Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 11-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,651
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Asking whether or not we will talk again is a horary question.
Not unless you make it a horary question, and to make it a horary question, you have to cast a horary chart. Since you didn't, it's not a horary question at this point. And your question about your moon being in his eighth house is definitely not horary.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 11-16-2018, 05:10 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,275
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

IleneK makes a very important point. A rule of horary is that you get to ask a question just once-- by any means of divination. If you wait some months and the basic circumstances have changed, you can ask again.

The reason is because horary goes by the moment of the question. If you ask the same question repeatedly, then which moment is correct? Different charts will have different answers.

The other problem is being crystal-clear on the question you really wish to ask. Slicing-and-dicing what is basically the same question to cast multiple charts doesn't work. Neither does asking about mere contact when in your heart-of-hearts you really want to know about a sexual relationship.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 11-16-2018, 05:15 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,275
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Can you say how you interpreted these two charts? The square between the significators in #2 doesn't look so promising.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 11-16-2018, 05:53 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
IleneK makes a very important point. A rule of horary is that you get to ask a question just once-- by any means of divination. If you wait some months and the basic circumstances have changed, you can ask again.

The reason is because horary goes by the moment of the question. If you ask the same question repeatedly, then which moment is correct? Different charts will have different answers.

The other problem is being crystal-clear on the question you really wish to ask. Slicing-and-dicing what is basically the same question to cast multiple charts doesn't work. Neither does asking about mere contact when in your heart-of-hearts you really want to know about a sexual relationship.
Honestly at this point I don't care about a sexual relationship. I don't want to have sex with him. I just want to talk to him the sex is no longer important to me. I just want to go out with him. Like I should have done when he first asked me out. I thought that was what I wanted at first but it's not. I really miss him this is so messed up.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-16-2018 at 05:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 11-16-2018, 09:03 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Not unless you make it a horary question, and to make it a horary question, you have to cast a horary chart. Since you didn't, it's not a horary question at this point. And your question about your moon being in his eighth house is definitely not horary.
I understand I just thought that more than one question could be answered in the same chart.

Since the answer about us having sex is a no. And the fact that for me sex isn't important in regards to this situation anymore. I asked if we would go out sometime in the future. Meaning as in going out on a date or dating. I've only asked this question once and this is the only chart pulled for this question.


Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 11-16-2018, 06:05 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

He replied to my message saying that I didn't do anything wrong. And that he'll hangout with me very soon. I don't know what to think. If I should really believe him or not.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 11-17-2018, 05:23 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,275
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

ChildOfVenus, I'm really confused just reading your posts. Sorry if I've missed something, but they seem contradictory. There is a lot of confusion here. Maybe while you're waiting to hear back from him, this would be a good time to get some clarity on what you want from him; and whether it's best simply to have no expectations of anything developing.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 11-17-2018, 07:28 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
ChildOfVenus, I'm really confused just reading your posts. Sorry if I've missed something, but they seem contradictory. There is a lot of confusion here. Maybe while you're waiting to hear back from him, this would be a good time to get some clarity on what you want from him; and whether it's best simply to have no expectations of anything developing.
I've already said that I would like for us to be friends.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 11-21-2018, 01:12 PM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,042
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
So why do I get a no when I ask if this person will contact me. And a yes when I ask if we will have sexual relations?



This first chart is when I asked if the person will contact me.

This second chart is when I asked if we will have sexual relations.
None of the charts give a yes answer... you need to study horary a bit more. There is negative reception from him, so it seems he is not really interested. The charts suggests too much interest from you... this can be emotionally difficult territory, unrequited love... I hope you can move on soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 11-21-2018, 05:55 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
None of the charts give a yes answer... you need to study horary a bit more. There is negative reception from him, so it seems he is not really interested. The charts suggests too much interest from you... this can be emotionally difficult territory, unrequited love... I hope you can move on soon enough.
Well he contacted me recently so I guess you can't base life and situations off of horary readings. This seems to always happen the charts say no but realilty is always different. Last time I asked a horary question about me and someone else the answer was no but the guy and I ended having sex. Just like how supposedly the chart says I don't want to be in a committed relationship. Yet l'm saying that's not the case how can a chart tell someone how they feel emotionally? It can't.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-21-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 11-22-2018, 03:18 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,042
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Well he contacted me recently so I guess you can't base life and situations off of horary readings. This seems to always happen the charts say no but realilty is always different. Last time I asked a horary question about me and someone else the answer was no but the guy and I ended having sex. Just like how supposedly the chart says I don't want to be in a committed relationship. Yet l'm saying that's not the case how can a chart tell someone how they feel emotionally? It can't.
well perhaps your chart would be more accurate if you didn't keep asking same question over and over again? As per Ilene, you asked her to provide a horary delineation, she made a chart and gave you her interpretation, yet you go and pull a new chart an hour later... your chart suggests him to not being interested in you, contact is one thing, a relationship is different... you are overly involved to see reason. If you get involved with this person, you will get hurt...

Horary is for those who have more respect for it and don't keep pulling chart after chart.... you have no understanding of how it works, so perhaps better stick to you composite and synastry charts.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 11-22-2018, 04:23 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,275
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
I've already said that I would like for us to be friends.
Cool, but is this friends with benefits? Or was the sexual relationship part merely to see what the next chart would do?

In horary, it is so important to tell a straight story.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 11-22-2018, 11:03 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Cool, but is this friends with benefits? Or was the sexual relationship part merely to see what the next chart would do?

In horary, it is so important to tell a straight story.
What difference does it make? You stated that both charts is a no. I don't understand none of this. It's confusing because the charts say one thing. While he's saying something else. This is why I don't know what to believe. So perhaps I'll just block him and cut contact.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-22-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 11-22-2018, 11:33 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
well perhaps your chart would be more accurate if you didn't keep asking same question over and over again? As per Ilene, you asked her to provide a horary delineation, she made a chart and gave you her interpretation, yet you go and pull a new chart an hour later... your chart suggests him to not being interested in you, contact is one thing, a relationship is different... you are overly involved to see reason. If you get involved with this person, you will get hurt...

Horary is for those who have more respect for it and don't keep pulling chart after chart.... you have no understanding of how it works, so perhaps better stick to you composite and synastry charts.
I didn't ask the same questions over and over again. You always say this the questions aren't the same. I know the difference between contact and being in a relationship. The chart says he's not interested. Yet he's the one who initiated contact asking me to go out with him. Well that really makes a lot of sense. What exactly do I say to him when he keeps saying he's interested? So what should my response be? Should I tell him I know he's not really interested? Even though he keeps saying otherwise?

A few days ago he said that he knows it seems like he's playing games. But that he's not he's just really busy with work. But that he'll be able to hang out soon. I told him that I've met someone else who I want to date. But that it's not nice for him to lead people on. That he should just be honest and direct if he's really not interested. That was my reply based on what was said about the charts.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-22-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 11-22-2018, 01:05 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

I love astrology it's one of my favorite hobbies and I've learned a lot. And I do believe that synastry is important. I think there is a lot of truth about the interactions between two people. But honestly I don't know about this Horary stuff. I don't like the idea of making life decisions based on a what a chart says. I think what happens in reality and real life should always come first. The part that doesn't make sense to me. Is If you are communicating with someone. Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else. I think there needs to be a line between astrology and real life. I'm not saying this based on this situation I just mean in general. Maybe Horary isn't for me because I like to live life based on what is actually happening in reality not based on what a chart says. I don't know if that makes sense. I don't like second guessing situations based on a chart. If I would have just went out with him when he first asked me to. Instead of letting astrology dictate my actions I probably wouldn't be in this situation.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-22-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 11-22-2018, 01:42 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,885
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
I love astrology it's one of my favorite hobbies and I've learned a lot. And I do believe that synastry is important. I think there is a lot of truth about the interactions between two people. But honestly I don't know about this Horary stuff. I don't like the idea of making life decisions based on a what a chart says. I think what happens in reality and real life should always come first. The part that doesn't make sense to me. Is If you are communicating with someone. Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else. I think there needs to be a line between astrology and real life. I'm not saying this based on this situation I just mean in general. Maybe Horary isn't for me because I like to live life based on what is actually happening in reality not based on what a chart says. I don't know if that makes sense. I don't like second guessing situations based on a chart. If I would have just went out with him when he first asked me to. Instead of letting astrology dictate my actions I probably wouldn't be in this situation.
CoV, there are many valid approaches to meeting our lives as they unfold.
We all must decide what is best for ourselves.

Quite honestly, I am in agreement with you about:
"Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else."

There are others who indicate that they do, but personally I do not use astrology, horary or otherwise, in any way to tell me what actions to take in my life. I would rather meet it as it arises and respond as best I can at that time. But that is my personal preference.

I think natal and synastry astrology can be very good for descriptions of general tendencies in and between personalities, but after that, I live my life. Perhaps that may be a good approach for you as well?

I am wishing you the very best in this holiday season.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 11-22-2018, 11:30 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
CoV, there are many valid approaches to meeting our lives as they unfold.
We all must decide what is best for ourselves.

Quite honestly, I am in agreement with you about:
"Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else."

There are others who indicate that they do, but personally I do not use astrology, horary or otherwise, in any way to tell me what actions to take in my life. I would rather meet it as it arises and respond as best I can at that time. But that is my personal preference.

I think natal and synastry astrology can be very good for descriptions of general tendencies in and between personalities, but after that, I live my life. Perhaps that may be a good approach for you as well?

I am wishing you the very best in this holiday season.
So since the chart says he's not interested. How do I respond to this?

"nothing you did was wrong. I am going to get to hang out with you very soon. I'm not trying to play games but I'm sure that's how it looks. My schedule is still pretty busy but I swear I'm going to find time very soon"

Should I just say "No I don't believe you because astrology says you aren't." I mean really what do I say?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 11-23-2018, 07:33 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,042
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
So since the chart says he's not interested. How do I respond to this?

"nothing you did was wrong. I am going to get to hang out with you very soon. I'm not trying to play games but I'm sure that's how it looks. My schedule is still pretty busy but I swear I'm going to find time very soon"

Should I just say "No I don't believe you because astrology says you aren't." I mean really what do I say?
Its not as black and white as you think. Look at the bigger picture. If astrology suggests one thing and the reality is going on a different path, then that would suggest to stay alert but keep going on the path that you want to. You should not let astrology dictate how you're going to lead your life. This is the reason horary should be used sparingly and only when you have a burning question that cannot be answered by your situation.

Another thing, e.g. querent asks - will we have sex, and the horary chart may suggest no, perhaps even a bad reception, but they might still have sex in reality, however later the guy disappears and the querent is heart broken as she wanted more.... was horary wrong? No, in my opinion horary accurately showed a negative situation. In the end, there was separation and heartbreak. The guy was only interested in getting laid. Horary shows the bigger picture....

This above example is just a general example. But in your chart, I can see you are overly focused on him, so you are emotionally involved... if you were just looking for casual sex, I would have said go for it, but as I see in the chart, there is imbalance of what you and he wants... this is the reason I was warning you.

I suggest you go forward with this guy as you want but keeping in mind to go slow and let feelings develop naturally. Be cautious and wise... I would advice you to not jump into bed with him straight away, first figure out how he feels about you.

all the best!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 11-23-2018, 11:07 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Its not as black and white as you think. Look at the bigger picture. If astrology suggests one thing and the reality is going on a different path, then that would suggest to stay alert but keep going on the path that you want to. You should not let astrology dictate how you're going to lead your life. This is the reason horary should be used sparingly and only when you have a burning question that cannot be answered by your situation.

Another thing, e.g. querent asks - will we have sex, and the horary chart may suggest no, perhaps even a bad reception, but they might still have sex in reality, however later the guy disappears and the querent is heart broken as she wanted more.... was horary wrong? No, in my opinion horary accurately showed a negative situation. In the end, there was separation and heartbreak. The guy was only interested in getting laid. Horary shows the bigger picture....

This above example is just a general example. But in your chart, I can see you are overly focused on him, so you are emotionally involved... if you were just looking for casual sex, I would have said go for it, but as I see in the chart, there is imbalance of what you and he wants... this is the reason I was warning you.

I suggest you go forward with this guy as you want but keeping in mind to go slow and let feelings develop naturally. Be cautious and wise... I would advice you to not jump into bed with him straight away, first figure out how he feels about you.

all the best!

I asked the guy if he wanted to be friends with benefits. This was after he asked me out. He said yes because he's always been into me. That's why I asked the question about whether or not he and I would have sex. Not because I want to be romantically involved with him. I thought it was obvious in the chart. As Osamenor said it showed that I'm the one who isn't interested in a relationship. I guess everyone has their own interpretation.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 11-23-2018, 11:39 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,042
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
I asked the guy if he wanted to be friends with benefits. This was after he asked me out. He said yes because he's always been into me. That's why I asked the question about whether or not he and I would have sex. Not because I want to be romantically involved with him. I thought it was obvious in the chart. As Osamenor said it showed that I'm the one who isn't interested in a relationship. I guess everyone has their own interpretation.
well you got 3 charts on this thread, with different significators you are going to get different receptions.... maybe stick to just having one chart in the future.

The chart shows your emotional involvement with him, this the second chart, the first chart as SN on ASC... this suggests negative influence on the question. Either way, I see nothing that suggests positivity around this relationship of yours...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 11-23-2018, 12:26 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
well you got 3 charts on this thread, with different significators you are going to get different receptions.... maybe stick to just having one chart in the future.

The chart shows your emotional involvement with him, this the second chart, the first chart as SN on ASC... this suggests negative influence on the question. Either way, I see nothing that suggests positivity around this relationship of yours...
That's the thing though how can astrology determine whether or not people can be friends? That's like if I go out today and meet someone. And we decide that we want to be friends. I'm not going to avoid them because of astrology. Or if I've been friends with someone since grade school. And a chart says I should end the friend ship. Would that really make common sense? To end a friendship with someone after being friends with that person for decades? I would never end my friendship with someone based on what a chart says. That's the issue I have with Horary astrology because it's like people no longer have free will.

So what do you suggest I say to him? No we can't be friends. Because an astrology chart says that it won't be a good a friendship? Yes I like the guy but not as a romantic interests. Based on what he's told me. It seems as though he maybe having issues financially. That alone is one reason why I don't want to get involved with him romantically. I just think he and I could be good friends. Be cause we have some things in common. I did think that maybe I should be emotionally involved after Osamenor said the charts show he's not the type of person who only wants a sex only thing with no strings attached. But again I guess that's not the case. Being as though the guy keeps telling me he's interested. This is why it's all So confusing and why I'd rather stick with reality.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 11-23-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 11-23-2018, 02:10 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
That's the thing though how can astrology determine whether or not people can be friends? That's like if I go out today and meet someone. And we decide that we want to be friends. I'm not going to avoid them because of astrology. Or if I've been friends with someone since grade school. And a chart says I should end the friend ship. Would that really make common sense? To end a friendship with someone after being friends with that person for decades? I would never end my friendship with someone based on what a chart says. That's the issue I have with Horary astrology because it's like people no longer have free will.

So what do you suggest I say to him? No we can't be friends. Because an astrology chart says that it won't be a good a friendship? Yes I like the guy but not as a romantic interests. Based on what he's told me. It seems as though he maybe having issues financially. That alone is one reason why I don't want to get involved with him romantically. I just think he and I could be good friends. Be cause we have some things in common. I did think that maybe I should be emotionally involved after Osamenor said the charts show he's not the type of person who only wants a sex only thing with no strings attached. But again I guess that's not the case. Being as though the guy keeps telling me he's interested. This is why it's all So confusing and why I'd rather stick with reality.
You shouldn't ask horary questions if you're not prepared to deal with the answers you get. I don't say that to be judgmental. I say that as someone who has thought of asking horary questions but who doubts. I know I wouldn't be satisfied with the answer, so I don't ask. It's not the job of anyone here to convince you it works. You're supposed to be on board before you ask.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 11-23-2018, 02:53 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
You shouldn't ask horary questions if you're not prepared to deal with the answers you get. I don't say that to be judgmental. I say that as someone who has thought of asking horary questions but who doubts. I know I wouldn't be satisfied with the answer, so I don't ask. It's not the job of anyone here to convince you it works. You're supposed to be on board before you ask.
I'm not asking anyone to convince me of anything. I'm asking what should a person do when a chart says one thing. But it's not what is actually happening in reality. Just like how people say the guy isn't interested in me. Yet he's saying that he is. It's not a trick question.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 11-23-2018, 04:31 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,291
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

@rafaella That is what I was asking about. Casual sex is friends with benefits. I wasn't asking if he and I would be in a romantic relationship. I was asking if we could be friends with benefits. Since he said he was interested.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 11-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,651
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
I asked the guy if he wanted to be friends with benefits. This was after he asked me out. He said yes because he's always been into me. That's why I asked the question about whether or not he and I would have sex. Not because I want to be romantically involved with him. I thought it was obvious in the chart. As Osamenor said it showed that I'm the one who isn't interested in a relationship. I guess everyone has their own interpretation.
In this thread alone, you've changed your mind several times. First you said you want to be friends with benefits but you don't want a romantic relationship. Then you said you would be willing to have a committed relationship with him. Then you said you don't care about having a sexual relationship with him at all. Now you're back to saying you want to be friends with benefits.

My interpretation is just an interpretation, not absolute truth. One way or another, that second chart you cast shows his significator domiciled and yours in detriment in his sign. I would say that means you would have to have a relationship on his terms, but there's something about his terms that isn't comfortable for you. Since you were at that point saying you wanted a friends with benefits relationship but nothing serious, I took that to mean he would be the one to want a serious, committed relationship, which you would not be comfortable with.

However, it looks like what's going on here is you can't decide what kind of relationship you want with him. Your significator in that chart is the moon, which regularly changes. His is Saturn, which holds steady and sticks to something. I initially interpreted that as a desire for commitment on his part because Saturn and Capricorn tend to do that--want stability, commitment, and staying the course--and because you were making it sound like that was what you didn't want.

It does look like he's more sure of himself, whatever it is that he wants, than you are.

He may be interested in you, but based on that chart, it looks like the two of you have different ideas, and different desires, when it comes to actually having a relationship. If you do get together, those differences will surface pretty quickly.

That said, the chart isn't telling you what to do. You can still pursue this relationship if you want to, and if he's still willing. It just doesn't look like a relationship with strong compatibility.

Last edited by Osamenor; 11-23-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrocom, horary, question

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.