You divorce yourself from misleading illusions or false ideals, and focus your efforts on solving attending problems. Step by step, you make your long-term projects come true. You are generally admired for the way in which you complete tasks, for which you gain recognition and respect. You are seen as a public role model for independence and discipline.

Unread 01-22-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
What are your experiences of the ascendant influence in relocation astrology?

Natally my ascendant is in Scorpio but where I've lived over 15 years it's in Aries - so a complete back flip on my personality.
My experiences have been confusing so far, just like yours. My natal ascendant is in Pisces and relocated ascendant in Gemini. How different can you get? It's so different that I've decided to give relocation astrology a rest for now and focus on learning other things.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Go to astro.com, resister if you haven't done so already, go to Free Horoscopes, AstroClick Travel. Click on the map and read:

Saturn/MC Line

With the position of Saturn in Midheaven you are required to deal with your professional and social ambitions. Your personal goals undergo a critical test. You may face difficulties if you have unrealistic expectations or if you have had a tendency in the past to omit and neglect certain parts of your duties.

You may be required to assume greater responsibility and increased performance. Here you are confronted with the situation to either fight completely for a cause or to yield under the pressure of your duties.

Your pride and strong ambition can attract powerful opponents but you meet such opposition with stoic serenity and unflinching firmness. Trusting in your own abilities, you make patience and time a prerequisite to all your endeavours, and this turns out in your favour.

In these regions, there is a good chance of coming closer to finding your true destiny. You divorce yourself from misleading illusions or false ideals, and focus your efforts on solving attending problems. Step by step, you make your long-term projects come true. You are generally admired for the way in which you complete tasks, for which you gain recognition and respect. You are seen as a public role model for independence and discipline.

Yeah, that sounds horrible. I think I may look for a place sun as Sun on my Asc or something.......something nice and cheery.
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:37 PM

I am not really sure if I'm 'buying' this. My natal AC is Pisces. In 1997 I relocated to a place where my AC 'became' Sag. So what does that mean? I think, if anything, those changes are subtle, internal ones. I definitely did not 'become' a Sag rising.

After that, I lived in a place with Scorpio AC, and now I'm in a place with Cancer AC. Perhaps these last two are close enough to my Natal Pisces AC to not really notice the difference?
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that sounds horrible. I think I may look for a place sun as Sun on my Asc or something.......something nice and cheery.
Yeah, my place for this aspect is in Dakar in Africa, where they've been having war for the last decade or so.

Whatever your goals are. Saturn on the MC is still very good for professional success, but it does not over overnight and it does not come free.

Last edited by C0rnholio; 01-22-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
I am not really sure if I'm 'buying' this. My natal AC is Pisces. In 1997 I relocated to a place where my AC 'became' Sag. So what does that mean? I think, if anything, those changes are subtle, internal ones. I definitely did not 'become' a Sag rising.

After that, I lived in a place with Scorpio AC, and now I'm in a place with Cancer AC. Perhaps these last two are close enough to my Natal Pisces AC to not really notice the difference?
Often relocation chart is a very subtle thing. But sometimes it is blunt in your face. But your natal chart is still you main one. Also, you have to stay in one place for a while before you start noticing effects. That "for a while" varies, depending on who you ask.

Unread 01-22-2011, 09:10 PM

Darfur

They also have the option of looking at the aspects. Makes it even more confusing.

I traveled a lot and I experienced places where I wanted to leave as soon as I arrived and also places where I instantly felt really good. I am in a 'good' place now (Melbourne) but there's no lines even close to me so it must be something else.

I like to play around with this, but I certainly wouldn't base a relocation decision on astrocartography.
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Often relocation chart is a very subtle thing. But sometimes it is blunt in your face. But your natal chart is still you main one. Also, you have to stay in one place for a while before you start noticing effects. That "for a while" varies, depending on who you ask.
I lived in the Sag place for 12 years... but yeah, you could be right about the changes being subtle. Just because I have not experienced a drastic change in myself when I relocated does not mean it does not exist... however, I tend to believe things when I see/experience them for myself (Saturn opp. Jupiter, perhaps?!).
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
I lived in the Sag place for 12 years... but yeah, you could be right about the changes being subtle. Just because I have not experienced a drastic change in myself when I relocated does not mean it does not exist... however, I tend to believe things when I see/experience them for myself (Saturn opp. Jupiter, perhaps?!).
Soft and favorable aspects are often unnoticed. I once lived in a place with Mars on my DC, and I almost had my asset kicked a few times during just the two months that I was there. I also traveled to a place with Uranus in my 6th house, and developed weird health issues. Where I am now the effects are not as obvious at first sight.

Unread 02-04-2011, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the "How To" for getting a relocation chart...one quick question tho' - should I use my birth time in my birth time zone or use the birth time in the relocated zone?

I was born in London at 2.45 am GMT and I am interested in relocating to Melbourne so the time zone question is crucial!

Thanks!
Unread 02-05-2011, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryrising View Post
Thanks for the "How To" for getting a relocation chart...one quick question tho' - should I use my birth time in my birth time zone or use the birth time in the relocated zone?

I was born in London at 2.45 am GMT and I am interested in relocating to Melbourne so the time zone question is crucial!

Thanks!
You need to enter whatever time and day was in Melbourne at the moment that you were born in London. Astro.com will do it for you, if you figure out how it works. If you do it right, then your Ascendant will change, but your Moon (the fastest planet) will remain in the exact same degree of the same sign.

Unread 02-05-2011, 01:34 PM

Thanks C0rnholio, I didn't see how to get astro to do the time for me but it went fine.

Kinda!

Saturn rising in Virgo in the Melbourne Ascendent...

:-)
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
Yep, go to astro.com in free horoscopes, Extended chart selection just put in new birth town, leave all other details same and it will give you new chart as if you were born their.
you dont need to change your place of birth. this will change the degrees of the moon and you dont want that. you need to change reference place. this option is in astro.com as well. by changing the reference place, then go to relocation chart and that is all.

best

Nordic
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
kbell - how long have you being relocated though? It may take some time to see the difference.

As for me, I am going mad. I know I need to relocate but nowhere where I could potentially find a job is considered great on my chart. *bangs head on brick* I know I hate this place though, I am slowly dying (not joking)...
i too am doing this same thing, stuck in philly - looking for a place my career will take a pos turn, looking to LA, but jup squares MC in the relocation chart.. i dont think that bodes well for success, however my sun and mars trine it..so..who knows, perhaps it will strike a balance?? and keep your chin up, something always happens..
Unread 05-29-2011, 06:46 AM

When you change the location,

doesn't one need to also change the time to match the "same time" as birthplace time, meaning either move your birth time for the relocated chart ahead or back to match how many time zones you have moved from your birth place?
Unread 05-29-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cat View Post
When you change the location,

doesn't one need to also change the time to match the "same time" as birthplace time, meaning either move your birth time for the relocated chart ahead or back to match how many time zones you have moved from your birth place?
Yes. And if you use the Relocation chart on Astra.com it will do it for you.

Unread 06-05-2011, 08:01 PM

this is really fascinating, I have emigrated but have thought of it.

I ran a chart for a place I really like going too. my sun was in first close to ascendant! wow.
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:55 PM

So i've read all these posts, and I'm thinking - moving does not change the essential you, becasue you move and your chart changes signifies more of a change in your position in life or position and strategy towards life. I also think in relocational astrology you have to take a look at not just your natal chart, but your solar return chart for the year. I can use me as an example.
In my charts that i posted you can see my birth chart w/ rising 25 scorp, 29 pisc sun and MC 8 Virgo.
my SR/Philly chart everything is clusterd in my 12th w/ Sun conjunct and activating Uranus (change)- ad a very strong Pluto in the 9th.

This year, (after struggling and being alone for nearly 4 years financially and vocationally) decided at the ripe age of 47-to write a book, sell my house and move to Los Angeles, where my business ( movies and TV) thrives.
in the meantime- i was presented with 2 films, one to produce another to direct!
So this year i've beemn trying to raise money for these films sell my house and move to LA- which nothing has managed to happen so far.
but you can see it all in both my birth/relocation and SR charts for both philly and LA, IT'S CRAZY but it's right there.
In LA - my jupiter sits on my Descendent, Venus moves to my 7th house Libra ASC AND MC CANCER 25 - WHICH TRINES BOTH MY NATAL ASC AND DESC AND SUN.
my relocation chart in LA everything moves to the 1st house, which signifies, new beginnings..

so my advice do both the SR chart and the relocation for both
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR_MP_Philly.jpg (87.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SR_LA MP.jpg (88.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg michelle birth.jpg (90.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg michelle LA.jpg (92.1 KB, 5 views)
Unread 06-16-2011, 01:02 PM

The SR chart location is now confusing me. I used to use to location where I was at the actual return of the Sun, which was usually the place where I lived anyways. This year, I will be in New Zealand (provided ash plumes and earth quakes aren't getting in my way) but only for a holiday. I think I'll make 2. One for the place of current residence and one for NZ and see for myself how it pans out.

I still think though that the natal charts still stand regardless. Even a SR chart with the place of birth will have validity.
Unread 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM

I think the natal chart stands, yes, there is no taking away that the natal is your personality, it is in essence whop you are - BUT look at the SR to see how you will be in that region. MY SR in LA clearly shows new beginnings
Where my SR philly clearly shows change and contemplation and working behind the scenes., (movie deals) etc.
Unread 06-16-2011, 01:27 PM

Some people travel to a certain place to get a certain SR chart. I'm sceptical about that, but what you describe makes absolute sense.
Unread 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM

I'm sure they do, but with me, LA is where my business is, i can't imagine going anywhere else, with that said, i think it's also my destiny ( with Jupiter strongly place in my relocation chart- its' been there all along, it's just that now im ready and im seeing it, and it's in my chart to see it - before i've never even looked, so it took the push of my natal and my natal's SR to see where to go.

Tags
ascendant, ascendants, astrology, chart, influence, relocated, relocation