Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 02-03-2010, 12:58 PM

Re: Beginning to Study Astrology

Wow, that was very interesting, i think im probably the youngest person on this site (14)

I have always been interested in stars, when i was younger i used to lay on my trampoline at night with my dog and stare at the stars in admiration

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Antikythera Mechanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
Wow, that was very interesting, i think im probably the youngest person on this site (14)

I have always been interested in stars, when i was younger i used to lay on my trampoline at night with my dog and stare at the stars in admiration
Yep you are right. I am pretty old myself but young at heart. When I was young and living down in Costa Rica, I wondered if there were any meanings to fixed stars and star parans- the angles to the planets/stars.

Unread 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Antikythera Mechanism

Charlotte....I envy you because when I was your age I was not interested in Astrology- I really got into it when I saw mysterious patterns of behavior with someone I once trusted- The reason I brought all that out is because astrology is such an important aspect of my life and it really kept my sanity together!

[personal/intimate comments about family members are to be avoided in this forum as it has no relevance to this thread. Therefore I deleted them. Moderator.]

Last edited by starlink; 02-03-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antikythera Mechanism View Post
Charlotte....I envy you because when I was your age I was not interested in Astrology- I really got into it when I saw mysterious patterns of behavior with someone I once trusted-
The reason I brought all that out is because astrology is such an important aspect of my life and it really kept my sanity together!
Maybe you can help me out, because im really confused!

[deleted intimate comments quoted, per moderator comment above]

Last edited by wilsontc; 02-16-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Unread 02-10-2010, 09:39 AM

larrydzwonkowski, that link could be useful for others also. Maybe you could post the link as well in the "Recommendations" board of this forum.

[Note: larry is a spammer and has been banned from the forum - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 02-10-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM

Thanks Frank for the post. I wish I could come to your classes.

I've being learning astrology pretty much from this forum and from places like cafeastrology, astro.com etc. So basically, online. I'm getting better at it, but sooooo eeevvvvveeeeer soooooooo ssssslllllllloooowwwwlllllhyy. It's a little bit painful.

Everytime there is an interpretation question I feel like having a go at it, then read the skilled knowledgeable astrologers notes on it and see things I never saw! And my input becomes void, because frankly they can just see so much more than me. It definately is a science that takes a lot of time.

I have to admit though, even though I'm a beginner, I do look at Chiron and Juno - for me, personally, I find them important. It could also be because my Juno is conjunct my Sun in 7th house. But even though those with more authority than me will probably tisk tisk at me for it, I also do what intuitively feels right - and involving those two in my interpretations does. I think astrology is not just learning but also intuition - when you look at a chart, you also get a "feel". Or maybe that's just me.

But yeah, as you can see by my name, I'm still learning.
Unread 02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

The link was full advertisements, and a search engine. I wouldn't put advertising sites on recommendations. The thread should consist of established websites, and good books. Astrodienst is great for articles and free chart generators, sample readings etc. An astrology student beginning their studies, will find this place useful. There are plenty of others out there, but you can never replace good books. If you are on a low budget, I think we should set up a place where you can learn the basics for free on the net, but you feel safe clicking the links . Narrow all those links down on the recommendations board, It takes forever to go through, and open a new thread with only the essential ones listed. Moderated links to other sites.

[Note: larry is a spammer and has been banned from the forum - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 02-10-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM

Well then if this is the beginning of class - I'm here, sorry I'm late... fashionably as always

So... Master/Teacher/Speaker - Frank!

Hit us with the details so we can all grow asap.
..Her hands feel the embrace of heavy tools, red cloth wraps her wet body, she's changing. her hair curves out into thick locks. her tear-shaped breasts now armoured, body fit. Aware of her quick perception as eagles pass on the vast plains, her breathing deepens. Feet stabilize, muscles tighten, head tilted forward. Fire fills dreamy Luna's heart, sharpening her senses. Now enriched by her freedom to act again, she turns away from the water "the answers are here, i'll have to fight for them.."
Unread 02-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastien Cheritte View Post
Well then if this is the beginning of class - I'm here, sorry I'm late... fashionably as always

So... Master/Teacher/Speaker - Frank!

Hit us with the details so we can all grow asap.
I suggest reading the section on the planets in William Lilly's "Christian Astrology" Book I. It is in the public domain and available from several sites on the Web for download.

Once you learn the meanings and assignments for each of the planets - as well as discover the underlying logic for those meanings and assignments - you'll be well on your way.
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:10 PM

Frank.. say I be frank then and mention my reluctance to read this book based on various self-assured reasons why not to.

***Then I ask you whether or not you have something to ask me to show and/or tell whether or not I NEED to.
..Her hands feel the embrace of heavy tools, red cloth wraps her wet body, she's changing. her hair curves out into thick locks. her tear-shaped breasts now armoured, body fit. Aware of her quick perception as eagles pass on the vast plains, her breathing deepens. Feet stabilize, muscles tighten, head tilted forward. Fire fills dreamy Luna's heart, sharpening her senses. Now enriched by her freedom to act again, she turns away from the water "the answers are here, i'll have to fight for them.."

Last edited by Sebastien Cheritte; 02-12-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank

Quote:
Frank.. say I be frank then and mention my reluctance to read this book based on various self-assured reasons why not to.
Suit yourself, then.
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Thanks Frank, fair enough... but the best way for me to get any idea of what's going on at all I suppose would be for me drop my chart somewhere and take a look at it with an expert... where could I do that?
Unread 02-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Sebastien, if you want to look at your chart together with an astrologer, then find an astrologer near where you are living, who is willing to sit with you for a couple of month . Or going to a course would be another way to do it .

Frank is right, start with that book, or with a modern astrology for beginners book. Frank is more into traditional right now, but even so, Traditional is how it all started, how Astrology came into existence, so try going over that book as it really gives a lot of extremely good information. If you want to continue the modern way, you can always build onto that basic traditional information.
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink View Post
Frank, this is a wonderful addition to this Forum. I hope all the members here will read this as indeed, as you say:
People who have barely even looked at a chart are suddenly zooming off to investigate hypothetical planets, thousands of asteroids, and arcane techniques.
This is what exasperates me every time again. Even the other day someone was asking about a point in space I just had never even heard of!!! and I am in this business for over 30 years.

Thank you very much for the precise and "step for step" explanation on how you work. This will be a great help for any beginner. New beginners just have to learn to be patient and stop being curious about what will happen to them. I cant tell you how often I have pointed that out.

Made my day!

Starlink
I understand your frustration about these asteroids, fixed stars and whatever. Someone just seems to manufacture the legends about them and mainly because they want to evoke a scenario to play out the way they want. I never use them and I have been practising for 30 years also.
I am even skeptical about Chiron to be honest.
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post

I hope when you are older and can handle it, that you will learn the science and the art that is astrology. It is fun to look at the Sun signs etc and read newspaper columns but really that is only for entertainment. Astrology is very complex and takes a long time to really get a handle on it.

I wish you luck in the future and keep stargazing.
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.Re View Post
Yup, its called Passion with a capital"P".

I agree it has to be a passion as it is a difficult and complex subject and many fall by the wayside in their studies and dont complete.

I am one that has been enamoured of it all for many many years and I feel it is really a calling of a sort. We need a strong Uranus for sure or 11th house or Aquarian planets to stick with astrology......Jupiter connections also help as do planets in the 8th of the metaphysical realms and the 12th for spiritual yearnings. The 9th for a sense of faith and learning the Universal truths. Any and all of these combinations.. Pluto for obsession, passion and tenacity......

Last edited by Claire19; 05-27-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomlover View Post
Amen! Preach it, sister!

Very well put, Claire! Actually, after having endured a huge crisis of faith, much of it at the hands of "the Church" - it was watching the transits, and seeing that they never fail - that helped restore my faith in something greater than myself actually being in control of everything.

FL
Yeah sorry to sound sermonising......Glad to hear your comments about taking your own observations and using them. I am not sure of the nature of the godforce but there has to be something that has set everything in motion and although it seems chaotic it actually isnt.
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Frank, fair enough... but the best way for me to get any idea of what's going on at all I suppose would be for me drop my chart somewhere and take a look at it with an expert... where could I do that?
beinners forum but be warned my style in not to simply drop answers in your lap --

My way of helping newcomers is for them to do more research and learning rather than just ‘drop the answer in your lap’ and not necessarily to provide professional readings and forecast future events. If you are truly interested in astrology, I and most others here will help you…..

Having a Sagittarius MC which is the sign of the teacher and I do indeed teach astrology. This forum is a wonderful community of all mixed levels and types of astrologers. So I may provide links to encourage you in the hope that if you are sincerely interested enough you will do the research and enlighten yourself….
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
I agree it has to be a passion as it is a difficult and complex subject and many fall by the wayside in their studies and dont complete.

I am one that has been enamoured of it all for many many years and I feel it is really a calling of a sort. We need a strong Uranus for sure or 11th house or Aquarian planets to stick with astrology......Jupiter connections also help as do planets in the 8th of the metaphysical realms and the 12th for spiritual yearnings. The 9th for a sense of faith and learning the Universal truths. Any and all of these combinations.. Pluto for obsession, passion and tenacity......
True, I have very close trine to MC and teach astrology,Aquarius Asc, uranus conj sun/moon midpoint AND have written a diploma and do public speaking when I have the time it is addictive...
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM

excellent post!
Unread 08-28-2010, 05:34 PM

I am also beginning to study Astrology and am looking for a good training course. I looked at www.skyage.com and it looked good. What do you think? Also Matrix software. Thanks
Unread 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Where ever you think it fits best - I wanted to have discussion of it, so I thought the Education Board was the wrong choice. Maybe Greenhorns' Lounge?
Very good suggestion. I will see if I can make a Sticky out of it. Newby's should see this.
Unread 12-06-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Very well put. The Church typically advised against the masses gaining too much knowledge and therefore not able to be controlled. They have typically used it themselves however for a long time. God created the Universe and we are part of it all. Keep them dumbed down and in fear has been their modus operandi. To be a genuine astrologer is to know that your beliefs only deepen and know that there is a Godforce behind everything. We all know that the Bible has been adulterated, misinterpreted and edited to suit the prevailing authorities.
As the daughter of a Christian Pastor, (I am on parole for good behavior from that "religion"), and a Lover of Astrology, this statement is soooo true.
Sadly, nobody realizes that God never invented "religion".

Blessings, Serafin5

Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook
Unread 12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwillson View Post
Very good suggestion. I will see if I can make a Sticky out of it. Newby's should see this.
this is *already* a sticky and appropriately placed in 'Beginner's board'
Unread 12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhpeltz View Post
I am also beginning to study Astrology and am looking for a good training course. I looked at www.skyage.com and it looked good. What do you think? Also Matrix software. Thanks
Have you looked through our *Recommendations Forum?*

Tags
astrology, beginning, study