Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 11-23-2018, 06:39 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
In this thread alone, you've changed your mind several times. First you said you want to be friends with benefits but you don't want a romantic relationship. Then you said you would be willing to have a committed relationship with him. Then you said you don't care about having a sexual relationship with him at all. Now you're back to saying you want to be friends with benefits.

My interpretation is just an interpretation, not absolute truth. One way or another, that second chart you cast shows his significator domiciled and yours in detriment in his sign. I would say that means you would have to have a relationship on his terms, but there's something about his terms that isn't comfortable for you. Since you were at that point saying you wanted a friends with benefits relationship but nothing serious, I took that to mean he would be the one to want a serious, committed relationship, which you would not be comfortable with.

However, it looks like what's going on here is you can't decide what kind of relationship you want with him. Your significator in that chart is the moon, which regularly changes. His is Saturn, which holds steady and sticks to something. I initially interpreted that as a desire for commitment on his part because Saturn and Capricorn tend to do that--want stability, commitment, and staying the course--and because you were making it sound like that was what you didn't want.

It does look like he's more sure of himself, whatever it is that he wants, than you are.

He may be interested in you, but based on that chart, it looks like the two of you have different ideas, and different desires, when it comes to actually having a relationship. If you do get together, those differences will surface pretty quickly.

That said, the chart isn't telling you what to do. You can still pursue this relationship if you want to, and if he's still willing. It just doesn't look like a relationship with strong compatibility.
I just want to be able to have my space and freedom. I don't mind being in a serious relationship. As long as I'm not smothered. When I was in a relationship with my ex. We lived together but I liked having my own room. I wouldn't have to see the person everyday. I got bored with my ex because everything became routine. I don't know what to do about this situation though. I don't understand why he would say he's interested in something if that's not what he really wants.

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 11-23-2018, 07:56 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
So since the chart says he's not interested. How do I respond to this?

"nothing you did was wrong. I am going to get to hang out with you very soon. I'm not trying to play games but I'm sure that's how it looks. My schedule is still pretty busy but I swear I'm going to find time very soon"

Should I just say "No I don't believe you because astrology says you aren't." I mean really what do I say?
If you re read what I wrote to you, you will see that I said YOU need to decide what to do, what to say. I don稚 think horary can guide you here for the reasons you have described about yourself and the circumstances that have been discussed here at length.

I strongly agree with rafaella痴 wise admonition to go slowly with this fellow, no matter what you decide to do with him, if anything, continually evaluating how you feel at each small step.

This is for YOU to decide given all the limited and ambiguous information surrounding the matter.
Nothing like this is ever clear cut. Even if it looks like it.

Very best to you!
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 11-24-2018, 02:39 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

We don't really know each other. So it makes sense that he wouldn't be emotionally involved.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 11-24-2018, 04:13 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
We don't really know each other. So it makes sense that he wouldn't be emotionally involved.
Good point.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 12-01-2018, 03:19 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

So he's asking me if I'll be his that's his way of asking will I have sex with him lol. But this doesn't sound like friends with benefits to me.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 12-15-2018, 02:19 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

I just don't get why people always automatically assume that it's the woman who will get hurt. Like men don't have emotions? A lot of times the woman isn't the one who ends up getting hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 12-18-2018, 04:10 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,286
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

I don't think we always assume that. It's just in your case it's a woman asking the question.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 12-18-2018, 02:48 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Just because the woman is asking a question doesn't mean she'll be the one who gets hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 12-18-2018, 04:19 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 4,886
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
I just don't get why people always automatically assume that it's the woman who will get hurt. Like men don't have emotions? A lot of times the woman isn't the one who ends up getting hurt.
There is no such automatic assumption. Period.
Perhaps it may be helpful for you to examine your understanding of horary, and more importantly, to examine your assumptions that lead you to this false conclusion?
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 12-19-2018, 03:51 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,286
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

CoV, it's not like we're assuming very much. We read your chart and try to honestly interpret what it tells us. iRght? You're the querent so this gives you a big role in a horary chart plus any kind of friendly advice. If it looks like the man would be eating his heart out, the chart should show that.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 01-08-2019, 05:41 AM
Tandy Tandy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 108
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Does the intent of the question change in the wording? The chart is cast at moment of question and the chart tells the querant's conscern of the question at the moment it was drawn and the answer doesn't change from changed wording later does it?

The house of the moon is always put in a chart time no matter the wording, right? Isn't it a question of the moment and the moon remains true to the question asked, even in a chart that can't be read by rules? The moon has baring on all questions and answers - as much as I know from traditional astrology in horary.

Is there a restriction on reading the chart's moon because the question was shaded?

Last edited by Tandy; 01-08-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 01-08-2019, 10:00 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,286
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Tandy, there is often a problem when the printed question that is asked is different from what the querent is actually thinking. For whatever reason, the querent may not share her true question, and asks a cover-up kind of question. Oh, for example, she might call a man her friend (11th house) when she's really interested in him as a committed lover (7th house.)

Sometimes the moon will show where the querent's true interests lie. So maybe she asks about a "friend" but the moon and her significator are in the 7th house. Sometimes an ambiguous question just gives a chart that doesn't seem appropriate to the question; or even one with strong considerations against judgment.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 01-09-2019, 05:12 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,732
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
Does the intent of the question change in the wording? The chart is cast at moment of question and the chart tells the querant's conscern of the question at the moment it was drawn and the answer doesn't change from changed wording later does it?

The house of the moon is always put in a chart time no matter the wording, right? Isn't it a question of the moment and the moon remains true to the question asked, even in a chart that can't be read by rules? The moon has baring on all questions and answers - as much as I know from traditional astrology in horary.

Is there a restriction on reading the chart's moon because the question was shaded?
The actual words don't matter. What matters is that the words you use accurately describe your question/issue. Often that's not the case. And so rewording the question after the chart has been posted is usually more helpful than not and sometimes absolutely necessary.

The Moon sometimes can represent someone else or something else depending on the question. It's not necessarily always your co-significator.
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muchacho For This Useful Post:
Tandy (01-09-2019)
  #64  
Unread 01-09-2019, 05:31 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
CoV, it's not like we're assuming very much. We read your chart and try to honestly interpret what it tells us. iRght? You're the querent so this gives you a big role in a horary chart plus any kind of friendly advice. If it looks like the man would be eating his heart out, the chart should show that.
And if the guy says he wants me in real life. I am to ignore that because the chart says different? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. If the guy said he likes me then that means he likes me. Regardless of what a chart says isn't that common sense? Why doesn't that make sense to anyone? At what point does a person live in real life? Sorry but I'm not going to pick astrology over what a person is saying in real life. That should be common sense I mean really.

The problem is people think astrology can tell them whether or not they can have a relationship with someone. Like they are psychic that's using astrology the wrong way. People like that shouldn't be involved with astrology because they abuse it. It shows potential about what could happen. It can not determine what will actually happen though. Some people have horrible synastry and they have been together for years. People ask Horary questions and get one answer yet something else happens in real life. I love astrology but people abuse it and it's sad. I've learned to avoid astrologers who pretend to be psychic. Or think that just because they had a experience with someone. That the next person will have the same result as they did. We are all different people. What one person goes through may not happen with the next person.

I'm not asking anymore Horary questions in regards to relationships. Because it's never accurate I've asked other questions in the past. And the answers where not correct. With another guy I was told that this guy and I wouldn't meet up again. Yet we have at least twice since then. So it's obviously not accurate for me with relationship questions.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 01-09-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 01-09-2019, 07:02 AM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Horary astrology is to be used for the kinds of questions that keep you awake at night. When you need to know the answer more than you need to like the answer, and you've exhausted all normal means of discovering it already.

If you're using the way you'd pluck petals from a daisy whilst saying 'he loves me, he loves me not', then don't expect to get a realistic answer from it. And certainly don't take 90% of the questions you see on this board as horary. They aren't. Most people come here wanting their fortunes told for amusement, and it shows.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
ChildOfVenus (01-10-2019), SunConjunctUranus (01-09-2019), waybread (01-09-2019)
  #66  
Unread 01-09-2019, 09:24 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,286
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Well said, Oddity and Muchacho.

CoV, by all means, if you mistrust horary, then don't use it. I might just point out that over the past few millennia guys have led gals astray by claiming to love them when they didn't, but just wanted something from her. Or maybe they liked her for a brief while, then lost interest. But if you're an expert judge of character, then you don't need horary to know whether or not to accept a man at his word.

The other thing I might mention is that most (not all) of the people reading charts on this forum are amateurs. I would never claim 100% accuracy. Which is why feedback from the querent is so helpful. If I got it wrong, then I can go back to the chart and see what I misinterpreted.

Might I suggest that you get what you pay for?
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 01-10-2019, 02:51 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Well said, Oddity and Muchacho.

CoV, by all means, if you mistrust horary, then don't use it. I might just point out that over the past few millennia guys have led gals astray by claiming to love them when they didn't, but just wanted something from her. Or maybe they liked her for a brief while, then lost interest. But if you're an expert judge of character, then you don't need horary to know whether or not to accept a man at his word.

The other thing I might mention is that most (not all) of the people reading charts on this forum are amateurs. I would never claim 100% accuracy. Which is why feedback from the querent is so helpful. If I got it wrong, then I can go back to the chart and see what I misinterpreted.

Might I suggest that you get what you pay for?
Now you are saying he's leading me on and that he's not interested in me anymore you are truly unbelievable. I'm not listening to what you have to say anymore. It has caused major issues for me in regards to this situation. I've gone as far as to argue with him because I let you and other people like yourself influence me. But I'm done with it and won't be bothered anymore. I have no reason to believe he's lying about being interested in me. So please save your assumptions for someone else because your brainwashing won't work on me anymore. You have a lot of nerve trying to be sarcastic with me calling me an expert. When you pretend to be a psychic thinking you know it all. I don't care what you say you can not convince me that someone doesn't like me based on a chart. When they are telling me otherwise so please just stop wasting your time because it won't work. If people actually listened to you they wouldn't have a life. Or any kind of friendship or romance with anyone.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 01-10-2019 at 03:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 01-10-2019, 02:59 AM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Horary astrology is to be used for the kinds of questions that keep you awake at night. When you need to know the answer more than you need to like the answer, and you've exhausted all normal means of discovering it already.

If you're using the way you'd pluck petals from a daisy whilst saying 'he loves me, he loves me not', then don't expect to get a realistic answer from it. And certainly don't take 90% of the questions you see on this board as horary. They aren't. Most people come here wanting their fortunes told for amusement, and it shows.
I get that but we have people here who don't use common sense they think astrology and horary trumps real life. I don't use it as a way of saying he loves me he loves me not. But like I said before I won't be using it for relationship questions anymore. Because people here take everything out of context and completely ignore anything in regards to real life. Have you counted the number of times I've said that what the chart says isn't what is actually happening in reality? Yet there are people here who are STILL trying to tell me that what I'm saying is a lie. If I'm saying that the guy says he likes me and has asked me out several times. Then why are people here trying to convince me that he doesn't actually like me? That he's just leading me on or is no longer interested in me. It's insanity and I shouldn't have been gullible enough to feed into the bs. But I won't anymore I'm not going to allow these people to get to me. I honestly think most of them do it on purpose for their own entertainment. Then we have the SunconjunctUranus guy making assumptions about me being bisexual. Just because I asked a question in regards to a synastry of me and a friend. Telling me how I won't have a friendship with the person because of one synastry aspect. So you see? People here are trolls and just get a kick out of toying with people.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 01-10-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,286
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Now you are saying he's leading me on and that he's not interested in me anymore
Where did I say that???? What I did was to point out a potential risk factor, and to say that IF you're a good judge of character you don't need horary.


Quote:
you are truly unbelievable. I'm not listening to what you have to say anymore. It has caused major issues for me in regards to this situation. I've gone as far as to argue with him because I let you and other people like yourself influence me.
Nobody told you to argue with him. You have to take responsibility for how you interact with other people.

Quote:
But I'm done with it and won't be bothered anymore. I have no reason to believe he's lying about being interested in me. So please save your assumptions for someone else because your brainwashing won't work on me anymore. You have a lot of nerve trying to be sarcastic with me calling me an expert. When you pretend to be a psychic thinking you know it all. I don't care what you say you can not convince me that someone doesn't like me based on a chart. When they are telling me otherwise so please just stop wasting your time because it won't work. If people actually listened to you they wouldn't have a life. Or any kind of friendship or romance with anyone.
Well, you clearly misread my posts! Nobody on this thread could possibly "brainwash" you. Where did I call you an expert? I said that if you were an expert at reading chararacter, then you don't need horary.

Why would you manipulate what I say?

I am not a psychic and do not pretend to me one. I read charts for people. Most astrologers are not psychic. Because we are only human, we could read a chart incorrectly. Oftentimes in a chart the time is not the right one or the question is not really the one on the querent's mind, so there is a potential for error.

Our job is not to give the querent the answer that she wants. It is to read and communicate the chart truthfully, as we see it.

If you leave horary astrology alone for a while, that is probably a healthy direction for you. Because ultimately it is your life and your decisions, not ours.

With best wishes for your journey, W
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 01-10-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 01-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Tandy Tandy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 108
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

When I did an horary chart for my friend - she asked would her mom give money for down payment on condo - the moon was in 8th house of querant where I expected it to be in 4th house or 2nd house with maybe a relating aspect to 8th as family money. Saturn was in querant's 8th conjunct moon. Her mom died a month after that, after saying "no - no down payment" and much resentment by my friend, and then she and left her the family house. The moon in 8th was not a good place for "will my mom give me a down payment' except for the real question - answered in her response to me when I said 'she won't give you the down payment' and she said "she won't part with a dime until she dies". I think the moon tells more about the question than the wording in horary.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 04-13-2019, 02:24 PM
ChildOfVenus ChildOfVenus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,292
Re: Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

I forgot to update we did actually end up meeting and hanging out and we had fun together. So I guess it's best not to always believe with the Horary chart says when it supposable says no. Because obviously, it's not always accurate.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrocom, horary, question

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ゥ 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.