Pluto and 2008

Shamir

Am not a export on astrology were we in Pluto in January 2008 in any category?

CapAquaPis

And Pluto transits into Aquarius on Jan 21, 2024...almost 16 years in the sign of Capricorn. However, it is in retrograde from Sep 1 to Nov 19 later that year. It is the USA's Plutonian return, Pluto was in Aquarius in 1777 in the era when the country declared its independence on July 4, 1776 (Pluto in 27' Capricorn conjunct moon later that night transits Pisces), but on July 4, 2024 the moon is in Leo closer to the Sun in Cancer this time.

Nexus7

Pluto went into Capricorn though I don't know why that in itself made that year so critical. The recession might not have been as bad as the Wall Street Crash, but still.

Anyone else care to refresh me on what else was going on astrologically at that point?

Pluto was in trine by transit to Saturn. Not sure I remember what else was going on. But recessions seem to bring a lot of negative consequences in their wake, fears over survival I suppose. In 2010, Cameron in the UK started his austerity campaign, which also lead to further consequences down the road.

It's gone into Aquarius for good now. I do know there is a lot of concern about how AI will impact things for better or for worse now. Last time we had that there was the French Revolution of course. And Mars Shelley's Frankenstein's seminal novel came out, she having that placement on her Midheaven. Sophia the humanoid robot has Emirates citizenship and sells her drawings for tens and thousands, but that was already well in the works before Pluto made its switch to a new sign for good.