Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-02-2017, 06:27 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Does anyone find Libras attractive?

This is a general and genuine question.

I feel like I'm incapable of being wanted.


Last edited by craft94; 04-02-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 04-02-2017, 11:53 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,252
Smile Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
This is a general and genuine question.

I feel like I'm incapable of being wanted.
Venus in Retrograde state? Maybe it causes wrong choices in partners.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 04-02-2017, 11:59 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,802
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

It makes me sad that you feel that way...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-02-2017)
  #4  
Unread 04-02-2017, 12:53 PM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Yup, my brother's a Libra Sun and he's very popular in general and attractive to women. I'd say most Libra Suns I've come across have found ways to make themselves attractive to others.

Nevertheless, an individual Libra Sun might not be so well-liked, in which case I would look at the rest of the chart for clues.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM
detectahead detectahead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 320
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Although I haven't seen the chart I've observed that librans ego can be somewhat weak and that they need constant reassurance that they are liked. They can be charming,polite,flash the winning smile and even go as far as bending over backwards to please. There usually dressed nicely, well mannered and groomed to the T.
But after being sweet,adorable,and charming all day that by the time they get home their sick of being sweet and adorable. They become angry and argumentative and depressed. If you were in there presence you would be wondering in amazement where the transformation came from? But in actuality the beautiful Libran is still there they have just tipped their scales so much to one side that they must compensate.

Craft94, be optimistic and probably this time is just transitory with the cycle of the moon. Your first words were "I feel"
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to detectahead For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-02-2017)
  #6  
Unread 04-02-2017, 04:48 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Venus in Retrograde state? Maybe it causes wrong choices in partners.
I have Venus Retro natally.
I think it's worse than Mercury retro btw
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-02-2017, 04:49 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by detectahead View Post
Although I haven't seen the chart I've observed that librans ego can be somewhat weak and that they need constant reassurance that they are liked. They can be charming,polite,flash the winning smile and even go as far as bending over backwards to please. There usually dressed nicely, well mannered and groomed to the T.
But after being sweet,adorable,and charming all day that by the time they get home their sick of being sweet and adorable. They become angry and argumentative and depressed. If you were in there presence you would be wondering in amazement where the transformation came from? But in actuality the beautiful Libran is still there they have just tipped their scales so much to one side that they must compensate.

Craft94, be optimistic and probably this time is just transitory with the cycle of the moon. Your first words were "I feel"
Thanks!
Yeah, I was just in a bad mood last night. I read something that triggered bad memories.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 04-02-2017, 04:49 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
Yup, my brother's a Libra Sun and he's very popular in general and attractive to women. I'd say most Libra Suns I've come across have found ways to make themselves attractive to others.

Nevertheless, an individual Libra Sun might not be so well-liked, in which case I would look at the rest of the chart for clues.
And what clues do you see in my chart, Sib? (I feel like you're hinting at something here)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-02-2017, 06:43 PM
CancerEvolve CancerEvolve is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,679
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Yeah Libra are quite nice
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CancerEvolve For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-02-2017)
  #10  
Unread 04-05-2017, 04:31 AM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
And what clues do you see in my chart, Sib? (I feel like you're hinting at something here)
I wasn't really hinting at anything but yes your chart does have some major clues in that regard. Will you actually take them into consideration if I expound? If not, I literally do not have the time to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 04-05-2017, 05:34 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Instead of saying that all sun signs have attractive people I'll say this instead. There was this girl in HS that I found insanely gorgeous and she also seemed to have a thing for me too. She had 4 planets in Libra and it was obvious. Beautiful face, a great dimple cheeked smile, her body was A+, she walked gracefully and she had a soft, kind of raspy voice that was very pleasant to listen to.

Who gives a **** if someone thinks a sign is attractive or not? I couldn't care less what people think about "my" sign (you think you own your signs?)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-05-2017)
  #12  
Unread 04-05-2017, 09:02 AM
Senecar's Avatar
Senecar Senecar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: 9th house
Posts: 774
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

I do not believe in the Sun Sign alone astrology anymore. I must see the Natal chart, and then it will take at least 1 year of studying the chart and conversation with the person to be able to tell.
__________________
http://forum93.freeforums.net
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senecar For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-05-2017)
  #13  
Unread 04-05-2017, 11:58 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
I wasn't really hinting at anything but yes your chart does have some major clues in that regard. Will you actually take them into consideration if I expound? If not, I literally do not have the time to do so.
I'm talking about physical attraction. So the only way I CAN take it into consideration is to get plastic surgery.

If it's because you think I'm argumentative and aggressive or whatever (you've said these things before), that is noooot it. I think this particular guy (who initially thought I was cute and hot) would actually have preferred it if I was more aggressive with him. Instead I was what detectahead said. needy and lacking in confidence. I dont like it - knowing that my lack of confidence makes me unattractive doesn't exactly make me more confident - but I can understand and respect it more. Any guy who wants me to be sweet and submissive (outside the bedroom) - any guy who'd rather a woman lack confidence than be aggressive and argumentative - is not one I'd find attractive in the first place. So if that's it, my fire Mars square Moon in the 3rd, that you're referring to, no I won't take it into consideration because it's literally irrelevant

Last edited by craft94; 04-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 04-05-2017, 12:02 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Instead of saying that all sun signs have attractive people I'll say this instead. There was this girl in HS that I found insanely gorgeous and she also seemed to have a thing for me too. She had 4 planets in Libra and it was obvious. Beautiful face, a great dimple cheeked smile, her body was A+, she walked gracefully and she had a soft, kind of raspy voice that was very pleasant to listen to.

Who gives a **** if someone thinks a sign is attractive or not? I couldn't care less what people think about "my" sign (you think you own your signs?)
Hmm. I've been told that I had a nice smile too.

Last edited by craft94; 04-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 04-05-2017, 12:14 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senecar View Post
I do not believe in the Sun Sign alone astrology anymore. I must see the Natal chart, and then it will take at least 1 year of studying the chart and conversation with the person to be able to tell.
That's true
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 04-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
I'm talking about physical attraction. So the only way I CAN take it into consideration is to get plastic surgery.

If it's because you think I'm argumentative and aggressive or whatever (you've said these things before), that is noooot it. I think this particular guy (who initially thought I was cute and hot) would actually have preferred it if I was more aggressive with him. Instead I was what detectahead said. needy and lacking in confidence. I dont like it - knowing that my lack of confidence makes me unattractive doesn't exactly make me more confident - but I can understand and respect it more. Any guy who wants me to be sweet and submissive (outside the bedroom) - any guy who'd rather a woman lack confidence than be aggressive and argumentative - is not one I'd find attractive in the first place. So if that's it, my fire Mars square Moon in the 3rd, that you're referring to, no I won't take it into consideration because it's literally irrelevant
Is there no middle ground for you between 'submissive and sweet' and argumentative and aggressive'? If there isn't, that might be the problem.

As for the plastic surgery, drop it, at least for now. Can't girls use make-up, change hairstyles, change clothing styles? That also seems to be a point that's lacking middle ground.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
katydid (04-05-2017)
  #17  
Unread 04-05-2017, 11:57 PM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Is there no middle ground for you between 'submissive and sweet' and argumentative and aggressive'? If there isn't, that might be the problem.

As for the plastic surgery, drop it, at least for now. Can't girls use make-up, change hairstyles, change clothing styles? That also seems to be a point that's lacking middle ground.
I think you missed my point.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 04-06-2017, 01:17 AM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 944
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

My brother has ascendant in Libra and even though he is not handsome in the conventional/classical way, he has always had female admirers.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #19  
Unread 04-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,092
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

The Libra sign does go from one extreme to the other. For example the charm they use in public use up all the energy and when they get home the partner gets the anger which the public might not believe could exist. Also Libra also take relationships very seriously and can be like 'a drill sergeant.' This is the balance of Libra.

To celebrate Libra and in the spirit of balance the question then should not that craft is not beautiful but the right man has not appeared and not Craft94's fault

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 04-06-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #20  
Unread 04-06-2017, 02:40 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
The Libra sign does go from one extreme to the other. For example the charm they use in public use up all the energy and when they get home the partner gets the anger which the public might not believe could exist. Also Libra also take relationships very seriously and can be like 'a drill sergeant.' This is the balance of Libra.

To celebrate Libra and in the spirit of balance the question then should not that craft is not beautiful but the right man has not appeared and not Craft94's fault
I've been wanting to give my own input on this thread, but couldn't seem to find the right words to use (particularly because I don't want to create misunderstanding). But the above is closest to what I would say about Libra; I've been surrounded by this sign all of my life, and I've definitely experienced this initial feeling of, "wow, this Libra Sun person is so perfect," only to find out that their true goal was to manipulate and control situations with their charm. There can be immense anger when you do not do things their way -- but this is usually shown in a calculated and hidden manner. It can very hard to get others to believe you if you say that a Libra Sun is harsh.

My Libra mother is more than harsh, she's abusive. And so was my first real boyfriend, another native of this sun sign. I have met quite a few others that I would classify as abusive as well. However, I don't know why that is, and I don't think it's supposed to be the norm.

This has nothing to do with their attractiveness though. If I were to answer the actual question of this thread, I would say that Libras seem to have an inherent attractiveness. This is why I got involved with that boyfriend in the first place! He wasn't at all what most people would consider handsome and sexy, but he was very smooth-talking, charming and funny. It took me a while to come around to him, but I finally did; maybe that was why he changed, because once he "got me" he felt super empowered and didn't think he could possibly lose me.

Anyway, I think you - craft94 - are probably beyond all of this... the game-playing, etc. And that is why you don't seem to get the "results" that other Libras might. My mother used to tell me that I "didn't know how to play the game." What she meant is that I had too much integrity and honesty and I couldn't ******* tolerate lying, slyness and manipulation. This, in a nutshell, is what some Libras seem to rely upon in order to get what they want. If you don't do this, then consider yourself an evolved Libra (ugh, I hate that whole evolved vs unevolved thing, but it's the best way to describe this). You want to attract the right person, and that is what is going to happen when you behave with integrity. From what I've seen of you on the forum, it seems like it is pretty important for you to be this way.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #21  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:20 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
I've been wanting to give my own input on this thread, but couldn't seem to find the right words to use (particularly because I don't want to create misunderstanding). But the above is closest to what I would say about Libra; I've been surrounded by this sign all of my life, and I've definitely experienced this initial feeling of, "wow, this Libra Sun person is so perfect," only to find out that their true goal was to manipulate and control situations with their charm. There can be immense anger when you do not do things their way -- but this is usually shown in a calculated and hidden manner. It can very hard to get others to believe you if you say that a Libra Sun is harsh.

My Libra mother is more than harsh, she's abusive. And so was my first real boyfriend, another native of this sun sign. I have met quite a few others that I would classify as abusive as well. However, I don't know why that is, and I don't think it's supposed to be the norm.

This has nothing to do with their attractiveness though. If I were to answer the actual question of this thread, I would say that Libras seem to have an inherent attractiveness. This is why I got involved with that boyfriend in the first place! He wasn't at all what most people would consider handsome and sexy, but he was very smooth-talking, charming and funny. It took me a while to come around to him, but I finally did; maybe that was why he changed, because once he "got me" he felt super empowered and didn't think he could possibly lose me.

Anyway, I think you - craft94 - are probably beyond all of this... the game-playing, etc. And that is why you don't seem to get the "results" that other Libras might. My mother used to tell me that I "didn't know how to play the game." What she meant is that I had too much integrity and honesty and I couldn't ******* tolerate lying, slyness and manipulation. This, in a nutshell, is what some Libras seem to rely upon in order to get what they want. If you don't do this, then consider yourself an evolved Libra (ugh, I hate that whole evolved vs unevolved thing, but it's the best way to describe this). You want to attract the right person, and that is what is going to happen when you behave with integrity. From what I've seen of you on the forum, it seems like it is pretty important for you to be this way.
I liked this post because I thank you for what you had to say about me personally. I have to admit though; I've yet to experiece a Libra, any Libra, as "dishonest."

Libra is ruled by the scales of justice so I actually think the principles of honesty and integrity are important to us as a whole (though I'm sure some unevolved ones just pretend); imo you can't seperate "fairness" from "honesty." I also think of Libra as a truth-seeking sign because we're always weighing things, to get to the heart of the manner. We're trying to consider every single fact, which is where our "indecisiveness" comes from.

I don't like every Libra I meet but I tend to dislike them for the opposite reason: they're harsh. You're right about that, not in a manipulative way, but outwardly so...very self-righteous, but in a Saturnian way, not like Sagittarius. I find a Libran's honesty is actually much worse than a fire sign's because they don't say it like they're angry, they don't say it like they have a poor opinion of you, they say it like they actually mean it except there is no "they." Sometimes they'll even word it like they're saying something kind, but usually they word it like it's pure objective fact, plain and simple. Being told you're stupid is a lot easier to brush off than being told why you're stupid in great detail by a person with the reputation of an angel.

I've honestlly yet to experience a Libra as dishonest, and I was always confused as to where that reputation came from (Venus?) but reading your post, I think I can understand why people might perceive us that way. I don't agree with it at all though because it's more about other people's preconceived expectations and assumptions than it is "lying." I know you say I'm probably an evolved Libra so this might not apply to everyone born under my sign, but speaking from my own experience, I never pretend to be nice. I simply am nice... most of the time. The truth is Libras really aren't "nice" or "sweet" or "kind" or any of the other adjectives used to describe how goody-goody we are. Libras are simply fair and I think that often gets mistaken for kindness but in all truth, justice isn''t kind. Justice can actually be quite cruel. Look at the Justice card - it's pictured with a sword. Libra is not Pisces.

For example, I've had this experience with Leos, in particular, where they think I'm on "their side," because I'm nice to them or because I've defended them once, but then they tend to think I'm this cold, cutting (probably manipulative) narcissist once they actually get to know me and I end up not bowing down to them. I never lied, I never said I was on "their side," that's their assumption and it's not something I ever wanted them to assume. I meant it when I was nice to them and I meant it when I defended them that time they were bullied but I also meant it when I told them off and defended the person they bullied. To me, being a friend isn't agreeing or supporting everything a person says but telling them off when they need it and accepting them anyway.

Oh, I'm not trying to discount your experience. Just expressing my own thoughts. I do believe there are unevolved and unfair Libras, definitely. I've met some unfair Libras myself but the unfair ones, in my own experience, actually believe they're fair... and that may be the worst part of it all.

Last edited by craft94; 04-06-2017 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:33 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

What's the difference between Sagittarius self righteousness and Saturnine self righteousness?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:38 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
What's the difference between Sagittarius self righteousness and Saturnine self righteousness?
Sagittarius is like fire. Saturn is more like ice.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:39 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: a pit
Posts: 14,527
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft94 View Post
Sagittarius is like fire. Saturn is more like ice.
hmm, an obvious metaphor but it works.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
craft94 (04-06-2017)
  #25  
Unread 04-06-2017, 03:41 AM
craft94's Avatar
craft94 craft94 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venus
Posts: 1,340
Re: Does anyone find Libras attractive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
hmm, an obvious metaphor but it works.
As long as it works, I'm good. I'm not trying to be a poet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.