Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Relocation Astrology

Relocation Astrology For discussions on relocation astrology techniques: astro*carto*graphy, relocated charts, local space directions etc.

Unread 11-21-2009, 12:50 AM

Re: General question about relocation charts

I think that solar return and relocation charts show very different things.

A solar return chart is a kind of transit chart, and is meant simply to indicate your year ahead. A relocation chart says something about how you change as a result of living in a new location. Generally people have to move a fair distance away from their birthplace to see much difference between their natal and relocation charts, unless they have some angles or planets that are right on a sign or house cusp.

Another type of chart (map actually) of interest is astro*carto*graphy or Astromap [available at www.astro.com under "special charts" or "AstroClick Travel"], which shows how you can move along planetary or angle lines in order to find a good place to live, or even take a vacation.

Unread 11-21-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelena234 View Post
I have read that we don't need Relocation Astrology because we can make Solar Return for new country and new city.

As I know we are born only once and not more times, what Relocation Chart shows. Why do two jobs if we can do just one?

I have lived in abroad and all my Solar Returns for there did work.

Y-
A Solar return is like a birthday chart, it starts around your birthday, and shows the year's influences. If I have my solar return in New York, and 3 weeks later move to Seattle, I can't draw up a new solar return chart relocated to Seattle, because your solar return can't be "born" twice. When people do relocation charts it shows influences in that area for as long as you're there. 5 months, 5 years. so it's really a very different thing from a Solar return chart.
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Can I ask how one calculates for a relocation chart please. I was born and lived in UK for 23years but emigrated to Oz and have lived here for 40 years. I calculcated my birht time in Oz 10 hours ahead and it seems to fit quite well.
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewit View Post
Can I ask how one calculates for a relocation chart please. I was born and lived in UK for 23years but emigrated to Oz and have lived here for 40 years. I calculcated my birht time in Oz 10 hours ahead and it seems to fit quite well.
There's a facility on astro.com for drawing up your birth chart for the UK, then using this info to have your relocation chart automatically calculated.

Click on Free Horoscopes, then Chart Drawing, Ascendant, put in your birth details to get your own birth chart, then:

Click on Extended Chart Section, and under Methods, open up the drop-down list and click on Relocation Chart. Under Options, you will have to modify your reference place to the location in which you are now living.

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen

Tags
charts, general, question, relocation