Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 10-09-2019, 03:47 PM

Astrologers say: 'Saturn delays but never denies'.....

.... But what are those aspects/placements which actually deny (and prevent something to happen in the native's life)?

Unread 10-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Re: Astrologers say: 'Saturn delays but never denies'.....

What makes you think they exist?
Unread 10-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Astrologers say: 'Saturn delays but never denies'.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by helike13 View Post
.... But what are those aspects/placements which actually deny (and prevent something to happen in the native's life)?
There's no such thing as a placement that outright prevents something from happening. There are all sorts of ways a chart could indicate that it's likely x will happen or not so likely y will happen, but that's a matter of probability, not guarantee.

Saturn shows a likelihood of whatever it indicates taking longer than average to manifest, because Saturn is all about getting it right the first time. Saturn won't let you just jump in and start something and throw caution to the wind. Saturn says, wait, have you thought about this, and what about that. Kind of like, if you and a friend were going on a camping trip, and you packed the tent and the sleeping bags and said let's go, but your friend said no, first we have to check the weather report, and make sure we have the right clothes, and figure out how much we'll eat and whether there's water at the campground and....

Saturn is like your friend in this scenario. He delays the start of the trip by making sure you've got everything worked out and all the contingencies planned for. But that doesn't mean you won't go on the trip.

There are no individual astrological planets that outright deny anything. Saturn is the only one that delays in that exact fashion. That said, it's possible for a chart to have multiple factors, not just Saturn--and sometimes not even including Saturn--that suggest something isn't likely, but usually, it's some factors in favor of x happening and other factors against it. That creates what we call mixed testimony, and when there's mixed testimony, the situation might go either way.

If you had every factor possible pointing to something not being likely to happen for you, you probably wouldn't even desire that something. That's usually how it works.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!

Tags
astrologers, aturn, delays, denies