Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 02-15-2019, 02:25 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

How about Neptune in Gemini and the "Gay Nineties", right after the ending of the Neptune in Taurus era when "Cattle was King"?

Last edited by david starling; 02-15-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I can understand why Neptune is so weak in Virgo astrological-wise. But logical-wise, I find it strange that Virgo Neptune is weaker than Cap Neptune. Cap is much more materialistic and forceful than Virgo, so isn't Cap against that dreamy attitude of Neptune the most?
They're basically sextile, instead of oppositional.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
How about Neptune in Gemini and the "Gay Nineties", right after the ending of the Neptune in Taurus era when "Cattle was King".
I noticed that Pluto was also in Gemini during Gemini Neptune too. Out twin was a bit confused during that time.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:30 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. So guess a Gemini doesn't say something so heavy
If you think the poet who gave us the seven levels of hell replete with all the punishments for each type of mortal sin, then Dante Alighieri would be just the type of "heavy" Gemini that you'd be looking for - that is if his birth chart is to be believed.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
If you think the poet who gave us the seven levels of hell replete with all the punishments for each type of mortal sin, then Dante Alighieri would be just the type of "heavy" Gemini that you'd be looking for - that is if his birth chart is to be believed.
Isn't Dante the guy who gave Morning-star Venus a bad reputation?
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
I erred and attributed that quote to Sartre. However, he did agree with it, until he converted to Messianic Judaism just before his death. Shocked and dismayed his followers!
I have the opposite interpretation to that "God is Dead" quote. Since the bulwark of Christianity was crumbling at the time of his writing, it was important for people to create their own values that weren't grounded in the church, since the Church has failed the people in providing them with sufficient meaning and reason for existence - at least how he saw it. Perhaps it was during that time that the final blow to Christian moral hegemony was dealt - since the Church was losing steam throughout the whole of the enlightenment period.

From Nietzsche in Human, All-Too-Human:

"Private and Ecumenical Morality .—
Since the belief has ceased that a God directs in
general the fate of the world and, in spite of all
apparent crookedness in the path of humanity,
leads it on gloriously, men themselves must set
themselves ecumenical aims embracing the whole
earth. The older morality, especially that of
Kant, required from the individual actions which
were desired from all men,— that was a delightfully naive thing, as if each one knew off-hand
what course of action was beneficial to the whole
of humanity, and consequently which actions in
general were desirable; it is a theory like that of
free trade, taking for granted that the general
harmony must result of itself according to innate
laws of amelioration. Perhaps a future contemplation of the needs of humanity will show that
it is by no means desirable that all men should
act alike; in the interest of oecumenical aims it
might rather be that for whole sections of mankind, special, and perhaps under certain circumstances even evil, tasks would have to be set. In any case, if mankind is not to destroy itself by
such a conscious universal rule, there must previously be found, as a scientific standard for
ecumenical aims, a knowledge o f the conditions of
culture superior to what has hitherto been attained.
Herein lies the enormous task of the great minds
of the next century."

Julius Evola came after Nietzsche and tried to develop on the "black hole" that the existentialists left behind - how to find and live with meaning in a modern world that has been assailed with growing Nihilism instead of engaging the positive pole of finding meaning in a world that doesn't give it to you on a silver platter. Here is one of his works on the subject.

He was also a part of the Dadaist movement.

Ride The Tiger

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 02-15-2019 at 05:05 AM.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Isn't Dante the guy who gave Morning-star Venus a bad reputation?
Was he? I'm not familiar with that.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:49 AM

Nietzsche espoused a moderate epicureanism when he was alive and often referred to himself and his 'ilk' as "free spirits!" and admired cheerfulness and other moderate and lighthearted emotional states. And from what I remember, I noted a lot of underlying optimism in his work underneath his emotionally intense presentation. Most seemed to get lost in his stormy veneer but his Libra Sun and Sagittarius Moon was right there with him to the very end.

He also had a lot of admiration for the figure of Christ but was more disparaging of Christians who he saw as "moral out of fear".

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 02-15-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:51 AM

In 12/12, the (tropical) Age of Capricorn is the only Sense of Purpose Age. Looks like part of that purpose is a revamping of traditional Religion.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Nietzsche espoused a moderate epicureanism when he was alive and often referred himself and his 'ilk' as "free spirits!" and was admired cheerfulness and other moderate and lighthearted emotional states. Most seemed to get lost in his stormy veneer but his Libra Sun and Sagittarius Moon was right there with him to the very end.

He also had a lot of admiration for the figure of Christ but was more disparaging of Christians who he saw as "moral out of fear".
He believed in an overriding version of "Truth", in place of God. Sounds like Libra and Sagittarius.
Unread 02-15-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
In 12/12, the (tropical) Age of Capricorn is the only Sense of Purpose Age. Looks like part of that purpose is a revamping of traditional Religion.
How would you explain the current explosion of alternative religious practices and occultism under 12/12?
Unread 02-15-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
How would you explain the current explosion of alternative religious practices and occultism under 12/12?
People searching for a Sense of Purpose in accordance with the mandate of the Age, and not finding it in the development of the technology taking control of our lives.
Unread 02-15-2019, 03:10 AM

David, is Moon in Aries emotional? Despite having only Saturn and Pluto as my water planets, I can feel emotion very strongly. I'm wondering if that's Aries doing.
Unread 02-15-2019, 03:11 AM

Sartre had one of the strongest Sense of Purpose placements in his own Chart: Jupiter in Taurus.
Unread 02-15-2019, 03:16 AM

I enjoyed BlackSun's Jupiter thread immensely. His absence, Lykanized and now petosiris. I enjoy the edgy intellectualism of them all.
Unread 02-15-2019, 03:53 AM

Quote:
I enjoyed BlackSun's Jupiter thread immensely. His absence, Lykanized and now petosiris. I enjoy the edgy intellectualism of them all.
I hope I didn't offend BlackSun?'s sensibilities with my criticism of Trump as President (never on his Jupiter calendar thread).. Blacksun? is a unique individual, who btw, has Jupiter in Taurus.
Unread 02-15-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
David, is Moon in Aries emotional? Despite having only Saturn and Pluto as my water planets, I can feel emotion very strongly. I'm wondering if that's Aries doing.
Gemini is Regulated by Neptune and Motivated by Venus. Moon in Aries is an emotional Facilitator, which does require emotional sensitivity.
Unread 02-15-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Gemini is Regulated by Neptune and Motivated by Venus. Moon in Aries is an emotional Facilitator, which does require emotional sensitivity.
Do my Gemini planets have to make contact with Neptune or Venus for me to feel the effect?
Unread 02-15-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Couldn't find anything about Nietzche's opinion of Astrology.
In Human, All-Too-Human:

Astrology and the Like . It is probable
that the objects of religious, moral, aesthetic and
logical sentiment likewise belong only to the surface of things, while man willingly believes that
here, at least, he has touched the heart of the
world; he deceives himself, because those things
enrapture him so profoundly, and make him so profoundly unhappy, and he therefore shows the same
pride here as in astrology. For astrology believes
that the firmament moves round the destiny of
man ; the moral man, however, takes it for granted
that what he has essentially at heart must also be
the essence and heart of things.
david starling (02-15-2019), Gemini888 (02-15-2019)
Unread 02-15-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Do my Gemini planets have to make contact with Neptune or Venus for me to feel the effect?
Moon in Aries alone can do that, but its aspects to Mars, Venus and Neptune are especially important.
Unread 02-15-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Moon in Aries alone can do that, but its aspects to Mars, Venus and Neptune are especially important.
Moon trines Mars and square Neptune. Sun trines Neptune. Mercury (in Gemini) quintile Neptune and Mars.
Unread 02-15-2019, 05:07 AM

Are you impatient, generally speaking? Also how does Venus aspect your Moon?
Unread 02-15-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Are you impatient, generally speaking? Also how does Venus aspect your Moon?
Yeah, really impatient. Luckily my Mars is in Virgo. And for a long time after I found out I have Aries Moon I trained myself to be more patient.

Venus makes no contact with the Moon. In fact, Venus goes with no one. It is the solo player of my chart, except for the inconjunct with Jupiter.
Unread 02-15-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Comes down to whether there's a Spiritual "Life after death", and, if so, whether what we do in this life reflects on the next. Materialism says "no". Sounds like Existentialism is very Materialistic, which agrees with materialistic modern-science in that regard.
So materialism being the attitudes that are supposed to be more valuable to individualism than collective ideas; my book defines existentialism as a movement, says they embrace diverse doctrines but use that to refer to just the individual's placement in an "unfathomable universe" and that their judgements can be based on any knowledge or no knowledge of good or bad, and that gives them free will and ability to explore the consequences of their action.
So yeah that does sound materialistic, seems like they're saying that "time is of the essence" free will is not to negotiate with indirect influences like the past or future. But does that actually work?
Unread 02-15-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhnikola View Post
So materialism being the attitudes that are supposed to be more valuable to individualism than collective ideas; my book defines existentialism as a movement, says they embrace diverse doctrines but use that to refer to just the individual's placement in an "unfathomable universe" and that their judgements can be based on any knowledge or no knowledge of good or bad, and that gives them free will and ability to explore the consequences of their action.
So yeah that does sound materialistic, seems like they're saying that "time is of the essence" free will is not to negotiate with indirect influences like the past or future. But does that actually work?
Time IS "of the essence" in this tropical Age, because the Age-sign is ruled by Saturn, god of linear Time. Notice the time-measurement capabilities that developed since the 17th Century, including the latest atomic clocks necessary for the navigational satellites the internet uses. They're accurate to a billionth of a second!